PDA

View Full Version : Pens VS Red wings part deux

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Steel Head
06-06-2009, 10:37 PM
what did Adams do to get a misconduct? I didnt see it

HometownGal
I have never seen a more pro Detroit Reffing Staff.

The refs have made a bad call or two (and a few non-calls on the Wings as well) tonight, but when all is said and done, if the Pens want to know why they got their asses kicked tonight, they need to look no farther than the mirrors in their locker room.

KeiselPower99
Can someone please knock out a Red Wing?

X-Terminator
06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Also, I feel bad for Fleury, because he's going to be the one taking all of the blame for the loss tonight. Again.

Goal 1 - should have been stopped. No question.
Goal 2 - he was in position to make the save, but still allowed the puck to sneak through the five hole. Probably should have made the save there. Victimized by a slow line change.
Goal 3 - totally hung out to dry by his D allowing Kronwall - a defenseman - walk right in front of the net.
Goal 4 - screened. Never saw it.
Goal 5 - again, his D hung him out to dry by not checking the back side and leaving Zetterberg all alone to his left.

2 of the 5 goals could be his fault. The other 3 are all on the D. But he will be the one getting all of the poison darts thrown his way.

NEPAsteeler
06-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't wanna sound like a Flyers fan here, but seeing as how the Pens have had so many penalties against them, I'd have to say that the Refs had it out against us tonight. It made me sick. I don't know what caused our guys to stink it up so damn bad.

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Quit mouthing off. WHY IN THE HELL WASN'T FRANZEN TAKEN OUT???

Edman
I don't want to be pessimistic, but Games 3 and 4 Hell, even Games 1 and 2 gave me hope that this Pens team can fight and pull it out. Going from that to THIS is pretty jarring.

It's nothing the Dead Things are doing, but it's what we're not doing. We can beat these guys, but tonight the team just went ahead and quit.

Yes, should the Red Wings lift the Stanley Cup in Mellon Arena as the Penguins trudge into the locker room as runner ups once again, and want to know why they lost. They don't have to look very far for the reason.

Steel Head
Also, I feel bad for Fleury, because he's going to be the one taking all of the blame for the loss tonight. Again.

Goal 1 - should have been stopped. No question.
Goal 2 - he was in position to make the save, but still allowed the puck to sneak through the five hole. Probably should have made the save there. Victimized by a slow line change.
Goal 3 - totally hung out to dry by his D allowing Kronwall - a defenseman - walk right in front of the net.
Goal 4 - screened. Never saw it.
Goal 5 - again, his D hung him out to dry by not checking the back side and leaving Zetterberg all alone to his left.

2 of the 5 goals could be his fault. The other 3 are all on the D. But he will be the one getting all of the poison darts thrown his way.

LOL. anyone that blames Fleury for this loss is an idiot

it's a team game

HometownGal
I'll bet the same Wings "fans" on the Wings board I perused the other night who said their team "sucked", had no "heart", yada, yada, yada, are clamoring now to hop back up on that red and white bandwagon. :jerkit:

X-Terminator
XT and Ed - you can be as pessimistic as you want and XT - I'm disappointed in YOU for turning off the game. You know what I'm thinking right now. :mad: The bottom line is - as much as we've sucked tonight, I don't think either of you or anyone else here EVER expected these guys to make the playoffs, much less get to the SCF's. If you want to give up on 'em, have at it, but I've never given up on my teams in the past and I'm not going to start now.

Turning off a game that has been disappointing to watch and that had long turned into a rout does not make me a fair weather fan. Sorry. And when did I say I was giving up? I believe I said they'd rebound and win Game 6 to force Game 7. I don't call that giving up.

Texasteel
06-06-2009, 10:45 PM
The only thing this changes is that we win this in 7 instead of 6.

HometownGal
No use crying over spilled milk here. It is what it is and we have to put this ass beating behind us, get behind this team and believe in them 100%. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of their locker room tonight.

For the record - I don't blame Fleury for this loss. It was a total team meltdown unlike anything we've seen in these playoffs and it just may be the kick in the ass the Pens need to win Game #7 in Detroit next Friday.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Dodt
its over finally.

tony hipchest
06-06-2009, 10:46 PM
fleury coulda played out of his mind and allowed only one goal...

and still lost. i hope he dont take the heat. after the first 5 minutes they just got really sloppy. everybody.

then the penalties came. definitely a team effort in losing.

i sure like the balls and emotion malkin has shown along with the willingness to fight and engage. its not his job, but great to see he definitely has it in him.

HometownGal
06-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Turning off a game that has been disappointing to watch and that had long turned into a rout does not make me a fair weather fan. Sorry. And when did I say I was giving up? I believe I said they'd rebound and win Game 6 to force Game 7. I don't call that giving up.

No - it makes you a pouty little baby. I can just see your face now. :rolleyes:

No matter what you said in an earlier post, you gave up on the team tonight and I'm disappointed in you. Plain and simple.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Then Pens have stepped squarely on their dicks tonight hopefully they can put this behind them and look toward Tuesday.

X-Terminator
06-06-2009, 10:49 PM
No - it makes you a pouty little baby. I can just see your face now. :rolleyes:

No matter what you said in an earlier post, you gave up on the team tonight and I'm disappointed in you. Plain and simple.

Mar, it's 5-0 with just over 9 minutes to go in the game. There was no chance in hell they were going to come back from that, not against that team and considering the way they were playing tonight. It's a testament to my will, and my stomach, that I managed to watch that debacle for THAT long.

If you say I gave up, then so be it. I'm not going to change your mind on that. But I'm not going to hide my disappointment over the team's effort tonight either. It was pathetic to say the least. There's only one thing I ask of my teams whenever they play - that win or lose, they give it their all every time they take the ice/field. The Pens did not do that tonight, and therefore I could not watch any longer than I did. I'm still behind the team and I still believe they will win on Tuesday. I just feel like I got kicked right in the balls, because I did not see this coming AT ALL.

HometownGal
06-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Mar, it's 5-0 with just over 9 minutes to go in the game. There was no chance in hell they were going to come back from that, not against that team and considering the way they were playing tonight. It's a testament to my will, and my stomach, that I managed to watch that debacle for THAT long.

