PDA

View Full Version : Spending Our Money Wisely? Nope!

revefsreleets
06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.ohio.com/editorial/commentary/46693147.html

Democrats, ever looking to spend your money By George F. Will
Washington Post

Published on Tuesday, Jun 02, 2009
WASHINGTON: Epiphanies are a dime a dozen among congressional Democrats as they discover urgent new reasons to experience the almost erotic pleasure of commandeering other people's money. For example, freshman Rep. Alan Grayson, a Florida Democrat whose district includes Disney World, was recently there and was inspired.

The world, he realized, would be a sweeter place if Congress mandated that all companies with 100 or more employees provide a week of paid vacation to those who work at least 25 hours a week. After three years, they would be entitled to two weeks, and companies with more than 50 employees would have to start providing a paid vacation week. Grayson would not mandate that paid vacations be spent at Disney World.

With the welfare state approaching insolvency and businesses sagging, this is an odd time to augment Americans' entitlement mentality. But the travel and tourism industries think Grayson's idea is neat.

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus want the Treasury Department to subsidize minority owners of broadcasting properties. The broadcasters are not ''too big to fail'' and so do not pose a ''systemic risk,'' but, the representatives say, failures of minority broadcasters would diminish diversity.

Such government micromanagement of the economy is everywhere. The Washington Post recently reported that Richard Wagoner, the former CEO of General Motors who was removed by the government, remains on GM's payroll ''because senior Treasury officials have yet to decide whether he should get the $20 million severance package that the company had promised him.'' His 2009 compensation $1 is payable on Dec. 31. The $20 million promised to him includes contractual awards, deferred compensation and pension benefits accrued over 32 years with the company. Promise-keeping, including honoring contracts, is the default position of a lawful society. But suddenly, many citizens' legal claims are merely starting points for negotiations with an overbearing government.

State governments, too, are expected to accept Washington's whims, but plucky Indiana is being obdurate. Gov. Mitch Daniels, alarmed by what he calls the Obama administration's ''shock-and-awe statism,'' is supporting state Treasurer Richard Mourdock's objection to the administration's treatment of Chrysler's creditors, which include the pension funds for Indiana's retired teachers and state policemen, and a state construction fund. Together they own $42.5 million of Chrysler's $6.9 billion (supposedly) secured debt.

Compliant, because dependent, banks bowed to the administration's demand that they accept less than settled bankruptcy law would have given them as secured creditors. Next, the president denounced as ''speculators'' remaining secured creditors, who then folded and accepted less on the dollar than an unsecured creditor the United Auto Workers union is getting. This raw taking of property from secured investors penalized those ''speculators'' retired Indiana teachers and state police officers whom Mourdock says are being ''ripped off by the federal government.''

He is asking a court to declare that the Obama administration's actions have violated ''more than 100 years of established law by redefining 'secured creditors' to mean something less,'' and that the actions violate the Fifth Amendment protection against the seizure of private property. Furthermore, he says the government is guilty of ''misuse'' of the Troubled Assets Relief Program, which gives the Treasury authority only to aid financial institutions, not industrial companies.

One New Deal improvisation not yet emulated by the Obama administration is the September 1933 slaughter while the unemployment rate was 25 percent and millions were hungry of 6 million young pigs. The purpose was to raise the price of pork by reducing the supply of it. But the ''cash for clunkers'' idea is a cousin of that.

The Wall Street Journal's Joseph B. White reports that proposals percolating in Congress would further subsidize Detroit and chill the planet, of course by bribing people to turn in old cars and trucks (dealers have 400,000 unsold large pickups) and buy vehicles that get better gas mileage. In one plan, if the new truck gets one mile per gallon more than the old truck, the buyer would get $3,500; a two mpg improvement would be worth $4,500.

Such a policy would counteract the president's environmentally harmful policy of forcing Detroit to quickly produce cars that are much more fuel efficient meaning light, cramped and dangerous. Such products will be powerful incentives for Americans to continue driving their old, more polluting and less fuel-efficient cars. This will deprive Detroit of some customers, but surely the government has thought this through.

