PDA

View Full Version : Pens VS Red wings part deux

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

HometownGal
06-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah well, the Wings have a full page of Stanley Cup Champions Merchandise. Karma can bite, and hard.

I agree. But for now, I'm not looking at Stanley Cup Champs merch from either team. Karma can bite both ways.

Is it Friday yet? :willy:

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I agree. But for now, I'm not looking at Stanley Cup Champs merch from either team. Karma can bite both ways.

Is it Friday yet? :willy:

Nope, I'd rather worry about the Penguins winning the cup inspired by Lord Frederick Arthur Stanley(Yes I did research who the cup is named after.)

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
So with Sykora out now does that mean Satan will be back?

pittsburghp8baller
06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
So with Sykora out now does that mean Satan will be back?

either that or we go seven d-man again

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
The world is waiting for Sid to wear the superstar legacy hat.

Now would be the time.

HometownGal
06-10-2009, 06:38 PM
either that or we go seven d-man again

I'd like to go with the 7 D-men again. My guess is that Miro will be in the lineup Friday night.

NEPAsteeler
06-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Just check out what NHL.com is selling already.............

http://www.thepensblog.bloguin.com/images/stories/2009_playoffs/random_posts/june/wingsshirts/4.jpg

Karma is a B*tch...but as HTG said, Karma can bite both ways so I'll shush now.

Cheppy
06-10-2009, 06:57 PM
It's gross how not every game of the Stanley Freakin Cup Finals isn't nationally broadcast in North America.

Still, I have no allegiances to either team but I'm really looking forward to game 7. I just want to see a quality game.

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Where did you find the hats at?

Wings board

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59009

X-Terminator
06-11-2009, 02:56 AM
The league has since removed the link to that page after the Trib called them out on it. Too little, too late I say.

Anyway, given what I've been reading in our own media, the Pens may as well not even take the ice on Friday night, since everything is apparently so stacked against them. No team has won a Final Game 7 on the road since 1971 (Montreal over Chicago). That Habs team is also the last to win the Cup after losing the first 2 games on the road. The Wings are 11-1 at home this postseason and have won 5 of the 6 meetings against the Pens in the last 2 Finals by a combined score of 21-6. Crosby has just 1 point in those 6 games; Malkin 3. Fleury has a save percentage of .898 in those games. So given that, the Wings should treat the Pens like pylons on their way to their 2nd straight Cup, at least according to them.

As Mike Tomlin would say, I don't subscribe to that hocus-pocus.

What they fail to mention is that though this is the first time the Pens have ever played a Final Game 7, neither have the Wings. In fact, this will be the Wings' first Final Game 7 since 1955. Both teams do have several guys who have played in a Final Game 7 - The Pens' Coach Bylsma (2003 w/ ANA), Sykora (2001 w/ NJ and 2003 w/ ANA) and Fedotenko (2004 w/ TB). The Wings? Babc0ck (2003 w/ ANA as HC) and Rafalski (2001 and 2003 w/ NJ). Every other player on both teams don't have a clue as to what it's like. So experience really doesn't matter in this case. I certainly am not going into this game thinking the Pens have no chance - they absolutely do, and I really believe they are going to win, and shock the world in the process.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-11-2009, 05:00 AM
I found out I freaking have to work, FML!

At least I have my Stanley Cup Finals Beard to help us win the cup!

trauben
06-11-2009, 07:13 AM
The league has since removed the link to that page after the Trib called them out on it. Too little, too late I say.

Anyway, given what I've been reading in our own media, the Pens may as well not even take the ice on Friday night, since everything is apparently so stacked against them. No team has won a Final Game 7 on the road since 1971 (Montreal over Chicago). That Habs team is also the last to win the Cup after losing the first 2 games on the road. The Wings are 11-1 at home this postseason and have won 5 of the 6 meetings against the Pens in the last 2 Finals by a combined score of 21-6. Crosby has just 1 point in those 6 games; Malkin 3. Fleury has a save percentage of .898 in those games. So given that, the Wings should treat the Pens like pylons on their way to their 2nd straight Cup, at least according to them.

As Mike Tomlin would say, I don't subscribe to that hocus-pocus.

