PDA

View Full Version : Pens VS Red wings part deux

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dodt
05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
here we go again.

ShutDown24
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
I don't see any way the Wings stop us this time around. This year's Pens are sooo much better in my mind than last year's squad.

I can't wait! City of Champions!!! :tt02:

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 11:09 PM
2009 STANLEY CUP FINAL

#2 vs. #4

Saturday, May 30 at Detroit, 8:00 pm NBC
Sunday, May 31 at Detroit, TBD-Night NBC

Tuesday, June 2 at Pittsburgh, 8:00 pm VERSUS
Thursday, June 4 at Pittsburgh, 8:00 pm VERSUS

* Saturday, June 6 at Detroit, 8:00 pm NBC
* Tuesday, June 9 at Pittsburgh, 8:00 pm NBC
* Friday, June 12 at Detroit, 8:00 pm NBC

ShutDown24
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Saturday, May 30 at Detroit, 8:00 pm NBC
Sunday, May 31 at Detroit, TBD-Night NBC

Even though we already knew it was coming, this still drives me nuts. That is just crazy. As a fan, though, can't say that I don't love it.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Wings fans aren't happy at all.....the Bettman conspiracy talk has already begun...

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58280&st=20

The Penguins just got a HUGE gift from the league.

The first person to deny that gets punched in the face.

Forcing one team to play their home stand as a back to back is a big disadvantage.

tony hipchest
05-28-2009, 12:02 AM
man, i had my fill of steve yzerman, and the last thing i really wanted was another helping of osgood.

detroit in the finals is just getting tired.

but to be the best, the penguins might as well beat the best.

last years series is gonna do them a world of good going into this one.

whether the series is up 2-0, or down 2-0 (or anything inbetween) they should be confident and prepared for any adversity.

last year was so close to a game 7 for the yungnz.

this is the year :tt02:

X-Terminator
05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Wings fans aren't happy at all.....the Bettman conspiracy talk has already begun...

Forcing one team to play their home stand as a back to back is a big disadvantage.

Of course, let's not forget that the reason the schedule is this way is because of NBC's insistence that the series not interfere with their precious prime-time schedule, and the league pretty much has no say in the matter. But why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? :coffee:

Here's the proof right here, BTW: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4203658

According to multiple sources, if the Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings can wrap up their respective Conference final series by Wednesday night, the Stanley Cup finals likely would start on Saturday, May 30 in Detroit. In this scenario, Game 2 would be played on Sunday, May 31.

This is a change from a May 22 press release from the league that indicated that the championship series would begin on Friday, June 5, if both Conference final series didn't end in four-game sweeps.

The Penguins can close out their series with a victory over the Hurricanes in Raleigh on Tuesday night. The defending champion Red Wings, meanwhile, have positioned themselves to advance with a win over the Blackhawks on Wednesday in Detroit.

For the past several days, the league has been working behind the scenes with NBC, which has limited prime time real estate to devote to the Cup finals due to important "sweeps" week programming and the Tonight Show re-launch with new host Conan O'Brien.

The possible change would spare the league an embarrassing, television-created, eight-day hiatus and the competitive nature of the playoffs wouldn't be compromised by an unusually long layoff for both clubs.

Suck on that, Wings fans.

SteelersinCA
05-28-2009, 12:08 AM
What prime time scheduling does NBC have during the summer? Not saying you are wrong just surprised the NHL can't bump reruns of Medium or Law & Order.

X-Terminator
05-28-2009, 12:19 AM
What prime time scheduling does NBC have during the summer? Not saying you are wrong just surprised the NHL can't bump reruns of Medium or Law & Order.

I edited my post and posted the link to a story that explains it all. Apparently, it's "sweeps" week, and we all know that networks will not bump anything from the lineup for any reason.

fansince'76
05-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Of course, let's not forget that the reason the schedule is this way is because of NBC's insistence that the series not interfere with their precious prime-time schedule, and the league pretty much has no say in the matter.

Figures - NBC's coverage of this past SB sucked a high hard one too.

trauben
05-28-2009, 07:35 AM
I was listening to Hoser's sound bite again this morning about playing the Pens. When he made that comment of "Who would have guessed these two teams would be competing again for the Cup?" I responded with "Obviously not YOU jackass!"

There were discussing on DVE this morning our touching the trophy versus the Wings not touching theirs and I had to laugh. They said that because the Wings didn't touch it last year and won, they weren't going to jinx themselves this year by touching it...........BUT what they don't realize is that it's already too late. We passed our jinx from last year onto them already in the form of one big Hoser! It doesn't matter if they touch it or don't touch it..........they've got the hose-man! Anyway, that's the way I see it and I'm sticking to it, Hossa's the jinx.

Payback's gonna be a bitch named Detroit!

:tt02: LETS GO PENS! :tt02:

trauben
05-28-2009, 07:48 AM
The back-to-back is definitely going to be best for our young guns versus their old battered hags. After all, we already pulled one off with the Caps, and it's also important to note that we did that with one on home ice and the other away on the road. Having a cozy night in bed versus NOT traveling for the next game away will be nice for us.

These hags don't have much 'healing' time nor rest, that can only work for us.

I say we open this can of worms by splitting with them in Detroit. I think perhaps they take the first game, but we steal the second. Then again, it sure would be syrup on my hotcakes if we came out and set the tempo for this Cup by taking over their home ice and claiming the first win, even if they salvage the second game there, then keep that momentum flying on our home ice. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
05-28-2009, 08:31 AM
I can't believe these so-called hockey fans in detroit bitchin' and moanin' about old school hockey.

Like last night those fans were wanting, crying for some ticky tack fouls to be called to give their team an advantage.

Come red wings fans I thought you were better than that.

HometownGal
05-28-2009, 08:36 AM

They can take their conspiracy theories and stick 'em up their asses. Playing two home games back to back isn't a disadvantage, though the Pens have more than proven that they can win on the road, as well as at home.

FEAR US WINGS FANS. :tt03:

The_WARDen
05-28-2009, 09:08 AM
All I know is that the Pens NEED to split this weekend in Detroit. If they come home down 2-0 again, it won't be good. You don't win 4 of 5 againt Detroit (they ain't the steroid induced Capitals).

stlrtruck
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I read parts of that wings thread and talk about a bunch of pansies pretending to be hockey fans. At least a few of them had the ability to clearly see that it wasn't a conspiracy.

GIve it a freakin' rest already. I'm starting to lose respect for the wings fans.

Fire Haley
05-28-2009, 10:05 AM
I read parts of that wings thread and talk about a bunch of pansies pretending to be hockey fans.

They are just lining up their alibi's for when they lose.:tt03:

Make a list

The_WARDen
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
They are just lining up their alibi's for when they lose.:tt03:

Make a list

1. Crosby dives/cries/gets all the calls...blah blah blah.
2. Chris Osgood woke up and realized that he was...well, Chris Osgood.
3. Lidstrom was hurt.
4. NBC hates Detroit.

X-Terminator
05-28-2009, 10:32 AM
1. Crosby dives/cries/gets all the calls...blah blah blah.
2. Chris Osgood woke up and realized that he was...well, Chris Osgood.
3. Lidstrom was hurt.
4. NBC hates Detroit.

5. The Pens are ButtCheese's favorite team, so of course he'd make sure they win.
6. It's Hossa's fault! Crosby and Malkin convinced him to throw the series to make up for dissing them last year.
7. Datsyuk was hurt.

trauben
05-28-2009, 10:32 AM
FEAR US WINGS FANS.
That's it in a nutshell! They're scared shitless of us this year. We taught those spoiled babies that if the game isn't over? Then sit back down in your damned seats until that last fraction of a second is off the clock! They know how we came alive with a vengeance last year for that cup. They know we're a better team this year compared to last year. They know we want revenge, and revenge is a powerful emotion which often breeds intimidation in those that see it. Their fans are afraid of us this time around.

I'm starting to lose respect for the wings fans.
I lost it last year when they were leaving their seats early thinking games were won when there were still 3 OTs to be played.

SteelMember
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
FEAR US WINGS FANS. :tt03:

This made me think of that old Bud Ice Campaign.

http://www.chuckthomas.com/pencostr.jpg

I like this better though. :chuckle:

http://www.armagon.net/web_gall/marillion/penguins.gif

Fire Haley
05-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Keep your head up Wings

The Flyers series was the most fun for me

http://i41.tinypic.com/wtvxjn.gi

Kunitz takes out Timmonen

HometownGal
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Very nice read on the Pens/Wings matchup:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424108

Red Wings vs. Penguins for the Cup, Round 2

Thursday, 05.28.2009
By NHL.com Staff

Same time, this year.

Yes, it's rematch time in the Stanley Cup Final, as the Detroit Red Wings look to become the first back-to-back winner in 11 years, while the Pittsburgh Penguins want revenge for last year's loss to the Wings.

By any estimation, this is a battle of the NHL's titans, who have survived the grueling marathon through both the regular season and three rounds of playoffs.

