PDA

View Full Version : The end is near

Fire Haley
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
It's a sign

DANVERS, Mass. – Maybe these bees were too tired to fly for themselves. A gang of honeybees landed on the wing of a plane used for flight school training at Beverly Airport. At first, the 10,000 or so bees swarmed over the left side of the aircraft, then landed on top of the left wing. The owner of the flight center called police, who said to call local bee removal expert Al Wilkins.

Wilkins used a specially designed vacuum to suck the bees off the plane, and then relocated them to hives where they will produce honey.

Wilkins guessed that the queen may have stopped to rest on the plane, and the other bees congregated around to protect her.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_bees_on_a_plane

Meanwhile - NASA predicts the lowest sunspot activity since 1928

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/mdi_igr/512/latest.jpg

What does it all mean? I've already built my cave, you're welcome to come when it all blows up.

Bring beer.

steelwall
06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Ahhhhhh... the bees were just trying to hitch a ride. I wouldnt have been calling 911 though , I would have been at home depot stocking up on be killer....thats just kinda freaky.

As to the NASA bit.... I'm still not convinced it's not 1928 now....

MACH1
06-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Dec. 23 2012 is just right around the corner. :popcorn:

X-Terminator
06-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow, there's almost NO sunspots on the Sun right now! Usually, low sunspot activity means the Sun's magnetic field and solar output is less, which usually means an overall cooling of the Earth that can last for years.

Get ready for some harsh winters!

MACH1
06-03-2009, 12:28 AM
:huh: bu bu but global warming is going to cook us all first.

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
low sunspot activity means the Sun's magnetic field and solar output is less, which usually means an overall cooling of the Earth that can last for years.

But fortunately our SUV's will keep us in the Goldilocks zone , not too hot , not too cold.

Screw them alarmists that want to bring a 2 mile thick ice sheet down on our heads.

Plants love C02.

A green earth is a happy earth, I say.

steelwall
06-03-2009, 12:37 AM
If we ever hit an ice age in our life time, all the world should come together and make bon fires all over the earth while drinking beer...... I bet we could increase the temp a few degrees...... Just a thought????

ShutDown24
06-03-2009, 01:06 AM

I think it's December 21st :chuckle:

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM

It's Dec 21, 2012 - you're going to be late for the Rapture

The Olmecs actually designed the calendar, the Mayans just borrowed the technology.

I wear a gold pre-Colombian god pendant, with a nice emerald embedded.

I'm prepared for all the sky gods when they retyurn.

Preacher
06-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Sigh. . .

So much work to do here Lord.... so much work.

:chuckle:

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 01:25 AM
It's not easy being a shaman.

MACH1
06-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Did a google(that sounds nasty) and both dates show up. :noidea:

Preacher
06-03-2009, 01:45 AM
It's not easy being a shaman.

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
06-03-2009, 04:47 AM
What does it all mean? I've already built my cave, you're welcome to come when it all blows up.

Bring beer.

:chug:I am with you save me a spot.:drink:

stillers4me
06-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Does that mean I don't have to do any Chrstmas shopping that year? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/yess.gif

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-03-2009, 07:59 AM
:huh: bu bu but global warming is going to cook us all first.

Global warming is not only warming..... It is an overall global climate change...
Dont ignore the facts.... It is happening

HometownGal
06-03-2009, 08:02 AM
:chug:I am with you save me a spot.:drink:

Me too! I'll bring the Primantis sammiches and pierogies! :drink:

xfl2001fan
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Global warming is not only warming..... It is an overall global climate change...

You mean that there's global warming (i.e. global climate change) between ice ages? Really? Tell me, "Mr. Don't Ignore The Facts", what caused global warming between the last set of ice ages...or from the last ice age until the 1700's? You know, before green house gasses, pollution and all that stuff? Before the canned hairspray craze of the 80's?

Could this not be nothing more than the natural cycle of the Earth? Who's to say that in between the ice ages, there weren't accelerated growth spurts where the global climate shift got really warm, really fast...or (during the down cycle) where it cooled really fast as well? Could a rapid acceleration/deceleration of temperature over a relatively short span of time not have caused a massive wipe out of the last dominant species (Dinosaurs)?

Present me with some real facts to back up the facts. Don't give me facts and speculate what those facts mean as a counter to other arguments.

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
So much work to do here Lord.... so much work.