If you say I gave up, then so be it. I'm not going to change your mind on that. But I'm not going to hide my disappointment over the team's effort tonight either. It was pathetic to say the least.

I'm sorry, but I say you gave up - period. It pisses me off to no end because you call out Steelers fans for basically the same thing!!!! :banging:

They suffered a major beatdown tonight and I'm betting my life that they are going to turn this into a positive and come out with both barrels on Tuesday night. Personally, I think they got a teenie bit co cky and by the time they tried to turn it around, it was too late and they wore their emotions on their sleeves.

You're one of my closest friends and everything I've said to you here tonight you will hear tomorrow morning when we go shopping, so be sure your ears get a good night's sleep - they're going to need it. :chuckle:

P.S. Be sure to bring some Tylenol with you - your head is probably going to be pounding after I get through with you. :mallet:

stlrtruck
06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
That was the worst performance from this team I've seen through the entire playoffs.

They definitely need to get their collective heads out of their collective arses for Tuesday night and not allow this red wings team and hossa, for that matter, to lift the cup on our home ice.

Time to regroup and come out and destroy these guys in the first period of game 6 and get baby new year removed from net before the end of the first.

tony hipchest
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
i felt the game was over at 3-0 but if there was any miracle gonna take place, i wanna witness it.

no team is going to overcome a defecit of 2+ goals in this series barring soething rare and amazing.

this isnt the flyers, caps, or canes we're facing.

i have a feeling game 6 will be the closest game yet and the penguins better have their big boy pants on.

the redwings WILL be more prepared than the penguins were tonight. i have last years final game flashing through my mind (hopefully with a different outcome this year).

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
j0SgBOREvb8

Thought this would be a good pick me up for those who are having a tough night.

The Penguins can do it. They have come in this series once. They can do it again.

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
i felt the game was over at 3-0 but if there was any miracle gonna take place, i wanna witness it.

no team is going to overcome a defecit of 2+ goals in this series barring soething rare and amazing.

this isnt the flyers, caps, or canes we're facing.

i have a feeling game 6 will be the closest game yet and the penguins better have their big boy pants on.

the redwings WILL be more prepared than the penguins were tonight. i have last years final game flashing through my mind (hopefully with a different outcome this year).

Hopefully. I don't want Judas carrying the cup on Mellon Arena Ice.

I think the Penguins will use this as a reason to get up and beat the Wings in Game 6.

X-Terminator
06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry, but I say you gave up - period. It pisses me off to no end because you call out Steelers fans for basically the same thing!!!! :banging:

They suffered a major beatdown tonight and I'm betting my life that they are going to turn this into a positive and come out with both barrels on Tuesday night. Personally, I think they got a teenie bit co cky and by the time they tried to turn it around, it was too late and they wore their emotions on their sleeves.

You're one of my closest friends and everything I've said to you here tonight you will hear tomorrow morning when we go shopping, so be sure your ears get a good night's sleep - they're going to need it. :chuckle:

P.S. Be sure to bring some Tylenol with you - your head is probably going to be pounding after I get through with you. :mallet:

That's fine, I'll be prepared for it. But you know I am an "effort" guy. Always have been, always will be. That is the one thing that would make me turn the game off before it's over - if I see no effort or little effort, I can't watch. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter if it's the Pens, Steelers or Pirates. I can't apologize for that - it's just the way I am.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Glad I had to be at work for this one, what an embarrassment. Glad I have my Red Stag at the ready to dry my tears!

Fire Haley
06-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Did we lose?

I turned it off after 0-2.

A horrendous game by everyone on the Pens. They all stunk.

KeiselPower99
06-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I agree with Barry Melrose...Its better to lose 5-0 and stink up the joint then 1-0 and play your heart out. We have 2 days to get our heads back where they need to go.

Edman
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, they lost pretty bad. Took idiotic penalties all night and basically handed Detroit the game.

Winning the Cup will be the only redemption now. But the Penguins will have to win in Pittsburgh on Monday, then steal it in Detroit in Game 7. Seeing as how they've completely lost it last night. I'm skeptical they can do it. Just a piss poor effort all around. How could a team be so ill-prepared and lose like this after slapping around this very same team for the previous games? I'm nowhere near as livid as last night, but I'm still mighty disappointed this morning.

One more loss, and that's it. Lets see how the Pens respond.

SteelCityMan786
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, they lost pretty bad. Took idiotic penalties all night and basically handed Detroit the game.

Winning the Cup will be the only redemption now. But the Penguins will have to win in Pittsburgh on Monday, then steal it in Detroit in Game 7. Seeing as how they've completely lost it last night. I'm skeptical they can do it. Just a piss poor effort all around. How could a team be so ill-prepared and lose like this after slapping around this very same team for the previous games? I'm nowhere near as livid as last night, but I'm still mighty disappointed this morning.

One more loss, and that's it. Lets see how the Pens respond.

Yeah well some of those penalties I'm skeptical of.

But at the end, no blaming the refs. If you don't respond, odds are pretty good you don't deserve to win the game. Gonna have to be men about it, and move on. 2 days to fix the mess. Bylsma will certainly have this team ready. It's just a matter of how.

Sometimes you just need that 5-0 loss to remind you to pick things up and play better. I think this team will use it as a reason to get back up on the horse and win game 6.

SteelMember
06-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Nothing is over...NOTHING!

http://subwaychatter.com/blog/images/rambo1.jpg

Let's Go Pen's! :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Nothing is over...NOTHING!

http://subwaychatter.com/blog/images/rambo1.jpg

Let's Go Pen's! :tt03:

Amen to that. LETS GO PENS! LETS GO PENS! LETS GO PENS!

The_WARDen
06-08-2009, 08:19 AM
That's fine, I'll be prepared for it. But you know I am an "effort" guy. Always have been, always will be. That is the one thing that would make me turn the game off before it's over - if I see no effort or little effort, I can't watch. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter if it's the Pens, Steelers or Pirates. I can't apologize for that - it's just the way I am.

I hear ya! If they don't wanna participate, then why am I wasting my time?

