PDA

View Full Version : Partying with the Pens

cakmakli
05-28-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't know if it's true or not but I'd like to think it is.

It's about a guy that runs into some of the Pens in Raleigh after Game 4 and gets to party with Talbot, Kennedy and Letang at a bar called the Goat.

LINK (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f14/my-run-pittsburgh-penguins-121877/)

X-Terminator
05-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I've already read this, as I am a member of that site (I will not disclose my screen name). Good read, and I do believe the guy who posted it. He wouldn't make it up.

Fire Haley
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
That was an amazing story.

How lucky can a guy get?

OneForTheToe
05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't have an experience like this guy. Great story.

I do remember back in the late eighties(89 -90, I think), when we would spend a lot of time in the burgh on weekends at clubs, we used to see Pens' players at one of the clubs we frequented. I can't remember the name of this one club, but it might have been the one that eventually was turned into Rod Woodson's restaurant. What I do remember about the place is that it had a raised inside balcony where you could just see above an average persons shoulders. We would often see Pens' players coming or going into the club, or just spy them in the private balcony. I recall seeing Barrasso going in one night and thinking: man that is a big dude. I never think of goalies as being big guys because they are so frequently crouching, but he was. Also, recall seeing Stevens talking to a little honey on the way in as well.

That is as close as I have ever come to meeting a Pens' player.:noidea:

Hammer67
06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I met Mario at a Best Buy, of all places. He was buying some DVD's with his kid. Didn't really bother him, as most people were keeping there distance.

Steel Head
06-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I finally got around to reading that story.....that was a great story! Hockey players are so down to Earth and cool