PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Golden Boy out of the Charles River

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Seems Grace can't keep his kayak upright. :rofl::rofl::toofunny::toofunny:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31189701/

Brady flips kayak, rescued from Charles River
'It was more embarrassment than real danger,' specatator says of mishap

Tom Brady had to be rescued from the Charles River after flipping his kayak on Sunday, the Boston Herald reported Tuesday.

“He had to be rescued,” an unidentified spectator told the Boston Herald. “The launch guy went out and got him and got him back in the kayak. He’s been bragging about it ever since. He’s telling everyone he rescued Tom Brady.”

After Brady suffered the mishap on the rented kayak, a boathouse attendant went out to rescue the quarterback, the Herald said.

Brady and wife Gisele Bundchen rented two kayaks for a leisurely ride on the river, the Herald said.

“It was more embarrassment than real danger,” the spectator said.

Brady, the 2007 NFL MVP, suffered a knee injury during Week 1 last year and missed the rest of the regular season. The three-time Super Bowl winner has been looking healthy in practice this year, however.

Dino 6 Rings
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Brady's all wet behind the ears

Psyychoward86
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tom-Brady-is-good-at-many-things-kayaking-is?urn=nfl,169114

Oh, Tom Brady(notes). You've got it all: Millions of dollars, a supermodel wife, three Super Bowl rings, a cleft chin, omnipresent stubble, the ability to hit 280 yards off the tee and, to cap it off, the adoration of men, women and goats worldwide. But the one thing you don't have, Tom Brady, is the ability to kayak.

This weekend Brady and wife Gisele Bundchen rented kayaks for a leisurely jaunt on the Charles River. It probably looked a lot like a Monet painting, until Brady flipped over his kayak, fell into the river and had to be rescued by the launch guy at the dock. (If only I knew how to kayak, I could take pride in the fact that I'm better than Tom Brady at something. Alas, I'd probably have fallen out in half the time that Brady did. And the dude wouldn't have bothered to rescue me.)

Witnesses said the incident was more embarrassing than anything, which, having met a few launch guys who work at kayak docks, is probably true. They're great people, of course, but there are pretty strong odds that the guy who rescued Tom Brady had a crazy beard, smelled of patchouli oil and had probably spent the previous weekend seeing Phish at Fenway. In other words, it could have been Matt Light.

Considering that the paparazzi gets pictures of Brady going grocery shopping, it's rather disappointing that nobody got video of the Golden Boy going all America's Funniest Home Videos on the Charles. For our own amusement, we're imagining it looked exactly like this.

(LOL. Made my day....:flap:)

NJarhead
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I hope Roger Goodell isn't too upset. I'd hate to see kayaks outlawed in the NFL.
Was he at least wearing his swimmies?

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I hope Roger Goodell isn't too upset. I'd hate to see kayaks outlawed in the NFL.
...and pools of semen, cause brady might nearly drown in one of those too.

NJarhead
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I wish it'd had happened in the Hudson instead. :chuckle:

"Kick Tom! Kick! C'mon Tom, you can do it." :rofl:

fansince'76
06-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Surprised one of his hired goons didn't cap the guy from the dock who rescued him. :coffee:

Galax Steeler
06-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Surprised one of his hired goons didn't cap the guy from the dock who rescued him. :coffee:

Yea they all suck !

steelreserve
06-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Considering that the paparazzi gets pictures of Brady going grocery shopping, it's rather disappointing that nobody got video of the Golden Boy going all America's Funniest Home Videos on the Charles.

Oh, I'm sure they got video of it. Goodell just ordered the tapes destroyed.

I'm wondering if this means the Patriots will be awarded another extra draft pick. Any takers?

The_WARDen
06-10-2009, 09:19 AM
I wonder if fans in NE are upset that Brady was kayaking and not spending 100% of his time getting his knee back in game shape.

If this had been Ben coming back from injury and having the audacity to go kayaking, he would be crucified on this board.

fansince'76
06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm wondering if this means the Patriots will be awarded another extra draft pick. Any takers?

Sucker bet. More like picks, plural.

fansince'76
06-10-2009, 09:41 AM
If this had been Ben coming back from injury and having the audacity to go kayaking, he would be crucified on this board.

No, if it were Ben, injury or no injury, he'd get crucified here for being "reckless." He's not allowed to have a life outside of football, you know. :rolleyes:

HometownGal
06-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Dayum - where's a videocamera when ya need one?

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
In further news, the commisioner has decided that the river had an unfair advantage over the Patriots and has proposed a new rule stating that all rivers be drained to a depth of two feet.

memphissteelergirl
06-10-2009, 10:45 AM
In further news, the commisioner has decided that the river had an unfair advantage over the Patriots and has proposed a new rule stating that all rivers be drained to a depth of two feet.

:chuckle::chuckle:

Actually, I wouldn't put it past Godell to do something like that...heaven forbid the league's poster boy broke a nail or got his hair wet. :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Dayum - where's a videocamera when ya need one?

Patriot sideline....?:noidea:

NJarhead
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM

The Charles River is already only two feet deep in that area. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
06-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh, I'm sure they got video of it. Goodell just ordered the tapes destroyed.

:rofl:

This is too funny but I can honestly say that kayaking is the closest I ever came to dying.

I went kayaking with a friend in 38 degree water - right after nationals so practically zero body fat.......and the kayak flipped in the middle of nowhere.

It was one of the most stupid things I've ever done.....but when you're a teen you think you're invincible...:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
06-11-2009, 09:36 AM
...and pools of semen, cause brady might nearly drown in one of those too.yeah right ! he'd have been like a fish in water then !!! :laughing:

1st&Goal
06-11-2009, 09:42 AM
The launch guy went out and got him and got him back in the kayak. Hes been bragging about it ever since. Hes telling everyone he rescued Tom Brady.

After Brady suffered the mishap on the rented kayak, a boathouse attendant went out to rescue the quarterback, the Herald said.

C'mon people wake up ! A world class athlete like Tommy boy who can walk on water doesn't flip a kayak ! Obviousy things aren't going well with wife Jezebel, so he dumped her ass in the river so he could be "Rescued" by that hot boathouse attendant with the cute ass !

Tommy and the boathouse attendant were later seen happily paddling along, gliding through the lillypads holding hands while Jezebel was drying her hair in the ladies room loking as pissed off as wet cat. Tommy wanted to make a public display of his affection toward the bathouse attendant so Jezebel would really get the message.

:love: :sign11:

steelax04
06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Patriot sideline....?:noidea:

No, they're all at the other teams' OTAs.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
[/QUOTE]TheWarDen86;614590]I hope Roger Goodell isn't too upset. I'd hate to see kayaks outlawed in the NFL. Was he at least wearing his swimmies?

GOD-dell will be outlawing rivers and requiring training wheels on Brady's Kayak.

Hmmm if this happened on the Ohio River I wonder if anyone would have fished him out. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
yeah right ! he'd have been like a fish in water then !!! :laughing:

:toofunny: touche.

seriously though, its a good thing this didnt happen while in cleveland on the lake.

they mighta mistaken him for a giant flaming turd.

NJarhead
06-11-2009, 09:40 PM
GOD-dell will be outlawing rivers and requiring training wheels on Brady's Kayak.

Hmmm if this happened on the Ohio River I wonder if anyone would have fished him out. :chuckle:

Preacher
06-12-2009, 01:18 AM
No, if it were Ben, injury or no injury, he'd get crucified here for being "reckless." He's not allowed to have a life outside of football, you know. :rolleyes:

Nah, come on FS, there is a bit of difference between Kayaking and riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

fansince'76
06-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Nah, come on FS, there is a bit of difference between Kayaking and riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Yes, but I can guarantee you the motorcycle episode would have been trotted out for the umpteen-billionth time as well as more "evidence" of his "history of recklessness." Let's face it, more than a few people here freak out when the guy gets so much as a damn hangnail and seem to expect him to live in a plastic bubble when he isn't playing.

NJarhead
06-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes, but I can guarantee you the motorcycle episode would have been trotted out for the umpteen-billionth time as well as more "evidence" of his "history of recklessness." Let's face it, more than a few people here freak out when the guy gets so much as a damn hangnail and seem to expect him to live in a plastic bubble when he isn't playing.

Plus Ben knows how to ride a motorcycle. The accident was that woman's fault. Golden Boy apparently doesn't know basic kayaking. But it's a comfort to know that shit floats. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I guess Goodell will find a way to see if he can rig a few games for New England.

NJarhead
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I guess Goodell will find a way to see if he can rig a few games for Detroit.

Huh?

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Huh?

I meant New England. :doh:

NJarhead
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I meant New England. :doh:

Okay. It's Friday and you are forgiven. :drink:

LVSteelersfan
06-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Brady was slammed into by a passing catfish which turned over his kayak. The fish was cited for drunken swimming and her license was suspended indefinitely. What a maroon. I am better than Brady at kayaking because I kayaked all over Lake Mead without tipping over. WOO HOO. I am better than Brady.