:banging:

Steel Head
06-08-2009, 09:10 AM
not sure if anyone saw this during the game but here is the biggest cheapshot of the game: Draper butt-ending Jordan Staal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN3QYh-4nk0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Eph p%3Ft%3D648812&feature=player_embedded)

and of course, the refs missed it :doh: That should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. The way they only called penalties on the Pens was major BS

stlrtruck
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
As a fan I'M IN IT TO WIN IT!

I can only hope the team follow's the same mentality.

Edman
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
The day of reckoning is here after a day of stewing over the disaster of Game 5. It's do or die for the Penguins.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
The day of reckoning is here after a day of stewing over the disaster of Game 5. It's do or die for the Penguins.

Game 6 is tomorrow.

PisnNapalm
06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm sorry guys.... Was in Pittsburgh over the weekend and ....

well....

I watched game 5.

I thought maybe if I started watching from the beginning then my bad mojo wouldn't affect the game. :(

I promise I won't watch game 6.

If we somehow win the Stanely Cup am I allowed to celebrate? Or would I jinx that too?

Edman
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Game 6 is tomorrow.

Thanks. Lost track of schedule.

But still, it will be do or die for the Pens.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks. Lost track of schedule.

But still, it will be do or die for the Pens.

No Problem. They have had their backs against the Wall Once. Who says that they can't overcome tomorrow?

Preacher
06-08-2009, 04:41 PM

well....

I watched game 5.

I thought maybe if I started watching from the beginning then my bad mojo wouldn't affect the game. :(

If we somehow win the Stanely Cup am I allowed to celebrate? Or would I jinx that too?

There's a name I haven't seen in a while. How are ya?

stlrtruck
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM

well....

I watched game 5.

Let's start with game 6 and we'll discuss celebratory options later. :rofl:

HometownGal
06-08-2009, 06:39 PM
not sure if anyone saw this during the game but here is the biggest cheapshot of the game: Draper butt-ending Jordan Staal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN3QYh-4nk0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Eph p%3Ft%3D648812&feature=player_embedded)

and of course, the refs missed it :doh: That should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. The way they only called penalties on the Pens was major BS

The Wings aren't the angelic bunch their fans (and at times, the refs) think they are, BUT - Game 5 is over and done with and we need to put it behind us, move ahead and get behind this team that we all know is more than capable of winning the next 2 games and bringing Lord Stanley back to Pittsburgh. :drink:

Somehow, I don't think we'll be seeing a debacle like Game #5 again out of our Pens. They are going to want redemption and I expect them to come out flying tomorrow night as they did in Games #3 and #4. :tt03:

LETS GO PENS!!

Dodt
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
no can lose.

OneForTheToe
06-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Yes, Pens have to put game 5 behind them and concentrate on what it felt like last year when the Wings hoisted the Cup in Pittsburgh. That should be all the mojo the guys need to take this game and push it to a games seven.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 06:12 AM
I totally expect for the boyz to rebound nicely, and have a great game. They will knot this thing up at 3-3, and then break Detroit's hearts on their own ice.

SteelMember
06-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Penguins Notebook: Bylsma still mulling Sykora's return to lineup
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
It is, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, a move that he has discussed with his staff regularly for more than a month.

Never once has he seen fit to make it.

But whether he will get right winger Petr Sykora back into the lineup when the Detroit Red Wings visit Mellon Arena tonight for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final -- with the Penguins down, 3-2, in the series and just one defeat removed from the offseason -- apparently has yet to be decided.

"I've considered it every game from the time he hasn't played until now," Bylsma said yesterday. "We've certainly talked about different scenarios in the coaches' room and talked about what our team needs and what would help us win this game, and we're still talking about it."

Sykora could add a dimension to the Penguins' offense; he finished 2008-09 with 25 goals, 10 of them winners.

But despite a history of producing in pressure situations -- remember, it was his goal in the third overtime of Game 5 against the Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena a year ago that kept the Penguins' season alive -- Sykora produced only one point, an assist, in six appearances in these playoffs. He hasn't played since May 4.

His playoff performance came in the wake of a miserable stretch drive, when he scored twice in his final 17 regular-season games.

Too many penalties
Detroit's power play, 1 for 10 through the first four games of the series, scored on three consecutive chances in the second period of the Red Wings' 5-0 victory in Game 5.

Part of the problem, left winger Matt Cooke said, was that the Penguins put themselves in a position where they were short-handed far too often.

"We started to take chances, started to lose our cool, and our penalty-killers had to kill four in a row," he said. "They are a great power play, and you are going to get tired, being out there that many times."

Penalty-killer Jordan Staal praised the Red Wings because "they did a great job of moving the puck around quick," but added that he did not believe the Penguins "had enough pressure on them to make them make mistakes."

Defenseman Hal Gill, meanwhile, suggested that the Penguins simply had the misfortune to catch the Red Wings on a night when they were particularly efficient.

"Sometimes when you're aggressive and killing a lot of penalties, you go at them hard and it doesn't work out," he said. "That's the problem with being aggressive sometimes. They're good players, and they made plays.

"It doesn't always work out, but I'd much rather do that than let them take it to us."

Slashes defended
Sidney Crosby and Max Talbot were guilty of two highly publicized whacks in the second period of Game 5 -- Crosby slashed Henrik Zetterberg on the outside of the right knee, while Talbot got Pavel Datsyuk on the foot 20 seconds later -- but both insisted yesterday that their infractions were nothing out of the ordinary.

"I don't have any regrets," Crosby said. "He cross-checked me earlier on by the net. But it's not about getting back at guys at this point. We've got to play hockey here and worry about winning a game."

Talbot said he was simply looking to make contact with the puck when he slashed Datsyuk while killing the penalty Crosby had received. Datsyuk had missed the previous seven games because of a foot injury.

"I tried for the puck," Talbot said. "The puck was there."

Tip-ins
The gates at Mellon Arena will open at 6:15 tonight. ... Regardless of the outcome of Game 6 (or, if necessary, Game 7), the Penguins will lead these playoffs in road victories. They have six; Detroit and Carolina are tied for second place with four. ... Center Evgeni Malkin has gotten 16 of his playoff-leading 35 points on power plays.

