PDA

View Full Version : More on Steelers and Patriots

triphahn
05-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Check out these franchise rankings by Adam Schein.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9601836/Ranking-the-NFL-franchises?gt1=39002

Believe it or not Patriots are #1 with Steelers #2. Will this crap ever end.

NEPAsteeler
05-31-2009, 03:57 PM

Nope. As long as Tom "Touch me and you'll be fined" Brady is still around, it won't ever change. :banging:

Preacher
05-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Nope. As long as Tom "Touch me and you'll be fined" Brady is still around, it won't ever change. :banging:

Don't you mean Tom "touch me and the rules will change" Brady

fansince'76
05-31-2009, 05:35 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

TDLP
05-31-2009, 05:51 PM
The article words it so as to make me believe the Patriots got top marks for ownership whilst the Steelers didn't, which I find hard to believe. The whole exercise seems a bit pointless, but more importantly off the mark. I would say that overall Green Bay were a better organisation than the Ravens, for example, and it names the 'outstanding' Andy Reid who's helped the Eagles choke in the big game year in year out. Pretty poor attempt to fill up time in the offseason.

NEPAsteeler
05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Don't you mean Tom "touch me and the rules will change" Brady

Either one will occur from now on anyways so I don't think it matters :noidea:

QBs have been getting hurt since forever but God forbid Lord Brady gets hurt.

scsteeler
05-31-2009, 06:40 PM

OOps I just started a thread and then saw your thread. My bad!!!!!!!!

Steelervinny
05-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Completely absurd. Even though I hate Brady, and despise Belicheat, they are pretty good. However, are they forgetting that the head coach had to cheat to get to and win some of those superbowls? And if Bill Belicheck was so amazing, how come they couldnt even make the playoffs last year? Retarded. I do respect Kraft, but saying that the coaching staff and ownership in New England even compares to Pittsburgh is completely out of the question

Steelervinny
05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
I've never heard of a team not making the playoffs and becoming number 1 in some power rankings the next year. Bottom line is the Patriots D is getting older, and although they've have some key pickups in the offseason, They won't even compare to their one great, almost undefeated season. I do personally believe that God-forbid Big Ben got injured, Batch could take us into the playoffs. He knows the playbook inside and out, and has done some pretty amazing things when our team was in a bind.

Edman
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't think we even need to go into detail about how much bullshit this is.

The Patriots? The very same Patriots that haven't won anything in the past five years and still being the hot pick despite this? The very same Patriots who prior to 2001 were widely irrelevant in the New England area? The very same Patriots who were caught cheating and are known to have a classless bastard as a coach?

Above the Steelers who have won two Super Bowls since they won their last one?

Above the Packers? Above the Giants and Colts who also won a Super Bowl since their last one? Above the 49ers and Cowpukes?

KYsteelfan
05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I give the patriots some props for what they have done this decade with the winning and super bowls, and its been a well run organization. but in no circumstance should they be ranked above the steelers after #1 we won the super bowl and #2 they didnt even make the playoffs. they proved that they are barely mediocre with out the pretty boy tom brady. and we dont even know if he will be 100% this year. *sigh* the media love affair with the Pats will never end....

KeiselPower99
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Always remember children, always cup the sack when slurping on the Patriots.

Psyychoward86
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Lol who cares. I just read these articles for poops and giggles. They're meaningless

fansince'76
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Always remember children, always cup the sack when slurping on the Patriots.

And remember to wear those kneepads! :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
06-01-2009, 04:04 AM
:coffee: next

Dino 6 Rings
06-01-2009, 12:02 PM
"how do I generate hits to my website? I know! I'll post that the Patriots are a better Franchise than the Steelers! That'll be controversial and get me lots of comments."

Big Fcking Yawn.

The_WARDen
06-01-2009, 12:12 PM
"how do I generate hits to my website? I know! I'll post that the Patriots are a better Franchise than the Steelers! That'll be controversial and get me lots of comments."

Big Fcking Yawn.

Yet, like sheep, Steeler nation keeps visiting these sites...

:banging::banging::banging:

steelax04
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I think these look more like the media waiting to take a shot in the mouth from Kraft, Belichick, and Brady...

mmalone
06-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Blitz Brady all Year Game Over.

triphahn
06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Yet, like sheep, Steeler nation keeps visiting these sites...

:banging::banging::banging:

Its June. I am going to read anything that has to do with football. August can't get here quick enough.

HughC
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Did anybody read the whole article - or at least the first few paragraphs? Why are so many people treating these like power rankings?

