PDA

View Full Version : AFCN Chat with James Walker

mesaSteeler
06-17-2009, 12:57 AM
(Steeler questions and answers only - mesa)
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/26992/nfl-blogger-james-walker

Chat preview

June 16, 2009 3:45 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Join me at 4 p.m. for an AFC North chat. Get your questions ready on the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Since we haven't done this in a while, we're going to go with questions from NFL players and coaches only this week. So put on your creative thinking caps.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

Ryan Clark (You don't know but better have your head on a swivel

Troy Polamalu gives me tons of credit. I don't want to break the bank. I want to retire as a Steeler. Will I be able to?

James Walker
I have a good feeling about your situation, Ryan. Talk to Max about restructuring and I think that increases your chances.

Dick Lebeau (The Steel City)

Who you gonna block? You wanna double-team Harrison? I got somethin' for ya on the other side. Send in Woodley. Ah, you wanna pick him up too, well, look out for my new toy, Timmons, looping around Harrison's outside. Chipped him with your fullback, did you? Oops, you should have been looking for Polamalu on the delayed blitz up the middle the whole time. Mangini, please, please start Quinn. When's the first game? Let's get this started.

James Walker
Coach, figuring out what to do with all this talent has to be tough and fun at the same time. A lot of d-coordinators would love to have the players you work with everyday.

So I'm finally healed and Leftwich is gone, but am I going to lose the number 2 spot to Dixon? Help!

James Walker
Only you can determine that, Charlie. Dennis Dixon is playing well this offseason. He looks hungry.

Relax Greg, Ryan.... fight for second place this year.

James Walker
Good point. Steelers D is the reigning title holders at No. 1.

Ziggy Hood (Jealous of his teammates rings)

yo what rookies has had the best off-season? I gotta be up there, right?

James Walker
I liked what I saw Ziggy. Since no one was in pads, I don't want to go overboard. But I think the AFC North this year will have a solid rookie class.

Hines Ward (Pittsburgh)

Keith, why do you want a cheap shot on me. If I hadn't blocked you, you would have made the tackle. Speak some truth to him JW!

James Walker
No flag was thrown but it did prompt a rule change. So I don't care to take sides.

Should i be scared for my spot on the team? and could this be my last year with the team?

James Walker
This is a big year for you, Willie. You have to prove you can be healthy and productive in the last year of your deal. Pittsburgh spent a first-round pick in 2008 on Rashard Mendenhall, so it's pretty easy to see what's going on.

(Couldn't resist a Ratbird question - mesa)
joeseph flacco delaware [via mobile]

hey james. still having nightmares of polomalu. i got no new receivers or a great rb. and im still wearing PURPLE. heeeelp....
James Walker

Joe "Cool," what's up? Maybe we should be asking you about Brandon Marshall. At some point, you're going to have to climb that Black and Gold mountain if you're ever going to shift the balance of power in the AFC North to the Ravens. Are you up to it?