PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young, "If I'm not good enough for Titans I want someone else to over pay me."

Vis
06-02-2009, 09:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4223108

"I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans," Young said, according to the television station. "At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

Win the job or shut up.

fansince'76
06-02-2009, 09:10 AM
What a dumbass. :dang:

KeiselPower99
06-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Just another overrated college player that the NFL tore down to shreds.

MasterOfPuppets
06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."
i'm pretty sure the titans would be happy to let young walk if he released him of any further monetary obligations.

Vis
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Who does he think he can beat out?

nort10
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM

tavaris jackson

Edman
06-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Just another Sandlot Quarterback that couldn't hack it in the NFL. Why do teams insist on drafting these bums? If a Quarterback can't throw the ball, he sucks. I like the dumbass Smurf fans bringing up Steve Young. Yeah, Steve was a scrambler, but he could read a defense and threw the ball accurately. Something Vince the Prodigy can't do.

So much for the "awesome" QB class of 2006.

Cutler- No Longer with the Broncos. Headcase.
Young- Done next to nothing for since his "Pro Bowl" year (Which was a joke anyways). Another Headcase.
Leinart- Another Hollywood pretty boy more famous for doing that dumb blonde Paris Hilton than playing in the NFL. Rotting on the bench in Arizona. Rounds out the Trifecta of headcases.

xfl2001fan
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM

Anybody that plays in SF?

vasteeler
06-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Anybody that plays in SF?

anybody that plays in cleveland:flap:

MACH1
06-02-2009, 11:29 AM

Brady Quinn

MasterOfPuppets
06-02-2009, 11:44 AM
tavaris jackson
thats what i was thinkin....:noidea:

steelreserve
06-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh, boo-hoo. Trade me, I can't handle the fact that I have to compete for a starting job instead of walking into it.

Maybe Young should sign with the Lions so he and Larry Foote can go be gay together.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
If Young spent as much time studying his playbook as he does doing stupid things like "making it rain" while onstage with Nelly....Suing those who copyrighted the names "VY" and inVINCEable"... He might be more than a what-could-have-been.

Vis
06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't think there's any team he helps. Not with that sense of entitlement.

revefsreleets
06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
If Young spent as much time studying his playbook as he does doing stupid things like "making it rain" while onstage with Nelly....Suing those who copyrighted the names "VY" and inVINCEable"... He might be more than a what-could-have-been.

Tough to do when you can't read.

Actually, I think the Titans hired a tutor and taught him, but it's really the only explanation for the 6 on the Wonderlic.

I think Young's problem is simply that he's been able to overcome all his challenges based on sheer athleticism up until this point, but he's at the top level now, and that's not enough.

steelreserve
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Tough to do when you can't read.

Actually, I think the Titans hired a tutor and taught him, but it's really the only explanation for the 6 on the Wonderlic.

Either that, or he was high.

But seriously, a 6? You ought to get more right answers than that if you just guess randomly. So not only is he stupid, he's unlucky too.

Psyychoward86
06-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Ironic that Vince has gotten impatient. A couple months ago, he said the opposite, and claimed to be willing to"do whatever it takes to get better." He couldnt make it on our school's JV football squad.

Galax Steeler
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4223108

"I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans," Young said, according to the television station. "At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

Win the job or shut up.

:toofunny: what a dork.:toofunny:

Big D
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
if this clown can't beat out a drunken 38 year old kerry collins how does he expect to get a job anywhere else.

AllD
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
He was done in TN when he flipped out. Now the Titans can't even get a 3rd round trade for him. He is poison. I would rather have Neil O'Donnel and Slash as #1 & #2 than VY.

steelwall
06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Who does he think he can beat off?

Fixed....

Preacher
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Either that, or he was high.

But seriously, a 6? You ought to get more right answers than that if you just guess randomly. So not only is he stupid, he's unlucky too.

Sadly, spelling your name right gives you 8 points! :chuckle:

Steel-Bryan
06-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Ironic that Vince has gotten impatient. A couple months ago, he said the opposite, and claimed to be willing to"do whatever it takes to get better." He couldnt make it on our school's JV football squad.

lol thats true, he did say he was patient and will wait for his time or something stupid. it was on nfl.com a while ago

RoethlisBURGHer
06-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Vince Young is not a good quarterback.

Someone tell me, when you saw a Vince Young highlight when he was at Texas, was it ever with him throwing the football? I always remember him making a play with his feet.

To play quarterback in the NFL, you must have the ability to throw the football. Vince Young does not have that ability.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-03-2009, 07:50 AM
A first round millionaire? Now a back up.... The system of paying these rookies millions before they play their first game needs to change

revefsreleets
06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Vince Young is not a good quarterback.