What they fail to mention is that though this is the first time the Pens have ever played a Final Game 7, neither have the Wings. In fact, this will be the Wings' first Final Game 7 since 1955. Both teams do have several guys who have played in a Final Game 7 - The Pens' Coach Bylsma (2003 w/ ANA), Sykora (2001 w/ NJ and 2003 w/ ANA) and Fedotenko (2004 w/ TB). The Wings? Babc0ck (2003 w/ ANA as HC) and Rafalski (2001 and 2003 w/ NJ). Every other player on both teams don't have a clue as to what it's like. So experience really doesn't matter in this case. I certainly am not going into this game thinking the Pens have no chance - they absolutely do, and I really believe they are going to win, and shock the world in the process.

:applaudit: I really really like this statement above Xman .......... so, because of my superstitious nature, and others like me on this board, would you be so kind as to change the title below your screen name from Mr. "Wrong" to Mr. "Right" for now? Just in case? :hope: I'd like you be right about this and not wrong. LOL!

trauben
06-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Introducing .............

"The Piece"

http://www.thepensblog.bloguin.com/images/stories/2009_playoffs/recaps/scf_6/thepiece-1.jpg

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

I'd change my avatar.......but at this time? I'm not messing with it. LOL

trauben
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
WAIT ....

This has got to go down as THE BEST HOCKEY SIGN EVER!!! :thumbsup:
http://www.motherpucker.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/refs1.jpg

http://sportsnationblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/hockey-game-referee-humorous-fan-holding-sign-biggest-idiot-ever.jpg

X-Terminator
06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
:applaudit: I really really like this statement above Xman .......... so, because of my superstitious nature, and others like me on this board, would you be so kind as to change the title below your screen name from Mr. "Wrong" to Mr. "Right" for now? Just in case? :hope: I'd like you be right about this and not wrong. LOL!

Nah, I like it too much - I put it there to send a message and I'm not going to change it. It doesn't change my opinion at all, though - we're lifting the Cup tomorrow night. Bank it! :tt03:

WAIT ....

This has got to go down as THE BEST HOCKEY SIGN EVER!!! :thumbsup:
http://www.motherpucker.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/refs1.jpg

Frickin' awesome! Someone should have that sign every time Bill McCreary does a game :laughing:

Speaking of the refs, I heard that Paul Devorski and Dennis LaRue will be the refs tomorrow night. Gah, Devorski sucks.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 12:29 PM
It's an omen.

The last time a team in the NHL, NBA, or Major League Baseball clinched a championship series by winning a Game 7 on the road - the Pirates won the 1979 World Series by beating the Orioles in a seventh game at Baltimore.

The_WARDen
06-11-2009, 01:30 PM
It's an omen.

The last time a team in the NHL, NBA, or Major League Baseball clinched a championship series by winning a Game 7 on the road - the Pirates won the 1979 World Series by beating the Orioles in a seventh game at Baltimore.

not to be a downer but relevancy your honor?

trauben
06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
not to be a downer but relevancy your honor?

If I'm not mistaken, the relevancy is this: That year we were the City of Champions with both the Steelers and Pirates claiming honors together in their respective sports.

The Steelers are already holding their claim to Super Bowl Champions. Now we just need the Pens to take the Pirate's place from 1979.

Yes, it IS an omen! :thumbsup:

Texasteel
06-11-2009, 02:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the relevancy is this: That year we were the City of Champions with both the Steelers and Pirates claiming honors together in their respective sports.

The Steelers are already holding their claim to Super Bowl Champions. Now we just need the Pens to take the Pirate's place from 1979.

Sounds better, and better, every time I hear it.

The tears will flow in Detroit come Friday night.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the relevancy is this: That year we were the City of Champions with both the Steelers and Pirates claiming honors together in their respective sports

I thought everybody knew.

Ya gotta believe.

I'd say more, but the hockey gods could be listening.

SteelMember
06-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought everybody knew.

Ya gotta believe.

I'd say more, but the hockey gods could be listening.

Hey, Mario wanted to know what all the whispering was about.

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20061219ao_mario_450.jpg

This maybe? :wink02: :chuckle:

http://sports.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0416/photo/s_lemieux_i.jpg

:tt03: Let's Go Pens! :tt03:

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm already jittery.

If this turns into one of those 3 OT 4-3 games I might not make it.

The_WARDen
06-11-2009, 03:01 PM

but but but...it's 2 different teams (Pirates/Penguins)...

Oh who cares if it makes any sense, GO PENS!:drink:

Steel Head
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Oh who cares if it makes any sense, GO PENS!:drink:

it's still relevant and makes sense

(to most people)

stlrtruck
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
MUST WINE, CAN NO LOSE ANY MORE GAMES!!!

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Great stuff on NHL LIve today.

Sykora running down the visitors tunnel to calm Fleury down after he was yanked in the Game 5 blowout in Detroit, saying "You will still win us this series if you forget about what happened tonight - I love you man"

Fleury laughed about it later.

Stay loose.

Pens went and beat the crap outta the Craps in Game 7 on the road.

Do it again.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 05:24 PM

Since you are so obsessed...the Steelers went to Detroit and won a Super Bowl on the road - now the Pens can stick it to Detroit once again.

I hath spoken.

HometownGal
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Can't go wrong with this phenomenal man sending positive vibes down from the sky: :tt03::hatsoff: :tombstone:

http://www.findagrave.com/photos/2006/191/14898201_115266868505.jpg

Texasteel
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Since you are so obsessed...the Steelers went to Detroit and won a Super Bowl on the road - now the Pens can stick it to Detroit once again.

I hath spoken.

Someone has to win a game on the road. Friday night will be the night.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Sid and Malkin are both overdue for a huge game.

I just remember that Game 7 blowout against the Caps.

Make it so.

SteelCityMan786
06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Speaking of the refs, I heard that Paul Devorski and Dennis LaRue will be the refs tomorrow night. Gah, Devorski sucks.

It appears Bill McCreary is reffing now instead of LaRue. Detroit fans hate him.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Git er done.

Is sacrificing amphibians OK, or does it have to be the beating hearts of virgins?

I get so confused.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 07:28 PM
CAN NO LOSE ANY MORE GAMES!!!

How bout this - this next game will be #87th game played in the playoffs.

It's a sign.

HometownGal
06-11-2009, 07:39 PM
It appears Bill McCreary is reffing now instead of LaRue. Detroit fans hate him.

That's about the only thing I have in common with Wings fans. :shake01:

Why couldn't we have Donut Don - it would have been fitting that he go out in a blaze of glory - the 7th game in the Stanley Cup finals. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
06-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Why couldn't we have Donut Don - it would have been fitting that he go out in a blaze of glory - the 7th game in the Stanley Cup finals. :thumbsup:

Yep, but at the end of the day no matter who is wearing the stripes, it is the ones who carry the sticks who determine who wins.

The Penguins I feel will be just fine and will win tomorrow as long as they play similar to their efforts in games 3, 4 and or 6.

X-Terminator
06-11-2009, 08:44 PM

This series has been tailor-made for Donut Don, no question about it. It's a shame he decided to retire before the end of the season.

So now we have Devorski AND McCreary refereeing the game. Ugh. Could the league possibly pick 2 worse referees for the biggest game of the season?

jjpro11
06-12-2009, 12:16 AM
i have mainly been posting on the Penguins board throughout the playoffs, but LETS GO PENS! i am nervous as hell.

Galax Steeler
06-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Tonight is the night LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_WARDen
06-12-2009, 07:53 AM
it's still relevant and makes sense

(to most people)

I have more "sensical" stats for ya then...

71 was the last time a HOCKEY team won a game 7 on the road.
This is the 87th game of the playoffs.

It's in the stars.

Anyway, nothing left to say except that I have a full bottle of Tums and...

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

:tt03::tt03:

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:13 AM
The Penguins I feel will be just fine and will win tomorrow as long as they play similar to their efforts in games 3, 4 and or 6.

AMEN! :drink:

Under 12 hours until game time! It's going to be a sea of red at The Joe - I'd love to see a couple of quick goals to silence the crowd.

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03:

stlrtruck
06-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Let's get this day over with and move into the night time.

Who the heck put a work day in the middle of my preparations for tonight?

LET'S GO PENS!
LET'S GO PENS!
LET'S GO PENS!

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:57 AM
not trying to jinx but i would love to see a repeat of game 7 vs the caps.

trauben
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM
To settle everyone's nerves a little ..... how about a preview of tonight?

http://onfrozenblog.com/2009/01/31/Red_Wing_Headache.jpg

Great stuff on NHL LIve today.

Sykora running down the visitors tunnel to calm Fleury down after he was yanked in the Game 5 blowout in Detroit, saying "You will still win us this series if you forget about what happened tonight - I love you man"
That'll make tonight's win even that much sweeter! Talk about a "TEAM"!!!

Here here! :drink:

Sid and Malkin are both overdue for a huge game.

I just remember that Game 7 blowout against the Caps.