The Red Wings defeated Columbus, Anaheim and Chicago to take a place on hockey's center stage, while the Penguins ousted Philadelphia, Washington and Carolina to reclaim Eastern supremacy.

The Final spotlight will shine brightly on the Penguins' Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, two young superstars who have been dominant during the postseason. Both are tied for the League lead with 28 points and Crosby holds the edge in goals, 14-12.

Not to be outdone are the Red Wings, sporting goalie Chris Osgood and his stingy 2.06 goals-against average and 12 wins.

One of the great sidelights to this series is Marian Hossa, who played with the Penguins in the 2008 Final and then signed with the Red Wings. He now takes on his former teammates looking for his first Stanley Cup.

So, settle back and enjoy. This is gonna be a doozy.

Despite playing without Hart Trophy finalist Pavel Datsyuk for the final three games of the Western Conference Finals, the Red Wings still proved to be too much for the Chicago Blackhawks.

While all the talk will be about other top guns such as Henrik Zetterberg and Marian Hossa, Detroit's depth is the reason why it earned a return trip to the Stanley Cup Final. Newfoundland native Daniel Cleary has been sensational this postseason and scored his eighth goal in Wednesday's 2-1 win against Chicago. Johan Franzen always steps up his game at this time of year and leads the team with 10 goals.

But it doesn't end there. Valtteri Filppula picked up his game in Datsyuk's absence, and Tomas Holmstrom is always a valuable weapon in front of the net. Let's not forget Darren Helm, who has blinding speed and scored the overtime winner that sent the Hawks home for the summer.

This is the unquestioned strength of the Penguins. How could it not be with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin terrorizing opponents? Crosby leads all players in playoff goals this spring with 14 in 16 games. Malkin has 28 points, tying Crosby for the League lead. Together they have combined for 56 points in these playoffs, providing a one-two punch that can't be matched in the 2009 postseason.

But the Penguins are more than just their dynamic duo. At 38, Bill Guerin is a 400-goal scorer who has found the fountain of youth in Pittsburgh after a late-season trade. He's enjoying the best postseason of his career (7-7-14) has scored some timely goals and combines with Chris Kunitz to do the dirty work along the boards and in front that makes Crosby so effective.

Jordan Staal has developed into a shutdown center who can negate the most talented forward on the other team. Just ask Jordan's brother, Carolina's Eric Staal. Eric saw a healthy dose of Jordan in the first two games of the series when Pittsburgh had the last change -- and he emerged without a goal and a minus-4 rating.

How deep are the Penguins? Consider that Miroslav Satan, a player with nine 20-goal seasons in his NHL career, plays on the fourth line. And by the way, during the Eastern Conference Finals, he usually played with either Crosby or Malkin as the Pens went with just 11 forwards.

The Wings' success in this series could very well depend on the health of Nicklas Lidstrom. The six-time Norris Trophy winner and 2008-09 finalist has not played since Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals, although coach Mike Babprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter has been encouraged by Lidstrom's progress. Always in the right position, Lidstrom will be crucial against superstars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Against Chicago, though, Detroit proved there is still plenty on its blue line. Brad Stuart has emerged as a highly reliable defenseman who can log first-line minutes. Brian Rafalski is solid at both ends of the ice and is always willing to contribute offensively.

Then there's Niklas Kronwall, who never shies away from using his body. Chicago's Martin Havlat found that out the hard way in a Game 3 hit that really set the tone for the remainder of the series. Jonathan Ericsson, who has stepped in admirably during these playoffs, had emergency surgery on Wednesday for acute appendicitis. His status for Game 1 is unknown.

Others who can contribute on Detroit's blue line are 47-year-old Chris Chelios, who nearly scored in overtime on Wednesday. Brett Lebda had two assists in the victory, while Derek Meech stepped in for Game 5 and didn't look out of place.

With all the focus on Pittsburgh's high-octane offense, it is no wonder that the team's defense corps is unsung. But after the playoff run it has had this postseason, that's clearly an injustice.

Let's start with Pittsburgh's best all-round defensemen. Despite playing the entire Eastern Conference Finals with a wonky knee, Sergei Gonchar proved he can do it all. He runs Pittsburgh's potent power play from the point and is a keen distributor of the puck in the transition game.

But the Penguins have some other pretty good defenders, too. Unheralded Rob Scuderi has elevated his game to the point where he has to be considered an elite shutdown defender. In each of the past two rounds, he has been asked to counter the other team's best forward -- Washington's Alex Ovechkin and Carolina's Eric Staal. Scuderi is usually partnered with Hal Gill.

Mark Eaton, injured last season, is healthy again and does all the little things right. Brooks Orpik is the intimidating physical presence that every team needs, and Kris Letang is rapidly progressing as Gonchar's understudy. If the Pens go with seven defensemen, as they did in the previous round, veteran Philippe Boucher is added to the mix.

One has to wonder if he'll ever get the credit he deserves, but Chris Osgood just keeps on winning. The 36-year-old netminder, who has 389 regular-season victories, earned postseason win No. 71 on Wednesday night when Darren Helm scored in overtime to beat Chicago. Osgood made 30 saves in the win and preserved a scoreless tie with a flurry of stops in the second period.

He'll have his hands full in this series against the high-octane Penguins, but didn't he last year, too?

On most nights, Pittsburgh's offense assures that Marc-Andre Fleury doesn't have to be perfect. But that doesn't mean that Fleury can't make the big saves -- check out the stop he made against Alex Ovechkin early in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Fleury has become very adept at making the saves that must be made to allow the Penguins to dictate the pace of play for the majority of the game.

Fleury, who allowed just nine goals in four games against Carolina, has matured since swallowing the bitter pill of losing in last year's Stanley Cup Final. He is a much more mentally tough goalie than he was when he faced Detroit last spring. His unbridled optimism and blinding smile have left the Penguins little choice but to have complete and unquestioned belief in their goalie.

Been there, done that, have the Stanley Cup. Yes, Detroit's Mike Babprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter has pretty much done it all for the Red Wings.

Sure, he is blessed with a terrific roster, but he also has molded that roster into one that plays the best team-oriented game in the NHL. The Red Wings are smooth and disciplined and play a puck-possession game that is second to none.

Babprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter knows when to be hard and when to take his foot off the gas.

Dan Bylsma doesn't have the pedigree or experience of the opposition's coach, but has his Penguins playing a style of hockey that is hard to handle. Bylsma was named interim coach when Michel Therrien was dismissed in mid-February. The interim tag was removed after Bylsma guided his team back from a 2-0 series deficit against the favored Washington Capitals in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. In the four-game sweep of Carolina, Bylsma's willingness to dress seven defensemen -- despite his preference not to -- played a huge part in Pittsburgh's domination.

---Continued---

HometownGal
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
QUOTABLE "It's a unique situation right now, definitely this doesn't happen often. I try to make the best of the situation for myself and try to help the team win a Cup." -- Marian Hossa :upyours:

"To go what we went through last year was tough. But we've got a chance here, and we want to make the most of it." -- Sidney Crosby

Detroit's power play really clicked in its 6-1 win on Sunday at Chicago, when it went 3-for-8. Lidstrom has been dynamite, as 10 of his 13 points have come while the Wings had the man advantage. But it's unknown when No. 5 will return to the lineup.

The penalty kill allowed goals in each of the first four games against the Blackhawks before killing all three situations on Wednesday and has struggled throughout the playoffs. Darren Helm was highly effective, filling a huge void left by Pavel Datsyuk, who is annually one of the best defensive forwards in the game.

Again, much of Detroit's success -- or lack thereof -- could depend on the health of Lidstrom and Datsyuk.

Any team with Crosby, Gonchar and Malkin is going to have a dangerous power play. Pittsburgh scored only three extra-man goals against a Carolina team that is very proficient on the penalty kill, but each of the goals was a timely one. Overall, the Penguins are clicking at a respectable 19.3 percent. But the penalty kill sits at just 83.6 percent, which could be a problem against their high-powered opponent. But Pittsburgh held Carolina to just one goal on 12 power-play opportunities in the Eastern Finals.

Henrik Zetterberg (DET) -- He won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 2008 as the Most Valuable Player of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the Wings will need him again this time around if they want to repeat. Zetterberg is solid at both ends of the ice, but he's got to create offense against the high-powered Pens.

Red Wings will win if... They stick to their system. Detroit is a puck-possession team, and if it can find a way to hang on to the puck -- especially at even-strength -- it will limit Crosby and Malkin's opportunities. The stronger the Wings play 5-on-5, the better off they'll be.

Penguins will win if... They can handle the big stage this time. Several Penguins have admitted to being awed last spring against the Red Wings. By the time the Penguins got comfortable with the high-stakes hockey played in the Final, they were trailing 2-0 in the best-of-7 series -- a hole that proved too big to dig out of. This time around, they believe they are more ready, an assertion that can be supported by the fact that Pittsburgh has won five-straight playoff games and nine of its past 10.

Fire Haley
05-28-2009, 07:00 PM
As long as Fleury doesn't trip coming out of the gate this time, I'll be happy.

That was a bad omen.

Fire Haley
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Playing two home games back to back isn't a disadvantage, though the Pens have more than proven that they can win on the road, as well as at home.

Playing back to back, then 3 games in 4 days and 4 games in 6 days is still screwed up

They drag out the middle playoffs then pile all the hockey finals in one week?
For TV ratings?

I still say it sucks. (but if the Pens legs are fresher and it helps - I'm all for it)

The_WARDen
05-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Playing back to back, then 3 games in 4 days and 4 games in 6 days is still screwed up

They drag out the middle playoffs then pile all the hockey finals in one week?
For TV ratings?

I still say it sucks. (but if the Pens legs are fresher and it helps - I'm all for it)

In theory I buy that BUT...remember last year when Malkin became a spectator. He blamed it on being tired among other things...

Sooo...just because they're young doesn't mean they'll show up. Plus Gonchar and Guerin ain't no spring chickens.

KeiselPower99
05-29-2009, 09:09 AM
This made me think of that old Bud Ice Campaign.

http://www.chuckthomas.com/pencostr.jpg

I like this better though. :chuckle:

http://www.armagon.net/web_gall/marillion/penguins.gif

Dobbie doobie do

HometownGal
05-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Plus Gonchar and Guerin ain't no spring chickens.

Serg just turned 35 and Billy G is 38. Both of these guys skate extremely well, have great puck control and play as hard as most of the 20-somethings in the NHL. I'm hoping the Pens can find a way to re-sign Guerin next season but it won't be for the big bucks he makes now. Serg will be in the final year of his contract next season and rumor has it that the Pens are already working a deal to keep him a couple of more years. :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 12:36 PM
In theory I buy that BUT...remember last year when Malkin became a spectator. He blamed it on being tired among other things...

Sooo...just because they're young doesn't mean they'll show up. Plus Gonchar and Guerin ain't no spring chickens.

I don't think Hal Gill can get any slower - so that's a plus for us.:tt02:

The_WARDen
05-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Serg just turned 35 and Billy G is 38. Both of these guys skate extremely well, have great puck control and play as hard as most of the 20-somethings in the NHL. I'm hoping the Pens can find a way to re-sign Guerin next season but it won't be for the big bucks he makes now. Serg will be in the final year of his contract next season and rumor has it that the Pens are already working a deal to keep him a couple of more years. :thumbsup:

I agree...they are both very productive players still.

The_WARDen
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM

I agree there...ain't no cure for leadfeet!

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 02:21 PM
I fear for our defense clearing our own zone.

The way they beat us is by controlling the puck and playing keep-away from our big guns and making them play D.

trauben
05-29-2009, 02:44 PM
But we've been pretty good and pretty consistent during these playoffs with the take away. I fear nothing!

OneForTheToe
05-29-2009, 03:07 PM
I believe we can win. Naturally, Fleury will have to be better than good, which is not a stretch the way he has been playing. He will probably have to steal a game as well. Again, not out of the realm of probability.

Hal Gill has played well in the post season, imo. Sure he is not fleet footed (or is that fleet skated :scratchchin: ). Still, I thought he was partucularly good in the Caps' series. He makes up for some of his lack of speed with his reach. And how many players in the league have no weaknesses to their games? Maybe what matters most with Gil is pairing him with the right D partner. We shall see how it works against Detroit the second go-round.

I know this is getting ahead of the Stanley Cup train, but, truth be told, I think Gil might be the number one FA concern for the Pens in the off season (he is a FA?). I'd be tempted to say it was Guerin, but at 38 -39 they Pens have to temper any multi-year contract offers with the worry about a quick decline in his game. Plus it might be easier to find another winger for Sid (they have two years in a row) than a veteran top line defensive player.

That's not to say I wouldn't want Guerin back. If he is willing to stick around on a 1 or 2 year contract, that would be awesome.

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Get...the...puck...deep against them, whenever possible. Play them in their own end. That's the ticket.

Pens have been the quicker team against our opponenets so far, that's been key. We'll find out early if they can run on the Wings.

SteelMember
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, even after thinking better of it, I went over to the Hockeytown forum to see what their thoughts were, and mostly after all the lame name calling, their biggest argument seems to be that "the West is better/stronger/more superior than the East. (Isn't this the NBA argument?) Like we had a cake walk through the playoffs, with Bettman's assistance of course...and they had much better opponents. Last time I checked, the top 10 teams by points were split exactly 50/50. So, Whatever.

As far as the D comments, I think our D has played well most of the time, and the PK has been very good imo. Actually, I think our forwards have done a great job on the backcheck forcing turnovers on the other 2/3rds of the ice. We will need a continued effort, but I feel we are in better shape than last year.

"Snow Chickens" almost as good as Chicken Wings. :flap:

http://hockeytownforum.detroitredwings.com/index.php?showtopic=2809

stlrtruck
05-29-2009, 04:40 PM
The NBC affiliate in Tampa decided that they were going to ignore Game 1 and show their All Children's Hospital Telethon. So for the last several hours we've been without hope to watch the game unless it included a friend with DirectTV or the NHL Center Ice package, or going to the Sports Bar

But earlier today, I have learned that the local sports station has picked up the viewing of the game!

SO IT'S GAME ON!!!!

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
All the other teams fans are so jealous of Sid - it's like nerd chicks sniping about the popular girls in high school.

HometownGal
05-29-2009, 08:02 PM

WTH is it with you people and the Gill-bashing lately? The guy sure as hell wasn't hired for his speed or offensive prowess. :doh: He's done his job since coming to the Burgh and has played extremely well throughout these playoffs. There's a legitimate reason why he and Scuds were given the assignment of defending against the Flyers, Caps and Canes top lines and doing so successfully. He's a +6 in 17 playoff games and what he lacks in speed, he makes up for with that huge wing span, riding forwards off the puck and throwing that 6'8" body at anyone in his path. I have absolutely no problem with the guy. Lighten up!

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
WTH is it with you people and the Gill-bashing lately?

It's personal. I watch all the games. He scares me.

but I do love the Wings fans

I am really nervous. The Pens actually look like the better team.

1. Detroit is tired from 7 game Duck series. That took a lot out of them and the pace of the Chi series hasn't let them recover. Detroit has been getting more injured and more tired as the playoffs have gone on while Pittsburgh has been gaining momentum and getting stronger and more confident. Now they get a measely two days off to face a young, totally amped, and fresh Pittsburgh, with a back to back, then a travel day, then game three. Holy heck!

2. Crosby and Malkin both have grown and drank the frikin Hulk juice since last year. We can stimey them all game then watch as they bust out 3 goals in 5 minutes to erase a 2-0 lead.

3. Since their new coach has arrived they have won 30 out of 42 games.

4. They know that if they win game one, they get a very tired Detroit team in a rockin crazy builidng in Pittsburgh for two games. They will come out like a bat outta hell, and our vets will come out after being injured and need to get used to the pace again. They will have to weather the first onslaught. Even with Ozzie standing on his head, it will be 2-0 before Detroit knows what hit them. Then a Pitt power play and its a very deep hole to climb out of for the entire series.

5. Detroit WILL NOT GET THE CALLS IN THIS SERIES. Even the guys on the Team 1040 in Vancouver have said that.

I'm preparing for an onslaught, and going down in defeat in 6 games. I'm sick to my stomache, and am going to be a mess...

HometownGal
05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
It's personal. I watch all the games. He scares me.

I go to a lot of the games and those I don't attend, I watch. I've been very pleased with his play. We'll have to agree to disagree on Mr. Gill. :drink:

I'm preparing for an onslaught, and going down in defeat in 6 games. I'm sick to my stomache, and am going to be a mess...[/I][/B]

Sounds more to me like he's about to shit his skibbies. He'd better stock up on Depends. :poop:

HometownGal
05-29-2009, 09:56 PM
:laughing::toofunny::laughing::applaudit::thumbsup :

Atta boy Max!

http://www.freep.com/article/20090529/SPORTS05/90529066/1053/rss17

Penguins' Talbot says it in French: I'd like to tell Hossa he chose wrong team

By STEVE SCHRADER • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • May 29, 2009

Listen up, Penguins: You can’t escape the long arm of the octopus. And it has eight of ’em, n’est-ce pas? Like, don’t give an interview in French in Montreal and think it won’t get down here.

Brian Lipson, a Wings fan from West Bloomfield who now lives in Montreal, happening to be listening to Maxime Talbot being interviewed on a sports radio station there the other day. Brian sent along his translation of a couple Talbot quotes:

• On playing against Marian Hossa: “There’s nothing I’d like more than to be able to shake Marian’s hand at the end of this series, look him in the eye and say, ‘You chose the wrong team.’” :rofl::applaudit::hatsoff:

• On whether the quick start to the finals will help the Pens: “We hope so and think so. We’re a bit younger and with less injuries, so we hope that gives us an edge.”

