PDA

View Full Version : Trifecta

KYsteelfan
06-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Anyone else like me hope that the Pirates can somehow pull off a miracle and win the world series so we can score the trifecta? its a nice thought at least

SteelersinCA
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Hahahahahahaha, sorry I couldn't help it.

tony hipchest
06-17-2009, 11:38 PM
if the pirates can somehow, some way reach .500 by seasons end (it wont happen) it WILL be like pulling off the trifecta.

.500 for them is what a world series is to an actual professional mlb team.

the rays, rockies, diamandbacks, and marlins will all reach the playoffs again before the pirates sniff .500.

like randy cross so eloquently put it, them winning it all for pgh this year would be akin to the bad news bears defeating tokyo. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
06-18-2009, 07:54 AM
if the pirates can somehow, some way reach .500 by seasons end (it wont happen) it WILL be like pulling off the trifecta.

.500 for them is what a world series is to an actual professional mlb team.

the rays, rockies, diamandbacks, and marlins will all reach the playoffs again before the pirates sniff .500.

like randy cross so eloquently put it, them winning it all for pgh this year would be akin to the bad news bears defeating tokyo. :chuckle:

And I'm sure there is some producer in Hollywood writing the script right now. Because the only way the trifecta is happening is for someone in Hollywood to write that one!

pittsburghp8baller
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
im sure every pittsburgh fan would love to see the trifecta

Pirates are only three games under .500 and have historically played better in the second half of the season. You can already see the bats heating up, both LaRoche's have been crushing the ball later. McCutchen has been showing why he had all this hype around him and we get Ryan Doumit back around the all-star break

AllD
06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
There is a better chance of the Harlem Globetrotters putting a white boy as starting forward than the Pirates winning the World Series this year.