The Patriot
06-13-2009, 12:05 AM
We need to change kayaking safety rules ASAP.

tony hipchest
06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
you know why they dont let brady go swimming in the ocean?

because they cant get the smell out of the fish.

:toofunny:

The Patriot
06-13-2009, 09:56 AM

I've got one!

How many sacks will it take for the Steelers to beat Brady?

-Atleast 5 or 6 (if they're filled with rocks and he's asleep)

:sofunny:

Your move, compadre.

MasterOfPuppets
06-15-2009, 05:01 AM
I've got one!

Your move, compadre.
just one ...teabaggin makes him forget all about football .....:rofl:

Galax Steeler
06-15-2009, 05:23 AM

Good one Tony :sofunny:

NJarhead
06-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I've got one!

Your move, compadre.

Does that mean "we're only gonna score 14 points? okay." :chuckle:

The Patriot
06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Does that mean "we're only gonna score 14 points? okay." :chuckle:

It was 17...

NJarhead
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
It was 17...

14 was funnier as he never scored the predicted 17.

Shad up and enjoy your freaking Sawx streak. :hmmph:

The Patriot
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
14 was funnier as he never scored the predicted 17.

Shad up and enjoy your freaking Sawx streak. :hmmph:

I really am. Every second of it. I just want you to know. :grin:

NJarhead
06-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I really am. Every second of it. I just want you to know. :grin:

I've been spoiled as a Yankees fan so it's really not going to bother me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing Red Sox fans suffer, but they owe us a few right now.

Now, back on topic. We left off at :

"So we're only going to score 14 (17) points? Okay." :chuckle:

I believe it's your turn now.

The Patriot
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I've been spoiled as a Yankees fan so it's really not going to bother me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing Red Sox fans suffer, but they owe us a few right now.

Now, back on topic. We left off at :

I believe it's your turn now.

My turn? okay. All I can say is that not everybody gets to play the Arizona Cardinals. I'm just saying that most superbowl teams win because they don't give up the 60 yard touchdown crap play in the final minutes.

SteelersinCA
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Not everyone gets video tapes of the opposing teams practicing either.

steelwall
06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
My turn? okay. All I can say is that not everybody gets to play the Arizona Cardinals. I'm just saying that most superbowl teams win because they don't give up the 60 yard touchdown crap play in the final minutes.

Not everyone gets the chance to have the other teams signals either :noidea:

NJarhead
06-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Like how the Giants did it against the Pats? Or how the Giants prevented the greatest QB ever known to man from getting it to the most uncoverable WR in the history of the NFL in the last 40 seconds of that same game (and most of that day)?

The Patriot
06-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Like how the Giants did it against the Pats? Or how the Giants prevented the greatest QB ever known to man from getting it to the most uncoverable WR in the history of the NFL in the last 40 seconds of that same game (and most of that day)?

Exactly. Which is why the Giants beat us. Defense, however, didn't win your championship (which seems out of character for traditional hard-nosed Pittsburgh). Your offense had to bail you out. Which is also ironic because I specifically remember threads entitled; "Great job, Ben. You single-handedly lost another one!" earlier that the season. :sofunny:

NJarhead
06-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Exactly. Which is why the Giants beat us. Defense, however, didn't win your championship (which seems out of character for traditional hard-nosed Pittsburgh). Your offense had to bail you out. Which is also ironic because I specifically remember threads entitled; "Great job, Ben. You single-handedly lost another one!" earlier that the season. :sofunny:

Really? Harrisons 99 yard INT return didn't help us? They won as a whole team (although we could have had a better performance from the punter). Defenses that can hold a team (a Super Bowl team) to around 20 points these days is a damn good defense. Ben and co. finished it off and without settling for a FG.

As far as the Ben bashing threads, I am quite sure we can find those same ones in Patriot forums following every loss. Maybe not Brady, but the blame game none-the-less.

The Patriot
06-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Really? Harrisons 99 yard INT return didn't help us? They won as a whole team (although we could have had a better performance from the punter). Defenses that can hold a team (a Super Bowl team) to around 20 points these days is a damn good defense. Ben and co. finished it off and without settling for a FG.

As far as the Ben bashing threads, I am quite sure we can find those same ones in Patriot forums following every loss. Maybe not Brady, but the blame game none-the-less.

All I know is that I bet on the spread and didn't have a fun time. You guys are just lucky. You get sooo many freakin breaks. 99 yard interception return. Jesus Christ. We could have used one of those. :banging:

NJarhead
06-18-2009, 07:03 PM
All I know is that I bet on the spread and didn't have a fun time. You guys are just lucky. You get sooo many freakin breaks. 99 yard interception return. Jesus Christ. We could have used one of those. :banging:

Spread??? Breaks???? Hey pot! It's kettle! :chuckle:

Seriously Homey, you guys won three SB's by a combined 9 points. Adam V. had to rescue you guys all three times. I do not want to hear you bitch about the spread. :laughing:

As far as breaks?.?.: IT ... WAS ... A ... FUMBLE!!!!