The quotes made their way onto a French site -- corussports.com -- too.

Now, compare those to the more diplomatic remarks Talbot made on those subjects down here (from video at the Penguins’ Web site):

• On Hossa: “He made a decision last summer, and he’s in the finals. He didn’t go for money or anything, so you gotta respect that. But he’s in our way right now, so we’ll have to play him hard.”

• On the quick start: “The sooner we can play, the better it is for us because I think we’re anxious. We’re ready. I think they’re going to be ready, too. It’s the Stanley Cup finals. It’s not that they’re going to be tired or anything."

brick
05-30-2009, 12:46 AM
I'd LOVE IT if we threw down the wings and the camera panned to Hossa's face as soon as it was over. and as amazing as it would be to win it in Pittsburgh, part of me wants to win in Detroit just for redemption reasons.

Bill Geurin is quickly becoming one of my new favorite Pens. that guy just knows how to win - I hate the Devils by principle but there's no questioning how amazing that team was when he was on it. stonewall d starting from brodeur and going up to geurin, stevens, and niedermayer, not to mention the rest of the team. i feel like he's added a whole new dimension of drive into the team. i love having players like him and Kunitz in the side, they've been there, done that, and I think they've been huge for us.

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 02:37 AM
I just would like not to have to wait till Game 3 to see the Pens score a goal this time.

tony hipchest
05-30-2009, 03:05 AM
i agree. score a few points and have a goalie who dont trip coming out of the gates (literally)

we should be good.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Man, I live in Cleveland, smack dab between The Burgh and Detroit.

Now, I am a die hard lifelong Pens fan. I have a few customers that come into the gas station I work at that are die hard Red Wings fans. I would love to go into work tonight and tomorrow morning (I work third shift) just have a huge eat crap smile on my face for them (and Monday morning for that matter to).

I was at Great Lakes Mall in Mentor yesterday wearing my Pens hat, and five feet from me was a family wearing Red Wings gear. We had a good hokey conversation, and agree that this should be a great series.

Also, a close friend of mine is a Red Wings fan, her and I might not talk during the Finals.

pittsburghp8baller
05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
I just would like not to have to wait till Game 3 to see the Pens score a goal this time.

when i talk to other pens fans and they bring up the fact that if we were able to steal one of those games last year it would of been a different series. I say while thats true, first off we would needed to score to steal one of those games.

different year, different team this year. Sid and Geno have shedded there baby legs and shown why Sid has been hyped since he was 12 and Geno may be the most gifted hockey player in the world.

so excited for the game tonight, already got my kris letang shirt on. 8 o'clock cant come soon enough

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Datsyuk, Draper will sit out Game 1 for Red Wings

The facts for Saturday's Game 1 (8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio) of the 2009 Stanley Cup Final are that BabC O c K S team will be without star center Pavel Datsyuk (foot injury) and Kris Draper, who has a groin pull. Defensemen Nick Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Jonathon Ericsson (appendectomy), meanwhile, are available for the game against Pittsburgh at Joe Louis Arena.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424331

pittsburghp8baller
05-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Datsyuk, Draper will sit out Game 1 for Red Wings

The facts for Saturday's Game 1 (8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio) of the 2009 Stanley Cup Final are that BabC O c K S team will be without star center Pavel Datsyuk (foot injury) and Kris Draper, who has a groin pull. Defensemen Nick Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Jonathon Ericsson (appendectomy), meanwhile, are available for the game against Pittsburgh at Joe Louis Arena.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424331

thats good news, both are former selke winners so that can def be a advantage to our PP

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 02:27 PM
No whining from the Wings fans

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5829/1e18558e4ae5a7807.jpg

pittsburghp8baller
05-30-2009, 02:32 PM
No whining from the Wings fans

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5829/1e18558e4ae5a7807.jpg

im talking to one right now, and even he said as long as the refs dont blow the series this will be another long great series. the way he is talking, he might be more nervous than i am.

i love that picture, and its true its gonna take an entire team effort to take down the wings.

But i got faith, LETS GO PENS

Fordy
05-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Dont watch alot of hockey but im tuning in tonight. GO PENS!

Edman
05-30-2009, 06:03 PM
This Penguins team is on a mission. We want revenge. We want the cup. The journey begins tonight.

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Awesome pregame show hour on the NHL network - Mario talking about Sid + all the match-ups. cool

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Opening faceoff just minutes ahead. I'm soooo pumped up for this game!!! :banana:

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03:

Good news that Datsyuk won't be in the lineup tonight. :thumbsup:

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I feel pretty pumped myself. Lets get this thing going.:tt03::tt03::tt03:

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 08:22 PM
And here we go!!!! :applaudit::tt03:

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow - getting chippy out there already. Both teams come out flyin' on that ice.

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Loved that hit.

SteelCityMan786
And Brooks delivers a blow to Hossa.

HometownGal
AND ORPIK KNOCKS HOSSA INTO NEXT WEEK AT CENTER ICE! :banana: :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
This has the making of what will be one VERY physical series.

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Pens are not intimidated by this bunch at all.

Edman
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
First Score to Detroit.

Scuderi and Gill are the goats.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
:upyours: Hossa

Garbage goal. Wings up 1-0.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I love Hal Gill, but I wasn't happy with his inability there to get the damned puck out of there. :doh:

Edman
05-30-2009, 08:47 PM
:upyours: Hossa

Garbage goal. Wings up 1-0.

Hossa didn't score. It was Brad Stuart.

Fleury had it and the puck just rolled through his thighs. Overall a bullshit goal.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Hossa didn't score. It was Brad Stuart.

Fleury had it and the puck just rolled through his thighs. Overall a bullshit goal.

Looked like Hossa to me. My mistake.

But - - - Gill did beat Hossa to the puck earlier in the period. :chuckle:

Wings seem to be taking away the middle on the Pens. They're going to have to come up with another plan.

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Gill.

Fails to clear the puck.

Turnover.

Score.

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HometownGal
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My TANK!!!

Edman
Tank scores!

We're tied!

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 08:55 PM
NICE WORK TANK!!!!

HometownGal
I'm very happy with our Pens performance in the 1st, but I'd like to see more SOG in the 2nd.

Edman
The Pens coming at the Dead Things hard. Night and Day over last year.

End of the first period.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Gill.

Fails to clear the puck.

Turnover.

Score.

Would you please give it a rest Killer? We know you don't like Gill and yes - as I said above - he failed to clear the puck which resulted in the puck trickling behind Fleury. Let's try to stay positive here, k?

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 09:06 PM
I didn't say it - the announcers did.

Now - take this game over. They are softened up by now.

ShutDown24
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Thoughts from the first quarter

- Apart from the one (big) mistake, Gill has played an EXCELLENT game thus far.

- The team as a whole looks SO much more prepared this year as compared to last.

- Geno definitely isn't as 'hidden' as he was last time around.

- Talbot getting more ice time than I expected it seems like?

Lets go Pens!!!

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Pens going on PP. Nice slash jagoff. :mad:

Let's take the lead here. :hope:

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Make um pay

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Come on guys. Keep fighting for that 2nd goal.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I thought Serg had a goal there and somehow Osgood saw it - how I don't know. :banging: I love the Pens intensity thus far in the 2nd!

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Pens on 2nd PP! Let's make it count boyz! :hope:

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Come on guys, don't lose your cool!!!

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:38 PM
What a ticky tack call on Adams. Even up time. :jerkit:

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:42 PM
WTF was Cooke thinking there? :doh: :shake01:

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Great save by Crosby with an assist by Fleury. :thumbsup: :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Good Job killing the Penalty Boys!!!!

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Gill came very close to getting a goal there. LOL!!

Edman
05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Detroit scores.

Another goal that bounces off Fleury into the net. Dude must be feeling sick right now.

HometownGal
DAMN IT.

SteelCityMan786
That was a garbage goal.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 09:51 PM
It's OK - we'll get it back in the 3rd. I'm very confident in the way our guys are playing tonight and the third has been their best period.

Edman
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Detroit is getting the bounces. Win or Lose, the Pens have proven they can and will hang with this bunch.

Steel Head
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
do people here still defend Hal Gill? if so, LOL

Gill sucks

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 09:56 PM
That was a garbage goal.

that's 2 of them.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
do people here still defend Hal Gill? if so, LOL

Gill sucks

Why don't you take a hike out of this thread? You have nothing more positive to say about how well the team, INCLUDING GILL, has played thus far??? What a freakin' boo bird.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Why don't you take a hike out of this thread? You have nothing more positive to say about how well the team, INCLUDING GILL, has played thus far??? What a freakin' boo bird.

Gill may not be playing well, but other guys could be picking up the slack.

Keep the faith folks. Anything can happen in 20 Minutes of Hockey!!!!

X-Terminator
05-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Bottom line, the Pens have played great and should be ahead in this game. I can't think of a team that gets more fluky goals than the Red Wings.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Gill may not be playing well, but other guys could be picking up the slack.

