PDA

View Full Version : If Pittsburgh had an NBA team.....

XxKnightxX
06-14-2009, 10:05 AM
what would we name it? Ive always wondered what kind of name would it be? Id call em the ....idk steelers lol and have an Arena filled with terrible towels, because the TT is a Pittsburgh original, so it can be used all over the city :applaudit:

fansince'76
06-14-2009, 11:38 AM
My vote would be for the "Pittsburgh Pisces."

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/fishsaved7fl8.jpg

:chuckle:

steelersfanman92
06-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I would have to go with the pipers
http://www.remembertheaba.com/ABALogos/NewPittsburghPipersLogo2.gif

Pittsburghfan
06-14-2009, 02:30 PM
The Pittsburgh Iron Men. no idea why

Godfather
06-14-2009, 04:43 PM
The Pittsburgh Iron Men. no idea why

I think we had an NBA team (or the precursor to the NBA) with that name just after WW2.

Edman
06-14-2009, 04:56 PM
...It would tank quickly.

Pittsburgh is a big city, but not big enough to support four pro sports teams. It would have to share Consol Energy Center with the Penguins during the winter months. Then there's the ever popular Steelers to contend with. Plus, outside of the Panthers, there's next to no interest in NBA basketball in the region. I'm just spitballing here of course. We'll see how much CEC holds up in the next few years. Maybe it'll get some attention from the NBA.

What would they be called. Something like the Ironmen, the Forge. And their colors would be traditional Black and Gold.

Pittsburghfan
06-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I think we had an NBA team (or the precursor to the NBA) with that name just after WW2.

YEAH! That is where that came from.

brick
06-15-2009, 01:47 AM
...It would tank quickly.

Pittsburgh is a big city, but not big enough to support four pro sports teams. It would have to share Consol Energy Center with the Penguins during the winter months. Then there's the ever popular Steelers to contend with. Plus, outside of the Panthers, there's next to no interest in NBA basketball in the region. I'm just spitballing here of course. We'll see how much CEC holds up in the next few years. Maybe it'll get some attention from the NBA.

What would they be called. Something like the Ironmen, the Forge. And their colors would be traditional Black and Gold.
yea i'd have to agree with that, though whenever nba season rolls around i do wish the burgh had a team so i could support it, since we don't have one i don't really feel like i have a team to root for (supporting Pitt is nice but it's not the nba). and even though i've lived in new york for awhile now i just can't quite bring myself to root for the knicks, even if lebron came i still feel like i couldn't really do it.

Galax Steeler
06-15-2009, 05:02 AM
Would they be wearing black and gold uniforms.:chuckle:

lilyoder6
06-15-2009, 11:42 AM
well the nba team would still get good support. i mean the pirates have been losing for 15 yrs now.. and they still have the fans...

summer of 2010 would be a great time.. for anyone to start a expansion team

SteelersMongol
06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
well the nba team would still get good support. i mean the pirates have been losing for 15 yrs now.. and they still have the fans...

I would love 2 C the city get a NBA team. :tt02:

cowboykilla
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
The Pliers.

KYsteelfan
06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
as long as they wear black and gold id be happy

NOyieldingCODE
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
i would say that among the former basketball names the ironmen is probably the best choice...

however, i dont think a team would survive for more than a few years without a lebron, d-wade or kobe. especially if it's a terrible team that gets moved here, you know?

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2009, 01:37 PM

I've heard Rumors that the Arena Football League should it come back will be expanding into Pittsburgh starting in the 2010 season.