Will is a Washington Post columnist. He can be e-mailed at georgewill@washpost.com.

xfl2001fan
06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
OK Tony, bring on the panic spin/deflection statement.

tony hipchest
06-07-2009, 12:00 AM
OK Tony, bring on the panic spin/deflection statement.are you just flame baiting or simply calling me out?

it musta been a slow news week for will (hes kinda all over the place in this one). hearing him bitch about employee vacations is akin to hearing a cancer patient or a person in a serious auto accident on life support whine about a hang nail.

i like working govt. contracts. in 2 years i will have EARNED my 4th week of yearly vacation. couple that with the 10 federal hoidays, and about 5-7 "down days" and i will quite enjoy my nearly 2 months out of the year, off with pay.

a happy worker is a good worker, but it doesnt mean it is easy, being that i do all the work w/o a secretary, assistant, and 3-4 supervisors my job calls for. i also dont bitch about any OT i put in or having to do payroll tomorrow (sunday) morning (while STILL on "vacation").

youre retired military, right (correct me if i am wrong)? i would be quite the asshole if i went revs route and suggested that the govt was wasting its money by providing you and your family with some sort of medical coverage, wouldnt i?

agree or not, the govt. likes to take care of its people/workforce, although i am disappointed about the stories of our soldiers families relying on welfare the past 8 years.

MACH1
06-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Now I'm thinking who and how many I can layoff to make up for the loss's. :doh:

Whats next, forced health care? :banging:

Hell, it'd be cheaper to go work for some place, rather than have a small business. Or I could just sit on my ass and let you all pay me for my hard work of holding the couch down.

tony hipchest
06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
There needs to be incentive to work, not the other way around.you mean like paid vacations and holidays? it almost sounds like you are anti-incentive.

are you suggesting my job didnt exist under the bush admin?

All of a sudden you're poltical stance, pro-obama, pro-bigger government, pro- government jobs, and pro- take from them and gimme gimme gimme makes so much sense.

:blah: the govt has been streamlining, outsourcing, and using contractors for years. it creates jobs and grows business. and you know what? i save the govt money. after 20 years they will not foot the bill for my retirement or medical coverage for the rest of my life.

btw- as a bonafide executive and indirect labor, the govt doesnt pay for my vacation. my company does it on their own good will.

only direct labor is granted the paid vacations, holidays, and health and welfare via federal law (wage determination scale for federal contracts- which is much like "minimum wage" in the private sector).

you see, my job will take a blind person, spend a few extra bucks to accommodate their disability, and get them off the couch, and social security, and turn them into a productive member of society as a telephone operator (or something similar).

none of this would be possible w/o an act of congress many, many years ago.

"bu..bu...but... obama."

http://www.defenselink.mil/News/newsarticle.aspx?id=51424

WASHINGTON, Oct. 7, 2008 – The Defense Department is a strong supporter of the federally managed AbilityOne program, which works with private and public groups to provide goods and services to the government and jobs for the blind and other people who have severe disabilities, including wounded veterans.
“As the largest customer of this program, the Department of Defense has a responsibility and a tremendous opportunity to increase support by procuring more goods and services provided by the AbilityOne program,” John J. Young Jr., undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics, stated in a March 24 memorandum.

AbilityOne, formerly known as the Javits-Wagner-O’Day Act, or JWOD, is administered by the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled, an independent federal agency.

More than 1,300 wounded military veterans are part of the program’s 43,000-strong work force, according to a DoD news release. The Defense Department is the program’s largest customer, the release said, as it purchases more than $1.3 billion in goods and services each year, including laundry services, uniforms, office supplies and grounds maintenance.

Work contracts arranged through the AbilityOne program provide most of the chemical-protection coats and pants used by U.S. servicemembers. Skilcraft-brand office supplies found across the federal government also are part of the AbilityOne program.

President Bush, in a White House document dated Feb. 11, stated that the AbilityOne program “has taken steps to embrace successful business practices, including e-commerce and performance-based contracting.” The program, he said, provides work for tens of thousands of disabled Americans employed at more than 600 community-based nonprofit organizations.

Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England will host a Pentagon ceremony tomorrow to honor the AbilityOne program.

The AbilityOne program can trace its roots to the passage of the Wagner-O’Day Act of 1938, sponsored by Sen. Robert F. Wagner and U.S. Rep. Caroline O’Day. This legislation mandated that the federal government purchase brooms, mops and other items provided by nonprofit agencies employing people who are blind.

The Wagner-O’Day Act was expanded in 1971 through the efforts of Sen. Jacob Javits. The resultant legislation, known as the Wagner-O’Day-Javits Act, permits nonprofit agencies serving people with other severe disabilities in addition to blindness to participate in the JWOD program and authorized nonprofit agencies to provide not only supplies, but also services to the federal government.

The executive-branch Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled, the National Industries for the Blind, and NISH, formerly known as National Industries for the Severely Handicapped, form a triad of support for JWOD, whose name was changed to AbilityOne by the U.S. Congress in 2006.

bad, bad govt. :nono: giving out vacation and providing jobs and such...

tony hipchest
06-07-2009, 03:50 PM
On the contrary, we started our drivers $3-4$ more then our competitors, full benefits, family included on insurance, every paid holiday, and even loaned money. so as a business owner in the private sector, what made you decide to take these steps and go above and beyond, when the govt didnt mandate that you do so?

i agree that bribes and kickbacks are a problem in the govt. they are a problem in the private sector as well. corruption in business knows no bounds.

in america, nobody is born into the government. all politicians come from the private sector. our system is set up where it is easier to manipulate the rules/laws from the inside as opposed to outside (however, as we both well know, money can buy anything).

MACH1
06-07-2009, 05:33 PM
so as a business owner in the private sector,

There are countless small business's that don't offer a darn thing or hardly anything at all. Forcing them to give handouts would put them out of business.

We do give our employees paid vacation after one year, sick days and holiday pay(time and a half). It has to be staffed 24/7. And for another lil benefit the employees can take days off as long as they can cover their shift, trade days or whatever, we try to be flexible with them as long as it doesn't cause too much of a headache for us and other employees. Like bitching you didn't get enough hours when you took 2-3 days off in a pay period.

tony hipchest
06-07-2009, 06:07 PM
On the contrary, we started our drivers $3-4$ more then our competitors, full benefits, family included on insurance, every paid holiday, and even loaned money. Then we had to lay off, cancel insurance and benefits, start new guys for less, and rotate them so no body gets over time. It sucks to do that but if we don't, everyone would be out of jobs.

We do give our employees paid vacation after one year, sick days and holiday pay(time and a half). It has to be staffed 24/7. And for another lil benefit the employees can take days off as long as they can cover their shift, trade days or whatever, we try to be flexible with them as long as it doesn't cause too much of a headache for us and other employees. Like bitching you didn't get enough hours when you took 2-3 days off in a pay period.

so what you guys are saying is that even though you choose to do these things on your own free will (it is a WISE business decision), you are gonna complain that a democratic congressman suggests that all businessmen do the same?

despite will's article, its no time to :shout: panic. its not a law, let alone even a bill.

MACH1
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM
so what you guys are saying is that even though you choose to do these things on your own free will (it is a WISE business decision), you are gonna complain that a democratic congressman suggests that all businessmen do the same?

despite will's article, its no time to :shout: panic. its not a law, let alone even a bill.

I'm just thinking about the mom and pop business's. I know their probably to small to worry about it now. But eventually the small small business's (1-150 employees) will be included in the law if it does pass.

Now we have ten employees, which isn't going to affect us much. What does is dealing with all the Medicaid BS that changes just about every other day. :pity:

tony hipchest
06-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I've had drivers stop at their house to take a nap on the way back from a load, ask customers to borrow money, drive 30mph every where, told customers to go eff themselves, sell concrete that isn't theirs, the list goes on and on and on. I don't think those guys should reap any reward for that kind of workmanship. It's amazing how many laws already protect them and their jobs. :doh:

so what are some of these laws that not only enable but encourage fraud, theft, and gross misconduct? how long have they been on the book?

maybe you live in a funny state, because i have employees who are not only unionized but protected by the US Dept of Labor who have tried (and failed) to get away with far less than what you describe.

between our company policy handbook, the cba, and dept of labor standards it is pretty much cut and dry what is expected of the employees and how much rope they are given before they hang themselves.

:hunch:

revefsreleets
06-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Way to focus on the LEAST important part of the article.

Besides, the vacation thing wasn't about vacation, it was about a self-serving earmark.

The article is about the government micromanaging. It's about big government getting bigger, and mishandling almost everything it touches. Arguing against the article based on one tiny sliver of it is like saying a whole pizza is bad because one piece of peperoni is mishapen: It's a bad argument to begin with because the peperoni still tastes okay, but when there's really no defensible argument to begin with, I guess you run with whatever POS you can come up with.

B-team all the way...

Dino 6 Rings
06-08-2009, 10:00 AM
And meanwhile, in Europe, the Right Wing wins elections all over the place.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090608/ap_on_re_eu/european_elections

tony hipchest
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
B-team all the way...

mmmm.... pizza...:pizza::drooling:

great analogy! Will bitching about vacation is akin to bitching about some great pizza because of some deformed shapes of pepperoni. :wtf: :thumbsup:

youre failed thread was floating around like a dead duck in water. you should just be happy i noticed the dregs, the flotsam and jetsam, and resurrected it with a breath of life.

(and, to be fair, the article is mostly filled with obvious garbage that youve parotted a hundred times.)

still, the views go up exponentially as soon as i give it some attention and lo and behold a discussion is started. hell, even my lame horseracing threads that nobody cares about had more views than this chum did.

maybe your act is getting old and tired. i dont know, but dont look a gifthorse in the mouth. when a dingy is thrown your way, maybe you should embrace it as opposed to pushing it away.

lol. being that i comandeered this pilotless ship i will feel free to steer it in any direction i want to and focus on anything i like.

otherwise you can watch it sink like an anchor. be glad! :smile:

anyways youre response was expected, pretty much verbatim... :coffee:

revefsreleets
06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Your delusion knows no bounds...you are now questioning the logic and wisdom of no less than George Will?

Did you even read past the first paragraph? Did you read the part about the government ripping off teachers and the police? Any of the other actual content of the piece? Or did you just not understand it?

I may have been wrong about you...you may actually be strictly bush league, a C-list political poster. Trashing me while ignoring 95% of the actual content in the article smacks of desperation.

GBMelBlount
06-10-2009, 08:48 AM
i like working govt. contracts. in 2 years i will have EARNED my 4th week of yearly vacation. couple that with the 10 federal hoidays, and about 5-7 "down days" and i will quite enjoy my nearly 2 months out of the year, off with pay.

Good for you Tony!

I'm sure the "workers" in the Jobs banks felt the same way. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
06-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Yup..as a taxpayer, I love nothing more than hearing stories about how people in the public sector get Arbor Day and Presidents Day and Flag Day and MLK Day and Valentine's Day and Sweetest Day and various other BS holidays off. This is JUST the kind of entity that's going to turn the car industry around:doh:

Speaking of gross mismanagement, was reading today how the banks are really putting pressure via lobbying on the government to overturn a lot of the oversight that originally came along with the TARP and stimulus bailouts. Before this whole thing is over, they'll have gotten all the free money, and be running their banks right back into the ground again with no consequences to speak of.

They manged to get the bankruptcy laws to stay the same, meaning people cannot get their mortgages changed under bankruptcy. They've managed for years to keep student loans out of bankruptcies, thereby keeping the ability to write loans, make the profits, and have the government underwrite and eat their losses. This is exactly how I expect the new government run car companies to operate as well: At a loss, inefficiently, with the government (read: taxpayers) subsidizing the whole mess.

Yippee Skippee!

tony hipchest
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Yup..as a taxpayer, I love nothing more than hearing stories about how people in the public sector get Arbor Day and Presidents Day and Flag Day and MLK Day and Valentine's Day and Sweetest Day and various other BS holidays off. This is JUST the kind of entity that's going to turn the car industry around:doh:

Speaking of gross mismanagement, :blah:

hater. :crying01:

need a tissue?

now i KNOW you didnt just throw shit in the face of all of our military, federal govt, (and the police and teachers you pretend to champion) for observing and getting paid for national holidays of reflection and remembering such as veterans day, memorial day, independence day. only an idiotic moron lacking an ounce of national pride would do that, right?

why dont you go down to arlington cemetary next veterans or memorial day and tell the thousands in attendance for the ceremony what a "bullshit" holiday it is as you clamour for them to get back to work. :footinmou

maybe next year, when you are pounding out strokes on your keyboard on MLK or presidents day, wishing you didnt have to be at work and bitching about having to pay taxes and all the govt waste and "gross mismanagement", perhaps you will take a second out of your busy day and remember that other people (such as president lincoln and washington) sacrificed or even paid with their life for you to have the right and freedom to do so.

in the meantime, enjoy the haterade... :alcoholic: but in the future, please try to refrain from shitting on the graves of the people who died that give us our national holidays, in a lame (and extremely weak) assed attempt to mock me.

Cheppy
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
hater. :crying01:

need a tissue?

now i KNOW you didnt just throw shit in the face of all of our military, federal govt, (and the police and teachers you pretend to champion) for observing and getting paid for national holidays of reflection and remembering such as veterans day, memorial day, independence day. only an idiotic moron lacking an ounce of national pride would do that, right?

why dont you go down to arlington cemetary next veterans or memorial day and tell the thousands in attendance for the ceremony what a "bullshit" holiday it is as you clamour for them to get back to work. :footinmou

maybe next year, when you are pounding out strokes on your keyboard on MLK or presidents day, wishing you didnt have to be at work and bitching about having to pay taxes and all the govt waste and "gross mismanagement", perhaps you will take a second out of your busy day and remember that other people (such as president lincoln and washington) sacrificed or even paid with their life for you to have the right and freedom to do so.

in the meantime, enjoy the haterade... :alcoholic: but in the future, please try to refrain from shitting on the graves of the people who died that give us our national holidays, in a lame (and extremely weak) assed attempt to mock me.

:heart:I'm straight as an arrow btw:smile: (yeah football, woo, yeah!)

tony hipchest
06-10-2009, 10:53 PM
speaking of bush league and whining about govt employees getting a few measly days off with pay (while practically begging for taxbreaks for oneself)...

I may have been wrong about you...you may actually be strictly bush league, a C-list political poster. Trashing me while ignoring 95% of the actual content in the article smacks of desperation.

OH NOEZ! ive been downgraded a whole letter!!!!! can i please get a b- ??? :scholar:

does that mean i should only post in the "recipies and tailgaiting forum" from here on out???? :jawdrop:

hey revs... just think about it...

98% of this boards entire population ignores 100% of the "actual content" in the articles you post in your political forum. :tap:

what does that smack of?

:eye: if you dont believe me, just keep an eye on your threads and the view count. :mg:

GBMelBlount
06-11-2009, 08:32 AM
hey revs... just think about it...

98% of this boards entire population ignores 100% of the "actual content" in the articles you post in your political forum. :tap:

what does that smack of?

:mg:

Hey Tony......just think about it...

98% of those who post regarding his "actual content" agree with him....:chuckle:

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Classic. Still stuck on the stupid vacation thing, meanwhile ignoring the REAL content of my posts.

That's cool.

How does some pencil-pushing bureaucrat having Arbor Day off equate to me hating on the military? Maybe you can post me some maps of PA/MD border bunkers to prove that "point"? You've spun some real reaches up before but this is going way too far even by your low standards. Vacation time is a nothing argument here, just a couple of us having some fun...

Get back on the bench. There's some real issues being discussed here...

P.S. View count? Who the eff pays attention to VIEW COUNT? You really need attention, don't you? My God, how sad...

GBMelBlount
06-11-2009, 09:17 AM
revs
Vacation time is a nothing argument here, just a couple of us having some fun...

Poking fun at vacation = "only an idiotic moron lacking an ounce of national pride would do that"

Looks like someone needs another vacation day. :laughing:

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah, he's losing it again...

tony hipchest
06-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Get back on the bench. There's some real issues being discussed here...

:toofunny: what the hell are you talking about? where is this imaginary discussion you speak of (or are you just playing pretend and talking to yourself again)?

the only thing that even remotely resembled a discussion in this thread was between mach1, smoking3000, and myself.

other than that youve been nothing but an interloper and antagonist in your own failed lame-duck thread.

or did you forget it sat ignored and abandonned for 4-5 days before i gave it life? :tap:

basically, NOBODY wanted to discuss the same parroted crap youve posted 100's of times so keep your breath for cooling your porridge.

arent there some Christians out there you should be trying to convince that Christmas is a "bullshit holiday"? :dang:

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
That's right, the George Will article whoosed right over your head, which precluded you from conversing intelligently about any of the real content. Thus the whole vacation diversionary tactic where you called me a bunch of names and brought up the ever-important post view counts.

Fail.

As for Christmas, it's the only officially recognized religious holiday. It shouldn't be in December, though. That's the pagan holiday in honor of Mithras, the Persian God of the sun, or the Winter solstice, but NOT when Jesus was actually born. The Catholics just stuck their holiday on top of the pagans.