Smoke em if you got em

http://hands-around-the-world.com/Piaroa-shaman.jpg

GBMelBlount
06-03-2009, 09:06 AM

More words of wisdom from the resident "Chance Gardener"... :rofl:

fansince'76
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM

The same phenomena is currently happening on Mars at basically the same rate too.

Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it is happening so fast that the red planet could lose its southern ice cap, writes Jonathan Leake.

Scientists from Nasa say that Mars has warmed by about 0.5C since the 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced on Earth over approximately the same period.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1720024.ece

Damn those Martians and their gas-guzzling anti-gravity SUVs!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/marvin_martian_upd.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM

Thats convenient.

That makes the alarmist's correct, regardless of what happens.

"Never mind the cooling temperature's....its just global warming".:doh:

revefsreleets
06-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I've never doubted that Global Warming is real. Has anyone here? I mean it's strict empirical fact that the temperature is getting warmer.

It's the CAUSE that I take umbrage with. We are wasting our time and effort and money trying to stop something that would have happened whether we were on this planet or not. Global Warming is real. MAN-MADE Global Warming is a farce.

Dino 6 Rings
06-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm still in my bunker from Y2K, what's all this 2012 nonsense?

MACH1
06-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I've never doubted that Global Warming is real. Has anyone here? I mean it's strict empirical fact that the temperature is getting warmer.

It's the CAUSE that I take umbrage with. We are wasting our time and effort and money trying to stop something that would have happened whether we were on this planet or not. Global Warming is real. MAN-MADE Global Warming is a farce.

BINGO

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Climate change happens, and it's been going on for billions of years. This has been too hard for us humans to understand. We just assume our comfy world will stay the same, that things have always been the way they are and must continue to be.

Adapt to changes or die.

That is the way of our world.

X-Terminator
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Yeah, it's called the Interglacial Period, which we are smack dab in the middle of right now.

Oh BTW, the Earth had a mini-Ice Age just 350+ years ago, during what's called the Maunder Minimum, when the Sun had next to no sunspots for SEVENTY YEARS. Some astromomers are predicting something similar with this current cycle of low sunspot activity, though not as bad or as long. If that happens, global warming goes right out the window.

The bottom line is that this hysteria about global warming is NOT all man's fault. The Earth has natural cycles, and the Sun has a HELL of a lot to do with the climate and climate change, far more than the global warming hysterics want people to believe.

MACH1
06-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Climate change happens, and it's been going on for billions of years. This has been too hard for us humans to understand. We just assume our comfy world will stay the same, that things have always been the way they are and must continue to be.

Adapt to changes or die.

That is the way of our world.

Change we can believe in. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's called the Interglacial Period, which we are smack dab in the middle of right now.

Oh BTW, the Earth had a mini-Ice Age just 350+ years ago, during what's called the Maunder Minimum, when the Sun had next to no sunspots for SEVENTY YEARS. Some astromomers are predicting something similar with this current cycle of low sunspot activity, though not as bad or as long. If that happens, global warming goes right out the window.

The bottom line is that this hysteria about global warming is NOT all man's fault. The Earth has natural cycles, and the Sun has a HELL of a lot to do with the climate and climate change, far more than the global warming hysterics want people to believe.

I believe there was mass starvation in Europe at that time,15-20% of the population died. Not warm enough for crops to grow.

Godfather
06-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Not to mention that Pope Benedict is "The Glory of Olives". And he's old so Petrus Romanus will probably be Pope by then.

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Oh BTW, the Earth had a mini-Ice Age just 350+ years ago, during what's called the Maunder Minimum, when the Sun had next to no sunspots for SEVENTY YEARS. .

Thar she blows, the Maunder Minimum of sunspot activity:

the red arrow is 1928 - yes, the sun does matter

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z36/AlecRawls/Environment%20and%20climate/NASA_maunderminimum_strip2.gif

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z36/AlecRawls/Environment%20and%20climate/2000-years-of-global-temperaturesSp.jpg

What's this? C02 is going up and temps are going down?
You'll never see this one on CNN.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z36/AlecRawls/Environment%20and%20climate/UAHandRSSvsCO2.jpg

fansince'76
06-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Then it will be right back to this, which, incidentally enough, is what they scared the shit out of me personally with as an elementary school student at the time:

http://www.denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

To scientists, these seemingly disparate incidents represent the advance signs of fundamental changes in the world’s weather. The central fact is that after three quarters of a century of extraordinarily mild conditions, the earth’s climate seems to be cooling down. Meteorologists disagree about the cause and extent of the cooling trend, as well as over its specific impact on local weather conditions. But they are almost unanimous in the view that the trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century....

....Climatologists are pessimistic that political leaders will take any positive action to compensate for the climatic change, or even to allay its effects. They concede that some of the more spectacular solutions proposed, such as melting the Arctic ice cap by covering it with black soot or diverting arctic rivers, might create problems far greater than those they solve. But the scientists see few signs that government leaders anywhere are even prepared to take the simple measures of stockpiling food or of introducing the variables of climatic uncertainty into economic projections of future food supplies. The longer the planners delay, the more difficult will they find it to cope with climatic change once the results become grim reality.

U.S. agricultural output decimated by the turn of the century as a result of a long-term and drastic cooling trend? FAIL.

Wake me after the current human-induced global warming trend ends and the next human-induced "ice age" begins. :coffee:

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
'Quiet Sun' baffling astronomers

The Sun is the dimmest it has been for nearly a century.

There are no sunspots, very few solar flares - and our nearest star is the quietest it has been for a very long time.

The observations are baffling astronomers, who are due to study new pictures of the Sun, taken from space, at the UK National Astronomy Meeting.

The Sun normally undergoes an 11-year cycle of activity. At its peak, it has a tumultuous boiling atmosphere that spits out flares and planet-sized chunks of super-hot gas. This is followed by a calmer period.

Last year, it was expected that it would have been hotting up after a quiet spell. But instead it hit a 50-year low in solar wind pressure, a 55-year low in radio emissions, and a 100-year low in sunspot activity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8008473.stm

----------------------------------------

Compared to the radiance of The Chosen One, the sun can no longer muster the will to live.

RunWillieRun
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Compared to the radiance of The Chosen One, the sun can no longer muster the will to live.

Come'on now...The sun just doesn't want to compete with Barry's radiance.

xfl2001fan
06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
'Quiet Sun' baffling astronomers

The Sun is the dimmest it has been for nearly a century.

There are no sunspots, very few solar flares - and our nearest star is the quietest it has been for a very long time.

The observations are baffling astronomers, who are due to study new pictures of the Sun, taken from space, at the UK National Astronomy Meeting.

The Sun normally undergoes an 11-year cycle of activity. At its peak, it has a tumultuous boiling atmosphere that spits out flares and planet-sized chunks of super-hot gas. This is followed by a calmer period.

Last year, it was expected that it would have been hotting up after a quiet spell. But instead it hit a 50-year low in solar wind pressure, a 55-year low in radio emissions, and a 100-year low in sunspot activity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8008473.stm

----------------------------------------

It's all this damn pollution we've been throwing into the atmosphere...the gravity of the sun has pulled a bunch of it into itself...causing severe cooling (because CO and CO2 just don't burn well)

St33lersguy
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Plants love C02.

A green earth is a happy earth, I say.

That you Al Gore?:chuckle:

Hammer67
06-03-2009, 04:33 PM

I don't know about that...being that this was one of the coldest winters, with the most snow we have had in years, I highly doubt it.

Unproven that global warming is happening because of too many Hummers driving around...

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 10:43 PM
That you Al Gore?:chuckle:

You missed the point totally.

A warm earth is a happy earth.

I hope all the ice melts and Antarctica turns into a steamy jungle again.
A whole new continent to discover for the new pioneers.

Every man gets 40 acres of hemp farm and a mule.

stlrtruck
06-04-2009, 08:17 AM
You missed the point totally.

A warm earth is a happy earth.

I hope all the ice melts and Antarctica turns into a steamy jungle again.
A whole new continent to discover for the new pioneers.

Every man gets 40 acres of hemp farm and a mule.

Can we make that two mules, a roost of hens (gotta have eggs), and some cows (nothing goes better with eggs than steak)?

revefsreleets
06-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Actually, I want to amend a former statement.

The world is warming, but only SLIGHTLY, and it has dips, as well.

If you start looking at temperatures from 1880 til now, and use the US data (which is far and away the most accurate), were only talking about 1 degree, I believe. There were actually warmer periods, too, like between the 30's and 70's.

Antarctic ice packs have been melting for 6000 years. Don't think we had much to do with that. Antarctica also has about 90% of the worlds ice, so if a glacier in Greenland melts a little, it's really not a huge deal. Toss in the fact that the ice is actually thickening in many parts of Antarctic, and, well....there's probably not much to worry about with rising seal levels.

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 09:39 AM
NASA's Latest Discovery: Sun Heats the Earth

A study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth's climate.

