PDA

View Full Version : Controversy rises over mounted patrols after officer shows support for Steelers

mesaSteeler
05-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Controversy rises over mounted patrols after officer shows support for Steelers
http://www.wxix.com/Global/story.asp?S=10436081
Posted: May 28, 2009 04:30 AM

By Steve Oldfield - bio | email
Posted by Trina Edwards - email

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Trouble is arising for Cincinnati's mounted patrol unit after one officer showed his loyalty to a football team.

An officer shaved the number '43' into his horse's neck, which is the number of one of the Pittsburgh Steelers most popular players, Troy Polamalu.

Somebody called the Citizen Complaint Authority and the complaint got passed all around City Hall. So now, the city manager's office has sent a memo to the police chief calling for an internal investigation.

"In his assessment he feels there's something to look at, so he brought in these independent investigators and we'll have to let that process work and see what it produces," said Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory.

City manager Milton Dohoney says in the memo, " At the center of all this is a patently silly incident that is the epitome of horse play gone awry...pun intended."

Dohoney says he feels like the incident should be looked into because there are reports of some officers lying about the situation when the issue came to light.
(Copyright 2009 WXIX-TV and Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

(With all the criminals on the bungholes you would think the police would have better things to do than to investigate themselves. Oh well this is what I would expect to happen in Queen City. - mesa)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-28-2009, 08:13 AM
And while all this is going on..... The drugs are being run around the streets, women are being raped, children are being beat, and the bengals playres are commiting all the crimes

NEPAsteeler
05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
I guess they got tired of hearing about Bungles players commiting crimes so they're gonna start a controversy over this. :noidea:

stillers4me
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Trust me, if the guy had done the same thing to support the Cards, everyone would have thought it was cute. This town absolutely hates the Steelers.

CPanther95
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
He's probably the only Cincinnati cop that joined the "mounted police" knowing he'd be on a horse.

SteelMember
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
What a complete waste of time, effort and money.

There seems to be a lot of assumption here on this big cover up.

Why didn't the horse just come out and say...

"I'm a big racing fan, and Richard Petty is still the KING!" :chuckle:

:yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw:

Three Wide!

7SteelGal43
05-28-2009, 11:32 AM
He's probably the only Cincinnati cop that joined the "mounted police" knowing he'd be on a horse.

:toofunny:

steelreserve
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I guess they got tired of hearing about Bungles players commiting crimes so they're gonna start a controversy over this. :noidea:

Oh, don't you worry. They're about due for a DUI or a strip club fight. It'll happen any day now.

mulldog24
05-28-2009, 11:58 AM
And while all this is going on..... The drugs are being run around the streets, women are being raped, children are being beat, and the bengals playres are commiting all the crimes

:rofl::toofunny::chuckle:thats awasome!!!!!!!!1

tunes4life
05-28-2009, 01:15 PM
No! He's just a huge fan of safety Tom Nelson! Man, the city is so damn paranoid!

NEPAsteeler
05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh, don't you worry. They're about due for a DUI or a strip club fight. It'll happen any day now.

I just figured that maybe they've come to expect a daily occurance from someone on the team doing something :chuckle:

CanadianSteel
05-28-2009, 02:09 PM
If he would have shaved that blabbermouth Number 85 instead he would have been given a medal most likely.
Nice waste of tax payers money on the investigation.

VinnySteel
05-28-2009, 03:38 PM
No! He's just a huge fan of safety Tom Nelson! Man, the city is so damn paranoid!

I thought about if the cities were reversed and say the officer shaved 85 in his horse for Ochocino and I think people in Pittsburgh would be like "what a moron, Nate signed with Tennessee". Besides that, his fellow officers wouldn't even let him live it down so I doubt it would have made the papers like it did in Cincy. Too funny.

Milkman
05-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I didn't know that Cincy was part of nazi Germany...:doh:

tony hipchest
05-28-2009, 07:59 PM
chill out people.

this isnt just about the steelers or being anti- steelers. cincy seems to be targeting all of its mounted nfl fans.

reports are, the forensics dept is still gathering evidence to determine if one of the officers shaved an image of ochocinco onto his horses ass.
:hunch:

CPanther95
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Sadly, another Cincinnati cop is a Cowboys fan. He gave his mare a Brazilian.

triphahn
05-28-2009, 11:41 PM
It says they feel officers were lying about the situation. What situation? Is this for real cause thats the craziest thing I ever heard

Galax Steeler
05-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Whats the big deal he shaved a number on his horse. They shouldn't complain about that.

Kindjunior
05-29-2009, 08:00 AM
They should probably sign the horse to a 3 yr deal. They could use the help on defense.

fansince'76
05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
What a productive use of tax dollars. :yawn:

HometownGal
05-29-2009, 08:24 AM
reports are, the forensics dept is still gathering evidence to determine if one of the officers shaved an image of ochocinco onto his horses ass.
:hunch:

No one would be able to tell them apart.

SteelMember
05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
No one would be able to tell them apart.

Wouldn't that make it an ass's ass...wait, that's shannon sharpe. :laughing:

HeeHaw! HeeHaw!

Edman
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
So why is this a story again? As long as the dude does his job, this shouldn't be an issue.

Oh wait. It's Cincinnati. Never mind.

Milkman
05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
So why is this a story again? As long as the dude does his job, this shouldn't be an issue.

Oh wait. It's Cincinnati. Never mind.

Exactly.