PDA

View Full Version : Refs from last game

Infamix
01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Does anyone remember a couple of bad calls we got from the Zebras? I'm not trying to make excuses, the Colts out played us and out coached us, but come to think of it I remember at least 3 bad calls. Remember the one where a steeler fell on a punt return and they called him for tripping? I'm looking out for these :yeehaw:

Livinginthe past
01-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Count yourself lucky if the Colts get called for Offensive holding (a real drive killer) or any sort of pass intereference (they went the whole regular season without any calls at all)

NM

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't care if the refs make bad calls as long as the calls are in the normal ebb and flow of the game. I hate it when they determine they outcome of the game. That being said, I combed some posts from the first matchup looking for comments about penalties, and I found these:

Haggins was held horrible right out in the open and it wasn't called (Even prompted LITP to chime in with) "The Colts get away with unlimited free passes on their O-Line for holding - Manning always has an eternity to pass."

I think it was Porter who was held a couple more times.

Cedric Wilson was picked up and body slammed just as Ward did a couple weeks prior. The difference? Ward pick up a 15 yard flag and Indy didn't.

ARE made a tackle and was called for an illegal block in the back...while making a tackle.

None of which changed the outcome of the game, but it is something to be wary of. In a game where the Steelers need to play perfectly, having the officials working them over will make the task next to impossible.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Offensive pass interference doesn't get called much, especially on wide receivers.

As far as bad calls determining a game, I don't think it happens as much as fans think. First, if a game comes down to a bad call, the losing team also made mistakes during the game that let it come down to the bad call. Second, bad calls always happen--you just notice them more when you lose.

It was actually defensive pass interference I was referring to - the Colts havent been flagged even once all year.

I agree on the bad calls theory - you mind so much as long as they are shared equally.

NM

benberger
01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
It was actually defensive pass interference I was referring to - the Colts havent been flagged even once all year.

I agree on the bad calls theory - you mind so much as long as they are shared equally.

NM

geez...didnt know that.....and i thought the patriots had the refs in their pockets....i stand corrected

Livinginthe past
01-13-2006, 12:12 PM
geez...didnt know that.....and i thought the patriots had the refs in their pockets....i stand corrected

Our contract with the refs ran out at the beginning of this year - someone forgot to renew and the Colts stepped in with a better offer!

NM

workhorse
01-13-2006, 12:17 PM

NM

They may not have been called for "pass interference", but they have been called for one of the variations like illegal contact or defensive holding ect plenty of times. You don't see a whole lot of pass interference calls any more, unless its downfield. Most of the time it's one of interference's cousins that gets called.

clevestinks
01-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Calls ! No Calls! We win either way 27-21

Sharkissle29
01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Count yourself lucky if the Colts get called for Offensive holding (a real drive killer) or any sort of pass intereference (they went the whole regular season without any calls at all)

NM
k not trying to blow your whistle, but pats get just as much if not more calls......or at least they used too

Blitzburgh55
01-13-2006, 04:33 PM
We won so i am not complaning

SteelerzGirl
01-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I agree, Blitzburgh, although I was a bit perturbed they didn't get 2 delay of game penalties when it seemed the play clock had run down. Didn't matter. The Steelers cleaned THEIR clock! :bouncy: