PDA

View Full Version : OTAs finish up

mesaSteeler
06-12-2009, 09:04 AM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/06/otas-finish-up.html
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

OTAs finish up
With much sorry, I have to report that OTAs are finally over.

The players headed out to their homes/vacations/continued workouts after a solid round of workouts that was shortened in this somewhat in this final week.

Tuesday's practice was skipped as Mike Tomlin took the players bowling, while Wednesday's practice was at Heinz Field, where the youngsters were given the grand tour of the facilities.

The Heinz Field practice/stadium walkthrough was closed to the media.

My impressions of this team after watching them a number of times this spring is that they seem to still have the fire that the 2006 team was lacking.

Perhaps it's different leadership or perhaps it's because many of the key players are now over 30 and realize their opportunities are very limited to win another Super Bowl.

But whatever it is, the change is evident.

Nearly every publication/prognostication I see has the Steelers as the second-best bet to win the Super Bowl in the upcoming season behind New England.

And you know what? I can't argue that.

But the Patriots have been the favorite for several seasons now and the Steelers have won two Super Bowls since New England won its last one.

Things can change quickly in the NFL and the favorites don't always win.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 3:24 PM

Galax Steeler
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I guess it will be hard to find something to talk about again untill Latrobe rolls around again.

LVSteelersfan
06-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I guess it will be hard to find something to talk about again untill Latrobe rolls around again.

Nah. Not hard to find things to talk about. Why don't we go after Michael Vick now that he has been released? Or steal Brett Favre right out from under the Vikings? We need a backup QB don't we. :flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::f lap::flap:

JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always hated the way Vick plays QB (can't throw the ball in the ocean) and Favre is an INT machine. I do hope that Dixon pans out as the backup though because Batch is getting long in the tooth.