PDA

View Full Version : Camp to start July 31

mesaSteeler
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Camp to start July 31
Mike Tomlin will open his fourth training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Friday, July 31.

The first open practice will be the next day. I can only imagine the kind of crowd the defending Super Bowl champions will draw for their first practice. It's the first time their first practice has been on a Saturday that I can remember in my 17 years of covering the team.

Not surprisingly, Ben Roethlisberger was back at practice today showing no ill effects of an injury to his left knee that had him walking around like Festus Wednesday.

And people wonder why he's considered a drama queen.

Stefan Logan has the most lateral quickness I've seen since Antwaan Randle El. I would be concerned about his size and ability to take a hit - he's only 5-6 - but he has the skill to play in the NFL.

I got a copy of the Steelers' Super Bowl commemorative book Wednesday and got a chance to go through it last night.

Steelers Digest editor Bob Labriola did an excellent job with it and the photography by Mike Fabus is excellent.

It's a good look at the season that was for the Steelers.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 5:25 PM 2 comments Links to this post

Preacher
06-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't know if this is the first year I am really paying attention here... but camp seems short.. just two weeks. Really, they have a day off, a game, and then another day off.

ricksteelers55
06-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I thought it was his 3rd

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
For more info you can see the thread in the training camp forum.

It doesn't seem that short. One thing I do find crazy is the fact that the Steelers last day of camp is the same day as mine.

Galax Steeler
06-05-2009, 03:32 AM
That is good hearing about Logan. I just don't know if there is going to be enough room for him on the roster.