Remember, this is NOT a power ranking. I know that there are teams in the top 10 I won't pick for the playoffs.

He gave the Steelers a top score for owner, QB, defense and intangibles, but it's almost impossible to critique without knowing how each team scored in all eight categories. I'm guessing perhaps the Steelers lost some points on offense.

If you're going to be enraged every time someone in the media says the Steelers are not the very best then you're going to end up going in to cardiac arrest at an early age. Both fans and the media love the underdog and can't wait to tear down whomever is on top, so it's time to develop some tougher skin and get used to this.

As somebody else mentioned, the column accomplished its goal by creating debate on a controversial subject. Right or wrong, they got their web hits and got us talking about it. If you don't like this kind of journalism the best thing you can do is to not click on the link, don't leave a comment, and don't talk about it.

Vincent
06-01-2009, 07:40 PM

Yeah. When we win #7 next year. 3 in 5. Then, 4 in 6. Again.

The_WARDen
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Its June. I am going to read anything that has to do with football. August can't get here quick enough.

I understand the need for football, but some of these clowns know nothing about football.

steelreserve
06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
If you're going to be enraged every time someone in the media says the Steelers are not the very best then you're going to end up going in to cardiac arrest at an early age. Both fans and the media love the underdog and can't wait to tear down whomever is on top, so it's time to develop some tougher skin and get used to this.

For me, it's not so much about where they rank the Steelers -- I could care less about that. Mostly, it's that I hate the Patriots and I'm sick of the constant pole-polishing they get.

As somebody else mentioned, the column accomplished its goal by creating debate on a controversial subject. Right or wrong, they got their web hits and got us talking about it. If you don't like this kind of journalism the best thing you can do is to not click on the link, don't leave a comment, and don't talk about it.

And on the other hand, if you don't like something, bitching about it is a perfectly natural reaction. Granted, this article isn't the kind of thing to lose sleep over, but I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing out a "screw you" just to register your opinion.

Preacher
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Did anybody read the whole article - or at least the first few paragraphs? Why are so many people treating these like power rankings?

He gave the Steelers a top score for owner, QB, defense and intangibles, but it's almost impossible to critique without knowing how each team scored in all eight categories. I'm guessing perhaps the Steelers lost some points on offense.

Because it assumes things not in evidence. It assumes Brady will be back to his old self. It assumes the team will perform like they have before. It ALSO does not take into account the cheating and league punishment, which may have propelled them into that position in the first place.

You're right, its not power rankings. It is the overall CURRENT health of the organization. I have a problem with an organization that has to cheat to win being considered healthy. I also have a problem with an organization that is dependent on a QB coming back from injury.

Beyond all of that, they have not won a SB since 2005. That was going on four years ago. Since this is the CURRENT health of the organization, why not list the franchise that has won two SB's since their last as top? Our ownership is better than theirs. Our FO is as good as theirs. and the final push over the top is that we do NOT need to be dependent on FA.

Sure, If you go by record only, Tomlin is a bit lower than Belicheat right now... but that calls in to question the cheating. On defense? Who would you rather have, Belicheat or Dad? I'll take dad in a heartbeat over Belicheat.

So THAT's why I think it is off.

revefsreleets
06-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Tomlin has a winning percentage of .694
He's 1.000 in Super Bowls.

Belichick has a win percentage of .721.
He's .750 in Super Bowls.

BUT Tomlin is clean, and Belichick is obviously not. Since Belichick was actually Oh-fer in Super Bows and had a winning percentage of .450 as a HC BEFORE cheating, I give Tomlin the nod as the better coach.

I'd love to say Belichick, but how can I? He's tainted...

And since the organization obviously knew exactly what Belichick was doing, well, that makes them culpable as well...

This is a no-brainer. I drop NE to about 10 on this list, and I do that begrudgingly.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Here is what pisses me off about all of this:

So many people say that the Steelers are doing things the same way the Patriots are doing them, that the Patriots model is the model the NFL is using.

The Patriots have done nothing but copy the Steelers model for how to run a franchise, except for the cheating scandals.

The Duke
06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Here is what pisses me off about all of this:

So many people say that the Steelers are doing things the same way the Patriots are doing them, that the Patriots model is the model the NFL is using.

The Patriots have done nothing but copy the Steelers model for how to run a franchise, except for the cheating scandals.

yep, that's the only thing that pisses me off. They can rank the steelers 33rd for all I care, but to say the pats are the model franchise? please.....

at least tell the story like it is

But I have a feeling another loss in the playoffs this year is going to end all the patriots media love ....hopefully