PDA

View Full Version : What does Ben have to do ?

joeyssteelcurtain
06-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Which quarterback would you most like with the ball for a game-winning drive?

Tom Brady
John Elway
Joe Montana
Roger Staubach
Johnny Unitas
A quarterback not listed here

This was on NFL.com all I can say is Are you kidding me Where is Ben

devilsdancefloor
06-14-2009, 12:09 AM
he'll likely never make that list... but my moneys on ben

joeyssteelcurtain
06-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I would take ben over ever one on that list Down bye 4 with about 3 mins left on your own 12 yard line in the super bowl and i think we all remember how that ended

fansince'76
06-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I would take ben over ever one on that list Down bye 4 with about 3 mins left on your own 12 yard line in the super bowl and i think we all remember how that ended

Nah, everybody knows moving the ball about 25-30 yards so Vinatieri can boot 40-yard+ game winners is far more impressive. Wonder how "clutch" Golden Boy would be considered if the Pats would have had Scott Norwood instead of arguably the best big game PK in NFL history. :coffee:

joeyssteelcurtain
06-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Yup I was thinking the same thing

X-Terminator
06-14-2009, 12:52 AM
OK, if Ben isn't on this list, then how the hell is Marsha on it? With the game on the line in SB XLII, what did he do? He choked worse than Mama Cass. But when Ben had the ball in his hands in XLIII, he led his team to victory. Plus, how much do you really have to do to get into FG range for one of the best kickers in the league at the time in Adam Vinatieri? You can get some jabroni off the street to do that. Give me a break. If I had to pick anyone on that list since Ben isn't on it, it would be Montana. After all, he DID get it done in the SB with the game on the line. Twice, in fact. Elway would be second.

Preacher
06-14-2009, 01:50 AM
. If I had to pick anyone on that list since Ben isn't on it, it would be Montana. After all, he DID get it done in the SB with the game on the line. Twice, in fact. Elway would be second.

Well, if they are behind OUR offensive line, I would take Elway over Brady, because Elway is the prototype for Ben. I don't know if Montana could survive in an offense like ours... he isn't big or strong enough.

But I know, that isn't what the question was actually asking. So all OTHER things being equal, I would take Montana.

SteelersinCA
06-14-2009, 05:01 AM
I'd take Elway on that list. I bet Ben having a solid year this year will move him up the list. You have to remember #'s go a long way, style has something to do with it too. If Ben can polish his game without hurting his performance, I think he would get the attention we know he deserves.

Galax Steeler
06-14-2009, 05:04 AM
Of course the cheatriots quarterback is on the list we wouldn't want to leave him off of it.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Wouldn't take Brady. Ice water in his veins my ass.

I wouldn't take ole Rog either, he couldn't get it done twice against the Steelers.

I would take Montana, he was money.

I would take Elway. He was a gamer and like Preacher said, he's the prototype for Ben. Ben reminds me of Elway a lot with his style of play.

Hell, if Elway had a defense and some semblence of a running game on the Broncos before 1997/1998, he would have won a lot of rings.

GBMelBlount
06-14-2009, 07:47 AM
I'll go with Brady.

The other guys are past their prime imo....

Plus, Brady just survived a near death kayak accident.......He's tough.

AllD
06-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Montana and Unitas are probably #1 and #2 all time. I don't see the BLonde Bomber on the list either who could arguably be "1C" in Championship games.

Many people are still looking at BB as a systems QB who benefits from a solid defense and has two rings by default. That last offensive drive in SB XLIII proves otherwise.

Winning one more SB and being the unquestionable MVP would probably change the minds of non-fans and signal the changing of the "QB guard" in the NFL. Not to mention guarantee HOF. In any case, I really don't care who is the MVP or what others think, just keep delivering the rings whether it be from regular season play aka SB XL, or game winning heroics aka XLIII.

joeyssteelcurtain
06-14-2009, 08:28 AM
I just think what ben did last year in the super bowl how can he not be on this list it just drives me crazy

BlastFurnace
06-14-2009, 08:36 AM
I would pick either Ben, Elway, or Montana. All 3 have done it enough times that it's hard to argue which would be better.

fansince'76
06-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Many people are still looking at BB as a systems QB who benefits from a solid defense and has two rings by default. That last offensive drive in SB XLIII proves otherwise.

Not to mention the first 12-13 years of Cowher's tenure. I've said it before, and I'll say it again here, if who the QB is for this team has been so immaterial to its success due to the quality of the defense, we could have stuck any schmuck behind center and would be working on Lombardi #10 or #11 right now instead of #7, especially in light of having one of the best power backs in NFL history to go along with it.

Texasteel
06-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I'll go with Brady.

The other guys are past their prime imo....

Plus, Brady just survived a near death kayak accident.......He's tough.

Yea, turning those things over in the bath tub can be murder.

I'm surprised a Steelers fan would leave Terry Bradshaw off the list.

mulldog24
06-14-2009, 11:38 AM
BIG BEN had the game winning drive in the SB as well as 3or4 game winning drives in the regular season and playoffs!!! As stated earlier what did Brady do in his SB, CHOKED!!! Gimme BEN anyday!

Dino 6 Rings
06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I'd take Bradshaw, you know, the guy who actually threw the Immaculate Reception.

LVSteelersfan
06-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Brady has thrown INTs in his last three playoff games with the game on the line. He did it against Denver, Indianapolis AND in the Super Bowl against the Giants. If he was so much Mr. Clutch, he would have brought his team back in all three of those games. Not even close. He threw INTs in every potential game tying or winning drive. What a schmuck.

Rek
06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I hate this part of the year because of topics like this.

Q: What does Ben have to do?

A: Keep doing what he has been, keep winning super bowls, and don't give a rat's ass what the talkingheads and media says.

steel striker
06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I still say with the game on the line ben is the guy to take. Over his career he has proven one thing and, that is he is a winner. Plus we all know that the media really tries to ignore Big Ben when it comes to to this. I guess after a third super title the media will finally get it.

#1LambertFan
06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Unitas, Montana and Elway were all great. Brady and Staubach are only as good as the the line they hid behind and the receivers they throw to. Montana and Elway also had had great receivers in Rice and Shannon Sharpe. Unitas is in trouble with one good hit especially in todays game. Ben all they way for me.