PDA

View Full Version : Hood wants Pittsburgh again

mesaSteeler
05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Hood wants Pittsburgh again

May 29, 2009 11:20 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

BEREA, Ohio -- New Cleveland Browns free-agent signing Roderick Hood knows the Pittsburgh Steelers all too well. In fact, the veteran cornerback played his new division rival more recently than his Browns teammates.

Last season, Hood was a member of the Arizona Cardinals, who were runners-up to the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. He was on the field during Pittsburgh's game-winning drive, capped by Santonio Holmes' memorable catch in the back of the end zone.

After signing a one-year deal with Cleveland this week, Hood said he relishes the two opportunities this season to make up for that last-minute defeat to the Steelers.

"Definitely," Hood said. "That was definitely a tough loss that we had, but at the same time the Steelers are always going to be competitive. We're in a pretty good division. So we get a chance to go against the Steelers, and playing against them you find out where your team is. I look forward to it."

Hood, who started 14 games for Arizona last season, was quick to point out that he wasn't in the vicinity of Holmes during Pittsburgh's game-winning play. Hood says he was on the other side of the end zone during the touchdown catch.

The seventh-year cornerback was released by the Cardinals this offseason after the team signed former Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden in free agency.

LVSteelersfan
05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Hood will be in trouble on that defense. Get ready to get rocked. You don't want a piece of this. :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofu nny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Preacher
05-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Gotta admit...

I admire the old school respect. It came across as, "Yeah, they beat me.... Now let me get at em twice this year to rectify it for myself!"

I really like that attitude.

Unfortunately, the Browns haven't beat us in what, almost a decade now? :rofl:

Maybe he shoulda joined the Raiders. We have more problems with them then the Browns.

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
We're in a pretty good division. So we get a chance to go against the Steelers, and playing against them you find out where your team is. I look forward to it."

.hey hood...

let me give you a map.

your team is in ohio which means you pretty much suck. get used to it.

:globe:

Godfather
05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I saw him get JACKED UP in Baton Rouge several years ago. Best hit I've ever seen in person.

Edman
05-29-2009, 09:14 PM
The "Remember Last Year: Browns Edition" is hilarious.

Shoes
05-29-2009, 09:20 PM
hey hood...

let me give you a map.

:chuckle:

triphahn
05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Careful what you wish for.

brick
05-30-2009, 12:36 AM
he shouldn't feel too bad, he should have known that after the loss the cards would try to raid our team (again), just so happened they got somebody from us that took his job.

like the winning attitude, too bad he's in cleveland though

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Someone should tell him that signing with Cleveland gives him no shot to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Have fun losing to the Steelers three times within less than 12 months this season Hood. No Super Bowl rings for you!

MasterOfPuppets
05-30-2009, 04:24 AM
hey hood...

let me give you a map.

don't give him the bunker map......:doh:

Galax Steeler
05-30-2009, 07:20 AM
All I can say is be carefull for what you wish for. He could get a dose of a Hines Ward hit.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-30-2009, 09:30 AM
His team gets beat in the big game by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Then an ex-Pittsburgh Steeler coach thinks he is expendable enough that he replaces him with a...Pittsburgh Steeler.

That has GOT to suck!!!!!

Fordy
05-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Cool. Bring it.:popcorn:

KeiselPower99
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Hmm Watch what ya wish for buddy