PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu

BehindSteelCurtain
06-05-2009, 04:34 PM
This person that I know claims that Adrian Wilson is better than TP and every other safety. My initial reaction was "NO WAY" and still is. He says that if he were builing a defense he would pick Wilson. Outside of the SB, I haven't watched the Cardinals play. How can I make a good point?

I know this is funny right?:rofl:

bradness113
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
how many rings does wilson have? hahah

RoethlisBURGHer
06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
While Wilson is a very good safety, there is no safety in the league who is as diverse at Troy Polamalu.

triphahn
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
There is no player in the leaque more disruptive to offenses. You never know were he is going to be.

thebus36idf
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I have seen Troy do things I've never seen before in a saftey. I've seen him Completely dive over the entire line to disrupt a play. I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

CargoJon
06-05-2009, 08:16 PM
The only safety that can be used in the same sentence as Troy is Ed Reed. End of story.

Psyychoward86
06-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Troy's indisputably better in almost every way possible. But just ask him how many rings Wilson has for safe measure :wink:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2009, 01:05 AM
The only safety that can be used in the same sentence as Troy is Ed Reed. End of story.

I don't agree. I don't see Reed jumping over a line of scrimmage to stuff a run play.

I don't see Reed running up to support in the run game.

Reed plays center field, he's not nearly as versatile as Polamalu.

LVSteelersfan
06-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Reed gets all of his interceptions off wounded duck passes and tipped balls because of the people in front of him. Anyone could do what he does behind that front seven of theirs.

TDLP
06-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Polamalu is the only player in the league that plays every position on defence. In short yardage, like against the Ravens in the AFCCG, he gets stuck in almost like a lineman. He plays the run like a linebacker and he covers like a corner. If I'm drafting a team, Polamalu is my first round pick every time.

mulldog24
06-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Troy is faster,more physical,and more instinctive end of story!!!!!!:tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-06-2009, 10:31 AM
In comparing their first 6 years in the league...

Troy has 53 passes defended and 17 interceptions
Wilson had 38 passes defended and 14 interceptions

Troy averages 10 tackles a year less than Wilson...BUT did it on a defense that is ALWAYS ranked higher than the Cardinals and on a defense in which his numbers were not padded by poor D-line and LB play.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM

I would agree...here is what Pat Kirwan just said about the same subject when he was asked who was better during one of his NFL chats.

Rich, NJ
Pat, love your work!! I don't know why people think Ed Reed is better then Troy Polamalu, there is no way. Ed is the best free safety but not the best Safety. Troy is better against the Run, better in blitz and a better Tackler..your thoughts??

Kirwan, NFL.com
Rich, it's steak and lobster. What are you looking for? I like both. You identified the qualities for both. There are games when I think Troy is the best safety. And Reed usually follows that with a great performance of his own. If you force me to pick one, I would take Troy Polamalu. But it's much, much closer than you think.

wootawnee
06-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Plus Troy Surfs...........

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/03/0303_troy_polamalu_ramey.jpghttp://kottkegae.appspot.com/images/cortes-bank.jpg

HometownGal
06-06-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not taking anything away from Adrian Wilson, as he is probably the best defensive player the Cards have, but he doesn't hold a candle to Troy in so many ways, it would take me a month to mention them.

Troy > Wilson

Hands down.

OX1947
06-06-2009, 04:02 PM
The league has seen safeties like Wilson and Reed before. Troy's abilities I have never seen. I have never seen a man an inch from the ball and then run 30 yards backwards to cover a receiver all in 5 seconds, in my entire life.

Troy is the Barry Sanders of safeties, sure there are arguments on who is better past and present, but you have never seen their abilities anywhere before or during.

Galax Steeler
06-07-2009, 06:08 AM
This shouldn't even be an arguable case we all know what Troy can do they is no way wilson is even close to Troy.

The Duke
06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Better tackler and hitter? sure. troy beats him in every other category

except his vertical of course

Milkman
06-07-2009, 09:40 PM
They can keep wilson...

TROY IS OURS! :tt03:

pancake
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Wilson is an elite saftey, but he is not on the level as Troy and Ed. Anyone saying different has questionable football knowledge.:coffee:

BlastFurnace
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Adrian Wilson is a great safety and so is Ed Reed...but...a healthy Troy is the best safety in football.

Troy comes out of nowhere to make plays. Not just the one's that are right in front of him, but the plays that he has no business being in.

There is not a safety in football that is as good as he is.

BlastFurnace
06-08-2009, 12:36 PM
They can keep wilson...

TROY IS OURS! :tt03:

Exactly!