PDA

View Full Version : ASK THE STEELERS ZIGGY HOOD PART 1

Galax Steeler
06-16-2009, 03:56 AM
From Paul Jefferson in New York: What was draft day like for you, waiting for the phone to ring?
Ziggy Hood: There is excitement and wonder. It’s a stress reliever once the phone call came. But it’s excitement building up until then.

From Rita Lloyd in Pennsylvania: What was your first reaction when you learned you were going to be the newest Pittsburgh Steeler?
Ziggy Hood: It was wonderful. It’s still kind of a mystery. It hasn’t sunk in. I still wonder why me. Do I fit their criteria in what they are looking for and can I bring greatness to their organization?

From Mark James in Ohio: What was it like to see the six Super Bowl trophies for the first time?
Ziggy Hood: It was a wonderful sight. You could say breath-taking because you have never been around such glory as that to see all of them sitting there.

From Larry Bower in Florida: Is there more pressure coming to a Super Bowl champion or less because you don’t have to be a savior?
Ziggy Hood: I have some veterans around me and it’s great for me to be able to learn from them. When the time comes for me to step up, I will take the opportunity.

From George Reynolds in Pennsylvania: How valuable are the OTA’s?
Ziggy Hood: I feel like I got better every day. I had no choice. In order for me to play and become successful in this league I have to get better and a lot of that came in the OTA’s.

From Steve Foley in West Virginia: What was your first impression of the attitude among the team and the camaraderie?
Ziggy Hood: It’s something I was looking forward to. Not every team has it. It’s hard to find all of that on one team. When you come to a team and everyone is working for the same common goal, to go to the Super Bowl, it makes you feel good. It makes you want to get better and work harder for the player next to you.

From Mark Glower in Ohio: What will be the biggest adjustment coming from college to the pros?
Ziggy Hood: Probably time management. You don’t have as much free time as you believe. When you do have free time, what are you going to do with it? Are you going to invest your time in studying the book or are you going to run around and do nonsense stuff?

http://news.steelers.com/article/105660/

DACEB
06-16-2009, 05:50 AM
This kid 'gets it' already. Sounds alot like Wood when he first came here. Maturity, accountability and dedication = success!!

Dino 6 Rings
06-16-2009, 07:21 AM
can't wait til the preseason to see this kid at full speed at the NFL Level

mulldog24
06-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Kudos to our FO for a geat job drafting a guy with both talent and character! I really believe "ZIGGY" will be a solid player for us!

Steel Mountain
06-16-2009, 03:32 PM
"Are you going to invest your time in studying the book or are you going to run around and do nonsense stuff?"

In other words "are going to behave like a Steeler or like a bengalbrowncowboyravenfalconbroncothugassidiot.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2009, 03:47 PM
"Are you going to invest your time in studying the book or are you going to run around and do nonsense stuff?"

In other words "are going to behave like a Steeler or like a bengalbrowncowboyravenfalconbroncothugassidiot.

:rofl: :toofunny: :laughing:

It's true though.

thumper
06-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I have to say; the pick threw me for a loop but after I looked into this kid, I was excited they nabbed him. Our DL needed an infusion of youth and talent. This kid brings that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I have to say; the pick threw me for a loop but after I looked into this kid, I was excited they nabbed him. Our DL needed an infusion of youth and talent. This kid brings that.

Hood had been a solid performer at Missou, but really improved his stock at the Senior Bowl in January and the fact that he sounds like a quality guy probably pushed him into the 1st.

I'm just excited about the fact that we may have a DE that can get to the QB on passing downs. He's not just a plugger, he is a big kid with quick feet and a motor.

pancake
06-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Character means so much to this organization and to the fans. I am proud to be a Steelers fan! :tt:

pancake
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
can't wait til the preseason to see this kid at full speed at the NFL Level

My favorite part of preseason is seeing the Steelers on the field again, but a close second is checking out the rookies in live action.