PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe - The Rise of Cobra

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBfnQXWvatw

i'm gonna say, imo... this movie looks like it's going to be pretty good

Psyychoward86
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
The most retarded movie idea this year besides DragonBall Z: Evolution. Lol, there's only one asian in that movie :flap:. That itself says a lot.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
well it looks a lot better than the dragonball movie...
and it actually has stars that ppl know of...

pittsburghp8baller
06-13-2009, 12:02 AM
im looking forwards to this. It looks good, its been a pretty good year for movies

JEFF4i
06-13-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm soooooooo excited for it!

Man I grew up on G.I. Joes. This movie feels so manly that it might even make a Republican out of me!

Petesburgh66
06-13-2009, 02:25 AM
I also grew up with G.I. JOE. But I am looking more forward to Transformers II this summer. The G.I. JOE movie looks real chessy, especially with the Joes running around with accelerator suits.

SteelersMongol
06-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Wow. She's hot. :wink02:

http://entertainmentnow.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/gijoebaroness2-526.jpg

lilyoder6
06-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I also grew up with G.I. JOE. But I am looking more forward to Transformers II this summer. The G.I. JOE movie looks real chessy, especially with the Joes running around with accelerator suits.

this is a good yr for the box office.. some good movies have come out lately... and they are about to release 3 big blockbuster moives within weeks of each other...

it's gonna be crazyyyy

The Duke
06-13-2009, 11:15 AM
The most retarded movie idea this year besides DragonBall Z: Evolution. Lol, there's only one asian in that movie :flap:. That itself says a lot.

I'm a big DB fan, but just seeing the trailer was enough for me. too stupid

now GI Joe, it may sound weird as a movie, but it actually looks great

KeiselPower99
06-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Ill go and check out it.

lilyoder6
06-14-2009, 04:32 PM
so far.. the trailers look good..

and the action looks good

Cheppy
06-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Stephen Sommers, aka, "the guy who directed Van Helsing" made this. It's gonna suck. Public Enemies is the only flick I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer.

Dino 6 Rings
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
All I can say is...

ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!

WOOOHOOO!

I'm going to see this film for the Snakes Eyes vs Storm Shadow fight scene alone. If Destro makes a guest appearence, Bonus for me. And Cobra Commander...Oh man...I'm going to love this film....even if the Van Helsing (over the top garbage) guy did direct it. Hope Hawk dies too....that'll be the prellude to Duke taking over...nice...

Yeah...I'm a GI Joe Geek...Who's gotta problem with that!!!

Cheppy
06-14-2009, 06:17 PM
If Destro makes a guest appearence, Bonus for me

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/77717/gijoe.jpg

Destro is third from the left. Notice Marlon Wayans trying to be a badass.

JPPT1974
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Seems like a kickass movie!

devilsdancefloor
06-14-2009, 10:57 PM
it looks like a kick ass movie cant wait!

The Patriot
06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Considering that a test-screening of the film tested the lowest score in Paramount history, the director Stephen Sommers was fired and removed from the set, and an emergency team of editors was called in last week to see if the film could even be made releasable.... yeah, the trailer looks great!

revefsreleets
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Considering that a test-screening of the film tested the lowest score in Paramount history, the director Stephen Sommers was fired and removed from the set, and an emergency team of editors was called in last week to see if the film could even be made releasable.... yeah, the trailer looks great!

That's the problem with a lot of these movies. They can literally make any POS look good by showing ALL the good parts of the movie via the trailer. That's why they send out to trailer houses in the first place....these guys are GOOD!

I've found myself baited and switched many times, realizing 2/3rds of the way through a movie (often comedies) that every funny part of the actual movie I'd already seen........in the trailer!

Dino 6 Rings
06-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I heard the Land of the Lost was nothing but basically fart and sex jokes for 90 minutes. didn't get that from the trailer. I'll wait for October when its on HBO to see for myself.

I just want Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow, to see if they can make it even 1/10th as close to the way their epic battles used to be in my bedroom late at night when I was a kid. All kinds of collateral damage from their battles...sisters care bears and smurfs...just were in the wrong place...at the wrong time...

Steeldude
06-17-2009, 01:06 AM
IMO, this movie is going to be extremely corny. one of the reasons for that is the PG-13 rating. if it was R rated it "might" be worth watching.

i expect an absurd movie like transformers.

I just want Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow, to see if they can make it even 1/10th as close to the way their epic battles used to be in my bedroom late at night when I was a kid

lmao...i remember having epic battles with he-man action figures.

Dino 6 Rings
06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
IMO, this movie is going to be extremely corny. one of the reasons for that is the PG-13 rating. if it was R rated it "might" be worth watching.

i expect an absurd movie like transformers.

lmao...i remember having epic battles with he-man action figures.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not paying 10 bucks a ticket to see this movie at the theatre, but I'll pay 3 bucks to rent it on Pay Per View to watch it in HD on my Sony Bravia in 5 months when its out on Direct TV.

He-Man...got them in my attic right now all locked up in Castle GreySkull.

Hammer67
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
All I can say is...

ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!

WOOOHOOO!

I'm going to see this film for the Snakes Eyes vs Storm Shadow fight scene alone. If Destro makes a guest appearence, Bonus for me. And Cobra Commander...Oh man...I'm going to love this film....even if the Van Helsing (over the top garbage) guy did direct it. Hope Hawk dies too....that'll be the prellude to Duke taking over...nice...

Yeah...I'm a GI Joe Geek...Who's gotta problem with that!!!

Wow...you retained a lot! I barely remember GI Joe stories. I do remember it was hard to find Snake Eyes as a toy. And Destro, LOL, forgot about metal head.

I do remember Sgt. Slaughter was in GI joe. Man, that's about all I can remember...

That being said, the movie looks kind of lame from the trailers I saw.

triphahn
06-18-2009, 09:57 PM
I think the year has been dissappointing for movies. Terminator sucked, land of the lost was aweful, Year one comes out tommorrow and has been called by some unplayable. Transformers should be the big one. Hopefully GI Joe comes through as a surprise hit.

KeiselPower99
06-19-2009, 12:42 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/77717/gijoe.jpg

Destro is third from the left. Notice Marlon Wayans trying to be a badass.

Which one has the kung fu grip?

PisnNapalm
06-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Ehh.... I played with the original GI Joe toys when I was a kid. Things like this.

http://the-adventurers-club.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/mobile_support_vehicle_gijoe.jpg

http://the-adventurers-club.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/01/gijoelandadventurer.jpg

I had this tracked vehicle....
http://the-adventurers-club.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/fate_of_the_troubleshooter_adventure_tea_2.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Which one has the kung fu grip?

Most of the ones I had did in fact have the kung fu grip, those who didn't, always had their thumbs break off when I tried to have them carry a gun. Totally sucked having them thumbless.

My Joe's loved fighting my Star Wars guys. Of coarse, once Destro signed a pact with Vader and got his hands on the AT-AT everyone was punished. Not even the combination of Luke and Duke could stop the Reign of terror brought down upon all those who got in the way of Vader and Destro!!!

KeiselPower99
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Did anyone else have a problem with the rubber band breaking inside of em?

Dino 6 Rings
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Did anyone else have a problem with the rubber band breaking inside of em?

Yeah! got a bucket of legs and torso's of guys. (still in my attic) Just use them as wounded or dying soldiers on the field of battle! Headless guys work good for that too!

Like when the AT AT knocks over the Cobra Tank, poor legless guy is there underneath...then you have your Jabba Guards go over with their Ax and chop their heads off in a mercy killing.

Good Times...I miss childhood.