Make it so.
not trying to jinx but i would love to see a repeat of game 7 vs the caps.
I was thinking the same thing! :applaudit:
71 was the last time a HOCKEY team won a game 7 on the road.
This is the 87th game of the playoffs
87 and 71? It's like I was saying ............. I think one or both will have a break out night tonight. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

LET'S GO PENS!
LET'S GO PENS!
LET'S GO PENS!

trauben
06-12-2009, 12:07 PM
March of the Penguins!

trauben
06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.thepensblog.bloguin.com/images/stories/2009_playoffs/random_posts/june/612/-1.jpg
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

RunWillieRun
06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I am not getting a thing done at work today.

I am anxious.

But most of all,

I am proud.

I am proud to be a fan of these Pittsburgh Penguins.

This team was left for dead by all of the 'experts' in February and here we are....Game 7...Stanley Cup Finals. What a hell of a ride this season has been. You cannot ask for a more fitting conclusion to the season than tonight. I have the faith, I have the confidence, and I know that we will be holding all of those marbles that Mike Lange spoke of at the end of Game 6.

This is our time.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

BRING LORD STANLEY'S CUP HOME TO THE BURGH!!!!

Fire Haley
06-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm calling it now - Hal Gill with the game winning goal in the first minute of the 3rd overtime.

Book it Dano

trauben
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
NO WAY !

I DO NOT WANT IT TO GO TO OT LET ALONE 3 AGAIN!

NOT IN A GAME SEVEN!

My heart will fail!

I wouldn't even get to enjoy the celebration ..... I'd be dead!

[NOTE TO SELF: Take aspirin tonight]

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
i just got slightly nauseous just thinking of 3 OT.

i better get another bottle of tequilla.

trauben
06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
i just got slightly nauseous just thinking of 3 OT.

i better get another bottle of tequilla.

I would, too, but I'm going to have anywhere from 15 - 20 teenagers at my house for a pre-planned end of school party which I had forewarned them over 2 months ago that it will probably be a Finals game night for our Pens! Who called it! :tt02:

SteelMember
06-12-2009, 02:37 PM
:scratchchin:

Trauben, I started looking at your sig after reading the last post in the thread, and I might be late to bring this up, but I noticed that if you discount the criers calling their color "orange" :rolleyes:, all the teams colors are essentially Red and White.

Coincidence... or just another sign.

1 Game, 1 Trophy. Bring it home boys!

:tt03: Let's Go Pens! :tt03:

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I would, too, but I'm going to have anywhere from 15 - 20 teenagers at my house for a pre-planned end of school party which I had forewarned them over 2 months ago that it will probably be a Finals game night for our Pens! Who called it! :tt02:

i would kick their asses to the backyard and party inside

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 03:15 PM
It's getting closer and closer, and I am still very confident that the Pens will win this game. However if they don't, which would surprise me, This team hasn't got one damn thing to be ashamed of. This is a great young team that win or lose will be back here time, and time, again.

From a relatively new fan, Thanks Pens for the fantastic playoffs games, and thanks in advanced to a great game tonight.

:tt03:Go Get Um Pens:tt03:

:thumbsup:Tonights The Night:thumbsup:

Fire Haley
06-12-2009, 03:28 PM
The pressure is on the Wings.

Seeing Sid skate around with the Stanley Cup at the Joe would be Hockeytown's worst nightmare.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 03:37 PM
4 hours and 34 minutes until game time!! :banana:

Play your game, shoot the puck early and often, take out that red sea and bring that Cup on home!

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03::tt03:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3WkIQw4ovq0/R3SxaLBCFGI/AAAAAAAAAhA/Qr16llOSPhM/122707e.jpg

stlrtruck
06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
4 hours and 34 minutes until game time!! :banana:

Play your game, shoot the puck early and often, take out that red sea and bring that Cup on home!

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03::tt03:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3WkIQw4ovq0/R3SxaLBCFGI/AAAAAAAAAhA/Qr16llOSPhM/122707e.jpg

But who the hell is counting? :hug: :drink:

MUST WINE, CAN NO LOSE ANYMORE GAMES!!!

LET'S GO PENS
LET'S GO PENS
LET'S GO PENS

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
But who the hell is counting? :hug: :drink:

I am. And your point is?

RunWillieRun
06-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Someone pass me the oxygen....

The game is 4 hours away yet I'm already starting to FREAK OUT!

WOOOHOOO!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

DO IT!

Galax Steeler
06-12-2009, 04:35 PM
LETS GO PENS LETS KICK SOME REDWING ASSES TONIGHT.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I am so excited I could puke.....:puke:

:tt02::tt02::applaudit: :popcorn::drink::drink:

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 04:57 PM
:drink:I am so excited I could puke.....:puke:

:tt02::tt02::applaudit: :popcorn::drink::drink:

Glad I didn't invite you to a pre-game meal.:laughing:

:tt03:Go Pens:tt03:

:drink::drink::drink::thumbsup::thumbsup::drink::d rink::drink::

Hammer67
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Well folks...I am at work in Motown, representing with my Lemieux jersey on. Just counting down the minutes. I have fought some great verbal battles today with some co workers.

Almost time to slip on home and grab a brew and watch the game. Hope they pull it off! Haven't been this amped since '92!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Good Luck Pens

I hate the effing Red Wings

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I've check my clock twice to see if the batteries had died. 2 hours to go!

Fire Haley
06-12-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't usually feel this way - but

http://www.ulmcreative.com/ecd/pics/hossaa.jpg

http://www.ulmcreative.com/ecd/pics/hossab.jpg

Fire Haley
06-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm in my happy place thinking happy thoughts.

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm in my happy place thinking happy thoughts.

About 4 more drinks and I will be in a very happy place.:drink:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
ARGH! I am about to leave for work!

How come I got stuck with third shift on today of all days!

I will be "cut off" and have no idea what is going on!

Galax Steeler
06-12-2009, 06:35 PM
About 4 more drinks and I will be in a very happy place.:drink:

Me to :toofunny:

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
A little over an hour until the opening faceoff. I'm PUMPED UP!!! :banana: :banana:

LETS GO PENS!!!!!

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 07:18 PM
A little over an hour until the opening faceoff. I'm PUMPED UP!!! :banana: :banana:

LETS GO PENS!!!!!\\

If the team is pumped up as much as we are, this is going to be one hell of a game.:tt02::tt03:

Galax Steeler
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
It is about time Lets Rock and roll tonight PENS !!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Pens are on the ice at The Joe for their final warmups! :thumbsup:

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Pens are on the ice at The Joe for their final warmups! :thumbsup:

I'm Ready!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 07:48 PM
The 29'er just said he feels in his heart that the Pens are going to win this game. :thumbsup:

Edman
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
It's now or never for the Penguins. Do or die. Game 7 for all the marbles. I'm so nervous. History is not on their side, but I don't want them to lose. Time to summon the ghosts of the 1983 Oilers and win this finals rematch.

It's going to be an interesting night. Six minutes to go until face off.

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Man what a beautiful city, I have to get there some day
I'm talking about Pittsbugh here.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Gee - go figure Milbury in the Wings locker room giving them the pep talk. :jerkit:

:upyours:

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Man what a beautiful city, I have to get there some day.

Detroit? :jawdrop:

I've been there several times and really didn't find anything overly special about it.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Man what a beautiful city, I have to get there some day
I'm talking about Pittsbugh here.

Oh, OK - that wasn't in your prior post at first. :chuckle:

Pittsburgh is a beautiful city!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm getting goosebumps seeing our Pens skating onto the ice!

This is it boys - the biggest game of the season. I believe in all of you - let's get 'r done!

LETS GO PENS!!! :banana:

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
It's almost time...

Can You Feel It?! :tt03: :tt02: :tt03: :tt02:

Edman
06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Good Statistic.

The Penguins have been in a Game 7 on the road in this very same playoffs already. And it didn't seem to bug them in that blowout of the Caps.

Time to pepper Osdouche and steal another Road Game 7.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Detroit? :jawdrop:

I've been there several times and really didn't find anything overly special about it.

The Bus would second that. Especially the neighborhood he grew up in.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
either team should of worn the third jerseys some time during this series

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh, OK - that wasn't in your prior post at first. :chuckle:

Pittsburgh is a beautiful city!

Yea they show a Pittsburgh earlier, then I thought you might think I was taking about Detroit. I've got no interest in that town at all.

HometownGal
Here we go Penguins! :hope:

NEPAsteeler
"Pro-Red Wings Staff"

Blah blah blahhh

Dodt
it begun.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 08:17 PM
"Pro-Red Wings Staff"

Blah blah blahhh

Can't worry about the striped shirts. Have to make sure you keep your mind focused on beating the Red Shirts.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I want to see the Pens HITTING more. The Wings are smashing our guys on the boards.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 08:24 PM
If the Pens can get more hits that would be great.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Cookie is fired up - he's everywhere on that ice - LOL!