Keep the faith folks. Anything can happen in 20 Minutes of Hockey!!!!

Other than his fubar on the first goal, I have no problem with Gill's play tonight or for that matter, the playoffs as a whole. I can't freakin' stand these negative Neds, Matt. Doesn't say a damned word all night and comes in here to rag, B & M. It's pitiful.

Thanks for always staying upbeat, Matt. You're a blessing. You know me - I never lose faith in my teams! :tt03::drink:

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Damn Osgood. :banging:

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Other than his fubar on the first goal, I have no problem with Gill's play tonight or for that matter, the playoffs as a whole. I can't freakin' stand these negative Neds, Matt. Doesn't say a damned word all night and comes in here to rag, B & M. It's pitiful.

Thanks for always staying upbeat, Matt. You're a blessing. You know me - I never lose faith in my teams! :tt03::drink:

Yep, and there will be a time that they will be forced to shut up.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 10:16 PM
The Pens HAVE to find a way to keep the Wings from the front of our net. :banging:

Keep the faith - lots of hockey yet to be played in this period.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 10:17 PM
The Pens HAVE to find a way to keep the Wings from the front of our net. :banging:

Keep the faith - lots of hockey yet to be played in this period.

Not to mention the Penguins have come back from being down 2 goals against Detroit in their own building this season once.

ShutDown24
05-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Holy ____ the Wings goals have all been SO fluky. Oh well, it is what it is.

Edman
05-30-2009, 10:19 PM
This is more frustrating to watch than the Capitals series. Outplay a team and we're still losing.

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Over 14 minutes left, plenty of time.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Come on Pens, Be tough and score!!!

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Come on Pens, Be tough and score!!!

If they can just get that 2nd goal here, the 3rd will be soon to follow.

HometownGal
05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Though I'm still keeping the faith here, if they lose this one, Bylsma will make some adjustments and they'll come out firing and ready to rumble tomorrow night. We've been down before and we've bounced right back up. I really believe in this team. :thumbsup:

Edman
05-30-2009, 10:51 PM
We'll get these Dead Thing jackoffs tomorrow night.

Fluke Goals will only get you so far. But the Pens also need to solve Osdouche.

Oh yeah, and Gill is a weak link in the defense. The dude is just not having a good playoffs.

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Red Wings got 2 goals of their spring loaded boards. Our guys played their hearts out, but it just wasn't happening tonight. I'm proud and hell of these guys, all of them.

Fire Haley
05-30-2009, 10:59 PM
This is more frustrating to watch than the Capitals series. Outplay a team and we're still losing.

Yep. They got all the bounces and stole one.

Texasteel
05-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Yep. They got all the bounces and stole one.

They won't get all the bounces every night. We'll be fine.

X-Terminator
05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
You know, I'm not going to sit here and whine about Gill or whine about this and whine about that. The team played well tonight, meaning EVERYONE played well. Sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.

We'll get them tomorrow night. I know...I KNOW...we can beat these guys.

brick
05-30-2009, 11:15 PM
when are we going to stop with this dump and chase method? i don't get it, i thought we were over this after therrien left and bylsma's "offense the best defense" mentality took over, but tonight all we did was dump the puck in their zone and pretty much hand over possession. same thing we did last year. didn't work then, and it won't work now, detroit's defense is too good for that. hopefully bylsma throws those tactics out the window because they were no good, but honestly he should have already known better. let our boys pass, just look what we did to carolina and washington. gotta give credit for detroit's d breaking a lot of play up, but we only actually carried the puck into their zone a handfull of times, most of the time we just launched it in there, their d got a hold of it, and the attack was over. i was screaming at my tv for us to pass it around and not give up the puck, it was so frustrating. c'mon boys you're better than that!

that being said, even with the dump and chase i still thought we outplayed them (a big difference between last year and this year), but if we actually carried the puck in, retained possession, and passed it around (we did it briefly in each period, especially in the 2nd), then we have em on the boards. i don't understand why we didn't do that all game.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2009, 11:17 PM
You know, I'm not going to sit here and whine about Gill or whine about this and whine about that. The team played well tonight, meaning EVERYONE played well. Sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.

We'll get them tomorrow night. I know...I KNOW...we can beat these guys.

Amen XT!!!! :tt03:

brick
05-30-2009, 11:22 PM
just saw espn's headline for the game:

"wings overwhelm pens to seize early finals lead"

overwhelm?? are you kidding? pffffffffftt :coffee:

X-Terminator
05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
when are we going to stop with this dump and chase method? i don't get it, i thought we were over this after therrien left and bylsma's "offense the best defense" mentality took over, but tonight all we did was dump the puck in their zone and pretty much hand over possession. same thing we did last year. didn't work then, and it won't work now, detroit's defense is too good for that. hopefully bylsma throws those tactics out the window because they were no good, but honestly he should have already known better. let our boys pass, just look what we did to carolina and washington. gotta give credit for detroit's d breaking a lot of play up, but we only actually carried the puck into their zone a handfull of times, most of the time we just launched it in there, their d got a hold of it, and the attack was over. i was screaming at my tv for us to pass it around and not give up the puck, it was so frustrating. c'mon boys you're better than that!

that being said, even with the dump and chase i still thought we outplayed them (a big difference between last year and this year), but if we actually carried the puck in, retained possession, and passed it around (we did it briefly in each period, especially in the 2nd), then we have em on the boards. i don't understand why we didn't do that all game.

The Pens played the same way they've played ever since Bylsma took over. The whole philosophy behind his system is to get the puck deep, work down low and get their forecheck going. It's not simply "dump and chase." The Wings WANT you to try to pass it around, so that they can simply pick off the passes and go the other way. If you want to beat them, you HAVE to get the puck in deep, get shots on goal and get traffic in front of the net. They did quite a bit of that tonight, it's just Osgood was a brick wall in goal.

just saw espn's headline for the game:

"wings overwhelm pens to seize early finals lead"

overwhelm?? are you kidding? pffffffffftt :coffee:

Dude, it's BSPN, aka Disney Channel II. What did you expect?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
I know I am going to get slammed for this, but I don't really see where we outplayed them. We couldn't complete passes, our D got burned time and time again, and Fleury wasn't at his best. I call it as I see it, and we didn't show up tonight.

X-Terminator
05-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I know I am going to get slammed for this, but I don't really see where we outplayed them. We couldn't complete passes, our D got burned time and time again, and Fleury wasn't at his best. I call it as I see it, and we didn't show up tonight.

I didn't exactly see the Wings making tape-to-tape passes all night either. They turned the puck over quite a bit in the neutral zone and flubbed a bunch of passes of their own. Plus, Babc0ck said in his post-game interview that the ice wasn't very good. I think that would have an impact on a team's ability to make good passes consistently.

And for as much as you think the D got "burned," exactly HOW many odd-man breaks did the Wings have tonight? Not that many.

I don't think the Pens outplayed them in the truest sense, but they damn sure played well enough to win the game. The only stat where the Pens got really beaten badly was in the faceoff circle. Other than that, it was a pretty even game. In fact, they both outshot and outchanced the Wings tonight. They absolutely DID show up.

ShutDown24
05-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm reluctant to bring this up, and I love Kid Crosby - but did you all catch that tap he gave Maltby with the stick? I really wish I wouldn't have seen that. I'm really upset over it. Sid is one of my favorite athletes in the world, but that was completely uncalled for and even cowardly. It was totally reminiscent of Sean Avery. I’m really bothered by that. For all our talk about how mature he is, Crosby definitely has a tendency to be immature when things aren't going his way. I HATE pointing this out, but I had to say something about it. No matter how frustrated you are that is just a disgusting act. I'm very disappointed in Sid for that. Say what you will about how the Wings win tonight, it definitely was fluky, but at least they won with a fair amount of class. Again, I'm just really disappointed in what I saw there. I know there was no intent to hurt the guy, but come on. Childish.

Apart from that rant, I'm confident we can get this series back under control. The Pens definitely played well tonight.

X-Terminator
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm reluctant to bring this up, and I love Kid Crosby - but did you all catch that tap he gave Maltby with the stick? I really wish I wouldn't have seen that. I'm really upset over it. Sid is one of my favorite athletes in the world, but that was completely uncalled for and even cowardly. It was totally reminiscent of Sean Avery. I’m really bothered by that. For all our talk about how mature he is, Crosby definitely has a tendency to be immature when things aren't going his way. I HATE pointing this out, but I had to say something about it. No matter how frustrated you are that is just a disgusting act. I'm very disappointed in Sid for that. Say what you will about how the Wings win tonight, it definitely was fluky, but at least they did so with a fair amount of class. Again, I'm just really disappointed in what I saw there.

Apart from that rant, I'm confident we can get this series back under control. The Pens definitely played well tonight.

