PDA

View Full Version : Why will we win?

clevestinks
01-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Give me your why`s, NO why nots.

I`ll go first!

This is the same team, that way back in August, we all thought would compete for the Superbowl this season. Nothing has changed there, in the middle of this season we had a couple big injuries, namely Ben. We thought, as everybody did, that we had a more than capable backup quarterback. We were wrong. Ben is so much smarter as a qb now than he was not just from last year, but from just a few weeks ago he has grown. Last week he dumped off short nothing passes, and avoided the turnovers. We didn`t have a back last season that could go the distance, after breaking a couple tackles. Well it isn`t that we didn`t have him, we just didn`t realize we had him. We all know Hines Ward and we do`nt worry about him. But finally El and Wilson are both stepping up thier game. Our offense this weekend can keep us in the game. But was not ready to play last game, he came back from the knee injury early just to play in that game, and like it or not he was rusty. He will control the tempo of the game, short passes to Heath, another upgrade from last season, nice screen passes to Willie. And an occasional 25 to 30 yard pass. They, the colts, think they can put everyone up in the box, ben will make them pay.

Our defense worries me at times, especially against the short passing game, and we know that we will get beat deep at least once. But if we can apply pressure to Manning, and beat him up a little, we will be fine. With Manning its all about the pressure. His O`line is the weakest link. We must dominate the Oline. This is a must. Keep them 21 or under we win.

Our secret weapon. The Bus. Whether he plays alot or not. Our entire team really wants this for him, I don`t think that anyone could argue that. He is a big part of our motivation.

You heard it here first. Steelers 27- colts 21.

I can feel it! We Win! We Win!

Nobody is giving us a chance! But I have heard more than one person say that" The winner of this game will win it all" i just hope we do`nt get to big for our britches, after this win!

My Two Cents,
Clevestinks

SteelerFanInCA
01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I agree with you Cleve. I believe the composure and confidence Big Ben is showing will take us a long way come Sunday. There are just too many weapons now in our offense for us not to be able to put points on the board.

BLEED BLUE
01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I think this post did'nt work out last time. What makes you think it will be any different. It was no fluke you lost 26-7. You might not get one play off!! PIPPED IN NOISE!!!!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I think this post did'nt work out last time. What makes you think it will be any different. It was no fluke you lost 26-7. You might not get one play off!! PIPPED IN NOISE!!!!!
The only thing Pipped is your crack pipe that your are hittng on.

Sharkissle29
01-12-2006, 05:34 PM
next time, raise your hand and wait to be called on before you say something retarded.

why we'll win....
we're more physical and our defense will stop peyton. he was a bit confused last game, and we'll play off of that. we will pound them with the run, the bus will have a good game...and willie will get by that front 8. big ben will play off the PA pass, and rip their DB's a new *******.

Steelers 27
Colts 13

69ChargerRT
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I want to think we will win, but I honestly doubt it. Sorry...but that's how I feel.

However;

If we can avoid false starts and get a couple scores early....
If the Colts D doesn't get pressure on Ben....
If our secondary can play their top game....
If we can effectively run the ball *when* we want....
If we get BIG plays from our special teams....

Then yes...we can win.

Maybe I'm preparing myself for the worst (like that's really gonna help me :rolleyes: ), but I just don't feel we've played well enough and consistantly enough to beat a team like the Colts. Hopefully, I am wrong (God, do I hope I'm wrong).

Sharkissle29
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I want to think we will win, but I honestly doubt it. Sorry...but that's how I feel.

However;

If we can avoid false starts and get a couple scores early....
If the Colts D doesn't get pressure on Ben....
If our secondary can play their top game....
If we can effectively run the ball *when* we want....
If we get BIG plays from our special teams....

Then yes...we can win.

Maybe I'm preparing myself for the worst (like that's really gonna help me :rolleyes: ), but I just don't feel we've played well enough and consistantly enough to beat a team like the Colts. Hopefully, I am wrong (God, do I hope I'm wrong).
and you call yourself a fan....HAVE FAITH BROTHER!!!!

SteelCityMan786
01-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Piping in noise is against the rules. We got more dome expierence now. And You Forgot we are 4-0 against the Colts in the Playoffs.

tony hipchest
01-12-2006, 05:43 PM
i will defer my answer to joey porter. big ben is ready to win

ben 2-1 playoff record vs.
peyton 3-5

1 more win and ben ties peyton for career playoff victories. thats hilarious. you think ben dont know that, and is using it to drive him?