And that's just one of the big breaks the Pats got over the years.
Not to mention that "every time a Patriot gets hurt, there's a rule change."
...I know I'm forgetting something here....:tap:

And no, it's not spygate.

The Patriot
06-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Spread??? Breaks???? Hey pot! It's kettle! :chuckle:

Seriously Homey, you guys won three SB's by a combined 9 points. Adam V. had to rescue you guys all three times. I do not want to hear you bitch about the spread. :laughing:

As far as breaks?.?.: IT ... WAS ... A ... FUMBLE!!!!

And that's just one of the big breaks the Pats got over the years.
Not to mention that "every time a Patriot gets hurt, there's a rule change."
...I know I'm forgetting something here....:tap:

And no, it's not spygate.

Hey, you know I'm just bitter. It's hard to talk smack with the team that's won the Super Bowl. What I'm really interested to see is whether or not you can finally beat the Titans. It seems that two of your toughest games are your first ones this season.

revefsreleets
06-19-2009, 11:25 AM
The Pats really should change their name to the "New England Vinatieris".

Without him, you win zero championships.

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey, you know I'm just bitter. It's hard to talk smack with the team that's won the Super Bowl. What I'm really interested to see is whether or not you can finally beat the Titans. It seems that two of your toughest games are your first ones this season.

I think we're going to clobber the Titans. My hope is that at the end of the day Lendale White's limbs are hung at each corner of the field and his head adrons the big screen. :chuckle:

As far as being bitter...., I understand buddy.

"How 'Bout a Fresca?"
http://www.adpulp.com/archives/caddy103.JPG

Dino 6 Rings
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM

Great read on the Pats site, "Brady most hit QB since 2000"

makes you feel good about our OLINE!!! :sofunny:

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Great read on the Pats site, "Brady most hit QB since 2000"

makes you feel good about our OLINE!!! :sofunny:

He is? Wow.

The Patriot
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
He is? Wow.

Just goes to show how quickly he gets the ball off.

CargoJon
06-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Just goes to show how quickly he gets Belicheks' balls off.

fixed it for you.

TackleMeBen
06-19-2009, 01:58 PM
i think i would have left him in the river and told him to swim..lol

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Just goes to show how quickly he gets the ball off.

Umm, reread what I responded too: "MOST hit QB since 2000." Not least hit.

The Patriot
06-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Umm, reread what I responded too: "MOST hit QB since 2000." Not least hit.

Yes, he is the most hit QB, but of those hits he's only been sacked 203 times. McNabb alone has been sacked 294 times since 2000. Roethlisberger has been sacked 192 times since 2004, which means he's on track 269 sacks by his seventh season.

Brady gets the ball off, and then gets hit. Which is why he was sacked 21 times in 2007 and Cassel was sacked 47 times in 2008.

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Yes, he is the most hit QB, but of those hits he's only been sacked 203 times. McNabb alone has been sacked 294 times since 2000. Roethlisberger has been sacked 192 times since 2004, which means he's on track 269 sacks by his seventh season.

Brady gets the ball off, and then gets hit. Which is why he was sacked 21 times in 2007 and Cassel was sacked 47 times in 2008.

I'm not convinced. If he got it off quicker they wouldn't be able to hit him.

The Patriot
06-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm not convinced. If he got it off quicker they wouldn't be able to hit him.

Which is why Brady is so good. He doesn't force throws. He'll wait as long as it takes for somebody to get open, even if he has to take the hit.

Watch Brady get clobbered on his record TD to Moss.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGWjti8fWAs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGWjti8fWAs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Which is why Brady is so good. He doesn't force throws. He'll wait as long as it takes for somebody to get open, even if he has to take the hit.

Watch Brady get clobbered on his record TD to Moss.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGWjti8fWAs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGWjti8fWAs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As much as I'd love to watch him get clobbered, I can't. It's blocked. I'll try to remember to watch it (over and over) later on. :chuckle:

I see what you're saying though.

You win this time Green Hornet, but I'll be back! :laughing:

Now go drink your Fresca.

The Patriot
06-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Now go drink your Fresca.

We drink Moxie up here.

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 05:07 PM
We drink Moxie up here.

Among other things, oh P-Town frequentor. :chuckle:

NJarhead