PDA

View Full Version : congrats Pittsburgh fans

teddy jones
06-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Looks like a Stanley cup trophy will be coming to the Burgh to go along with the Lombardi trophy!!!

Petesburgh66
06-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Congrads from a Maple Leafs fan. I held out posting on wishing luck for Penguins nation after last year as I didn't want to jinx them. Last years lost in the finals still left me with a bad taste, considering I hate the Red Wings.

But wow, what an Stanley Cup run by the Penguins this year. This was just as good when Mario and the gang first did this in 1991. But the Penguins didn't have to beat Goliath in 1991. Out of the three cup runs, this has to be the best one.

My brother is on cloud nine right now. So I am I as Mario aka GOD has been involved all three Stanley Cups for the city of Pittsburgh.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys. I can not put all of the emotions I am feeling right now into words.

HometownGal
06-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys. I can not put all of the emotions I am feeling right now into words.

I'm right there with you on that buddy! :drink::hug:

Thank you both for the very classy posts and the congrats! :hatsoff::drink: I've been a Pens fan for a lot of years and went through the good and the bad with the team and I don't ever think I've been this ecstatic! :banana:

Crushzilla
06-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Pittsburgh is the City of Champions.

I was absolutely thrilled to see Max (especially) thrive tonight.

Talbot does EVERYTHING he can for this team. I joke about his television appearances, but he IS a superstar.

A winning season for the Pirates would be a perfect year.

Hammer67
06-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Baby girl was born
Penn State won Big 10 and went to Rose Bowl
Steelers won Super Bowl
Penguins win Stanley Cup
(Pirates....meh)

It's been a great year for me...

Petesburgh66
06-13-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm right there with you on that buddy! :drink::hug:

Thank you both for the very classy posts and the congrats! :hatsoff::drink: I've been a Pens fan for a lot of years and went through the good and the bad with the team and I don't ever think I've been this ecstatic! :banana:

It's just the beginning for the Pittsburgh Penguins and their fans. I am not going to say the "D" word, but the young core of this team (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Stall and Letang) is going to get better. Plus the Penguins are getting a new arena soon. This franchise is going to be the envy of the NHL. Sorry, Detroit your time is up and to be frank, it's about time. They represent the old NHL (aka trap system, obstruction and just an overall boring style of hockey).

As for emotions, I popped huge when Mario Lemieux got another chance to hold up the Stanley Cup. The memories of Mario holding the Cup twice as a player just came rushing back. I had to wipe a tear away. When Mario passed the cup back to Sidney Crosby, that to me was official passing of the torch. Good years are a coming.

Galax Steeler
06-13-2009, 05:14 AM
It's just the beginning for the Pittsburgh Penguins and their fans. I am not going to say the "D" word, but the young core of this team (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Stall and Letang) is going to get better. Plus the Penguins are getting a new arena soon. This franchise is going to be the envy of the NHL. Sorry, Detroit your time is up and to be frank, it's about time. They represent the old NHL (aka trap system, obstruction and just an overall boring style of hockey).

As for emotions, I popped huge when Mario Lemieux got another chance to hold up the Stanley Cup. The memories of Mario holding the Cup twice as a player just came rushing back. I had to wipe a tear away. When Mario passed the cup back to Sidney Crosby, that to me was official passing of the torch. Good years are a coming.

Thanks and I hope you are correct I hope they will be a force for years to come.:drink:

triphahn
06-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I live out west don't watch to much hockey. Hard core steelers fan. Congratulations to Pittsburgh. You guys must be tearing down the buildings. Stanley cup to go along with the Lombardi. Awesome. I remember the celebration in the 70's when the Steelers and Pirates did it. I am so happy for the city.

steelerbackr4life
06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Conrats Pens! Everyone in Pittsburgh deserves this! It could not happen to a greater town! I was rooting for the Penguins from the Bronx last night. Enjoy Yinzers!

devilsdancefloor
06-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Congrads pens fans! anyone tha can beat the evil empire gets my THANKS & appreciation

X-Terminator
06-13-2009, 10:11 PM

Can't put it any better than that. I was saying last night that this was only the beginning, and that Lord Stanley's Cup will be taking up residence here a few more times before all of those guys are done. It's definitely a great time to be a Penguins fan.

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Can't put it any better than that. I was saying last night that this was only the beginning, and that Lord Stanley's Cup will be taking up residence here a few more times before all of those guys are done. It's definitely a great time to be a Penguins fan.

I have never been more happy to be one in my life.

Funny Part is, the first team to win The Stanley Cup during my childhood was the Pittsburgh Penguins. Hmmmm, Irony.