PDA

View Full Version : Brian Robiskie

Steel-Bryan
05-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Man, i wish we would have drafted this guy. No lie, i think hes gunna be a GREAT receiver. What do you guys think ? :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
05-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Man, i wish we would have drafted this guy. No lie, i think hes gunna be a GREAT receiver. What do you guys think ? :noidea:i agree ....i actually thought he might have went in the first rd ....i wouldn't be suprised to see him and kenny britt end up being the 2 best receivers out of that class....i would have taken either one of them over nicks or harvin ..:popcorn:

Steel-Bryan
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
im telling you man, hes gunna be the next "best" receiver.

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 08:36 PM
ive heard a bunch of his interviews.

talent aside, hes got all the character, knowledge and work ethic any team could ask for.

probably every talking head ive heard says he is the most pro ready wr in this years draft.

barring injury, theres no reason he shouldnt be a 10-12 year starter in the nfl.

Steel-Bryan
05-29-2009, 10:14 PM
idk, ive always been a fan of his since this interview on espn i saw.

SteelersinCA
05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
He really likes to alligator arm catch, which barely worked at OSU and won't work in the NFL.

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
so does TO

CantStop85
05-30-2009, 12:50 AM
i agree ....i actually thought he might have went in the first rd ....i wouldn't be suprised to see him and kenny britt end up being the 2 best receivers out of that class....i would have taken either one of them over nicks or harvin ..:popcorn:

I'm a pretty big fan of Hakeem Nicks myself...that guy was utterly amazing at UNC, I think he could end up being a #1 in the NFL.

MasterOfPuppets
05-30-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of Hakeem Nicks myself...that guy was utterly amazing at UNC, I think he could end up being a #1 in the NFL.

oh there's no denying his NC days.... its the after that turned me off to him....

Unfortunately for the North Carolina receiver, that's not what most scouts and GMs remember. They remember how out of shape he was on March 17, when he showed up for his pro day weighing 14 pounds more than he did at the scouting combine less than four weeks earlier. They remember how he couldn't participate in most of the drills.
how in the hell do you gain 14 pds in 4 weeks ? lots of beer and pizza......:doh:

Then came his pro day in Chapel Hill, N.C., when he was alarmingly out of shape. Nicks blamed his weight gain on his inability to work out due to a hamstring he injured at the scouting combine in late February. Regardless of the reason, several key members of the Giants' staff were sufficiently alarmed, the source said.
so hamstring injury = fat? more like ham = fat ..... i just question the guys committment to football ...... just like the tub of shit the bengals took at # 6....:noidea: .....maybe he gets it together....maybe not....

revefsreleets
05-30-2009, 05:10 AM
He really likes to alligator arm catch, which barely worked at OSU and won't work in the NFL.

You DO know that there are like 45 OSU players in the NFL right now, don't you? Seriously, you can look it up...and some of those guys are Pro Bowlers and really solid players, believe it or not.

Hell, the Steelers even have MVP Santo Holmes.

The myopic hate for all things Buckeyes is boring, silly, and over-the-top ridiculous.

Back on task, Robiskie will definitely be a good one as long as he gets separation, and he's one of the WR's who can do it simply by running really solid routes.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Robiske is the most solid route runner in the 2009 NFL draft. He's not a burner, but unlike "Superstar" Braylon Edwards, Robiske can catch the damn ball. Barring injury, he should have a loooong NFL career.

The Duke
05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Robiskie will easily become better than Edwards. Browns fans are gonna love him

Just like sweed last year, the only WRs I liked from this drafts

ike will shut him down though

xfl2001fan
05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
ike will shut him down though

Doubtful.

The Duke
05-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Doubtful.

Yeah you're right, they probably put townsend on him :flap:

ike's gotta take care of the (overated) big play threat Edwards. in a year or two though robiskie will be the #1 receiver threat

xfl2001fan
05-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah you're right, they probably put townsend on him :flap:

ike's gotta take care of the (overated) big play threat Edwards. in a year or two though robiskie will be the #1 receiver threat

They should put Townsend on him. Ike's the better CB, right?

I'd put him on Edwards...then watch him drop the easy pass when Ike slips up.

Steel-Bryan
05-31-2009, 06:09 PM
we shudve gotten robiske, im telling you

xfl2001fan
05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
we shudve gotten robiske, im telling you

When? He wasn't dropping to the 2nd...and if you'd paid a 1st round pick...the entire Steelers nation would have been up in arms for not getting O-line or D-line. As it is...most of the uneducated Steelers fans were completely asinine in their reaction to the Steelers draft.

MasterOfPuppets
05-31-2009, 08:42 PM
When? He wasn't dropping to the 2nd...and if you'd paid a 1st round pick...the entire Steelers nation would have been up in arms for not getting O-line or D-line. As it is...most of the uneducated Steelers fans were completely asinine in their reaction to the Steelers draft.
amen ... while i do think roby would have been worthy of pick 32, it certainly would have been a frivilous pick....nice pickup for the brownies though

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
I kind of think he has Amani Toomer type game. Not gonna scare you with blazing speed, but has enough to keep CB's honest and runs good routes.

Toomer was never a big time NFL WR, but has been productive for a long time.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Pretty much every Browns fan after the pick was pissed we didn't get Maulauga, and thought we picked him too high.

I actually like the pick, he's the perfect compliment to Braylon, as his game is sort of Joe Jurevicious's, Possession guy.

I also think it's funny the other reciever we drafted sounded like a guy that would have been drafted by the Rats.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DImCG5TvM6o/SJm6zNuqPLI/AAAAAAAAAQg/atFgR5PPh7o/s400/UGAblackout_Massaquoi_TD_jc.jpg

JAZZ HANDS!

:lol:

MasterOfPuppets
06-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Pretty much every Browns fan after the pick was pissed we didn't get Maulauga, and thought we picked him too high.

ummmm....most browns fans thought DA was the second coming of dan marino .....the same fans think at the beginning of the year is "the year" .....:chuckle: seriously though....you guys watch a bunch of crap on your tv every sunday, how in the hell can they judge talent, if they've never seen it ? :laughing: oh wait...i said seriously...my bad :doh:

revefsreleets
06-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Maualuga is exactly where he should be: Cincy.

He'll be arraigned for the first time probably by late November. My guess is DUI...

CantStop85
06-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Maualuga is exactly where he should be: Cincy.

He'll be arraigned for the first time probably by late November. My guess is DUI...

Really? I was thinking more like late September for assault and battery...on Ben Roethlisberger. :chuckle:

Steel-Bryan
06-01-2009, 11:23 PM
amen ... while i do think roby would have been worthy of pick 32, it certainly would have been a frivilous pick....nice pickup for the brownies though

Well, Im happy with our draft and everything, im just saying, i wouldve been happy if we would have gotten robiskie. Mike wallce i think will be pretty good in a few years too.