If Sykora gets the start, who do you see sitting...Satan...Dupuis?

Whomever gets the call, I hope they come to play.

:tt03: Let's Go Pen's! :tt03:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09160/976009-61.stm

stlrtruck
06-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I need, YES NEED, the guys to pull it out tonight.

I've got a few wings fans at work who insist that their bunch of guys (as HTG put it) are angelic!

Well it's time to let them feel a little pain and put osgood out of the net!

trauben
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
We were due for a bad game. Overdue actually, especially after sweeping the Caines. I'd rather it came when the Cup wasn't actually "on the line" in a "do or die" sudden death game.

Think of it like this: When the Steelers are playing in a regular season game and we have a really really bad day. Say Ben throws 2 interceptions for 2 TDs, is getting his rear sacked liked crazy while our D is off rhythm and missing tackles left and right while the other team is scoring. I know when we've had those kinds of games I've said, "At least it's regular season and not the playoffs." I've also said that I'd rather them get the bad games out of the way when it didn't cost us the ultimate goal, and that it kept us humble and grounded in playing the fundamentals of the game itself.

Well, that is how I have been viewing Game Five. It was not quite the "do or die" game. Tonight is that game.

So, if we were going to have a melt down? I'd have preferred it came without costing us the actual Cup.

Now that we've been through it? We're still overdue for that great game! Tonight is a new night and I believe the Pens are looking at it in that same manner.

All game five was, was a wake up call. We got our stupid anger and temper tantrums out of the way on the ice, saw what it cost us, dealt with the bad calling again and saw just how far the pendulum can swing. Now it's back to the fundamentals of the game. Our heads aren't as swelled as they were after Game 4's 4-2 win and scoring like we had in the 2nd period.

I pitty the Wings tonight. They're not going to know what hit them. The Motown "FOOLS" will lose their cool!

LET'S GO PENS!

LET'S GO PENS!

:tt02:LET'S GO PENS!:tt02:

KeiselPower99
06-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Why has Sykora been out of the lineup?

SteelMember
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Why has Sykora been out of the lineup?

No Points.

They moved Talbot up to Malkin's line. His energy has done good things there.

If Sykora plays, it would probably be with the 3rd or 4th line. :noidea:

Steel Head
06-09-2009, 10:09 AM
No way in hell are they going to play Sykora

SteelMember
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
No way in hell are they going to play Sykora

:evil: Ya never know.

Dupuis ZERO points in 14 games with a -4 isn't guaranteed anything.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
:evil: Ya never know.

Dupuis ZERO points in 14 games with a -4 isn't guaranteed anything.

I'd love to see Sykora in the lineup tonight which means they probably would sit Dupuis, as Satan has played well in this series.

Tonight's game can't come soon enough for me!

LETS GO PENS! :tt03:

SteelCurtain
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I was wondering why Sykora hasn't been in the lineup. I think they should sit Dupuis and put him in. He's well rested and he did have a decent regular season, but just hit a slump... I'm not worried about the Pens. They have shown that they can beat Detroilet two games in a row and that is all they have to do now. If they don't win it this year, their time will come.

Steel Head
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I was wondering why Sykora hasn't been in the lineup. I think they should sit Dupuis and put him in. He's well rested and he did have a decent regular season, but just hit a slump... I'm not worried about the Pens. They have shown that they can beat Detroilet two games in a row and that is all they have to do now. If they don't win it this year, their time will come.

You all must have a very very short memory. Sykora was playing horrible and was a huge liability on the ice.

If they did bring him back (which i doubt), he has to play on the 2nd line

no need to discuss really, he ain't playing

X-Terminator
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Penguins Notebook: Bylsma still mulling Sykora's return to lineup

Slashes defended
Sidney Crosby and Max Talbot were guilty of two highly publicized whacks in the second period of Game 5 -- Crosby slashed Henrik Zetterberg on the outside of the right knee, while Talbot got Pavel Datsyuk on the foot 20 seconds later -- but both insisted yesterday that their infractions were nothing out of the ordinary.

"I don't have any regrets," Crosby said. "He cross-checked me earlier on by the net. But it's not about getting back at guys at this point. We've got to play hockey here and worry about winning a game."

Talbot said he was simply looking to make contact with the puck when he slashed Datsyuk while killing the penalty Crosby had received. Datsyuk had missed the previous seven games because of a foot injury.

"I tried for the puck," Talbot said. "The puck was there."

If Sykora gets the start, who do you see sitting...Satan...Dupuis?

Whomever gets the call, I hope they come to play.

:tt03: Let's Go Pen's! :tt03:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09160/976009-61.stm

Those slashes were highly publicized? I hadn't heard anything in the media about them...oh yeah, I'm on a self-imposed media boycott, at least from outside the Pittsburgh area. They were dirty cheap shots, IMO, and Max's answer was pretty smug. At least Sid manned up about his slash.

As for Sykora, I don't see him playing. One thing Dupuis does bring is speed, and plenty of it, even if he doesn't have much of a scoring touch. Sykora simply does not have the speed to play in Bylsma's system, and isn't much of a defensive player either. I don't think the lineup changes tonight.

SteelMember
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
If Sykora plays, or dosen't play, one person will probably not be the answer. Spark maybe, but not the answer. Anyway, I'm just posting information that is out there from legitimate sources. The decision is obviously Bylsma's, not anyone elses. :flap:

Sykora a possible addition to Pens lineup in Game 6
"Game-time decision," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said after the morning skate.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=425137

Let's Go Pen's!

KeiselPower99
06-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Here we go Penguins Here we go!!!! Damn 8 is along ways off.

Fire Haley
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
This has got to be longest 2 days off - ever.

Do or die, backs against the wall, show up or go home.

If Bettman has any say, there should be hockey on Friday.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm so anxious I can't even stand it!

OneForTheToe
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm already planning the menu for Friday's game, so I'm not sweating it. I even decided we are serving "chicken parts" on Wednesday's usual menu, instead of the specific part name we usually use.

Can no lose.