Maybe you ought to get the WHOLE story before you go off - Kirk Maltby, agitator extraordinaire, was running his mouth the entire game and continued to do so when the game was over. So Crosby gave him a little tap on his skates basically to tell him to STFU. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have done it, but the reason for doing it? I have no problem with. All Maltby ever does is yap, and when it comes time to pay the piper, he bitches out. Screw him. He's lucky Crosby didn't slash him in the mouth.

ShutDown24
05-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe you ought to get the WHOLE story before you go off - Kirk Maltby, agitator extraordinaire, was running his mouth the entire game and continued to do so when the game was over. So Crosby gave him a little tap on his skates basically to tell him to STFU. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have done it, but the reason for doing it? I have no problem with. All Maltby ever does is yap, and when it comes time to pay the piper, he bitches out. Screw him. He's lucky Crosby didn't slash him in the mouth.

I wouldn't have cared if Sid had punched him in the face; I know Maltby is an agitator. But that little tap really came across as cowardly to me. If Crosby was going to do something I wish he would have done it to the dudes face, not tap him and pretend he didn't. THAT is what annoys me. I rarely say anything negative about my sports teams; I always try to be a positive fan. But really? If you don't think there was anything wrong with what Sid did there then you have the blinders on a little too tightly in my opinion. (Not saying that to you specifically X-Terminator, just in general)

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't have cared if Sid had punched him in the face; I know Maltby is an agitator. But that little tap really came across as cowardly to me. If Crosby was going to do something I wish he would have done it to the dudes face, not tap him and pretend he didn't. THAT is what annoys me. I rarely say anything negative about my sports teams; I always try to be a positive fan. But really? If you don't think there was anything wrong with what Sid did there then you have the blinders on a little too tightly in my opinion. (Not saying that to you specifically X-Terminator, just in general)

He didn't pretend he did it. He admitted to doing it and why during his post-game press conference. Maltby, of course, had a different take and acted like he did nothing wrong. And had Crosby punched Maltby in the face, everyone and their mother, not to mention the millions of jealous Crosby haters would have been all over him and called him a coward. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

ShutDown24
05-31-2009, 12:11 AM
He didn't pretend he did it. He admitted to doing it and why during his post-game press conference. Maltby, of course, had a different take and acted like he did nothing wrong. And had Crosby punched Maltby in the face, everyone and their mother, not to mention the millions of jealous Crosby haters would have been all over him and called him a coward.

I'm not referring to the post game press conference, I'm referring to on ice. In hindsight I'm sure he did admit to it - it was very obvious.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Well, if he doesn't do anything he's not damned at all. Let your play do the talking, Sid. If you don't agree with that then there is nothing I can do. But no matter how agitated someone makes you, the best option is just not to let them get under your skin. I don't see how that can be refuted :noidea:

We're all human though, it happens. Of course Crosby has my support. Let's get them tomorrow! :tt02:

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm not referring to the post game press conference, I'm referring to on ice. In hindsight I'm sure he did admit to it - it was very obvious.

Well, if he doesn't do anything he's not damned at all. Let your play do the talking, Sid. If you don't agree with that then there is nothing I can do. But no matter how agitated someone makes you, the best option is just not to let them get under your skin. I don't see how that can be refuted :noidea:

We're all human though, it happens. Of course Crosby has my support. Let's get them tomorrow! :tt02:

I agree that he shouldn't have done anything. But, I'm also not going to get on him for not resisting the temptation to do something. It's the heat of the moment, the intensity that is the Stanley Cup Final, and he wanted to send a message. Shit happens.

On to Game 2.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-31-2009, 05:14 AM
I didn't exactly see the Wings making tape-to-tape passes all night either. They turned the puck over quite a bit in the neutral zone and flubbed a bunch of passes of their own. Plus, Babc0ck said in his post-game interview that the ice wasn't very good. I think that would have an impact on a team's ability to make good passes consistently.

Maybe the wings didn't make perfect passes either, but it was obvious while I was watching that our puck control wasn't very good until late in the game. Passes to no one, couldn't hold it in their zone, couldn't clear our zone. We had like two turnovers in our zone that lead to their first fluky goal?

And for as much as you think the D got "burned," exactly HOW many odd-man breaks did the Wings have tonight? Not that many.

No, but the wings did always seem to gain a half step or so on our D and get behind our guys time after time. It looked like our D was just going though the motions and "gliding" around rather than getting after the puck and playing like they want it. Even the commentators brought up the fact that the weak link was definitely the Pens defense.

I don't think the Pens outplayed them in the truest sense, but they damn sure played well enough to win the game. The only stat where the Pens got really beaten badly was in the faceoff circle. Other than that, it was a pretty even game. In fact, they both outshot and outchanced the Wings tonight. They absolutely DID show up.
We may have outchanced and outshot them, but we were only really threatening in the first period. We couldn't hold the puck in their zone to get any kind of pressure going, even with an extra skater (PP and at the end). They would get breakaways when we were on the powerplay. Mostly we dumped the puck in, maybe got one pass off, it got intercepted, we chased them to our zone, finally got the puck back..rinse..repeat.

Good thing is, we have youth on our side. With game two only like 15 hours away, we also don't have long to think about this loss. Here is to a better game tomorrow! :drink:(today actually)

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 07:17 AM
Good thing is, we have youth on our side. With game two only like 15 hours away, we also don't have long to think about this loss. Here is to a better game tomorrow! :drink:(today actually)

The boyz are young and have to be a little pissed about last nights game. You think the hits were hard last night, expect to same tonight. After they pull even tonight, we will be just fine.

Galax Steeler
05-31-2009, 08:52 AM
The boyz are young and have to be a little pissed about last nights game. You think the hits were hard last night, expect to same tonight. After they pull even tonight, we will be just fine.

I am with you we will take it out on them tonight and even the series.

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe the wings didn't make perfect passes either, but it was obvious while I was watching that our puck control wasn't very good until late in the game. Passes to no one, couldn't hold it in their zone, couldn't clear our zone. We had like two turnovers in our zone that lead to their first fluky goal?

And I still maintain that it's tough to control the puck when the ice sucks. However, if they want to have the puck more, they have to get better in the face-off circle. They lost 70% of the draws last night, which means the Wings have control of the puck more often. And that was without Datsyuk in the lineup, who is arguably their best face-off man. They have to get better in the circle, plain and simple.

No, but the wings did always seem to gain a half step or so on our D and get behind our guys time after time. It looked like our D was just going though the motions and "gliding" around rather than getting after the puck and playing like they want it. Even the commentators brought up the fact that the weak link was definitely the Pens defense.

For all of the talk about how horrible the Pens' D allegedly is, they still held the Wings, who were averaging nearly 40 shots per game, to just 30 last night, and they needed lucky bounces to win. No, they collectively are not as good as the apparently God-like, never-can-do-wrong Wings' D, but they hold their own.

We may have outchanced and outshot them, but we were only really threatening in the first period. We couldn't hold the puck in their zone to get any kind of pressure going, even with an extra skater (PP and at the end). They would get breakaways when we were on the powerplay. Mostly we dumped the puck in, maybe got one pass off, it got intercepted, we chased them to our zone, finally got the puck back..rinse..repeat.

I don't know...they seemed to play pretty well in the 2nd period and spent most of the time in the Wings' zone. Even Babc0ck admitted that. They had several great chances in that period - Malkin was stoned by Osgood on a breakaway, Satan couldn't hold onto the puck when he tried to turn it over to his backhand in tight on Osgood and put it behind him, Guerin was stopped in tight, and I think Fedotenko was stoned by Osgood as well. The 2nd was definitely their best period last night. But yeah, they had the puck intercepted a lot on their dump-ins, so they may want to try to carry the puck more to the blue line and then use soft dump-ins, let the other forwards get up on their D and force turnovers, keep the puck down low and cycle. I thought the dump-ins were a little too hard. That is something that they will have to work on, but with no practice time, I don't know how much they'll be able to go over it. As for the PP, again, it was their inability to win face-offs that really hurt them, and as a result they couldn't gain control of the puck and get set up. I think if they are able to gain control of the puck on the PP, they should be able to get some chances on their PK unit, which has been one of the worst this postseason and has been their weakest link.

Well with the way so many people are talking, they may as well not even take the ice tonight, since the series is apparently over after game 1. :coffee: The Pens will be better and they will win tonight. Bank it.

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Well with the way so many people are talking....

Oh stop it - people can vent if they want to - this isn't a cheerleading contest.

Malkin and Sid were both fighting the puck a little bit last night. Malkin especially didn't look nearly like the player that has owned the playoffs so far. He didn't play bad, but he was far from dominating and the PP sucked, even with both Sid and Malkin out there.

And this is the Stanley Cup Final - no time for mediocre goaltending either.

Step it up or go home down 0-2 again.

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh stop it - people can vent if they want to - this isn't a cheerleading contest.

Malkin and Sid were both fighting the puck a little bit last night. Malkin especially didn't look nearly like the player that has owned the playoffs so far. He didn't play bad, but he was far from dominating and the PP sucked, even with both Sid and Malkin out there.

Step it up or go home down 0-2 again.