Someone tell me, when you saw a Vince Young highlight when he was at Texas, was it ever with him throwing the football? I always remember him making a play with his feet.

To play quarterback in the NFL, you must have the ability to throw the football. Vince Young does not have that ability.

His throwing got better as he went. He made some nice passes in big games, notably against both OSU and USC. But he's a lot more Mike Vick then he is Peyton Manning.

lilyoder6
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
he is an athlete before a qb,,,

i wonder changed from when he said he was just gonna shut up and go thru and try to win the job back, til now

St33lersguy
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
overpay for him. Does he mean like pay him $2 thousand?

St33lersguy
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
if this clown can't beat out a drunken 38 year old kerry collins how does he expect to get a job anywhere else.

Of course he can't beat out Kerry Collins, he couldn't beat out tiny tim for a starting job

Dino 6 Rings
06-03-2009, 12:37 PM
oh I'm so worried about the Titans next year...oooo...so worried.

Stupid Punks down there had ONE lucky year, can't wait to SMASH THEIR FACES IN on opening Night and laugh at their broken bodies as we look up victoriously at our Super Bowl XLIII Banner hanging in the rafters.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
oh I'm so worried about the Titans next year...oooo...so worried.

Stupid Punks down there had ONE lucky year, can't wait to SMASH THEIR FACES IN on opening Night and laugh at their broken bodies as we look up victoriously at our Super Bowl XLIII Banner hanging in the rafters.

Waving our Terrible Towels in their faces! :tt03:

Tankus_Maximus
06-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Vince Young = Kordell Stewart v2.0

vasteeler
06-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Of course he can't beat out Kerry Collins, he couldn't beat out tiny tim for a starting job

could we plese leave TIMMAHH out if this thread :doh:

memphissteelergirl
06-08-2009, 12:36 PM
[url]

Win the job or shut up.

Exactly! Stop being such a whiny a** baby and prove yourself!

(Oh, and hi y'all....know it's been a while :chuckle:)

St33lersguy
06-08-2009, 03:16 PM
WOW! Instead of responding to adversity when he faces it he whines like little girl. I'm guessing VY never faced adversity like this in his lifetime. RESPOND TO IT!!

KeiselPower99
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Its hard when everything is handed to ya and your a savior then cant beat out a 35 yr old backup. Ship him to Canada.

Dino 6 Rings
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
This is what I worry about with Sweed, its the mentality of these new kids out of Texas. They get a free ride in Texas and then hit the NFL and don't know a thing about real hard work.

silver & black
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM

That's just wrong. Collins had a drinking problem. He faced it, and beat it... like a man. He sure as hell didn't play like a drunk last year. I have a lot of respect for him.

revefsreleets
06-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey S&B, I saw the Raiders added Charlie Frye to their roster....isn't that their SIXTH QB?

I like Charlie...he's a good kid (he's Akron alum: Good people )...hope he can make the final roster.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
The biggest problem is that in Texas, Vince Young is the favorite son. He carries God-like status among Texas Longhorn fans. I doubt he ever pays for a meal when he goes out to eat down there. He was never booed by the fans in Austin. He was handed the starting QB job and played very well, leading Texas to the National Championship.

He figured it would be the same in the NFL, and he has learned that it isn't and he doesn't like it.

silver & black
06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey S&B, I saw the Raiders added Charlie Frye to their roster....isn't that their SIXTH QB?

I like Charlie...he's a good kid (he's Akron alum: Good people )...hope he can make the final roster.

I don't know what to think about that. Maybe Walter is going to be shopped, and Fry is going to be #3? If nothing else, he is good to have for depth.

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 11:09 AM
He's been working with Holmgren in Seattle for a couple years. I think the kid can play a little ball...

Texasteel
06-11-2009, 02:16 PM
This is what I worry about with Sweed, its the mentality of these new kids out of Texas. They get a free ride in Texas and then hit the NFL and don't know a thing about real hard work.

I promise Dino, Sweed and Young has very little in common in this case. I think you will see Sweed respond with hard work and determination. In fact, I think we are seeing this now. Young hasn't had to do much more that say "I Want" all his life and right now it is showing. I really hope he grows up, but I really don't think he will.

LVSteelersfan
06-13-2009, 06:13 PM
As someone else stated he is just another Michael Vick, Kordell Stewart, Tavaris Jackson, etc. All people with quickness who can't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Can't throw it in the ocean I tell you. Why do people keep insisting on bringing these lousy QBs into the NFL? You would think they would learn after awhile.