Fire Haley
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
25 years ago today - Penguins selected #1 in the draft, Mario Lemieux.

It's a sign.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 06:24 PM
25 years ago today - Penguins selected #1 in the draft, Mario Lemieux.

It's a sign.

:hatsoff::applaudit::drink:

pittsburghp8baller
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
my cable is already out, hoping the power doesnt go. i can find somewhere online to watch the game

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm already planning the menu for Friday's game, so I'm not sweating it. I even decided we are serving "chicken parts" on Wednesday's usual menu, instead of the specific part name we usually use.

Can no lose.

Think I'll fix a traditional Texas meal Friday. Bar B Q brisket, stuffed jalapeņos, and Lone Star Beer. Got pot roast in for tonight.

Fire Haley
06-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Who can cook? Live for today.

This is a pizza and beer night.

Lots of beer

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Who can cook? Live for today.

This is a pizza and beer night.

Lots of beer

Got to do somethin while I'm waiting for the game. 30 minutes and counting.

GO PENS

X-Terminator
06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
According to Mike Lange on the pregame show, Petr Sykora will in fact be in the lineup tonight.

pittsburghp8baller
06-09-2009, 08:01 PM
gotta switch modes, been watching the MLB draft

LETS GO PENS!!!!

Edman
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm so nervous right now.

This is it. If we lose, it's all over man. Doomed history to repeat and all that. All over. I don't want to watch the Wings celebrate in Mellon for the second year in a row. I'm not going to watch them do it again.

It's do or die for the Penguins. They've been in this spot before a year ago. Must NO LOSE! MUST WINE SOME GAMES!!!!!

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
And here we go!!! :banana:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I had no fear of this game at all. The boyz have alread shown they can out play the Wings. 3-3 in just a little while.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Holy Mother of God - the refs called a penalty on the Wings. :jawdrop:

Let's get one here guys! :hope:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Put on the pressure guys.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
i cant believe the 2 stooges are still whining about a penalty call going in the pens favor.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Did you see the elbow to the face Sid took from Franzen? :mad:

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 08:29 PM
9-2 So far in favor of Pittsburgh on SOG.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Did you see the elbow to the face Sid took from Franzen? :mad:

Yeah, but I commend Sid for just playing on.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes I did.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Pens completely outplaying the Wings thus far in the 1st but the Wings are giving nothing up in the middle.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Pens on another PP. :hope: :hope: :hope:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
That was to easy to see. PP

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
off topic but is the wings coach the little brother of the chicago bulls (champ era) will perdue or gomer pyle?

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
We have got to get more SOG than that on a PP

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:44 PM
GREAT SAVE by Fleury!!! :thumbsup:

Mutt and Jeff sounded disappointed. :upyours:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
GREAT SAVE by Fleury!!! :thumbsup:

Mutt and Jeff sounded disappointed. :upyours:

They were disappointed, and are not even trying to hide it anymore.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
SOG:

Pens 12
Wings 3

Edman
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
SOG:

Pens 12
Wings 3

One of them is going to go in eventually. Keep hammering Osdouche.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
SOG:

Pens 12
Wings 3

They did out skate the Wings in that period.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
osgood is gonna need a skin graft the way they are suckin his ball sack during intermission.

definitely gotta switch to the nba.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Keep hammering Osgood, and you'll score.

pittsburghp8baller
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
we are looking good so far, keep playing like this we are gonna end up putting a couple by Ozzy.

KeiselPower99
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodt
06-09-2009, 09:08 PM
yesss.

HometownGal
GOAL BY JORDAN STAAL!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Go get 'em boyz!

pittsburghp8baller
He SCORESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take back every diss i had against Staal during the season, he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team (Letang is still #1)

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:10 PM
OK, keep the pressure on. Crush these sucker.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Nice fake by Osgood that something is wrong with his mask. :jerkit:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice fake by Osgood that something is wrong with his mask. :jerkit:

Can't blame him. they were visibly shaken.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Great discipline thus far by the Pens. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the puck Marian, you douchebag.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:15 PM
What a beauty of a shot by Tank - unfortunately Osgood stopped it. Keep firing those pucks!

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Kunitz is really throwing the body around again tonight! :drink: Keep smashing 'em!

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Whatsa matta Pavel? Your head at the other end of the ice? :laughing:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Its getting rough out there. Wings still look shaken to me.

Edman
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
If the Wings want this cup, they're going to have to earn it.

Still plenty of time left to play. The Penguins can't let up for even a second.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Can some body stick a sock in that morons mouth.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Good game. Be nice to see Pittsburgh have two championships again... but I am more rooting AGAINST the redwings.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:22 PM
If I hear those 2 nutsacks mention Game #5 one more time, I'm going to put my shoe through the TV. :mad: GAME 5 IS OVER.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
If I hear those 2 nutsacks mention Game #5 one more time, I'm going to put my shoe through the TV. :mad: GAME 5 IS OVER.

They have to talk about game 5, they don't like game 6 so far.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM

:rofl:

You seem to get more upset in the hockey threads than the football threads.... Is that because you don't have to be as "moderating" in these threads?

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Pens are totally dominating this game. Keep firing those pucks and smashing those Wings.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Good Period so far. 1 more goal will be pretty good for the Penguins right now. But at least keep the lead.

HometownGal
:rofl:

You seem to get more upset in the hockey threads than the football threads.... Is that because you don't have to be as "moderating" in these threads?

For the thousandth time - I'm a regular member just like you and everyone else before I'm a Mod. :doh:

tony hipchest
pens better hurry up and score and make this 2-0.

redwings are putting alot of shots on net now, and i dont think fleury can pitch a shut out.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
The bad thing about a 1 goal lead is that a luck shot ties it up. Get that second score guys.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 09:29 PM
For the thousandth time - I'm a regular member just like you and everyone else before I'm a Mod. :doh:

No No HTG... you miss-read what I asked....

nevermind.

Detroit is is starting to turn it on...

Preacher
06-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know if it is just that I haven't watched hockey much in the last few years, but It seems like the teams are defensively falling back around the net too much. I wonder if it is more the change in the size of the rink than anything else. . .

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
geeze, the pens are shoving slop shots up on net and theyre making it sound like osgood is making the save of the series. :rolleyes:

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 09:37 PM
geeze, the pens are shoving slop shots up on net and theyre making it sound like osgood is making the save of the series. :rolleyes:

I think one of them are carrying Osgoods love child.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Billy Guerin is EVERYWHERE on that ice tonight! I love that guy.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Holy shit - Zetterberg's shot hit the post. :horror: Thank God.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow.

Pipes are a goalies best firend.

TING. . . always loved to hear that sound as a defensemen.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 09:40 PM
*CLANK*

fleurys luck is gonna run out.

pens have been really sloppy with the puck and detroit looks really crisp in this 2nd.

they better make something happen. time to start firing up some lazers and hope for a nice rebound score or something.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Wow the Pens turned it on in the last minute.

Edman
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
BIG break for Fleury and the Defense.

Edman
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
It's the LAST gasp. The Pens still hold a one-goal advantage after two. The Pens have outplayed the Wings, but still hold a one-goal lead. We can't keep these bastards alive.

We're in for some fireworks in this third period. It's crunch time.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow.

Pipes are a goalies best firend.

TING. . . always loved to hear that sound as a defensemen.

Sometimes. Just as long the goalie makes the save or it goes away from the net, it can be said best friend.

Preacher
If they win this series, will one of you take a picture of the "City of Champions" board outside the airport and send it to me?

HometownGal
It's the LAST gasp. The Pens still hold a one-goal advantage after two. The Pens have outplayed the Wings, but still hold a one-goal lead. We can't keep these bastards alive.

We're in for some fireworks in this third period. It's crunch time.

Absolutely. Pens are going to have to stand tall defensively and keep the puck away from their gunners and keep shooting that puck at Osgood. The crowd also has to get behind them a little more, imho.

LETS GO PENS!!! :hope:

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 09:59 PM

We're in for some fireworks in this third period. It's crunch time.i said this would be the clocest game yet but im not liking it, only because a 2 goal lead has sealed the deal in this series. *biting nails*

i want it over NOW and on to game 7

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Here we go, 3rd period. Pour it on boyz.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
AND NO OVERTIME! (i wanna watch some basketball too)

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Wings are going to try to instigate the Pens into taking penalties. Keep your composure guys.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
AND NO OVERTIME! (i wanna watch some basketball too)

Basketball?

oF all the threads we have debated in. . . you finally find a way for me to lose respect for you!

:rofl: :wink02:

Edman
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Dead Things trying to make the Pens throw away the game to them again. Oh boy...

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
DANG I am still not used to those two line passes being legal. Sure changes the game

Dodt
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
gooal.

HometownGal
TK SCORRRRRESSSS!!!!! :banana:

Edman
KENNEDY I LOVE YOU!

Preacher
She wasn't pretty, but it is exactly what was needed... Good hard working goal!!!

pittsburghp8baller
HELL YA!!! TK!!!!

Texasteel
That the one I've been waiting for.

Yeeesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
what a miracle flip by kennedy. both scores tonight were great examples of staying with the puck and initial shot.

i breathe a little easier as the noose tightens aroung the redwings necks.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Look at that. . .

Pittsburgh is sending 2 guys in the attacking zone still... Nice and aggressive. I love that.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Stay cool guys, do not want to give up a PP right now.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Dammmmit

Dodt
fark.

HometownGal
DAMN IT. :mad: :mad:

TK's goal is even bigger now.

Preacher
this game ain't over yet.

Pittsburghfan
06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
this game ain't over yet.

Just about to say that Preach. Fleury almost messes it up again with his constant playing the puck. Just saying.

Edman
Still not over yet.

The Pens still have to fight.

Preacher
OK Crosby and Malkin... Now its time to step up and put up a goal. NOW.

tony hipchest
SHIT!

how dare they show that fuknut polishing stanleys cup?!?!?!

instant JINX!

stupid NBC bastards.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Here's the even up. Jesus Christ - I've seen far worse crosschecks not called in this game.

Pittsburghfan
06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Giving the wings a power play is like playing with fire. A big kill is key here.

tony hipchest
:banging:

Preacher
Bad call...

Barely touched the guy.

Actually, it was a worse elbow on Detroit there.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Kill it guys, kill it.

HometownGal
Thank God for Scuds.

Preacher
Smart D.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
thats twice already that fleury has lost complete sight of the puck.

Pittsburghfan
06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Great block by Orpik.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Pens have started killing this pretty ood after that clse call

HometownGal
GREAT job on the kill guyz!

Pittsburghfan
Orpik is playing phenomenal right now!
Dangit!! could be a double minor, I couldn't tell if any blood was there

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Detroit CLEARLY Checked from behind after the puck was cleared.... that SHOULD HAVE been a penalty if the crosscheck is a penalty/.

I don't like th.s

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not saying a word here. :mad:

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I DEFINITELy wanna see the replay on that first.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Maybe I missed something - even on the replay, but I didn't see Guerin's stick hit him.

Pittsburghfan
06-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Maybe I missed something - even on the replay, but I didn't see Guerin's stick hit him.

I didn't see anything either HTG. 5 min to go!

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
AWESOME PK!!! Sid almost got his goal there. Gotta hold strong in these last 5+ minutes.

Preacher
WOW....

I need a cigarette.

:chuckle:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
I'm about ready to have a nervous breakdown.....

SteelCityMan786
Got to keep firing away at these guys.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm starting to understand this game. guys in black gets close to someone its a penalty. guys in red know the living hell out of the goalie no penalty.

NEPAsteeler
06-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Just got home from work, turned on the game, and heard Renegade being played in the Arena. That made me happy. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
WOW....

I need a cigarette.

:chuckle:

:laughing: how bout i fire up a shitstick for ya!

Edman
HOLD PENGUINS! HOLD!!!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
I'm starting to understand this game. guys in black gets close to someone its a penalty. guys in red know the living hell out of the goalie no penalty.

I'd call that fair and unbalanced. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
great steal malkin. atleast it burns a few seconds...

Preacher
COME ON MALKIN....

