PDA

View Full Version : mike mularkey to resign as bills coach????

tony hipchest
01-12-2006, 06:25 PM
chris mortenson just announced that a press conference is scheduled for tomorrowat 11:00.

haslett or even levy may replace him, probably haslett.

what a trip

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-12-2006, 06:29 PM
whats wrong with mularkey
maybe he can come back as our offensice coordinator again

BB2W
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
maybe he can come back as our offensice coordinator again
I don't want him back... his offense was whack!!! It was based on gimic plays, and the passing game. I like Whisenhunt's offense better, and I really think he is getting a lot better at play calling.

This has been weird situation in Buffalo all off season...

tony hipchest
01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
of course he quoted the common excuse "family" but it appears it has alot to do with having to fire tom clements and the fact that the owner is gonna be alot more hands on. with the addition of marv levy i bet he felt that he was just a puppet and said "screw it"

RoethlisBURGHer
01-12-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't blame him for leaving.With Marv Levy coming back into the fold,I'd leave to.

Brady12
01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't like the 80 year old Levy being coach as the bills. With heart attacks thriving on anger, the worst thing we need right now is for him to pass on. Maybe Mularkey was forced out, and choose to announce it himself?

Prosdo
01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't want him back... his offense was whack!!! It was based on gimic plays, and the passing game. I like Whisenhunt's offense better, and I really think he is getting a lot better at play calling.

This has been weird situation in Buffalo all off season...

Couldn't agree more!

Ambridge
01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
of course he quoted the common excuse "family" but it appears it has alot to do with having to fire tom clements and the fact that the owner is gonna be alot more hands on. with the addition of marv levy i bet he felt that he was just a puppet and said "screw it"

Exactly!!

Marv Levy is Ralph Wilson's "Golden Boy Legend" from the Bills past and that would be a pretty big shadow looking constantly over Mularkey's shoulder watching every move he made.......not to mention that's probably going to be an issue for the new head coach the Bills hire.

I'm not a fan of Mularkey but I would have told Wilson to go piss up a rope....Goodbye!!

In the end I think bringing Levy back is going to backfire on the Bills in a big way.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Mularkey was upset at how the bills dismantled his coaching staff and didnt appreciate where he felt the team was headed so he resigned officially. Give him credit for standing up for his staff and all.

clevestinks
01-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Not a good year for former Steelers assistants! Haslett, Capers, Muhlarky, Donahue, Marvin Lewis was crying last week, Dungy goes down this week!

FisherMOM
01-14-2006, 04:50 PM
That was the hot topic on the radio the past few days! Supposedly the owner was shocked when Mularky told him that he was quitting. Who knows what to believe. I can't say that I am surprised to hear that he left. I think it's a shame for the Bills though. They need to get a coach and keep him.