Have any maps that dispute that, B-team?

tony hipchest
06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
:toofunny: and easter = pagan spring goddess ester... :blah:

now i know Will didnt write an article on that so you mustve been researching some of preachers posts, blowhard.

so what youre saying is that you posted and article so above the brow, that it precluded ANYONE from conversing intelligently about the content? or was it just.... :yawn: ZZZZZZZZZZ :drooling:

anyways, mr. holiday expert, you comparing arbor day to veterans day or memorial day = FAIL. (caught with your pants down, once again....)

hater.

tony hipchest
06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
speaking of having fun with vacation time...

Top 10 Reasons People Like Will Think NOBODY Should Receive Pay to Celebrate/Observe Federal Holidays

10) Columbus day- even though he discovered the bengals suck some people think they are kinda swell.

9) 4th of July- fireworks are made in china, and who should get paid to play with fire and eat food (other than the hot dog eater kobayashi, who was also made in china).

8) Labor day- some people never worked an hour of hard labor in their life. if it were called Silver Spooners day, they might be for it.

7) Veterans day- not everyone is a veteran. why should we have a holiday for just those who served. what about those who didnt? its BS.

6) Memorial day- if its not all about them, its not worth remembering.

5) New Years- the best thing to do is watch some dick clark, read a good book, and reflect on the past 52 weeks of nothing but work.

4) Christmas- because theyre not Christian, and its a pagan holiday that should be celebrated sometime in feb-march. (plus they are smarter than the 3 wise men + Jesus put together anyways, and it is their birth that should be celebrated).

3) Thanksgiving- some people have nothing to be thankful for.

2) MLK jr. day- obama hates white people.

1) Presidents day- some of the U.S. presidents were democrats.

SteelersinCA
06-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Kobayashi is Japanese.

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Kobayashi is Japanese.

:applaudit:

duh. :scholar:

you're barking up the wrong tree. tell it to Will and his disciples. (or do you just not get it?)

there was a chinaman and a jewish american sitting together on a plane. the discussion turned to pearl harbor at which point the jew expressed his hatred of the chinese for bombing pearl harbor.

the chinaman said "but that was the japanese!", to which the man exclaimed "chinese, japanese, theyre all the same to me.

the chinaman thought for a second and then replied, "well i hate the jews for sinking the titanic".

the jewish man, who was obviously shocked, replied "what?!?!?! the titanic was sunk by an iceberg!"

the chinaman responded "iceberg, goldberg... they're all the same to me."

SteelersinCA
06-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I think lack of caring is more accurate, I didn't read the whole thread. You and Rev are diametrically opposed, I get it, I just don't care that much, but good recovery.

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I didn't read the whole thread.

yeah, that seems to be an epidemic around here, but personally i usually like to post within the context.

that aside... when a "speaking of fun...." comment is followed by a top 10 list, it usually implies jokes and laughing (even for those who havent necessarily followed along).

and actually, revs and i are not that far separated on many stances, its just that he cant handle when ANYONE disagrees with him and i get a kick out of it.

:football:

SteelersinCA
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
I guess when I see you and Revs going back and forth over the course of several threads, jokes and laughing are the furthest thing from my mind, sarcasm perhaps, jokes, not so much.

Preacher
06-12-2009, 01:26 AM
yeah, that seems to be an epidemic around here, but personally i usually like to post within the context.

that aside... when a "speaking of fun...." comment is followed by a top 10 list, it usually implies jokes and laughing (even for those who havent necessarily followed along).

and actually, revs and i are not that far separated on many stances, its just that he cant handle when ANYONE disagrees with him and i get a kick out of it.

:football:

Hmmm.... Maybe this line should have been edited first. . .

its just that he cant handle when ANYONE disagrees with him and i get a kick out of it. . . revs and i are not that far separated.

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
hmmm....or maybe you should just suggest that revs edit one of his posts...

:coffee:

Preacher
06-12-2009, 05:39 AM
hmmm....or maybe you should just suggest that revs edit one of his posts...

:coffee:

I think you miss my point... ahh... nevermind.

:mad::mad: <--- Tony and Rev _________ <--- The line. Whoever can hit the line first wins...

Let the contest begin....

revefsreleets
06-12-2009, 08:55 AM
I do dislike it when misinformed and biased people disagree with me when I'm correct, or at least expressing informed opinions, and they are not.

Did the holiday thing off the top of my head, Tony. Sorry, chuckles, I don't have an "Atlanta Dan" and don't need one.