PDA

View Full Version : NBC parks the Bus

aries4972
06-03-2009, 12:06 PM
.... Just heard a rumor that NBC has replaced Jerome Bettis in studio with Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy. :banging: anyone else here this?

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

lilyoder6
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
i heard that dungy and harrison were going to become broadcasters.. but i didn't hear or read where they were going

Stang909
06-03-2009, 12:10 PM
sources or i refuse to believe

RoethlisBURGHer
06-03-2009, 12:17 PM
It's not like he is ever on the Chris Collinsworth Show anyhow.

KeiselPower99
06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
ESPN reported today that Dungy and Harrison will be joining NBC this year.

Big D
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Dungy isn't a good fit in my opinion. I think he's to dry.

Carolina Steelers
06-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Im not a big Dungy fan either but people do respect him. I think he will do an okay job on talking about the current affairs in the lg. besides the X's & O's

RunWillieRun
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
They should have kept Bettis and got rid of that gawd-awful Olbermann.

MONTANA GRIZ
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
They should have kept Bettis and got rid of that gawd-awful Olbermann.

Olbermann may be the most annoying person on TV right now.. :banging::banging:

NBC Sunday Night football sucks, period. That war chant music they have drives me nuts!

St33lersguy
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Rodney Harrison ay? Did he accept the offer knowing he is not allowed to deliver cheap hits? He'll fit in perfectly with all the left wing goons who spew false garbage on NBC news

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I think Bettis, Barber and Patrick are the best part of the pre game.

I like Bettis, he seems like a nice guy and his commentary is pretty good, and actually unbiased.

Letting him go would be a mistake.

Yes and this is coming from a Browns fan.

;).

7willBheaven
06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Bettis isnt going anywhere...Tiki is going to be strictly an onsite reporter...and Collinsworth is replacing Madden in the booth...so they have 2 openings and are bringing in Harrison and Dungy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhAvx.SPoaXTvDw_Gc.4K.RDubYF?slug=ap-nbc-dungy-harrison&prov=ap&type=lgns

Steel-Bryan
06-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I like shannon sharpe at cbs lol, that the pest pregame show i think

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-03-2009, 10:23 PM
.... Just heard a rumor that NBC has replaced Jerome Bettis in studio with Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy. :banging: anyone else here this?

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

ya..... and hes coming out of retirement and will be in the Steelers short yardage situations next year:tt03:

vasteeler
06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
i dont mind seeing him leave, he is not very good on tv , not emmit smith bad but not very good non the less

nojobny
06-05-2009, 09:46 PM
NBC replaces Bettis as analyst
NFL Network hires Dungy, Harrison

By Ron Musselman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Bus has been parked.

NBC opted not to renew the contract of former Steelers Pro Bowl running back Jerome Bettis.

And with Cris Collinsworth replacing John Madden as a game analyst, it created two openings on the network's "Football Night in America" studio show.

NBC announced yesterday it hired Tony Dungy, a former Steelers defensive coordinator and NFL head coach, and former All-Pro safety Rodney Harrison as analysts to replace Bettis and Collinsworth.

Dungy and Harrison, who retired yesterday from the New England Patriots, were part of NBC's pregame coverage of Super Bowl XLII, where the Steelers rallied to beat the Arizona Cardinals, 27-23, for a record sixth championship.

"Over the past few years, I've enjoyed getting to know Tony through numerous production meetings and his work on our Super Bowl coverage and have been impressed by the way he handled himself not only as a coach and communicator, but more so as a human being," NBC sports chairman Dick Ebersol said. "What I learned is that in addition to his obvious Super Bowl credentials, Tony is a gifted storyteller."

Dungy, the first black coach to win a Super Bowl in 2007, retired earlier this year after seven seasons with the Indianapolis Colts. He also coached the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for six years.

Ebersol said the format for NBC's pregame show will undergo more changes and that more time would be spent on analysis of the upcoming game on "Sunday Night Football," and less time on highlights.

Bettis joined NBC in 2006 shortly after helping lead the Steelers to a 21-10 victory against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. He ended his playing career after 13 seasons, retiring as the NFL's No. 5 career rusher.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09155/974995-67.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0Hbu2AZGC&C

Psyychoward86
06-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Tony isnt the most exciting TV personality, but he makes for a good man for the position. But Harrison? :/

steelwall
06-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I actually though Bettis was one of the better anouncers period... I never got all the hoopla about Dungy...ok he was a good coach...so what?

STEELAMANIA
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Rodney Harrison is afraid of the "real" Harrison.

Galax Steeler
06-07-2009, 07:12 AM
He don't need to work anyways he has enough money to lay back and enjoy the retired life.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
It's not like they used him much last year on the "Chris Collinsworth Show".

Honestly, Football Night in America was one of the two worst pregame shows on television.

HometownGal
06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
He don't need to work anyways he has enough money to lay back and enjoy the retired life.

He'll probably spend more time promoting his restaurant. :thumbsup:

Tony Dungy is pretty soft-spoken from what I've seen - just can't see him with the "fire" needed for that position. As for Rodney Harrison - :jerkit:

Gawd - the thought of Pecker Head Collinsworthless on MNF gags me. :puke: I think I'll mute it and watch the MNF games without having to listen to his mindless drivel.

Steelers & I
06-08-2009, 05:53 AM
i dont mind seeing him leave, he is not very good on tv , not emmit smith bad but not very good non the less

I agree, he wasn't Emmitt Smiff bad but he was pretty close. So long fatty. :wave:

chucoblack&gold
06-09-2009, 01:07 AM
I agree, I think there was some high expectations from the bus after he retired.

It might be his supporting cast:noidea::. Maybe he'd shine better at CBS or Fox, those guys have better chemistry than the stiffs on NBC.