PDA

View Full Version : How to fix an offensive line

mmalone
06-06-2009, 12:01 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles recently signed Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl-caliber left tackle, to a six-year deal worth $60 million dollars that included $24.4 million in guarantees. Earlier this off-season, the Eagles signed a right tackle, who now will play guard, to a six-year deal worth $40 million dollars.

This should keep McNabb standing.

DACEB
06-06-2009, 12:03 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles recently signed Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl-caliber left tackle, to a six-year deal worth $60 million dollars that included $24.4 million in guarantees. Earlier this off-season, the Eagles signed a right tackle, who now will play guard, to a six-year deal worth $40 million dollars.

time will tell

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-06-2009, 03:04 PM

The Browns led the league last year with about 34.5 million in cap space going towards their starting five O-linemen.

I'm not saying, ya know...I'm just saying.

KeiselPower99
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Yep and in a few years they will be reworking those deals.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
How about drafting players who can do the job instead of signing guys to huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge freaking contracts?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Yep and in a few years they will be reworking those deals.

Eh, I think Steinbach and Thomas deserve the Cash. Maybe Mack depending on how he does this season.

Tucker will probably be gone next season, which probably means Mangini will have to draft a RG/RT next year because I don't have much faith in the newly acquired George Foster, Womack, and John St. Clair yet. Although all were starters, they really didn't look all that impressive to me yet, though I'm sort of happy that we're creating some depth in that way.

I'd rather spend big bucks on a lineman over a high priced receiver or another position any day of the week.

That's how games are won, in the trenches, and If the Browns can keep devolping that area that may give us an advantage one day.

tony hipchest
06-06-2009, 08:10 PM
That's how games are won, in the trenches, and If the Browns can keep devolping that area that may give us an advantage one day.i agree. they may keep their ab standing long enough to actually SEE his wr's drop the ball. :chuckle:

Preacher
06-06-2009, 08:15 PM
i agree. they may keep their ab standing long enough to actually SEE his wr's drop the ball. :chuckle:

AB?

Averageback?

KeiselPower99
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Eh, I think Steinbach and Thomas deserve the Cash. Maybe Mack depending on how he does this season.

Tucker will probably be gone next season, which probably means Mangini will have to draft a RG/RT next year because I don't have much faith in the newly acquired George Foster, Womack, and John St. Clair yet. Although all were starters, they really didn't look all that impressive to me yet, though I'm sort of happy that we're creating some depth in that way.

I'd rather spend big bucks on a lineman over a high priced receiver or another position any day of the week.

That's how games are won, in the trenches, and If the Browns can keep devolping that area that may give us an advantage one day.

I was actually talking about the Eagles not the Browns. I will admit Steinbach and Thomas make a damn good left side.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm not a big fan of spending big $$ like $17mil a season on free agent OT's like that. It gets you in cap hell eventually. Just ask the Redskins and Browns how that works out.

Gotta draft and develop young guys, or get serviceable vets at decent value like the Steelers have done with Wayne Gandy, Jeff Hartings, Justin Hartwig in the past.

LVSteelersfan
06-12-2009, 11:58 PM
The Steelers front office is amazing the way they pick gems up even after picking late draft after draft after draft. I think the last two years picks will be making the Steelers a force to be reckoned with for years to come.