PDA

View Full Version : Bodies and Debris Beginning to Be Recovered in Air France crash

Fire Haley
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Source: CNN

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (CNN) -- The Brazilian air force said Thursday night that debris picked up near where officials believe Air France Flight 447 crashed Monday into the Atlantic Ocean was not from the plane.

The news came after the Brazilian navy began retrieving debris Thursday that it believed was wreckage from the flight, which disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean.

On Wednesday, searchers recovered two debris fields and had identified the wreckage, including an airplane seat and an orange float as coming from Flight 447. Officials now say that none of the debris recovered is from the missing plane.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/04/plane.crash/index.html

----------------------------------

OK - now it's getting spooky.

NJarhead
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Source: CNN

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (CNN) -- The Brazilian air force said Thursday night that debris picked up near where officials believe Air France Flight 447 crashed Monday into the Atlantic Ocean was not from the plane.

The news came after the Brazilian navy began retrieving debris Thursday that it believed was wreckage from the flight, which disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean.

On Wednesday, searchers recovered two debris fields and had identified the wreckage, including an airplane seat and an orange float as coming from Flight 447. Officials now say that none of the debris recovered is from the missing plane.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/04/plane.crash/index.html

----------------------------------

OK - now it's getting spooky.

Well, it was apparently a bad storm. I wonder if there are any other overdue planes that were reported. I agree...spooky.

Fire Haley
06-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm open to the transdimensional UFO stories now.

KeiselPower99
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Bermuda Triangle????

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 12:15 AM
2000 mi away.

But if they spot bigfoot swimming around out there I'd definititely say the end times are near.

tick tick tick

steelwall
06-05-2009, 12:53 AM
I still think something is totally not right. I'm not going little green men on you, but this crash seemed to be something that could have very well be avoided if it was weather conditions.

I know weather conditions do bring down planes, but VERY rarely commercial airliners.

Sorry to sound cruel but I was in the 82nd airborne, and I have a fear of heights of all things...... but I allways felt that bit of security when I had my chute on, on a plane.

IDEA.... make eavery passenger seat into a thermo producing, floatation device with a parachute...... Things get too hairy bail....heck even in the airborne you were trained to kick the person in front of you if he stalled on a jump.....whaaaa..powww.... actually I did have to kick a dude out one time....pretty cool.

Galax Steeler
06-05-2009, 05:02 AM
2000 mi away.

But if they spot bigfoot swimming around out there I'd definititely say the end times are near.

tick tick tick

Did they retreive a big wad of hair out there.:toofunny:

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 05:38 AM
I still think something is totally not right. I'm not going little green men on you, but this crash seemed to be something that could have very well be avoided if it was weather conditions.

They have no idea where the plane went down - it could be anywhere now

It's a circus

Debris found was from a "shipwreck"

PARIS — The French government expressed deep disappointment Friday over the news that ocean debris recovered by the Brazilian military this week appeared to be the remains of a shipwreck and not from an Air France jet that crashed in the South Atlantic on Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/world/europe/06plane.html?ref=europe

stillers4me
06-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Maybe the are all on "The Island". LOST needs a new batch of characters.

xfl2001fan
06-05-2009, 07:11 AM
I wonder if the fat guy on the plane gets even fatter on an island where excess garbage type foods (chips, snacks and sodas) are in short supply.

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Get the godammed U.S. Navy out there.

Should have know better than to let the Brazilian Navy and French govt run this cluster.

What a bunch of dipshits.

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Here's what happened: The plane was sent into the future, where the atmosphere has been poisoned by pollution. The people in the future steal the passengers from the plane and replace their bodies with analogs that look and feel like real humans but are really just imitations, then return the plane exactly one second later in our present timeline.

But something went wrong here...

Or maybe that was just a movie I saw once...

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Here we go...

"Could a meteor have brought down Air France 447?

Today we are starting to see reports that there actually may have been a meteor:

However, both pilots of an Air Comet flight from Lima to Lisbon sent a written report on the bright flash they said they saw to Air France, Airbus and the Spanish civil aviation authority, the airline told CNN.

“Suddenly, we saw in the distance a strong and intense flash of white light, which followed a descending and vertical trajectory and which broke up in six seconds,” the captain wrote."

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2009/06/04/did-a-meteor-bring-down-air-france-447/

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Meteorite, or killer deathray beam from aliens?