You DONT make a move on the blue line.... :doh:

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Under 3.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Under 2.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow.

Under 2 minutes left.

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
1.40 to game 7

Pittsburghfan
Great, clutch save by Fleury!!!

Preacher
WOW Fluery.

pittsburghp8baller
HUGE save from Fleury

Dodt
nice catch.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:34 PM
fleury with the save of the series!

what a crappy time to get so sloppy.

SteelCityMan786
That was one of the best Fleury saves...EVER!!!

Preacher
Come on D. If you get the puck on the stick, MAKE THE PASS or MAKE THE DUMP...

Don't turn it over in the neutral zone.

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Empty net...

ONE BREAKOUT AND ITS OVER!!

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Save of the night by Fleury.

Baby New Year out of the net.

Under 1 to go.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:36 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:37 PM
OMGOODNESS....

Is that a penalty shot

NEPAsteeler
Wtf...

Pittsburghfan
Geez, could the refs wait any longer to blow the whistle! Scuderi just potentially saved our season!

Dodt
please no goal.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:38 PM
thank you skuderi :cheers:

Texasteel
Some one buy Scuderi a drink.

Preacher
That puck kept moving.... WOW. I thought for sure that was going to turn into a penalty shot.

GAME 7 YES!

Pittsburghfan
I'll meet ya in the school yard baby, FOR ALL THE MARBLES!! Friday night in Detroit!!!

Edman
No empty netter but...

TO GAME SEVEN!!!!

NEPAsteeler
Game 7, here we come!!!

LET'S GO PENS! :tt03: :tt02: :tt03::tt02:

Dodt
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
going back to the motorcity.

HometownGal
PENS WIN!!!!!! What a great performance by our Pens to hold 'em off! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Scuderi is the game's hero!

pittsburghp8baller
HOLY CRAP!!! What a end to a game, after getting pulled from game 5, Fleury came back as a brick wall.

Preacher
Geez, could the refs wait any longer to blow the whistle! Scuderi just potentially saved our season!

Hate to say it.. but the refs were dead on right there. As long as that puck can be seen, and or is still moving, there is no whistle.

Pittsburghfan
06-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Hate to say it.. but the refs were dead on right there. As long as that puck can be seen, and or is still moving, there is no whistle.

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Fleury #1 star!

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I am so damned proud of this team and the way they took it to the Wings tonight. :drink:

Preacher
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok. When is the next game?

Texasteel
06-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I am so damned proud of this team and the way they took it to the Wings tonight. :drink:

I'm with you HTG. I have every confidence that they will take the cup in front of tear filled eyes in Detroit.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok. When is the next game?

Friday at 8.

BehindSteelCurtain
06-09-2009, 10:54 PM
LETS GO PENS!!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 10:56 PM
GREAT WIN! Keep the faith. 3-3. The Penguins can win this series if they play like they did tonight.

KeiselPower99
06-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Game 7 motto....Redemption.

HometownGal
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
The Penguins can win this series if they play like they did tonight.

Darned tootin' they can! :thumbsup::tt03:

Each and every one of them played a part in this win tonight. They were so strong on the PK and were hitting everything that moved out there!

As I said earlier - TK's goal was HUGE!! :applaudit::hatsoff:

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2009, 11:22 PM
As I said earlier - TK's goal was HUGE!! :applaudit::hatsoff:

AGREED! Now if this team can use the good they did tonight and just keep on getting better, this team could very well find themselves skating with the cup in Detroit.

Steel Head
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Woooooooohooooooo!!!!!!

Frigggin amazing game!!!!!!

Fleury and Scuderi are HEROS!!!!!!

1 more game, DO OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-09-2009, 11:58 PM
SCUDERI FOR PRESIDENT!

X-Terminator
06-10-2009, 12:49 AM
See? THAT'S the kind of effort I want to see from the Pens! They went out there, laid it all on the line, played their guts out and forced that Game 7. They played like a team that wants to win the Cup. Everyone played a role tonight, but special props to Staal's line, Rob Scuderi and Flower. Way to step up, boys!

One more win to immortality. If they play on Friday the way they played tonight, they will be skating around the Joe with Lord Stanley's Cup. I believe it will happen.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

OneForTheToe
06-10-2009, 02:07 AM
All I can say is, wow. The best game of the series. I'd really like the Pens to win Friday like they did against the Craps in game seven. Such a game would save me a cardiologist trip on Saturday. Realistically, I am think overtime goal by Max Talbot at the 2:37 mark of the second OT - pass me the nitroglycerin pills.

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley, bring me the brandy!

How much fried chicken can you eat?

Galax Steeler
06-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Good game guys just one more please.:thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-10-2009, 07:49 AM
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

The Penguins, on Friday night, will be skating around Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, hoisting the Cup of Lord Stanley.

trauben
06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
http://www.remedygolf.com/images/ballmarkers/large/smilie_large.jpg

Game Seven! Woo Hoo!

Way to go Pens!

Bring that Lord Stanley home to Pittsburgh where it belongs!

I love Scuderi!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Well it's the best of ONE! No more, "There's always tomorrow" or anything else. In two days you either skate likey our livliehood depends on it or you watch detroit skate around with your cup, again!

I believe that these boys can put it together and play not just like they did last night but BETTER!

LET'S GO PENS
LET'S GO PENS
LET'S GO PENS

The_WARDen
06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
It would be nice if Crosby showed up in game 7. Better late than never I say!

memphissteelergirl
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Awesome game by the Pens!

After Friday night, "Hockeytown" moves a little further east!

LET'S GO PENS!!! :applaudit:

trauben
06-10-2009, 10:55 AM
It would be nice if Crosby showed up in game 7. Better late than never I say!
Actually I love this! Jordan and Kennedy got them last night to add to the names scoring in this Final. We're mixing it up enough so that it's NOT our usual players. This only makes them worry about each and every player on that ice.

They're confused......"duh, do I watch Malkin, Crosby, Talbot, Staal, or........" :applaudit:

The_WARDen
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Actually I love this! Jordan and Kennedy got them last night to add to the names scoring in this Final. We're mixing it up enough so that it's NOT our usual players. This only makes them worry about each and every player on that ice.

