PDA

View Full Version : “Jesus kill Mohammed!” chanted the interpreter. “Jesus kill Mohammed!”

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Jesus killed Mohammed:
The crusade for a Christian military

The rest of that Easter was spent under siege. Insurgents held off Bravo Company, which was called in to rescue the men in the compound. Ammunition ran low. A helicopter tried to drop more but missed. As dusk fell, the men prepared four Bradley Fighting Vehicles for a “run and gun” to draw fire away from the compound.

Humphrey headed down from the roof to get a briefing. He found his lieutenant, John D. DeGiulio, with a couple of sergeants. They were snickering like schoolboys. They had commissioned the Special Forces interpreter, an Iraqi from Texas, to paint a legend across their Bradley’s armor, in giant red Arabic script.

“What’s it mean?” asked Humphrey.

“Jesus killed Mohammed,” one of the men told him. The soldiers guffawed. JESUS KILLED MOHAMMED was about to cruise into the Iraqi night.

The Bradley, a tracked “tank killer” armed with a cannon and missiles—to most eyes, indistinguishable from a tank itself—rolled out. The Iraqi interpreter took to the roof, bullhorn in hand. The sun was setting. Humphrey heard the keen of the call to prayer, then the crackle of the bullhorn with the interpreter answering—in Arabic, then in English for the troops, insulting the prophet. Humphrey’s men loved it. “They were young guys, you know?” says Humphrey. “They were scared.” A Special Forces officer stood next to the interpreter—“a big, tall, blond, grinning type,” says Humphrey.

“Jesus kill Mohammed!” chanted the interpreter. “Jesus kill Mohammed!”

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/0082488

-----------------------------------

Ha Ha!

Harpers just figured this out?

It's been a Holy War from the start.

Discuss

steelwall
05-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Not PC, but I think it's funny as hell.

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 06:51 PM
I could say something really bad, like...

Let them fight it out in a cage match - Jesus vs. Mohammed

(Go Jesus!)

Winner takes all the souls.

Winner supplies pizza and beer.

Everyone rejoices.

steelwall
05-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Well if you think about it, you want to draw fire away from a compound thats a pretty smart way of insureing that vechicle is going to get shot at... Pretty dam creative if you ask me.

Fire Haley
05-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I think it just means.

"Get some!"

soldiers get bored, ya know

steelwall
05-29-2009, 07:40 PM
I think it just means.

"Get some!"

soldiers get bored, ya know

Yeah but I'm thinking of the strategical value...:chuckle:

Godfather
05-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Well if you think about it, you want to draw fire away from a compound thats a pretty smart way of insureing that vechicle is going to get shot at... Pretty dam creative if you ask me.

Plus they'll all want a piece of that tank and that will goad them into giving away their position.

Preacher
05-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Funny thing how it may or may not be seen as kosher here in the states.

However, those same people in Iraq that get so offended, will walk into a mosque, start shooting, then when the mosque is bombed, will circulate flyers that the evil American devils are bombing places of worship.

I don't like the name of my savior being used that way... but I sure do understand it.

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 08:47 PM
dont we have allies in iraq who worship mohammed who also dont bomb mosques or spread propoganda.

on the flipside....

maybe the driver is just Jesus Gutierrez from San Diego, thinking of all the Mohammed Atta's of the world.

im not gonna take it the wrong way.

atleast it didnt say Jesus rape and kill Mohammed and then pillage the village.

:hunch: (that coulda been taken the wrong way.)

steelwall
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Go hugs an Iraqi insurgent and say sorry for our troops painting that on a vehicle that was realy bad of us.......feels sharp pain in back......"nevvverddd mind my fdrrriend" .....lets go... realizes sharp pain in back is a saber ....... whooopssss I was duppped!!!!!

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 09:34 PM
you talking to me, or are you just banging letters on the keyboard again?

i thought you were serving a self inflicted ban. :noidea:

why dont you go hug an insurgent and apologize? :hug:

otherwise, stick to your word and be done with me.

steelwall
05-29-2009, 10:39 PM
I am talking to myself.... even right now.

steelwall
05-29-2009, 10:44 PM
And if I was talking to someone else... I'd say I called for a ban from the mods, cause I broke from my chracter and told someone something they really didnt want to hear. never a self impossed one, but just thinking out loud here....someone with a brain would have noticed that...hmmmm..... people these days can't keep their cars between the lines, much less read between them......oh....how are me today.....I'm fine.... got some wotk to do, ok talk to me later bro.....you're that man self......I know me....we are aint we!!!!!

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 11:06 PM
:huh:

i thought tim lumber only posted in the blast furnace. :confused:
... .....

!!!!!

....!!!!

:laughing:

steelwall
05-29-2009, 11:13 PM
:huh:

i thought tim lumber only posted in the blast furnace. :confused:

:laughing:

Perhaps someone with a brain would know that 3 periods is an acceptable way to change thought in a sentence or iintroduce a seperate subject matter, but one related. Hmmmmm... but I guess people that worry about those things really have nothing better to do with their lives.

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Perhaps someone with a brain would know that 3 periods is an acceptable way to change thought in a sentence or iintroduce a seperate subject matter, but one related. Hmmmmm... but I guess people that worry about those things really have nothing better to do with their lives.

:nerd:

you need to go back and recount your periods then (and im not talking about the monthly)

HURRY! go edit post #13, and your last post may not make you look like such a dork. :propeller:

in fact, dont bother. its time to stick a fork in it.

people these days can't keep their cars between the lines, much less read between them......oh....how are me today.....I'm fine.... got some wotk to do, ok talk to me later bro.....you're that man self......I know me....we are aint we!!!!!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/thumbs_Motivational20Pictures2029_2.jpg

revefsreleets
05-30-2009, 04:54 AM
In other news...Obama is now going to keep troops in Iraq for another 10 years. This is oddly similar to the plan that both McCain and (oh, wait for it....big shocker here.........) Bush had!

Obama adopts another "failed Bush policy". It's been a couple days since his last...he was WAY overdue!

http://kdka.com/topstories/us.troops.iraq.2.1020074.html

steelwall
05-30-2009, 05:57 AM
HURRY! go edit post #13, and your last post may not make you look like such a dork. :

Last edited by tony hipchest; Yesterday at 11:49 PM.

Looks like some dork had to edit his own post. Nice............ notice>..................

Check out this edit:.......< really makes you look stupid using an edit as a comeback when you had to edit your own post.....end edit....talking to myself...<