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Can't complain TOO much so far.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM
almost

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Damn it Osgood

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
GREAT EFFORT GUYZ!!

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 08:31 PM
So far this period has been nothing short of exciting. Both teams keeping me on the edge of my seat.

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
pretty smothering defense by the wings is forcing some bad passes and turnovers. pens can barely skate the puck across the blue line.

however that play by kennedy and stall provided a nice little spark.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:33 PM
nice hit.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Pens on PP. :banana: :hope:

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:35 PM
come on sid here your chance.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 08:35 PM
OMG. They actually called a penalty on the mighty Wings.

Come on guys, take advantage of the PP!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Pens looked good on that PP, but no dice. I can feel their fire!

Dodt
hopefully the pens can get another power play.

SteelCityMan786
Ok, so at least they got shots this time. Now, just get a goal or two behind Osgood.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 08:39 PM
So what, the Red Wings are allowed to slam the Pens into the wall time after time but when one of our guys returns the favor, the fans FREAK out and expect a penalty... Pssh. Get over yourselves.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:39 PM
come on sid you can do it.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
pretty smothering defense by the wings is forcing some bad passes and turnovers. pens can barely skate the puck across the blue line.

however that play by kennedy and stall provided a nice little spark.\

I'd have to say the Pens D is keeping step with the Wings D by forcing them outside and not allowing many SOG. :thumbsup:

Both teams fighting like hell!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Our 3rd line has been outstanding this entire series. Keep it up!

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
nice save.

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Thought we had him that time

NEPAsteeler
Wow... what a period.

Dodt
hope the pens keep up the energy.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Pens and Wings looked pretty even overall in that period, except for the SOG. Pens had 10, Wings 6.

Should be a great 2nd!

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks like it could be another low scoring game, both goalies look pretty sharp.

Edman
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Overall an exciting period. No score, but the Penguins showed up to play. The Penguins have to keep up the energy, but not let Detroit trap them into penalties.

Forty Minutes of Game time left. First blood will be drawn in the second.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 08:56 PM
hope this doesn't go to overtime i've got work at 5.

X-Terminator
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Pretty even 1st period. Both teams had some great scoring chances and both goalies made some nice saves. Both teams also missed layups with wide-open nets - Zetterberg for Detroit and Malkin for the Pens.

Just to be fair, the refs missed an obvious hooking call against the Pens on Filppula right before Fleury poked the puck away from him. If that's the regular season, it's a penalty.

Almost every game of this series has been won in the 2nd period. Let's hope the Pens can get on the board first - the Wings are among the best in the business at protecting any kind of lead.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:04 PM
i like the comment.. when they said the nhl went out and got the best refs for this game.. lol...

i think they want them to play.. and make sure there aren't any boo boo calls

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Two more periods, maybe some OT, left in the season.

:tt03:Get It Done Pens:tt03:

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Congrats to Mario!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Mario is a god here in the Burgh! Congrats #66! :drink:

NEPAsteeler
Two more periods, maybe some OT, left in the season.

:tt03:Get It Done Pens:tt03:

It's actually kind of hard to imagine that the season in almost over.

Dodt
yes.

NEPAsteeler
HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES!!!! :tt03: :tt02: :tt03::tt02:

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:08 PM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana:

SUPERSTAR!!!!

Texasteel
Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
NICE JOB MAX!!!!

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:09 PM
WTF...

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:09 PM
4 on 4 coming up.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:10 PM
hahaha.. nice goal..

that was a weak call.. on staal

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:10 PM
4 vs 4 lets try to score this time.

Edman
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
GIVE DETROIT NO LIFE!

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
My stomach turns whenever Fleury leaves the net. :doh:

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:14 PM
there was a chance there.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:14 PM
the puck sailed a lil too left for cooke there

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Damn, that looked close.

HometownGal
Classy Wings fans cheering that Sid got hurt on that play. :upyours:

NEPAsteeler
What happened to Crosby?? I missed it...

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:16 PM
hope sid will be ok

HometownGal
SHIT. PP coming up for the Wings. Hold 'em boys! :hope:

SteelCityMan786

They should feel thankful that Franzen didn't get called for Roughing.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM

unless they were trying to communicate that the wings had a 5-4 advantage

Edman
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Stay Classy Detroit. :mad:

I hope Sidney is all right, returns, and kisses that cup in their arena. We still have to finish this.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:18 PM
kill it for sid guys.