Sharkissle29
01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
steelers played that colts game without a silent count if you can remember. well....now they have one. expect a HUGE difference

nu4everfan15
01-12-2006, 06:02 PM
simply stated... if they run the bus alil more up front and get parker to cut the ball back and show that he really does have the vision to compete... ward needs to be big in this game, heath 2. The o-line needs to and will protect ben on passing downs. the third down conversions will tell who wins this game, not unlike many games, but i think this is real real important in this game especially

69ChargerRT
01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
steelers played that colts game without a silent count if you can remember. well....now they have one. expect a HUGE difference

I understand that, and I do have faith....but remember we had several false starts using the silent count against the Vikes.

Don't get me wrong folks, I ain't trying to rain on our parade....I just...ahhh phuck it.

:chug:

clevestinks
01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
We were`nt prepared last game. Just let the Colts takes us litely!

tony hipchest
01-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I understand that, and I do have faith....but remember we had several false starts using the silent count against the Vikes.

Don't get me wrong folks, I ain't trying to rain on our parade....I just...ahhh phuck it.

:chug:

lol. nothing wrong with keeping things in perspective. good thing a few beers can wash all that perspective away!:cool:

Prosdo
01-12-2006, 06:22 PM
I think we have a much better chance this game. The Steelers are out of their funk. They have gone back to running the ball. Ben and Marvel are going to do better this game. The Steelers are prepared for the noise factor. Ben is probably playing his best football at the right time.

BLEED BLUE
01-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Piping in noise is against the rules. We got more dome expierence now. And You Forgot we are 4-0 against the Colts in the Playoffs.

We got more DOME expierence? What did you do cram in Minn. Come on We are'nt the Vikes. Guys you can practice silent counts all you want. Your Oline is either 1. Going to have to watch the ball. Or 2 Watch the Defender. Watch the Ball and Frenney is all ready laying on top of Ben. Watch the Defender and false start. You cant figure it out in a few weeks. You are going to so disappointed.

BLEED BLUE
01-12-2006, 07:22 PM
next time, raise your hand and wait to be called on before you say something retarded.

why we'll win....
we're more physical and our defense will stop peyton. he was a bit confused last game, and we'll play off of that. we will pound them with the run, the bus will have a good game...and willie will get by that front 8. big ben will play off the PA pass, and rip their DB's a new *******.

Steelers 27
Colts 13

I was waiting for the more Physical post. Who was the most physical last time out. You all still have nitemares about BOB SANDERS!!

Brady12
01-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Because Big Ben said Pittsburgh would win... Oh wait, he said Indy would have to play bad.

I have no reason, except Pittsburgh will win, because they have more determination.. hows that.

tony hipchest
01-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I was waiting for the more Physical post. Who was the most physical last time out. You all still have nitemares about BOB SANDERS!!

bob sanders? is that all you got? lol. because he tackled willie parker? more lol. lets see him step up to the plate with the bus.

this is hilarious. jerome bettis is shaking in his boots cause of bob sanders. you think p. manning can sack up and try to tackle t. polamalu after an int like a more physical carson palmer tried? (giving up 7 inches and 40 lbs. and still got bowled over) the answer is no.

stand undefeated
01-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Hmm.... my few points.

Defense needs to get in Manning's FACE, let the presence be known, make him get antsy
Defense needs to play atleast like the last meeting, barring huge td pass
Establish a running game, doesn't need to be a 200+ performance
Big Ben needs to spread the ball around, have an above average game
Special teams needs to step up and get our offense good field position
This game will come down to Jeff Reed's foot, he needs to be feeling good

Obviously i'm stating the obvious, but you know what i mean.

Dillusional 31-30 Steelers

Non-Dillusional 33 - 23 Colts

69ChargerRT
01-12-2006, 07:37 PM
lol. nothing wrong with keeping things in perspective. good thing a few beers can wash all that perspective away!:cool:

Thanks, it's nice to see another Steelers Fan who likes to keep it real. :toast:

To all those that are so convinced the game will play out one way or another, I ask you this: Have you never heard the truest of all phrases "On any given Sunday" ????

Peace, and lets go Steelers!

Justin Otstott
01-12-2006, 07:41 PM
everybody cleared it up already but I belive we can win as long as Ben plays great and our D dont give up big plays!!