PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco: Me And Carson Are Like “Brokeback Mountain

Big D
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/09/ochocinco-me-and-carson-are-like-brokeback-mountain/

Throughout the offseason Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer made several comments indicating his displeasure with wide receiver Chad Ochocinco. While he had nicer things to say at the end of May, the relationship between the two players was something to watch as training camp and the season unfolded.

There’s nothing to worry about, according to Ochocinco. He and Palmer are as close as a couple of cowboys riding out a cold night in the mountains.

“I know people are trying to say we’re mad at each other and all that, but we’re good,” he told Bengals.com. “We’re like Brokeback Mountain. I’m going to be with Carson so much in July that I’m going to be the nanny [for his new twins].”

Quite a change from a man who was trying everything under the sun to quit Palmer a year ago.

The lengthy interview covered many topics, but continually came back to Ochocinco’s claims of a renewed hunger after a subpar 2008 season. He said both Denzel Washington and Kobe Bryant told him to go back to having fun on the field and to stop worrying about the things he can’t control, something he vows to do for a team he calls more talented than the one that won 11 games in 2005.

He also said that his comments about not working out before the 2008 season shouldn’t be taken to mean that he tanked the season. Rather, Ochocinco says he was overconfident about his abilities and his seperated shoulder proved that he couldn’t coast and that he has no fears about returning to form because he’s been working out harder than in the past.

He also reached out to Bengals fans in an attempt to convince them that he wants to be in Cincinnati’s after past trade requests.

“I need the fans to embrace me. I know people are mad at me. I read the message boards, but I’ve apologized 85 times,” Ochocinco said. “If they can embrace me, I can spread my wings and be myself. When they’re mad at me, I don’t know if I can be myself. I’m an emotional guy. I want them to know that I love them and I want to win. I want to be on point with everybody on the team and win. I know I’ve been frustrated when we haven’t won. Maybe now when I vent, I should just do it to the fans on the message boards.”

It might just be a ploy to sell some Ochocinco jerseys, but Chad’s certainly putting on the hard sell in the last couple of weeks.

revefsreleets
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Explains a lot about Carson's Cornhole Classic, doesn't it?

Ocho: "I can't quit you, Carson"

Dino 6 Rings
06-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I actually believe Chad may have a pretty good season this year, being he's going to be playing for a new contract for sure. That's what this entire "change" is all about. He's trying to prove that he's not poison, and he'll have a better year on the field than the crap season he had last year.

STEELtownHAVOX
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Ocho: "I can't quit you, Carson"

that's pretty funny, i had a good laugh

CanadianSteel
06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Ocho arrives at Training camp..

Carson " You had me at Hello....... You complete me"

TheWarDen86
06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I wonder who's the pitcher and who's the catcher. :noidea:
They're both "catchers" IMO. :chuckle:

CantStop85
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I actually believe Chad may have a pretty good season this year, being he's going to be playing for a new contract for sure. That's what this entire "change" is all about. He's trying to prove that he's not poison, and he'll have a better year on the field than the crap season he had last year.

That plus the fact that he'll have a healthy shoulder and won't have Ryan "Noodle Arm" Fitzpatrick throwing to him. :flap:

Galax Steeler
06-10-2009, 04:00 AM

I would say they catch pretty good.:toofunny:

revefsreleets
06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
The mind may be willing, but the flesh is weak.

Ocho's best days are over, and he knows it. He's running on reputation and whatever publicity he can generate. I expect he'll catch about 60 passes, maybe 5-6 TD's. He's a second-tier fantasy guy, a strictly #2 WR.

Can't wait for this douche to fade into oblivion...

rbryan
06-11-2009, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't count on it. NFL network can't seem to get enough of this clown.

Me thinks his future is bunking on those cold nights "out on the range" with his new BFF Rich Eisen once he's done cornholing with Carson.

Either that or he'll replace Flava Flav on a reality show.....Its a toss up

CantStop85
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
The mind may be willing, but the flesh is weak.

Ocho's best days are over, and he knows it. He's running on reputation and whatever publicity he can generate. I expect he'll catch about 60 passes, maybe 5-6 TD's. He's a second-tier fantasy guy, a strictly #2 WR.

Can't wait for this douche to fade into oblivion...

If he's a #2 then who's the #1? Laveranues Coles? Chris Henry? I don't think so.

It's amazing how everyone is acting like he's a washed up 38 year old receiver. He's 31 and had the highest receiving total of his career just the season before last (1440 yards). Then last year he went on his tirade, showed up to mini-camp out of shape, tore his shoulder (which should have shut down his season to begin with), and had Ryan Fitzpatrick as his QB, the guy who couldn't throw more than 20 yards down field...which spells doom for a deep threat receiver like Chad.

This offseason, for whatever reason (he credits last year's embarrassment), he has re-dedicated himself and is supposedly in the best shape he's been in years, not to mention he's already showing up for OTA's. Assuming Carson stays healthy, I can't see Chad getting less than 1,100-1,200 yards this season.

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
He's a #1 ON THE BENGALS. Not on your better football teams.

A) Crotcho is a headcase. Without TJ to read the playbook to him, he's gonna be a mess.
B) He was overrated to begin with. He caught a lot of balls on a pass happy team. He had about 5 good years, and now he's on the decline.
C) As a pure #1, without good support, he'll have a harder time getting open.

CantStop85
06-11-2009, 07:14 PM
He's a #1 ON THE BENGALS. Not on your better football teams.
He's been a #1 on the Bengals for 7 years and they've only had a winning record once in that span and all the while he's been one of the leading receivers in the NFL...so your point is?

A) Crotcho is a headcase. Without TJ to read the playbook to him, he's gonna be a mess.
A headcase? Maybe...but so are a lot of the NFL's wide receivers. And he played 2 years without TJ on the field with him...and had 1,100 and 1,300 yards without him. I think the bigger concern is can TJ produce without Chad there to take all of the pressure and double teams off of him? As far as off the field...he was more of a headcase last year when TJ was actually still here.

B) He was overrated to begin with. He caught a lot of balls on a pass happy team. He had about 5 good years, and now he's on the decline.
I guess Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are overrated as well because they catch a lot of balls on a pass happy team? Chad's actually had 6 good years thus far and even if he's on the decline, he would still be a pretty good receiver at this point...still good for AT LEAST 1,100 yards. And news flash: the Bengals are still a pass happy team.

C) As a pure #1, without good support, he'll have a harder time getting open.
I think Laveranues Coles, Chris Henry, and Andre Caldwell should be plenty of support, especially when Carson is the one throwing the ball again.

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Spoken like a true Bungle homer.

2009 will be 60 catches. Maybe 5-6 TD's. Not bad numbers, but no great shakes comparatively. And it will only get worse...

You Bungle fans kill me...I'd make the inevitable "Titanic" analogy, but it's lacking. Now if the Titanic was a prison barge....THEN we'd be talking.

CantStop85
06-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Spoken like a true Bungle homer.

2009 will be 60 catches. Maybe 5-6 TD's. Not bad numbers, but no great shakes comparatively. And it will only get worse...

You Bungle fans kill me...I'd make the inevitable "Titanic" analogy, but it's lacking. Now if the Titanic was a prison barge....THEN we'd be talking.

Is that the best response you can come up with? Very convincing. Well, I can't actually say I'm surprised.

:wave:

MACH1
06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KLYjVkOLYdg/SMKwfUn4U-I/AAAAAAAAAUw/slIb9tNpqro/s320/ocho+cinco.jpg

revefsreleets
06-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Is that the best response you can come up with? Very convincing. Well, I can't actually say I'm surprised.

:wave:

Actually, it was a pretty good response. I'M not the one ballslurping the biggest douche in the NFL. I'm not the one trying to apologize for the most embarrassing franchise in the NFL, perhaps all of sports. I'm not the one trying to make excuses and find silver linings in the dark clouds of repetitive pattern failure and years and years of a horrificaly BAD team, a team that has losing so ingrained into it's culture that their fans feel compelled to overstate nearly every achievement their lowly POS team has made. Your MASSIVE inferiority complex is showing, bengal fan. Don't take yours, and your teams, tradition of sucktitude out on me.

It's epic failure. Perennially.

60 catches. 700 yards. 6 TD's. As a #1 WITH his overrated QB back, and no excuses. It'll be an improvement on last year, as will the Bengals 6-10 record. Pattern failure.

St33lersguy
06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Carson's the catcher

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/carson%20palmer.jpg

CantStop85
06-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Actually, it was a pretty good response. I'M not the one ballslurping the biggest douche in the NFL. I'm not the one trying to apologize for the most embarrassing franchise in the NFL, perhaps all of sports. I'm not the one trying to make excuses and find silver linings in the dark clouds of repetitive pattern failure and years and years of a horrificaly BAD team, a team that has losing so ingrained into it's culture that their fans feel compelled to overstate nearly every achievement their lowly POS team has made. Your MASSIVE inferiority complex is showing, bengal fan. Don't take yours, and your teams, tradition of sucktitude out on me.

It's epic failure. Perennially.

60 catches. 700 yards. 6 TD's. As a #1 WITH his overrated QB back, and no excuses. It'll be an improvement on last year, as will the Bengals 6-10 record. Pattern failure.

And I'm not the one with the strange obsession/hatred/fetish for all things involving the Cincinnati Bengals. C'mon suit, tell me how you really feel. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
06-13-2009, 07:29 AM
When I think of the Bengals, the very lowliest of teams, one word comes to mind: "Yuck!"

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2009, 05:58 PM
With Palmer back, Ochocinco should have a better season than last, I agree with that CS85.

However, I feel bad for Palmer. Chad wants to babysit his kids? I wouldn't trust Chad Ochocinco to babysit dolls.

CantStop85
06-13-2009, 07:44 PM
However, I feel bad for Palmer. Chad wants to babysit his kids? I wouldn't trust Chad Ochocinco to babysit dolls.
I certainly can't disagree there.

I think the kids would actually end up having to babysit Chad.

MACH1
06-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Of course he'll have a better season without humpsallama to steal his thunder.

tony hipchest
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM
in the latest episode of the jotocinco media blitz, chad has announced he was gonna live with carson palmer and his family during the month of july to make up for time lost when he skipped all the voluntary work-outs.

:thumbsup:

in a similar act of solidarity, chris henry has announced he will be moving in with the local prison warden for the same period of time.

revefsreleets
06-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Disagree. TJ took pressure off CJ. TJ was the best WR on the team, and now he's gone, so all the pressure (and double teams) will roll back onto Chad. He's not the kind of guy to handle pressure well.

When the losses start piling up (and the losses WILL pile up this year), he's going to implode, and he won't have his handler TJ around to keep him centered.

7SteelGal43
06-17-2009, 12:18 PM

:toofunny: as i scrolled down to this response, i was thinking the exact same thing. Not for nothing, but Chad IS a WIDE RECEIVER

CantStop85
06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Disagree. TJ took pressure off CJ. TJ was the best WR on the team, and now he's gone, so all the pressure (and double teams) will roll back onto Chad. He's not the kind of guy to handle pressure well.

TJ took the pressure off, eh? Like he did while he was sitting on the sidelines in 2002 and 2003 while Chad had 1,166 and 1,335 yards respectively during those seasons?

Please...TJ is a fine #2/slot receiver but nothing more...he's no number one. He's a possession receiver. If he's the number one option in Seattle he'll be exposed just like Deion Branch was.

When the losses start piling up (and the losses WILL pile up this year), he's going to implode, and he won't have his handler TJ around to keep him centered.

And once again...news flash...Chad already imploded last year with TJ still on the team.

revefsreleets
06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Sad that I have to educate a Bengal fan on his own miserable team:

A) 2002 the Bengals went 2-14. Chad caught 69 passes and had 5 TD's. Yeah, he had some yards, but who cares? They were playing from behind in every game.
B) TJ had 41 catches for 492 in 2002. That's not exactly "sitting on the sidelines". Most importantly, since those two have been together since college, TJ was there to read plays to the toofless wonder.
C) 2003 was arguably Chad's best year. 90 balls for 1355 and 10 TD's. BUT he had Peter Warwick with him, who caught 79 balls for 819 and had 7 TD's. so some pressure was taken off. I'm sure there was still some stat padding here.
D) CJ wasn't 1/10th the asshole he is now. They finished 8-8 that year, which is considered incredible success for the Bungles, so he was probably relatively happy.
E) The Bengals were still pass happy, still playing from behind. I'd say a lot of these stats were garbage-time in both years.
F) TJ was still around in '03 to read the playbook to CJ.
G) We actually have a recipe for a postal-type melt-down. CJ is as big a douchebag as there is in the NFL. His handler is gone. His team will not have a good year, and his skills are dimishing rapidly. He'll have no scapegoats or excuses. The fallout will be epic, the implosion of biblical proportions.

SteelersinCA
06-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Did you really expect anything less? Bengals fans are all window lickers.

CantStop85
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
What's really sad is that you have this obsession with the Bengals, yet still know absolutely nothing about them.

A) 2002 the Bengals went 2-14. Chad caught 69 passes and had 5 TD's. Yeah, he had some yards, but who cares? They were playing from behind in every game.
We're not talking about the team performance...we're talking about Chad's performance. Chad had probably one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL and still put up those numbers without TJ starting beside him.

B) TJ had 41 catches for 492 in 2002. That's not exactly "sitting on the sidelines". Most importantly, since those two have been together since college, TJ was there to read plays to the toofless wonder.
You got me...TJ was a #3 receiver that year and still managed to take all the pressure off Chad...yeah, right.

C) 2003 was arguably Chad's best year. 90 balls for 1355 and 10 TD's. BUT he had Peter Warwick with him, who caught 79 balls for 819 and had 7 TD's. so some pressure was taken off. I'm sure there was still some stat padding here.
You're proving my point here. He had his best year starting along side PETER WARRICK. First of all, it's spelled W-A-R-R-I-C-K, not W-A-R-W-I-C-K. Considering that you don't even know how to spell his name, you probably don't realize that Peter Warrick is also one of the biggest busts in the history of the Bengals franchise. I hardly think that a receiver who now plays in the Indoor Football League drew all of the coverage off of Chad, in fact I would say quite the opposite.

D) CJ wasn't 1/10th the asshole he is now. They finished 8-8 that year, which is considered incredible success for the Bungles, so he was probably relatively happy.
Every interview, report, conversation I've seen with Chad indicates that he's quite happy this year.

E) The Bengals were still pass happy, still playing from behind. I'd say a lot of these stats were garbage-time in both years.
The Bengals will still be pass happy...believe me...Cedric Benson is not going to be the feature of the Bengals offense.

F) TJ was still around in '03 to read the playbook to CJ.
Oh, I get it. So Chad had a bad year last year because he couldn't read the playbook because TJ wasn't there....wait...TJ was there.

I'm pretty positive that Chad is much more capable of reading a playbook than you or I would ever be. The fact that you're insinuating that he can't is just ridiculous and unfounded so STFU.

I'm sorry Suit...you just have to give up this obsession...you're wrong...you lost...get over it.

tony hipchest
06-18-2009, 07:47 PM
lost in all of this is how fuzzy pink mitten gay chad is.

triphahn
06-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Chad Johnson is in the same category as Terrel Owens. Both talented players that are letting their egos kill their careers. I actually feel bad for buffalo. And after another bad year and more bitching Johnson will get traded and screw up some other poor hopeful team just like Owens is getting ready to do. One of the things I respect about the Steelers is they would never pick up one of these losers.

revefsreleets
06-19-2009, 08:44 AM
What's really sad is that you have this obsession with the Bengals, yet still know absolutely nothing about them.

We're not talking about the team performance...we're talking about Chad's performance. Chad had probably one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL and still put up those numbers without TJ starting beside him.

You got me...TJ was a #3 receiver that year and still managed to take all the pressure off Chad...yeah, right.

You're proving my point here. He had his best year starting along side PETER WARRICK. First of all, it's spelled W-A-R-R-I-C-K, not W-A-R-W-I-C-K. Considering that you don't even know how to spell his name, you probably don't realize that Peter Warrick is also one of the biggest busts in the history of the Bengals franchise. I hardly think that a receiver who now plays in the Indoor Football League drew all of the coverage off of Chad, in fact I would say quite the opposite.

Every interview, report, conversation I've seen with Chad indicates that he's quite happy this year.

The Bengals will still be pass happy...believe me...Cedric Benson is not going to be the feature of the Bengals offense.

Oh, I get it. So Chad had a bad year last year because he couldn't read the playbook because TJ wasn't there....wait...TJ was there.

I'm pretty positive that Chad is much more capable of reading a playbook than you or I would ever be. The fact that you're insinuating that he can't is just ridiculous and unfounded so STFU.

I'm sorry Suit...you just have to give up this obsession...you're wrong...you lost...get over it.

You ask, I answer. I don't care that you don't like the answers, but it's funny that you'll bend the facts and figures in order to defend this POS and the POS team he plays on.

CJ is overrated. He's not HOF material, never was, and his best years are over. He's super douchey, and defending him is super douchey.

You lose, simply by supporting this human piece of garbage.

I do enjoy insulting the Bengals and their fans, though...they are just so awful and pathetic and their fans keep apologizing and finding excuses and trying to polish these turds in any way they can.

SteelersinCA
06-19-2009, 11:05 AM
You ask, I answer. I don't care that you don't like the answers, but it's funny that you'll bend the facts and figures in order to defend this POS and the POS team he plays on.

CJ is overrated. He's not HOF material, never was, and his best years are over. He's super douchey, and defending him is super douchey.

You lose, simply by supporting this human piece of garbage.

I do enjoy insulting the Bengals and their fans, though...they are just so awful and pathetic and their fans keep apologizing and finding excuses and trying to polish these turds in any way they can.

You mean his HOF jacket should read 20Never?!?!?!? No way! Hey Rev, remember when the Bengals made it to the SB that one year and Krumrie tried to trip Roger Craig and #33 snapped his leg? Haha, the Bengals are dirt.

revefsreleets
06-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Here's what you really need to know about the Bengals.

1990's, worst preforming franchise at 52-108

As for this emergence in the 2000's, largely a myth. They are a lowly 58-85-1.

By way of comparison, the Steelers were 93-74 in the 90's, and are 94-49 in the 2000's.

We don't NEED to exaggerate individual players accomplishments, prop ourselves up trying to make silk purses out of pigs ears. There's no need for that kind of nonsense...

CantStop85
06-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Here's what you really need to know about the Bengals.

1990's, worst preforming franchise at 52-108

As for this emergence in the 2000's, largely a myth. They are a lowly 58-85-1.

By way of comparison, the Steelers were 93-74 in the 90's, and are 94-49 in the 2000's.

We don't NEED to exaggerate individual players accomplishments, prop ourselves up trying to make silk purses out of pigs ears. There's no need for that kind of nonsense...

If you want to make comparisons, the Bengals have been no worse in their first 40 years of existence than the Steelers were in the first 40 years of existence...and the Bengals actually have had some playoff success here and there.

But anyway, this "discussion" was about one individual player, not either organization and I'm not attempting to polish up anything, just giving you facts where as you prefer to spew inane BS. But hey, whatever floats your boat, right?

revefsreleets
06-20-2009, 09:34 AM
We can go back to talking about Chad Johnson, but, other than being a semi-retarded attention w hore with rapidly diminishing skills, what else is there to say?

He's a perfect fit for the Bengals? I guess that works...

When I said the Ratbirds were the NFL equivalent of a fat jumpsuited Elvis sitting on the can velvet painting, I failed to mention that the Bengals position relative to that would be a pink flamingo in the background of fat jumpsuited Elvis sitting on the can velvet painting. And CJ is a wonderful icon and spokesperson for such a team.

revefsreleets
06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
That makes me wonder, though....people who BUY fat Elvis in a jumpsuit sitting on the can velvet paintings don't actually KNOW that they are purchasing the apotheosis of tacky gauche trash. Do Bengals fans know any better themselves? Can you count it against them for people being blissfully unaware of just how awful and kitschy their behavior and taste is?