PDA

View Full Version : Man vs. Food in Pgh

thumper
06-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I like the show. If you haven't seen it you should check it out. I think it's on the Travel channel. He rolls into Pgh and hammers a Primanti Bro's sandwich. My favorite part about it is that there is no other episode where you see sooooooo many people rocking the local sports team gear. It's not even close. All the people you see at the eatery are rocking in their Steelers' gear. There isn't a city in the country that would have so many people rocking the local sports team in comparison. Not one. And it's not even close.

Who would be 2nd, in per capita of fans sporting local team's gear? Probably Green Bay, would be my guess. But they don't have Primanti Bros grub. They got disgusting brawts - no comparison.

AllD
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
It's hard to beat the Super Bowl XLIII and 2009 Stanley Cup Champs in the same city. That's like having your fries AND coleslaw right in your sandwich.

thumper
06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
It's hard to beat the Super Bowl XLIII and 2009 Stanley Cup Champs in the same city. That's like having your fries AND coleslaw right in your sandwich.

And having won the SB in 2005 and being in the Finals of Stanley Cup in 2008 is like the extra secret flavor in the coleslaw. :tt02:

pancake
06-16-2009, 05:07 PM
I need to try one of these the next time I'm in the Burg...

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I live in Cleveland, and I must say when I walk into a bar or eatery you see a lot of people wearing Browns, Cavs, and Indians gear. You also see a lot of Ohio State gear.

It's a lot more noticeable in Pittsburgh since the pro sports teams all have about the same color scheme (Penguins use a Vegas gold). While here in Cleveland you have Brown/Orange (Browns), Red/Blue (Indians), and Wine/Gold (Cavaliers).

KeiselPower99
06-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Because of that show Ill be stopping at Primantis and Delucas next week.

steelersfanman92
06-17-2009, 09:15 AM
I love Primantis, every time i am in town i stop there at least once, usually multiple times. Ive never been to Delucas but every time I go by in the morning there is a line out the door so it must be good.

CanadianSteel
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Where is Deluca's out of Curiosity ?

Had Primanti's several times but always willing to try something else....

KeiselPower99
06-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Where is Deluca's out of Curiosity ?

Had Primanti's several times but always willing to try something else....

Im told its in the strip near Primantis.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I really need to get my butt over to the Burgh and get a Primanti Bros. sandwich. I have never ever had one.

KeiselPower99
06-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I really need to get my butt over to the Burgh and get a Primanti Bros. sandwich. I have never ever had one.

Ya can always go to Chicago and have the ripoff at Luckys.

wezx
06-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Can any of you more experienced Pittsburghian culinary aficionados tell me a little more about Primanti Brothers? It's down on the strip you say? Any particular type of sandwich there you would recommend or is there just a standard "Primanti Bros. Sandwich"? Thanks!

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Ya can always go to Chicago and have the ripoff at Luckys.

Nah, i would much rather be in my favorite city, Pittsburgh. :tt03:

Stang909
06-29-2009, 11:29 PM
had my first Primanti Bros. sandwich today, next time i'm in the burgh i will definitely be going back