The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.

Past research has shown that the sun goes through eleven year cycles. At the cycle's peak, solar activity occurring near sunspots is particularly intense, basking the Earth in solar heat. According to Robert Cahalan, a climatologist at the Goddard Space Flight Center, "Right now, we are in between major ice ages, in a period that has been called the Holocene."

This report may represent the third time that NASA’s DR. James Hansen, Al Gore’s point man on his AGW hoax, has had to backtrack on his claims that humans are responsible for climate change.

In the past Dr. Hansen was forced to admit that 1934, not 1998, was the warmest year on record due to a lack of standardization of weather reporting stations. Hansen also misstated that “October 2008 was the hottest on record,” largely because the data used repeated September’s

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/06/nasas_latest_discovery_sun_hea.html

-----------------------------

They finally admit it was all a hoax.

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Know where Global Warming started? 1988. IPCC, which was created by our wonderful friends at the UN.

In '90 (the work was done in '88) there was a report issued by the IPCC that stated that if there was a man-made effect on the climate, it was to small to detect. The report was ALTERED after it left the hands of the scientists who approved it to actually report the opposite. The IPCC is actually a political body, and not an unbiased scientific organization that it pretends to be.

Dr. Frederick Seitz, past president of the National Academy of Sciences called it "The most disturbing corruption of the scientific process he had ever witnessed".

That single document launched the now trillion dollar industry that is "Man-Made Gloabl Warming". And it's a lie.

Indo
06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Glenn Beck wrote a book entitled "An Inconvenient Book" in retort to Gore's " An Inconvenient Truth" in which he systematically discusses all of the scientific data which categorically disprove the "theory" (notion, lie) of Global warming. He clearly shows ALL of the data (such as that shown earlier in this thread regarding the FACT that the overall temperature of the globe is going down despite the rising CO2 levels...)

I Capitalize the word "ALL" above because of the FACT that there is clear data that has been hidden/pushed aside/CHANGED to "prove" that there is human-caused global warming which will result in a catastrophic event. Beck discusses all of this in his book...

http://www.amazon.com/Inconvenient-Book-Solutions-Biggest-Problems/dp/1416560440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244218839&sr=1-1

I agree with the comments above that the Earth does what the Earth does and we are all just spectators----another species on The Big Blue Marble. When will people begin to understand that we are no different than the ants and insects as far as the Evolution of the Planet is concerned?

BTW--if you are interested, check out the link to the book and look at the Table of Contents. You may find some other interesting topics...

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Actually, the temperature of the globe has gone up about 1 degree over the last 100 years. But even that means very little, as there are huge questions about global v local forces, the accuracy of readings in many parts of the world, etc, etc...

There aren't many people disputing the tiny bit of warming, but the reasosn are all wrong. CO2 is a red herring, and Gore is a crook for fobbing this garbage off on us...

Hammer67
06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, I want to amend a former statement.

The world is warming, but only SLIGHTLY, and it has dips, as well.

If you start looking at temperatures from 1880 til now, and use the US data (which is far and away the most accurate), were only talking about 1 degree, I believe. There were actually warmer periods, too, like between the 30's and 70's.

Antarctic ice packs have been melting for 6000 years. Don't think we had much to do with that. Antarctica also has about 90% of the worlds ice, so if a glacier in Greenland melts a little, it's really not a huge deal. Toss in the fact that the ice is actually thickening in many parts of Antarctic, and, well....there's probably not much to worry about with rising seal levels.

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Someone was talking about all the hurricanes and tornados recently and specilated if it was the result of climate change. I did a little reading and found that the early 1900's had more reported hurricanes in a shorted time then we do now...

Even if we went down a degree in 100 years....so?

Dino 6 Rings
06-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Until I see this in my back yard, I'm not really that worried....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200710/20071025bd_zombiewalk_500.jpg

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 03:56 PM
There has been a very calculated campaign to attribute any and all natural catastrophes to global warming. It's VERY effective, too...who questions it?

The problem is, it's 100% false.

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Until I see this in my backyard, I'm not worried

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/431306643_528c65a6b3.jpg

hindes204
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Gore-backed Hara sees profit from low-carbon economy

http://www.reuters.com/article/smallBusinessNews/idUSTRE5500S420090601?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=10531

"Positioning itself for the new market, Silicon Valley venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins last year invested $6 million in Hara -- which counts the city of Palo Alto as a client -- with the endorsement of former U.S. Vice President Gore, who is a partner."

