PDA

View Full Version : my dream come true

Big D
06-03-2009, 08:53 AM
is Jerry Jones broke?

And I'm not just raising the issue because he was delivering pizzas the other day.

But it certainly appears as though Jerry is paying more attention to the bottom line when it comes to the Cowboys than he's ever done in the past.

Just so you know, broke is a relative term when it comes to millionaires. It means they still have considerably more money than most of us, but not quite as much as they used to have.

Got it?

So Jerry's not really broke.

He can still vacation in the south of France and treat his family to dinner at an upscale steakhouse, but like everybody else these days he's just not spending as much money as he has in the past.

Perhaps, we should just call it belt tightening.

When you examine some of the moves the Cowboys have made in the off-season, it makes you wonder, especially since the Cowboys' $1.25 billion stadium doesn't have a corporate sponsor.

Seriously, think about it

http://jacquestaylorblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/is-jerry-jones-broke.html

fansince'76
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
He's not a millionaire, he's a billionaire. Huge difference. The Rooneys are millionaires and good ol' Jerruh has WAY more cash than they do, as an example. And I have a feeling he's far from broke.

Big D
06-03-2009, 09:00 AM
He's not a millionaire, he's a billionaire. Huge difference. The Rooneys are millionaires and good ol' Jerruh has WAY more cash than they do, as an example. And I have a feeling he's far from broke.

thanks for ruining my day.....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Maybe he finally realized that it is not necessary to pay big money to players to win chamionships.... Go Steelers

KYsteelfan
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
He sees that you dont have to get the biggest names and pay the most to win. its good, but it kinda sucks too, this means that they may actually start to be a real team again. nothing i like seeing more than the cow girls suffering

Vincent
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
"Mr Jones" is on the hook for a very expensive edifice that sits on a very expensive plot of real estate that conspicuously lacks a corporate sponsor. Further, his cowfelons haven't "won" anything meaningful since he purchased Super Bowl XXX. And as much as this makes my skin crawl, "America's team" is on the wrong side of bho's declaration that the Steelers are "his" team.

I revel in the first two points. The third, well...:puke: