PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
For those of us who enjoyed HBO's Band Of Brothers....The Pacific is due to be on HBO in march of 2010 it will be based primarily on two memoirs of U.S. Marines: With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie.

The series will tell the stories of the two authors and Marine John Basilone, and will feature well-known battles involving the 1st Marine Division, such as Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, and Okinawa, as well as Basilone's involvement in the Battle of Iwo Jima.

Tom Hanks says that "Itís having its score finalized. I think itís going to be March 2010. We are able to visit the home front on this one and weíre able to show the guys before the War and after. We show some of the most vicious stuff Iíve ever seen on film - because it has to be.Ē

xfl2001fan
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Sign me up!

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Sign me up!

Seriously...I'm already stoked. With all the crap on TV, Band of Brothers was a welcomed, well made series. Can't wait for this series to air!!

xfl2001fan
06-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Exactly. I'm going to talk to the wife about adding movie channels to our Cable package just so that I can watch this. I'll need a reminder as it gets close to time to air so that I can remind her.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Exactly. I'm going to talk to the wife about adding movie channels to our Cable package just so that I can watch this. I'll need a reminder as it gets close to time to air so that I can remind her.

I posted it in the Forum Veterans group..and I'm sure we will be discussing it right before it airs!!!

xfl2001fan
06-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanx bro! I don't want to miss this.

NJarhead
06-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh Hell yeah! I can't wait for that. Thanks for the head ups LLT!

stlrtruck
06-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Suh-weet!!!!!

Loved Band of Brothers so much I bought the DVD Collection. Makes for great viewing throughout the year.

Hammer Of The GODS
06-16-2009, 08:35 AM
I hope it doesn't take too long for the DVD release because I don't have and never will pay for HBO.

Band Of Brothers is an epic series and if Tom Hanks is behind this as well it should be another winner.

hindes204
06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
I cant wait....like xfl, i will have to order HBO right before it comes on, so i will have to keep my eyes and ears open

SCSTILLER
06-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up LLT, if it is anywhere near as good as Band of Brothers it will be a joy to watch.

revefsreleets
06-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm reasonably sure that Band of Brothers was the best thing I ever watched on television.

I'll re-subscribe to HBO just for this.

Hammer67
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Band was the first series and first Blu Ray disks that I bought....freaking awesome series.

SCSTILLER
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm reasonably sure that Band of Brothers was the best thing I ever watched on television.

I'll re-subscribe to HBO just for this.

I could not agree more with you. I have watched Band of Brothers hundreds of times and still enjoy watching it. If it is one of those crap rainy days I will watch the whole series from beginning to end with no problems even though I can almost follow along verbatim with the series!