Its all about money...Al Gore has become a very wealthy man because of global warming

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Its all about money...Al Gore has become a very wealthy man because of global warming

Yet he might be one of the biggest hypocrites that doesn't practice what he preaches.

hindes204
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Yet he might be one of the biggest hypocrites that doesn't practice what he preaches.

Thats the thing...i dont think he cares...its all about the benjamins

revefsreleets
06-08-2009, 08:58 AM
This is becoming a mjor problem, though...literally an emerging market, billions, probably soon to be trillions, spend on something that is just simply not true.

There is an article in my local paper today about clean coal, and the logistical nightmare it's becoming, not to mention the astronomical costs that will be associated with it (naturally passed on to us consumers) all to curb CO2 production.

It's ridiculous...WATER VAPOR is a greenhouse gas we should be worried about, and it's like 97% of the greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere. Termites produce more CO2 than humans do.

And yet this garbage "science" is so pervasive you are labeled a pariah to even question it. And the guy in the white house is a 100% convert to this psuedo-scientific hogwash.

MACH1
06-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Yep, get ready for the power bills to double if not triple.
Coal provides the country with 75% of its power. On top of that is the cap and trade BS thats going to sky rocket prices even more.

Dino 6 Rings
06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I burn tires every weekend in the back yard to keep the zombies away. Works like a charm.

MACH1
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I burn tires every weekend in the back yard to keep the zombies away. Works like a charm.

Works great with mosquitos too.

Fire Haley
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
It's a sign!

A FROG that constantly changes colour is being worshipped as a GOD in India.

The frog was a dazzling WHITE colour when Reji, from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, first spotted it.

Then it changed to YELLOW and had gone GREY by the time he got it home

Lift worker Reji added: “By night the frog was dark yellow, and then it became transparent so you could see its internal organs.

"It seemed like a miracle to me that this frog had so many different coats. So now people come to see him and pray to him.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2469396/Frog-that-changes-colour-worshipped-in-India-as-a-god.html

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3316/hypnotoad.gif

SteelersinCA
06-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Pray to a frog, why not?

Dino 6 Rings
06-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm surprised people in China aren't praying to the Cats with wings too.

Dino 6 Rings
06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
As for the "global warming" aspect of this thread, here is my two cents.

It has zero to do with actual Global Warming, its called Pollution Stupid.

The idea of cap and trade, or carbon credits is counter productive to actually helping the environment. It works like this. Company A pollutes alot, Company B pollutes Less. Company A buys credits from Company B to offset its Pollution buy using up the allowed pollution that Company B isn't using. Does this stop Pollution? No, it only costs Company A more to Pollute, but that is still cheaper than changing its business model because it can just raise prices on whatever good or services it is making/providing that causes the pollution in the first place.

How about this. How about we just stop the execessive Pollution? How about that Al? Maybe instead of a company being allowed to pay to dump mercury into the ground water, we force them to STOP DOING IT!!!

That's why I am so against this entire BS Movement. It isn't designed to actually Stop Pollution, its designed to make some people money, and cost other people more money, all the while the consumer gets taxed, has costs go up and is poisoned in the process of paying for this nonsense.

Fire Haley
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming

Report indicates solar cycle has been impacting Earth since the Industrial Revolution

Some researchers believe that the solar cycle influences global climate changes. They attribute recent warming trends to cyclic variation. Skeptics, though, argue that there's little hard evidence of a solar hand in recent climate changes.

Now, a new research report from a surprising source may help to lay this skepticism to rest. A study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth's climate. The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.

Past studies have shown that sunspot numbers correspond to warming or cooling trends. The twentieth century has featured heightened activity, indicating a warming trend.

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/11265_sunspot_numbers.png

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/11266_Solar_Activity_Proxies.png

Solar activity has shown a major spike in the twentieth century, corresponding to global warming.

http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+Study+Acknowledges+Solar+Cycle+Not+Man+Respon sible+for+Past+Warming/article15310.htm

Preacher
06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Skeptics, though, argue that there's little hard evidence of a solar hand in recent climate changes.

Please give me the names of the "scientists" who are arguing that he single source of heat in our solar system has little to no hand in the changes of heating on the earth.

:rofl:

fansince'76
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Skeptics, though, argue that there's little hard evidence of a solar hand in recent climate changes.

