PDA

View Full Version : The Bears are building

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Being from Illinois I hate to give any credit to the Bears...but WOW...they are building for the future!!!

They picked up Chris Williams last year and though he was out due to back surgery , he is expected to be a top-notch O-lineman.They grabbed their first franchise QB in 25 years by signing Jay Cutler. They picked up incredible value on day two of this years draft in DE physical freak, Jarron Gilbert... potential starter at slot reciever and great route runner, Juaquin Iglesias...draft steal and potential starting CB D.J. Moore...and NOW they have signed MLB Pisa Tinoisamoa

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=297241&src=148

I have them penciled in as winning the NFC North already!!! Cant wait until the Steelers come into Chicago this year!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2009, 09:32 AM
I expect the Bears to be a good team, but I still am giving the edge in the North to the Vikings. Even if they don't get Favre, if whoever ends up playing QB for them at least manages the game they will be a force to be reckoned with with their run game and defense.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I expect the Bears to be a good team, but I still am giving the edge in the North to the Vikings. Even if they don't get Favre, if whoever ends up playing QB for them at least manages the game they will be a force to be reckoned with with their run game and defense.

Alot of that is going to depend on Jackson...and if the two Williams's get their suspension before the season is over.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Alot of that is going to depend on Jackson...and if the two Williams's get their suspension before the season is over.

The biggest problem with Jackson is consistency. He'll play one game so well you think he turned the corner, then the next week he has a four interception game.

If they just ask him to manage the game, I think the Vikings will be a very dangerous team.

If the Williams get suspended for the first four games of the season (which is what I suspect if the court rules that the NFL had every right to suspend them) the Vikings don't play a murders row to open the season.

9/13 @ Cleveland
9/20 @ Detroit
9/27 v. San Fransisco
10/5 v. Green Bay

So they could easily come out of the suspensions 3-1 with the only loss being against Green Bay. Hell, they could be 4-0 if Green Bay's defense isn't playing well in their first year converting to the 3-4 defense.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I dont know that Chris Williams is gonna be all that good of a LT, but they just need him to be average and he can be that.

Cutler has some weapons to throw to and I think that is gonna help a lot. He still is the modern day Brett Favre to me......and not the good kind. He can throw for 30TD's, but will also throw 25INT's and then go back to the bench and blame the picks on his WR's.

Jay Cutler- Million dollar arm, 2 cent head.

Psyychoward86
05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah i gotta say im pretty impressed too. Bears arent a stupid ass organizations that fails year after year, so it wont come as a surprise if they win the NFC North. At least not to me. I think if the Vikings are without their two starting DT's next season, the Bears just might have it in the bag. Cant forget the Packers though, on the other hand.

AllD
05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
It would be nice to hear anything coming out of the NFC besides the Cowgirls and Brett Favre. Oops, I said it, time to vomit.

JPPT1974
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Seems like the future looks bright for the Monsters of Midway!

Steel-Bryan
05-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Greenbay is gunna turn some heads. :hatsoff:

The Duke
05-31-2009, 11:58 AM
You going to the game LLT?

I dont know that Chris Williams is gonna be all that good of a LT, but they just need him to be average and he can be that.

exactly. of course, if he can't keep cutler clean there may be some problems. I've never seen the guy under much pressure

the keys to all the bears moves- Matt Forte. build your team around him and you're going to be scary

Greenbay is gunna turn some heads. :hatsoff:

yep, I have them winning the north, barely though. Dom capers defense will be a force by midseason. Now this is the steelers game I wanna go to this year!!

vikes, bears and packers doesn't sound like an easy division at all

but who knows, maybe the lions shock the world :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-03-2009, 09:33 AM
You going to the game LLT?

I am going to try. Tickets on Ebay and StubHub are running about $250 a piece right now.... WindyCitySteelerFan just gave me some information that might help me snag tickets. If not, I may try and drive the 4 1/2 hours to Cincy this year.