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
This whole "investigation" is now officially FUBAR.

I stand by that statement.

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm standing by my two hypothesis. They are probably about as realistic as anything we'll receive officially...

SCSTILLER
06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Come on everyone, you got it all wrong. There were snakes on the plane that killed everyone, and then the aircraft crashed into an island unknown to mankind. That is why there are no debris fields. Geeez, that's easy to figure out!

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 11:08 AM
"It was a dark and stormy night..."

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Somewhere there's a planeload of passengers wondering why everyone on earth has disappeared.

The Langoliers

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Air France memo - it will immediately change flight sensors in all it's jets

RECIFE, Brazil (AP) — An Air France memo to its pilots about the crash of Flight 447 says the airline is replacing flight-speed sensors in all its medium- and long-haul Airbus jets.

Air France declines to comment on the memo obtained by The Associated Press, saying it is for pilots only.

Airbus says the matter is part of the probe into the crash that killed 228 people flying from Rio de Janeiro to Paris.

The memo sent Friday says Air France has been replacing instruments known as pitot tubes and will finish in "coming weeks." It does not say when it started.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iOegnahAFcEgwJZ4WKGkVz9Dgq5wD98KKO880

-----------------------------

What?

Somebody knows something they're not telling.

HometownGal
06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
C'mon folks - I know you all have good intentions here, but I really don't think an airline plummeting into the Atlantic Ocean with 228 innocent victims on board is really anything to joke about. I think we can exhibit a little more respect not only for the loss of life, but for the families that most likely won't ever have total closure as the bodies of their loved ones might never be recovered.

Dino 6 Rings
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
See, now I want to know more about the Shipwreck, what Shipwreck? Who was on that boat? Why were they in the exact same area as a Commercial Jet that went down?

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 02:41 PM
There was no "shipwreck"...and no crash debris.

Just garbage floating in the ocean.

The Brazilian navy got too excited and started reporting every little piece of crap they saw.

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry, Marianne, no disrespect for the victims intended.

But much disrespect for the Brazilian and French governments botching this "investigation" intended.

Fire Haley
06-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Imagine how the families feel after thinking they were going to have some quick closure.

I blame the French.

Indo
06-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Maybe the are all on "The Island". LOST needs a new batch of characters.

My thoughts Exactly.

where the F is Benjamin Linus? Sneeky little Bastard

Fire Haley
06-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Brazil: 2 Bodies Found Near Jet Crash Site

RECIFE, Brazil -- Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is believed to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.

Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.

"It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said.

The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 45 miles south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals -- roughly 400 miles northeast of the Fernando de Noronha islands off Brazil's northern coast.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/19676364/detail.html

-------------------------------

same area of seach, roughly

stillers4me
06-06-2009, 02:33 PM
No disrespect intended, HTG.

Most, if not all of us have flown in an airplane and to me, there has never been a more terrifying feeling than realizing you are entirely in fate's hands. Anything could happen and there's not a daggum thing you can do about it.

One time, while we we trying to land in St. Lous during a storm, the plane hit a wind shear, tipped on it's side, and the pilot shot that plane straight up into the sky to save us and then we circled for a while before attempting the landing again. Scared the bejesus out of everybody, but funny thing was, the first comments made by the passengers were jokes to ease the tension and anxiety we were all under. It's just human nature, I guess.

Incidently, the pilot got a standing ovation from the passengers when we landed. :chuckle: And he shook all of our hands as we got off the plane. That man was my hero that day.

Fire Haley
06-07-2009, 10:16 AM
More bodies found

The Associated Press
June 7, 2009, 9:03AM

Brazil recovers 3 more bodies near jet crash site

RECIFE, Brazil — Brazil's Navy says it has recovered three more bodies from the ocean where an Air France jet is believed to have crashed, bringing the total number of bodies plucked from the water to five.

Authorities also say they have spotted an undetermined number of additional bodies from the air and are sending ships to recover them.

Navy Capt. Giucemar Tabosa Cardoso made the announcement Sunday from the military search command post in the northeastern Brazilian city of Recife.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/world/6462822.html

HometownGal
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
No disrespect intended, HTG.

Most, if not all of us have flown in an airplane and to me, there has never been a more terrifying feeling than realizing you are entirely in fate's hands. Anything could happen and there's not a daggum thing you can do about it.