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Classy and Detroit just doesn't seem to go together.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:19 PM
From the replay, looks like Sid's knee. Not good.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:20 PM
unless they were trying to communicate that the wings had a 5-4 advantage

I think they started cheering BEFORE the 5-4 advantage began, so in that case, UP YOURS DETROIT :mad: :upyours:

Dodt
that could also could be said for philly.

Texasteel
Why does that clock move so slow when we are killing a PP.

lilyoder6
From the replay, looks like Sid's knee. Not good.

hopefully.. it's just a stinger... a rly rly bad jolly horse..

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:21 PM
nice job killing it guys.

NEPAsteeler
Good job on the PK!

HometownGal
GREAT job on the PK!!!

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
These Detroit fans are f'in babies. If any of the Pens players go near one of theirs, they want a penalty. :upyours:

SUPERSTAR with 2 goals tonight!!!! :banana: :banana:

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
GGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSS

lilyoder6
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nice goal boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEPAsteeler
Is that "Let's Go Pens" I hear being chanted?! :tt02:

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:26 PM
These fans are pissing me off. Stop being F*ing babies!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 09:26 PM
GOOD JOB SUPERSTAR!!!!

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:27 PM

it's a very very loud "let's go pens"

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Good news on Sid!

HometownGal
Sid will be back per Bylsma. Thank God. This game means sooooo much to him.

stillers4me

Yep...and I spy some Terrible Towels out there, too!

Dodt
glad to hear sids coming back wings will probably be hunter for him.

NEPAsteeler
it's a very very loud "let's go pens"

Gotta love Pens fans :thumbsup:

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Yep...and I spy some Terrible Towels out there, too!

Just wait until the Steelers play in Detroit this year! LOL!

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
ozzzzzy ozzzzy.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Pens have been great at stripping the puck tonight.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Gotta love Pens fans :thumbsup:

yes siirr.. lol

and unless sid broke both of his legs.. he was not going to miss the rest of this game

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
My 7 year old grandson just called all excited about the Pens leading by 2.

I'm raising the kid right.

Edman
06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Wings fans are the biggest babies. I see empty seats.

Pens have to keep up the pressure.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Great game by our guys so far!

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Pens are just plainly out playing the Wings in this period.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Though Geno hasn't put one in the net YET, he's played outstanding - he's all over that ice. :drink:

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 09:36 PM
hahahaha...

epic fail at the hit by the red wing

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:39 PM
come on one more before the intermission.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM
nice save.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:41 PM
OMG - what an outstanding save by Fleury!!!

Edman
Fleury with the GREAT save!

NEPAsteeler
Fleury making some great saves tonight! Can't ask for much more from him.

Texasteel
Though Geno hasn't put one in the net YET, he's played outstanding - he's all over that ice. :drink:

He sure has, but so has all the Pens. They want this bad.

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Wings just threw everything they had at Fleury with no results. A great 2nd period.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Outstanding period by the entire team!!! :thumbsup:

The last 20 minutes are going to be freakin' insane!

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Cannot ask for a much better first 2 periods. 20 minutes of play left. Let's Go Pens!!

Edman
06-12-2009, 09:46 PM
End of two! Talbot with two fantastic goals.

Fleury giving Detroit nothing.

Twenty more minutes until glory. We're almost there...

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:48 PM
my nerves are killing me , makes me wish intermission was shorter.

X-Terminator
Can't ask for a better period than that. Way to step up Max!

Sucks that Sid got hurt, and on a freak play at that. The guys are just going to have to give it all they've got and try to win it for him.

20 more minutes to go. Come on guys - get it done!!!

Texasteel
Outstanding period by the entire team!!! :thumbsup:

The last 20 minutes are going to be freakin' insane!

I hope the Pens don't back off any, keep doing what got you the lead.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 09:49 PM
any chance mario could suit up for sid.

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I Want 3!!!

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I hope the Pens don't back off any, keep doing what got you the lead.
no shit.

i'll be sick if they turtle shell it and start playing cowher ball. detroit is way to aggressive for that. add in their desperation and a 2 goal lead isnt so safe.