I wasn't talking about people here. I wasn't talking about Pens fans either.

See what happens when you assume?

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Nice try.

Everyone knows that the people here talking are the only ones that matter.

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM

They better be pissed.

Malkin and Satan and Crosby all missed good chances (breakaways and open nets) and Detroit scored on junk, that was the difference.

KeiselPower99
05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Lets see how the respond tonight. Why was Osgood on the bench for Detroit for so long? He still looks good after all this years.

steel striker
05-31-2009, 04:42 PM
The key to beating the wings is out working them and, score on the pp. It;s not brain surgery they are too good if you can't make them on the pp. I've been watching hockey for over thirty years and, I like both teams I'm a true hockey fan I watch no matter who is playing. Anyone who ever has watch wings games at the Joe knows the boards always have that crazy bounce no knows this more than Osgood. Pens need to win tonight or it will be tough to comback. I think Geno needs a big game tonight for the pens to win.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice try.

Everyone knows that the people here talking are the only ones that matter.

When your right, your right.

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
The key to beating the wings is out working them and, score on the pp. It;s not brain surgery they are too good if you can't make them on the pp. I've been watching hockey for over thirty years and, I like both teams I'm a true hockey fan I watch no matter who is playing. Anyone who ever has watch wings games at the Joe knows the boards always have that crazy bounce no knows this more than Osgood. Pens need to win tonight or it will be tough to comback. I think Geno needs a big game tonight for the pens to win.

Mellon can produce some crazy ones to. Though it's not surprising considering the Arena is almost 50 years old. The Joe is about 30+ or so. It will not stun me if both teams fall victim to crazy bounces the rest of the way especially when they play in if I'm not mistaken(I know this is true for the Pens) the oldest arenas in the National Hockey League.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 05:26 PM

Certainly they can, but if they want to be boo-birds and FWF's when the situation most definitely doesn't warrant the same, they'd better expect to be called out on it. (Not referring to you, punkin' :wink:)

Well - Geno must have impressed someone in the know. He was named last night's #2 star.

Mediocre goaltending? Were you watching the same game the rest of us were? Just as Osgood stonewalled some really good shots by the Pens, Fleury made some pretty damned good saves at the other end of the ice. Either team could have taken a commanding lead had it not been for the play of their netminders. Simply put - Fleury was the victim of a couple of bad breaks due to shots riccocheting off the boards and onto waiting sticks. I'm sure the Pens will adjust to combat this tonight.

Step it up or go home down 0-2 again

And we do remember what happened the last time in these playoffs when the Pens came home 0-2? :chuckle:

Of course the Caps aren't the Wings, but sometimes a little adversity can drive a team that much harder.

Make no mistake about it - this team is highly motivated and are going to bring it each and every game. They more than held their own with the Wings last night but the breaks just weren't going their way. The only problem I have had with the Pens all season long (and in these playoffs, as well) is that they don't park anyone in front of the net like other teams do. This is where Malone shined last season. I think Billy G would be a perfect fit there.

I think we're going to see another whale of a game tonight but I believe tonight's outcome will be quite different. If I'm wrong, I'm not giving up on these guys and will continue to believe they can and will bring the Cup back to the Burgh. :tt03::drink:

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Nobody's giving up missy, now you just wave them pom-poms.

We need a split, no doubt about it though.

These ain't the Caps - they can play defense.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 07:05 PM

If you can bitch, then we can bitch about your bitchin, then you can bitch about our bitchin about you bitchin, then we can bitch about the bitchin your bitchin about our bitchin, when your bitchin about,,,,,,,,,,,,,the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Whos on 1st.

You remember that one and you older than I thought.

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Abbott & Costello are classics.

Sid & Malkin have a ways to go.

Wings won over 70% of the face-offs in Game 1.

Zetterberg won 15 of 20 - mostly over Sid.

Pens better come out flying and never let up.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Abbott & Costello are classics.

Sid & Malkin have a ways to go.

Wings won over 70% of the face-offs in Game 1.

Zetterberg won 15 of 20 - mostly over Sid.

Pens better come out flying and never let up.

I really don't think we have to worry about any kind of let down tonight. this guys know who they are playing, and whats at stake. I think they will come to play, I really didn't think they played poorly last night, but what do I know. I would expect another physical game.

I love this stuff.

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I want to see a fast, aggressive game by the Pens.

Don't play into their hands by going after them - just win the battles and keep shooting the puck.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 07:48 PM

OK - I will. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: How's dat? :wink02:

A split would be great, no doubt about it. However, if we end up 2-0 coming back home, I like our chances to tie up the series. I believe with all my heart, though, that this year's Penguins are a team of destiny and they are going to win the series in the end.

Farrior, Colbert and Reed all agree with me - just heard it on the pre-game. :tt03: Farrior picks the Pens in 7, Reed in 6 and Colbert really didn't say but he believes the Pens are going to be holding up that Cup very soon.

LMAO - I see Don Cherry isn't being very well received by the Wings fans. Oddly enough, he is pulling for the Pens in tonight's game and predicts they will win 3-2.

LETS GO PENS! :tt03: :cheer:

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
I just watched the pre-game interviews on the NHL channel.

Pens locker room is calm - business as usual.

And don't hit me, but I really can't hate Babc)ck, the guys just tells em just like it is.

He praised the Pens for coming out ready to play and called the ice "poor".

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Babc0ck looks like he has bitter beer face, but other than that, I don't think he's that bad a guy.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Babc0ck looks like he has bitter beer face, but other than that, I don't think he's that bad a guy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He's a good coach, for sure, but there's something kind of sneaky about him. I dunno. :noidea:

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 08:13 PM
You know, this is a pretty big hockey game

Smoke em if you gottem

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
You know, this is a pretty big hockey game

Smoke em if you gottem

I've been trying really hard to quit, but I don't think now is the time. :chuckle:

LETS GO PENS!!!!!

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Dupuis is in the lineup tonight and Boucher is sitting.

Datsyuk still out. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
I heard on the pre-game that Jeff Reed and Kevin Colbert both have season tix. Eric and I see Jeff at a lot of the games. We've seen Hines Ward and his wife a few times too.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:21 PM
We won the opening face off! That HAS to be a good omen! :banana:

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Pens have to find a way to get more SOG on Osgood. 1 shot almost at the halfway point.

fansince'76
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/babc0ck-1.jpg http://wso.williams.edu/~srura/gems/bitterbeer.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Starting to get some shots now. Need some 2nd shot chances,

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Great to see the Pens firing the puck on Osgood. :thumsbup: Tank almost put one in there.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Great to see the Pens firing the puck on Osgood. :thumsbup: Tank almost put one in there.

They are looking more lively on the ice.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:48 PM
WOO HOOO!!!! First PP for the Pens. Get 'r done boyz! :hope:

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
We need more swarm Osgood

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:50 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Geno scores! :banana: :banana:

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Thank God!!!!!!!!!!

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
That is what they didn't do last night. I'm feeling real good about this.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM
No shots on goal for the Wing in the last 8 minutes. The Pens are playing defence.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Pens are on FIRE!!!!! Pens definitely outplayed the Wings in this period. Carry it over to the 2nd! :drink:

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Pens are on FIRE!!!!! Pens definitely outplayed the Wings in this period. Carry it over to the 2nd! :drink:

Looked like they overwelmed the Wings the last 8 minutes. Keep the presure on guys.

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 09:05 PM
NICE JOB GENO!!! Good work this period.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:09 PM
NICE JOB GENO!!! Good work this period.

Well....Stuart actually scored the goal, but Geno was the last to touch it. :chuckle: :thumbsup: Now he knows how the Pens felt last night. That was a HUGE break.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Pens are winning in the stats and the score board. Keep it going.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
GO PENS! Keep that domination going!

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
WTF??? First Staal gets smacked in the face with Osgood's stick in the 1st and now Samuelsson elbows him in the face. :mad:

Edman
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Pens outplaying the Red Wings, but still only up by one.

There's still plenty of time for Detroit to get their fluke goals in.

Edman
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Great Fans.

I see empty seats in Joe Louis.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
WTF??? First Staal gets smacked in the face with Osgood's stick in the 1st and now Samuelsson elbows him in the face. :mad:

Looked like a convenience accidents to me.

Edman
05-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Malkin so close!

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Damn - Geno hit the pipe!!! :banging:

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
WOW!!! :horror:

Get those assholes out from in front of our net damn it!

Edman
05-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Red Wings tie it up. That was no fluke this time.

You never give the Red Wings second chances.

HometownGal
G DAMN IT.

Of course the freakin' ref missed the interference on Malkin. :mad:

We've got to answer here.

SteelCityMan786
FLEURY PLAY FURTHER BACK IN THE CREASE!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 09:22 PM
G DAMN IT.

Of course the freakin' ref missed the interference on Malkin. :mad:

We've got to answer here.

Missed Helm interfering Fleury to.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Pens better wake up here - Wings have the momentum now.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Malkin is sick and tired of being interfered with and I don't blame him. It's beyond ridiculous. :mad:

Pens on PK. Hold strong here!