One time, while we we trying to land in St. Lous during a storm, the plane hit a wind shear, tipped on it's side, and the pilot shot that plane straight up into the sky to save us and then we circled for a while before attempting the landing again. Scared the bejesus out of everybody, but funny thing was, the first comments made by the passengers were jokes to ease the tension and anxiety we were all under. It's just human nature, I guess.

Incidently, the pilot got a standing ovation from the passengers when we landed. :chuckle: And he shook all of our hands as we got off the plane. That man was my hero that day.

As I said, Sue - I think you all had good intentions here, but it's just kind of hard for me to make light of something this tragic. :noidea:

I posted once before about my return flight from Puerto Rico a few years back - it was truly the most terrifying experience of my life. I will never take a night flight again over the Atlantic - I think that only made everything worse. I was sitting on the wing and we hit the worst turbulence I've ever experienced - the plane dropped very quickly, came back up, dropped again and then banked to the left, then to the right, then dropped again. Threw 13 passengers out of their seats in the back of the aircraft and the luggage compartments on my side all came open and luggage was flying everywhere. :horror: I was hysterical and started to cry as I thought the end was near, as did those in the back of the plane who were more hysterical than I was. The pilot never explained what happened and the seat belt sign never came on - it all happened so fast but seemed like an eternity. The stewards and stewardesses were great, though - they saw how upset I was and gave me 2 vodkas on the house, along with a carton of cranberry juice. I poured both bottles in the glass, put a drop or two of cranberry in for good measure, drank it down and slept the rest of the way to Charlotte. :chuckle: Gawd that was just terrifying.

I can't even begin to imagine the pain these families must be going through. Though bodies are starting to be found and they can be laid to rest properly, the heartache of losing their loved ones in such a devastating and tragic manner will probably stick with them for the rest of their lives. :tombstone:

HometownGal
06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Body count is now up to 17.

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

Searchers find 17 bodies from lost Air France jet
Posted: 06:31 PM ET

RECIFE, Brazil (CNN) — A total of 17 bodies have been recovered from the crash of an Air France jetliner off the South American coast last week, Brazil’s military announced Sunday.

The Brazilian navy and air force said they have found nine bodies in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, where the Airbus A330-200 went down. The crew of a French vessel taking part in the search has found eight, military officials told reporters Sunday evening.

Air France 447 disappeared over the Atlantic early Monday. The jet was en route to Paris, France, from the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro with 228 passengers and crew aboard.

Fire Haley
06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
They're getting closer...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090608/capt.822db25ae93346a4b1c1673a6b61ea35.brazil_plane _rio102.jpg

RECIFE, Brazil – Brazilian divers found a large tail section from an Air France jet on Monday, one of the biggest pieces yet recovered from wreckage that is helping narrow the search for Flight 447's black boxes. A U.S. Navy team is bringing in high-tech underwater listening devices to detect pings from the data and voice recorders.

Two U.S. Navy devices that can detect emergency beacons to a depth of 20,000 feet (6,100 meters) are being flown to Brazil with a Navy team, according to the Pentagon. They will be delivered to ships that will then listen for transmissions from the black boxes, which are programmed to emit signals for at least 30 days.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/647264

SteelersinCA
06-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Crazy crazy story, maybe it's like real world "lost."

Fire Haley
06-08-2009, 02:01 PM
This thread title can be changed by the mods now - they found the plane and bodies - I'm just too lazy to start another thread.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-08-2009, 04:53 PM
how much plane debris is in the ocean

Fire Haley
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
how much plane debris is in the ocean

I'd say all of it.

HometownGal
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd say all of it.

I'd say that's a no brainer. :chuckle:

Thought is probably isn't likely, I pray that they find all of the bodies so that their families can have some sort of closure. I'm also praying that they find the black boxes so that some sense (to a degree) can be made as to the whys and becauses.

Fire Haley
06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
When movies become real

Final Destination

Italian who missed fatal Air France flight dies in car crash

MOSCOW - An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week, killing all 228 on board, has died in a car accident, Italy's ANSA news agency reported.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from the Bolzano-Bozen Province (South Tyrol), and her husband Kurt, were vacationing in Brazil and missed Air France flight 447 from Rio de Janeiro to Paris on June 1. The couple took a flight to Europe later that day.

The car veered off the road near Kufstein, Austria, killing Johanna.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2009-06/11/content_8273771.htm