X-Terminator
06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I anticipate the Wings coming out and bringing a truckload of kitchen sinks to throw at the Pens. I just hope that they don't sit back and let them come, because if they do, the Wings can easily get back into this game. They need to keep the pressure on, play tight D through the neutral zone and don't let the Wings get too many chances. And most importantly, NO PENALTIES!

Dodt
thanks for jinxing fluery on the shutout guys in the booth.

NEPAsteeler
As much as I hate to admit it, I think they're right about Detroit. I think they're gonna come out hard to start the 3rd. With that said, Here's to the best 20 minutes of Hockey that these Pittsburgh Penguins have ever played in their young lives! :tt03:

Edman
06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Gutcheck time for the Penguins. It's up to them if they want this.

Detroit is going to come hard at them more than they ever had before throughout this series.

Buckle up folks, we're in for a helluva ride.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I think they're right about Detroit. I think they're gonna come out hard to start the 3rd. With that said, Here's to the best 20 minutes of Hockey that these Pittsburgh Penguins have ever played in their young lives! :tt03:

AMEN Nepa! :drink:

Keep playing with your hearts guys as you have done for the last 40 minutes. :heart:

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03:

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Sid's on the bench! :hope:

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 10:03 PM
20 minutes of great hockey coming up.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Fasten your seatbelts boys and girls. 20 Minutes to go.

Let's Go Pens!

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
it's going to be the longest 20 mins for the pens...

wholy shittttt...

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

HometownGal
Ughhhhh. Eaton - you gotta be smarter here bud.

Texasteel
Damn, OK we have to kill this.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Come on guys, Let's kill this!

Dodt
come on kill it.

HometownGal
Atta boy Fleury!!!!

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:09 PM
nice pk .

HometownGal
Great kill Pens!!! :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
hahaha..

i love the our fans are louder than the home team

NEPAsteeler
Great PK :tt03:

Texasteel
Great job guys.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 10:10 PM
hahaha..

i love the our fans are louder than the home team

Isn't that usually the case with any Pittsburgh fans no matter what sport it is? :chuckle:

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
nice hit

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Isn't that usually the case with any Pittsburgh fans no matter what sport it is? :chuckle:

ehh..

2 out of 3 isn't bad... lol

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:12 PM
i think hossa deserves a huge FU after this game.. lol

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
ehh..

2 out of 3 isn't bad... lol

Good point. :laughing:

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:14 PM
fluery is playing 1 great effing game 2nite

Edman
TEN MORE MINUTES.

NEPAsteeler
A little over 10 to go.

Let's Go Pens!!

HometownGal
These last 10 minutes are going to seem like an eternity.

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 10:15 PM
each minute seems like 5 :dang:

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:16 PM
welcome back sid.

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Glad to see Sid back out there even though it doesn't last very long... lol.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
each minute seems like 5 :dang:

the clock is in the super super slow motion mode

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:18 PM
8 minutes and change left.

Texasteel
Keep the pressure on um guyz

Edman
Eight Minutes.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Glad to see Sid back out there even though it doesn't last very long... lol.

prob to test out the injury

tony hipchest
1 min down 9 to go and a

2 pt lead... = :thumbsup:

NEPAsteeler
These last 8 minutes are going to give us all heart attacks... lol

HometownGal
I'm sitting here eating a bag of pretzels and I'm not even hungry- LOL!!!

HOLD EM BOYZ!!! :hope:

Texasteel
I don't know how much more fun I can take.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
nice save.

Texasteel
I'm sitting here eating a bag of pretzels and I'm not even hungry- LOL!!!

HOLD EM BOYZ!!! :hope:

I made a pot of coffee before the game, it's gone.

HometownGal
Under 8

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Under 7

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
almost.

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
dang.

HometownGal
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT.

NEPAsteeler
DAMN IT :banging:

tony hipchest
there goes the shutout and im not looking forward to an empty net.

has anyone noted that tomlin is 0-7 in 4:15 games? :tt02:

4 down, 6 to go.

SteelCityMan786
Relax guys. Just keep your heads up and get that goal back!!!!

Texasteel
06-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Get that damn puck out of our end.

lilyoder6
come on boys.....
4:30 left

Edman
Not Good. But this was expected. The Wings were going to get one eventually.

What are we going to do about it?

NEPAsteeler
06-12-2009, 10:26 PM
These last 4 minutes are going to KILL me :banging:

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:27 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this is going to be another crazy on slaught.. like at the end of game 6....

my heart.. so fast

Dodt
06-12-2009, 10:27 PM
3:23