They're confused......"duh, do I watch Malkin, Crosby, Talbot, Staal, or........" :applaudit:

True. I just want Crosby to have a monster game to shut all his naysayers the hell up.

X-Terminator
06-10-2009, 11:27 AM
True. I just want Crosby to have a monster game to shut all his naysayers the hell up.

Impossible. Crosby could pull a Mario and get a goal 5 different ways, then go into the press box and beat up the Wings' enforcer Aaron Downey, and they'll still whine and bitch and call him "Cindy." So you're just wasting your time.

trauben
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I think Friday night is that game.

Now that the Wings have lost games when it wasn't our usual "stars" shinning but rather our other players scoring? And add to that the fact that the Wings have never been in a "do or die" game with us before? They'll be a different team on Friday night playing against us. They're older, hurt, and tired, and now not only do they have to keep an eye on Evegni and Sid, but now they've got to keep an eye on all those other break-away players like Staal who scored twice when they were changing shifts! I think they'll be so busy watching everyone and trying to keep up with their younger legs that we'll see Sid have his break-away moments and come out big.

That's just how I'm seeing it. :tt02:

SteelMember
06-10-2009, 12:08 PM
1 Game, 1 Trophy.

Bring it home guys!

:tt03: Let's Go Pens! :tt03:

HometownGal
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
:laughing::tt03::toofunny:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/PensfortheWings.jpg

The_WARDen
06-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Here's the strategy for game 7:

1. Throw the kitchen sink at Osgood.
2. In the event that #1 fails, throw the bathroom sink at Osgood.
3. In the event that doesn't work, throw the whole damn house at him!

GO PENS!!!!
:tt03:

The_WARDen
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Here's why the Pens will win game 7:

I DVR'd games 1, 2 and 5...all losses. Games 3 & 4, I did not and they won both. Last night I did not DVR it and they won again. My DVR will be disconnected for game 7!!!

So, don't pay attention to all that nonsense such as the home teams are 6-0 in the Finals...it's all about my DVR.

pittsburghp8baller
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Impossible. Crosby could pull a Mario and get a goal 5 different ways, then go into the press box and beat up the Wings' enforcer Aaron Downey, and they'll still whine and bitch and call him "Cindy." So you're just wasting your time.

Sad, but ture.

Sid can break every record in the record books, but all that fans outside of Pittsburgh will remember is what he did as a 18-year-old kid

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
SYKORA ON CRUTCHES, WILL LIKELY MISS GAME 7

It appears the Pittsburgh Penguins will play Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final without forward Petr Sykora.

Sykora was seen gingerly leaving Mellon Arena on Wednesday on crutches, sporting a brace on his right foot and ankle.

Sykora confirmed to TSN the injury occurred in the second period after he blocked a shot.

When asked if there is any chance he'll be available for Game 7, Sykora chuckled and said, "I don't think so."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281457

Unleash the Zigomantis!

stlrtruck
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Here's why the Pens will win game 7:

I DVR'd games 1, 2 and 5...all losses. Games 3 & 4, I did not and they won both. Last night I did not DVR it and they won again. My DVR will be disconnected for game 7!!!

So, don't pay attention to all that nonsense such as the home teams are 6-0 in the Finals...it's all about my DVR.

Well Good. It seems that every time I've put up the trivia question of the day at work (games 3 & 4 & 6) they won. So I'll be sure to put up the question of the day on Friday.

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
They leaked the pics of the locker room hats for the winner.

Take your pick.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9072/p6115499dt.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6088/p6115498dt.jpg

trauben
06-10-2009, 03:11 PM
OH BOY ....

The jinx is fixed!!!!

Just check out what NHL.com is selling already.............

http://www.thepensblog.bloguin.com/images/stories/2009_playoffs/random_posts/june/wingsshirts/4.jpg

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
And to think, next week there could be a load of kids in Africa wearing that very gear.

http://shop.nhl.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3634024

Somewhere out there, there's a "New England Patriots 19-0!" Championship T-shirt that I'd love to get my hands on.

trauben
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
And to think, next week there could be a load of kids in Africa wearing that very gear.

Somewhere out there, there's a "New England Patriots 19-0!" Championship T-shirt that I'd love to get my hands on.

And check out what they're selling for us ... CHUMP SHIT! Shirts with a Stanley Cup on it for the run, but not a Stanley Cup Championship Shirt. The only shirt they have is for Eastern Conference Champs.

If any Detroit fans whine and cry after we kick their collective asses in the Joe Lewis Friday night that "WE'RE" the NHL darlings? I'm shoving this link in their face!

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3561548&ab=OAS_PIT:ConfFinalsPIT

Like hell we are and this proves it! :mad:

KeiselPower99
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
They leaked the pics of the locker room hats for the winner.

Take your pick.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9072/p6115499dt.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6088/p6115498dt.jpg

When we win Ill be getting one of them. Very nice. Add me to the supersitious group.Game 4 I wear my new Staal jersey he scores we win. Game 5 I dont we lose. I wore it last night and bam he scores we win. Guess what Im wearing Friday???

Dino 6 Rings
06-10-2009, 04:01 PM

HA HA HA HA HA

Nothing like a Jinx...didn't Buffalo paint the Cups on their Ice early one year only to lose that round? Yeah, they did.

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Where did you find the hats at?

HometownGal
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't want to see hats, t-shirts - anything that prematurely symbolizes either team winning the Cup. There's still a game to be played on Friday night and I'm a firm believer in karma.

I believe the Pens will win for one reason and one reason only - this season, the Cup is their destiny. :applaudit::thumbsup:

WUCK THE FINGS!

HometownGal
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
----oops - duplicate post. Sorry.

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't want to see hats, t-shirts - anything that prematurely symbolizes either team winning the Cup. There's still a game to be played on Friday night and I'm a firm believer in karma.

I believe the Pens will win for one reason and one reason only - this season, the Cup is their destiny. :applaudit::thumbsup:

WUCK THE FINGS!

Yeah well, the Wings have a full page of Stanley Cup Champions Merchandise. Karma can bite, and hard.