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crushzilla
Ridiculous on every level.

SteelCityMan786
GARBAGE!!!! Why was there no call for slashing Hossa???

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
What a crock of shit. Hossa deliberately breaks Max's stick, gets away with it and then they knock Fleury down and put the puck in the net. This is downright unbelievable.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
And the Wings fans have the audacity to say that the refs make all the calls for the Pens and the league wants the Pens to win the Cup.

BULL SHIT!

Texasteel
Is this what you call home cooking?

Crushzilla
The shot WAS pretty great, but the lead-up to the shot was crap.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:35 PM
btw - Hal Gill is having an outstanding game. :drink:

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
The only way we're going to get anything behind Baby New Year is to crash the net like we did before. The guy has 8 pairs of eyes.

JEFF4i
05-31-2009, 09:37 PM
How is this crap not called? Playcalling is as bad as it was last year, these calls are ridiculous

Edman
05-31-2009, 09:37 PM
The league wants the Penguins to win the cup eh, Wings fans?

This sucks hardcore dogshit.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 09:38 PM
btw - Hal Gill is having an outstanding game. :drink:

I noticed that.

HometownGal
Jesus Christ - Billy G hit the post. Ughhhhh.

Crushzilla
Hal Gill just PUSHES people over.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Where's Mr. B & M tonight?

Crushzilla
05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
ANOTHER very good scoring opportunity.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:43 PM
ANOTHER very good scoring opportunity.

They've got to keep firing on Osgood - something's going to go in.

fansince'76
05-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Where's Mr. B & M tonight?

Now that they fell behind, he'll probably show up any minute now.... :coffee:

Dodt
05-31-2009, 09:49 PM
come on tie it up before the intermition.

Edman
05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
No wonder the Wings win so much.

They play pre-lockout hockey and can get away with it. Blatant interference all over the ice. Including that atrocious uncalled goalie interference on Fleury. Detroit asstards will call it "talent" and "skill" though.

Now we really know what the Penguins are up against.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Now that they fell behind, he'll probably show up any minute now.... :coffee:

He can't rag on Gill tonight so he'll pick another scapegoat du jour. Hmmmm - who will it be? :scratchchin: :chuckle:

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
No wonder the Wings win so much.

They play pre-lockout hockey and can get away with it. Blatant interference all over the ice. Including that atrocious uncalled goalie interference on Fleury. Detroit asstards will call it "talent" and "skill" though.

Now we really know what the Penguins are up against.

BINGO. It's beyond pitiful that they continue to get away with this bullshit. :mad:

JEFF4i
05-31-2009, 10:00 PM
This is preposterous, bottom line. We'll win despite of it, but I see we are facing two teams this series.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
BINGO. It's beyond pitiful that they continue to get away with this bullshit. :mad:

I did want to say anything, they letting the Wings get away with a bunch of crap.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I did want to say anything, they letting the Wings get away with a bunch of crap.

That second goal should have been nullified because of the interference on Fleury. The Pens should have been on a PP after that shitbag Hossa's slash.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM
OK we won the 1st period, lost the 2nd. We'll take the game in the 3rd.

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:09 PM
So very frustrating. I'm literally besides myself right now.

Bylsma needs to reel the Pens back in and quick. They need to keep their composure and regain the 1st period coolness.

HometownGal
This is preposterous, bottom line. We'll win despite of it, but I see we are facing two teams this series.

Damned straight Jeff. Keep those good vibes going! :drink:

Whether we win it tonight or tie it up in the Burgh and take it to six or seven - we are going to win this series. :tt03:

RunWillieRun
Anyone who says the NHL/Bettman/Refs want the pens to win the cup must watch this game.

This is the worst officiated game I've seen all playoffs. Two BLATANT missed penalties directly lead to wings' goals. This is border line garbage league stuff. BULLSHIT

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:12 PM
OK we won the 1st period, lost the 2nd. We'll take the game in the 3rd.

I saw it as pretty even in the 2nd. Pens had some nice scoring opportunities but Baby New Year was using all 8 pairs of eyes and got a few lucky breaks in addition to help from the refs. I rarely ever complain about the refs, but tonight their favortism is blatantly obvious.

I also hate these NBC announcers. They've been sucking the Wings asses all night. I'm about ready to mute the TV and listen to Mike Lange.

DAMNNNNNNNN!!!! This is so damned frustrating. Again - so close.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Keep crashing the net guys. Next time, shove the puck up Osgood's ass and throw him into the net.

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:15 PM
No surprise. Not enough evidence.

Come on Pens. Keep on fighting. YOU CAN TIE THIS GAME!!!!

Crushzilla
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Dodt
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
dang.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Another LUCKY garbage goal. :banging:

Crushzilla
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
It's so painful for that to happen to the Pens.

They've played well.

RunWillieRun
05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Two games in a row Zetterberg covers the puck in the crease...

Two automatic penalty shots not awarded.

Un-be-profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering-lievable

Dodt
05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
nice hit.

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Another LUCKY garbage goal. :banging:

I don't know WHY IN THE WORLD IT WASN'T REVIEWED!!! From what I have seen on each replay it bounced on the top crossbar and hit the line and came right back out which by definition is not a goal.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Two games in a row Zetterberg covers the puck in the crease...

Two automatic penalty shots not awarded.

Exactly. If the Pens were playing poorly, I'd have nothing to complain about, but they're playing good disciplined hockey, doing just about everything right and are still getting screwed royally.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I wish those Wings fans would STFU with their "Fleury" catcalls. Goalies tune that shit out.

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Bad Bounces. One sided officiating. Missed Opportunities.

This is absolutely sickening. It's going to take a miracle now to avoid going down 0-2.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't know WHY IN THE WORLD IT WASN'T REVIEWED!!! From what I have seen on each replay it bounced on the top crossbar and hit the line and came right back out which by definition is not a goal.

I had the same thought, Matt.

Lots of time left in this game - c'mon guys you can do it.

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:29 PM
STFU Wings fans. You have nothing to boo about - your team has gotten away with murder tonight. :upyours:

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:30 PM
STFU Wings fans. You have nothing to boo about - your team has gotten away with murder tonight. :upyours:

It's good to see someone knows my anger. :tt03:

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
If Dead Things have anything to boo about, it's their empty seats and...virtually nothing.

They have the refs in the pockets. They have NOTHING to bitch about.

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:35 PM
If Dead Things have anything to boo about, it's their empty seats and...virtually nothing.

They have the refs in the pockets. They have NOTHING to bitch about.

There won't be one Tuesday.

Crushzilla
05-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Urgency?

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
If you think we're frustrated and pissed off, think of how our guys feel. :mad:

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Danny needs to call Timeout.

Crushzilla
05-31-2009, 10:41 PM
We know... they mention your city in a song. Congratulations.

Crushzilla
05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
What the hell just happened?

HometownGal
GENO!!!! :banana:

Pens are tired of their shit.

SteelCityMan786
KEEP YOUR DAMN COMPOSURE!!!!

Edman
Last year, we were soundly outplayed by a superior Wings team.

This year, we're playing well enough to win, but not finishing. Oh yeah, and the Dead Things are pulling some blatant illegal shit. Have the Pens even had a Power Play in this game?

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
GENO!!!! :banana:

Pens are tired of their shit.

Let this be a repeat of the Max Talbot fight.

Dodt
come on guys your better than that.

HometownGal
I guess only the Wings get credit for a goal when they interfere with OUR goaltender. Doesn't work vice-versa. :upyours:

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm tired of this shit too. Play angry but composed, Penguins! You can steal this!

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Last year, we were soundly outplayed by a superior Wings team.

This year, we're playing well enough to win, but not finishing. Oh yeah, and the Dead Things are pulling some blatant illegal shit. Have the Pens even had a Power Play in this game?

Yes - midway through the 1st.

The Pens have had a ton of scoring opportunities but they can't get it past that brick wall. Very frustrating. They've played well and have no reason to hang their heads. They've just got to come up with a game plan that is going to work against 8 players on the ice for Detroit (their 6 and the 2 refs).

Dodt
05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
beat um in da burgh.

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
So there's your Final Score.

Detroit 1
Refs 2
Penguins 1 (-1 for No-Goal)

Back to Pittsburgh.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes - midway through the 1st.

The Pens have had a ton of scoring opportunities but they can't get it past that brick wall. Very frustrating. They've played well and have no reason to hang their heads. They've just got to come up with a game plan that is going to work against 8 players on the ice for Detroit (their 6 and the 2 refs).

Someone should be ashamed, but not the Pens:mad:. They played hard the whole game and never gave up. Things will be completely different at home. The boyz will not be denied. I'm proud of every one of them. It will be 2-2 before the end of the week.

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
So there's your Final Score.

Detroit 1
Refs 2
Penguins 1 (-1 for No-Goal)

Back to Pittsburgh.

You sure as hell won't see that in the box scores, but it should be.