PDA

View Full Version : Top 99 Players in the NFL

Dino 6 Rings
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Per Fox Sports, Ben ranked #3 Best player in the NFL. Steelers with 7 on the list.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9666292/Top-99-players-for-'09:-No.-1-20

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Not to hate..But I don't even consider Ben the best player on your team.

I think Polamalu or Harrison deserve that honor and should be ranked higher. I'd switch his and Bens' place. Is he good? Yeah, but certainly Troy is more valuable to your team IMO. I'd kill for a guy like him on the Browns.

Also, why no love for my man Ryan Pontbriand on the list? Guy's a Two-timer pro-bowler and the best player on the Browns. :D

fansince'76
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Fitz is the "single-most valuable non-quarterback heading into the 2009 NFL season," but Troy "may be doomed for the '09 year ... he's on the Madden cover." I honestly don't know why I even bother to click on the links to these sorts of "lists" anymore.

Next. :coffee:

The Duke
06-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Fitz is the "single-most valuable non-quarterback heading into the 2009 NFL season," but Troy "may be doomed for the '09 year ... he's on the Madden cover." I honestly don't know why I even bother to click on the links to these sorts of "lists" anymore.

Next. :coffee:

offseason boredom I guess. and the "experts" have to get paid for something, even if it's bs

it's not all that stupid though....

"I recognize Brees' ability, and am as in awe of his 2008 statistics as the next guy. But, Roethlisberger's got the Super Bowl rings.

but yeah, this lists are pretty much useless. bring on the season already!!

Galax Steeler
06-11-2009, 04:02 AM
I think Troy should have been on up the list he is close to Ed Reed.

Steel Head
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I clicked that link and nearly spit water out of my mouth after seeing Panthers LB Jon Beason ranked the #20 best player in the NFL! really? what?

Big Ben is #1 in my book.

Manning only has 1 SB title and Brady hasn't won since his 3 tainted spygate SB's. And Brady has never thrown a game-winning touchdown to win the Super Bowl.

7willBheaven
06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Since i was bored i decided to look at this guys list. I didnt pay attn to many of the non Steelers, but the few i did looked fitting. As far as the Steelers go:

88. Holmes
82. Woodley
65. Hampton
15. Troy
11. J. Harrison
3. Ben

I personally would have had Holmes a little higher but thats just me. Also i think Ward is definitely deserving of the list and maybe Farrior and/or A. Smith.

I know the guy who wrote it based it on these 3 things:

1. Which player would I rather have on my team?
2. Which player would make the most impact on my team?
3. Which player will be the best in 2009, specifically?

I really think...especially Hines could fit into those 3 w/o a problem...he may not put up HUGE numbers, but the Steelers would not be the same w/o him.

Indo
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
A wave of nausea is just settling after I read that "Top 20"....

Ed Reed (#10) is higher on the list than both Troy (#15) and Silverback (#11)

Ed plays centerfield----can't make a tackle to save his life
Troy is a beast--entire Offensive schemes have to be re-worked to account for him
and Silverback---DPOY, best play ever in a SB, and "I ain't going to meet no President " says it all

As for Ben---at least he gets Some recognition, but he should be #1 after that performance in The Game

C'mon Man! Marcia (what-have-you-done-lately-except-almost-drown-in-a-kayak) Brady?

espn trolls just can't stop slobbering all over him

NJarhead
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Since i was bored i decided to look at this guys list. I didnt pay attn to many of the non Steelers, but the few i did looked fitting. As far as the Steelers go:

88. Holmes
82. Woodley
65. Hampton
15. Troy
11. J. Harrison
3. Ben

I personally would have had Holmes a little higher but thats just me. Also i think Ward is definitely deserving of the list and maybe Farrior and/or A. Smith.

I know the guy who wrote it based it on these 3 things:

1. Which player would I rather have on my team?
2. Which player would make the most impact on my team?
3. Which player will be the best in 2009, specifically?

I really think...especially Hines could fit into those 3 w/o a problem...he may not put up HUGE numbers, but the Steelers would not be the same w/o him.

Our guys play as a team. Indivdually, I would have no idea where they deserve to be ranked. But on the field as The Pittsburgh Steelers, they have proven they are #1. :tt03:

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
i was a lil bit suprised to see that they had ben ranked #3

but if anything troy and reed should be consective in that order.. both are rly great... i would have troy before reed.. but i would def have reed right behind troy in the numbers

OX1947
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Calling someone the best during their career is a waste of time. I believe a player needs to be judged when he hangs up the uniform for good.

Psyychoward86
06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Calling someone the best during their career is a waste of time. I believe a player needs to be judged when he hangs up the uniform for good.

Very true

sherlock
06-14-2009, 12:49 AM
What,no Ryan Clark!!......stupid list.