Sigh. On the contrary, there's PLENTY of hard evidence this is so, if one can look past the militant enviro-wacko agenda that myopically insists that the human race is destroying the earth and is the only factor that matters in the equation. Once again:

Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it is happening so fast that the red planet could lose its southern ice cap, writes Jonathan Leake.

Scientists from Nasa say that Mars has warmed by about 0.5C since the 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced on Earth over approximately the same period.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1720024.ece

Dino 6 Rings
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I didn't realize that Martians burnt tires too! They must be just as worried about Zombies...and mosquitoes!

revefsreleets
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
This is exactly like Eugenics: Widely supported, skeptics were mocked and shouted down, and actually had zero basis in actual fact. It was such an embarrassingly wrong theory that nobody even dares mention it any more.

Global Warming will end exactly the same...but this garbage has a long shelf life.

Fire Haley
06-10-2009, 03:28 PM
It's a sign!

Sky 'rains tadpoles' over Japan

Residents, officials and scientists have been baffled by the apparent downpour of tadpoles in central Japan's Ishikawa Prefecture. Clouds of dead tadpoles appear to have fallen from the sky in a series of episodes in a number of cities in the region since the start of the month. In one incident, a 55-year-old man who was caught in a tadpole downpour described hearing a strange sound in the parking lot of a civic centre in the city of Nanao. Upon further exploration, he found more than 100 dead tadpoles covering the windshields of cars in an area measuring 10 square metres. Dead tadpole downpours were also reported by local officials 48 hours later in the city of Hakusan in the same prefecture. The raining down of small creatures such as frogs and fish is a rare meteorological phenomenon that is reported from time to time across the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5491846/Sky-rains-tadpoles-over-Japan.html

There can be no doubt now - the sky gods demand sacrifices. It's a warning.

The_WARDen
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
It's a sign!

A FROG that constantly changes colour is being worshipped as a GOD in India.

The frog was a dazzling WHITE colour when Reji, from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, first spotted it.

Then it changed to YELLOW and had gone GREY by the time he got it home

Lift worker Reji added: “By night the frog was dark yellow, and then it became transparent so you could see its internal organs.

"It seemed like a miracle to me that this frog had so many different coats. So now people come to see him and pray to him.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2469396/Frog-that-changes-colour-worshipped-in-India-as-a-god.html

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3316/hypnotoad.gif

I was praying to the frog when I noticed that the piece of toast I was eating had an image of the virgin mary on it. I went to grab my camera when I say an image of Jesus in the lens.

Signs signs everywhere there's signs

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 11:07 AM
The Armada approaches - do not believe the earthling collaborators

Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified

For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere – but no longer.

Space rocks that explode in the atmosphere are now classified.

http://www.space.com/news/090610-military-fireballs.html

Finally, all those years of work playing Halo will pay off

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/halo_wars.jpg

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Wait, isn't that how the bugs from Klandathu started their attack in Starshoop Troopers?

Dino 6 Rings
06-11-2009, 11:29 AM
So if there is an alien invastion coming...why shouldn't we be allowed to have assualt rifles again?

Dino 6 Rings
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
is this part of the "most transparent government" we were promised. Hushing up Fireballs from space?

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
all's I got to say is

Wolverines!

http://mookieinhiding.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/wolverines.jpg

X-Terminator
06-11-2009, 11:55 AM
NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming

Report indicates solar cycle has been impacting Earth since the Industrial Revolution

Some researchers believe that the solar cycle influences global climate changes. They attribute recent warming trends to cyclic variation. Skeptics, though, argue that there's little hard evidence of a solar hand in recent climate changes.

Now, a new research report from a surprising source may help to lay this skepticism to rest. A study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth's climate. The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.

Past studies have shown that sunspot numbers correspond to warming or cooling trends. The twentieth century has featured heightened activity, indicating a warming trend.

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/11265_sunspot_numbers.png

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/11266_Solar_Activity_Proxies.png

Solar activity has shown a major spike in the twentieth century, corresponding to global warming.

http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+Study+Acknowledges+Solar+Cycle+Not+Man+Respon sible+for+Past+Warming/article15310.htm

That's all well and good, Killer...not to mention TRUE...but the man-made global warming and eco-nutz will just ignore or try to discredit it, despite it coming from freaking NASA and not some two-bit hack "scientist" like a lot of them are.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Wait, isn't that how the bugs from Klandathu started their attack in Starshoop Troopers?

A whole generation is being genetically prepared for virtual combat.

Only little fat kids with cheezy puffs flipper fingers will survive.