PDA

View Full Version : The replacements

mesaSteeler
06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
The replacements.
(Note the rest of the article does not concern the Steelers - mesa)
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation?tag=replacements
Pittsburgh Steelers

Who's out: Larry Foote, inside linebacker, Detroit Lions

Who's in: Lawrence Timmons, inside linebacker

Outlook: Despite his inexperience, Timmons' athleticism and versatility should give Pittsburgh's linebacking group an upgrade, which is a scary thought.

Foote was solid but is primarily a run stuffer. Timmons is just as physical, but can also blitz the passer and is fast enough to drop deep in coverage and cover tight ends.

Expect defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau to come up with interesting ways to use Timmons this season. Pittsburgh's coaching staff has high hopes for Timmons as a full-time starter.

Galax Steeler
06-17-2009, 03:34 AM
I can't wait to see what Timmons will do this year. He should reak havok on the quarterback this year along with Woodley and Harrison.

Kaeg
06-17-2009, 06:27 AM
You know, it's really hard for me to find any down sides to the team this year. We look pretty solid all over the place to me. Well, time will tell.

mulldog24
06-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I really like what Timmons brings to the table especially his cover skills which could free Farrior up to do some different things!

SCSTILLER
06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree with you all, I am excited to see what Timmons can do this year. I think he is going to be a beast as an inside LB.

I have heard some fears about him being able to shed/stand up blockers at the point of attack. Was wondering if anyone heard otherwise or not.

steelreserve
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Definitely happy to see Timmons finally get the chance to play every down. He's been awesome just about every time he's seen the field. But it would've been nice to have Foote around one more year for depth, because now NO ONE CAN GET INJURED.

LVSteelersfan
06-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Most players have a weakness. The beauty of the Lebeau defense is he tailors it to fit the personnel that he has. So I honestly think that Timmons will be this year's Woodley. Teams will scheme against Harrison and Woodley which will leave things wide open for Timmons. And hopefully Ziggy will get in on the action as well. Timmons is another story because of his versatility in the passing game that Foote didn't have. Gotta take the good with the bad with every player. I think Timmons will be AWSEOME. As long as we can avoid the injury bug, this team should be a juggernaut that is difficult to deal with in the upcoming season. I can't wait to see what Lebeau comes up with this year. He always seems to be a step ahead of the other teams.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I cannot wait to see Timmons in action this season. I think it's going to be like having a Troy Polamalu at linebacker, he's versatile enough to do a few things.