PDA

View Full Version : OT Jon Jansen Released

steelerdave1969
05-29-2009, 03:48 PM
I was kind of thinking that maybe this guy could give the Steelers a couple years maybe.. what you all think?...

Redskins release Jansen

The Redskins have released veteran right tackle Jon Jansen, the team announced on Friday.

Jansen met with Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder, head coach Jim Zorn and executive vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato at Redskins Park on Friday morning.

Ive developed a close relationship with Jon and his family over the last 10 years and I have the utmost respect for him as a person and a player," Snyder said. "He has been an important part of our organization for the past decade. We wish Jon and his family the very best.

Jansen, 33, was entering his 11th season in Washington since the team selected him in the second round of the 1999 NFL Draft. He was the longest-tenured player on the roster.

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 03:49 PM
No money, honey. Fuggitaboutit.

Psyychoward86
05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Our O-line problems are way overrated. Why dont you give our current O-line a chance together for one season first?

steelreserve
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I say sign him for the vet minimum, plus a $2.5 million incentive bonus if he stabs Max Starks to death and gets us out of that guaranteed $8.5 million franchise contract.

See? We have the cap space to do it.

steelerdave1969
05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Exactly what I was thinking here Reserve.. Tell Starks and his agent to get this thing done or we are gonna take care of business elsewhere. Starks is NOT worth the $$$ the Steelers are giving him and they know it and Starks does to and that is the reason is gonna enjoy this upcoming season making more $$$ with the Steelers than he could anywhere else...

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I dont think we have the cap space for Jansen, but he is a guy I would have had no problem with us signing for a reasonable price.

This is why I was so much in favour of saving $8.5 mil this year and $7.9 last year on Starks. Guys like Jansen and Willie Anderson get released and can step in for a couple seasons while rookies get acclamated to the NFL.

But, the Steelers have not drafted a LT prospect to groom for the spot, unless they truly believe Tony Hills is that guy. Its why I was such a fan of getting either William Beatty, Anthony Collins or Eben Britton in the past 2 years of the draft.

Psyychoward86
05-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I think i saw him sign for one year with the lions on ESPN...

Edman
05-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Isn't Jansen the same guy Silverback and Woodley abused in the Monday Night game last year?

DACEB
05-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Exactly what I was thinking here Reserve.. Tell Starks and his agent to get this thing done or we are gonna take care of business elsewhere. Starks is NOT worth the $$$ the Steelers are giving him and they know it and Starks does to and that is the reason is gonna enjoy this upcoming season making more $$$ with the Steelers than he could anywhere else...

If Starks signed the 'tag contract', I think he's the only one that can undo it. I don't think the team can now tear it up. I think they could only pull it back before he signed.

devilsdancefloor
05-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Isn't Jansen the same guy Silverback and Woodley abused in the Monday Night game last year?

yup the lions can have him

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-01-2009, 04:05 PM

No. Harrison beat Chris Samuels for 1.5 sacks that game. Woodley beat Jansen for 2 sacks, but 1 came on the last play of the 1st half as Jason Campbell was sacked on the Redskins 27 to end the half.

Hardly what I would call.......abused.