PDA

View Full Version : PETA is .... well, you tell me.

NJarhead
06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

June 18, 2009

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.
PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.
"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."
During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.
"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.
"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."
Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.
Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."
Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

http://www.app.com/article/20090618/NEWS/90618047/-1/FRONTTABS01/PETA+wishes+Obama+hadn+t+swatted+that+fly

I'm going to be sick. :rolleyes:

Fire Haley
06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals,"

Why only animals?

If one is to be morally consistent, then equal weight needs to be given to the ethical treatment of plants.

I ask you, what class of life forms is more oppressed by wicked human beings than plants? We eat them, we burn them,, we deliberately walk on them barefoot for nothing more than our own pleasure and -- most disgusting of all, perhaps -- rip the sexual parts off their bodies solely to enjoy the smell.

We should all commit global suicide (as long as we can be sure there'd be no negative health effects to the innocent, surviving broccoli from our decomposing carcasses).

tony hipchest
06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
a fly is not an animal. friedrich is a moron.

stillers4me
06-18-2009, 04:34 PM
The average lifespan of a male fly is 15- 30 days. Every hour is precious. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
06-18-2009, 05:25 PM
a fly is not an animal.

Ummmm - yes it is

Kingdom Animalia
Phylum Arthropoda
Class Insecta
Order Diptera
Family Muscidae
genus Musca
Species domestica

Godfather
06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
The staredown Obama gave that fly was priceless. :rofl:

AllD
06-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I need something to get rid of my crotch pheasants.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-18-2009, 07:15 PM
These people are CRAZY!!!!!

Preacher
06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

Unless they are human and live in the womb of the mother.

JEFF4i
06-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Obama was thinking that fly was...

A) Kim Jong Il
B) Ahmanijoker
C) Rush Limbaugh

I'd say....A, Lil Kim is the most like a fly. At least I respect Rush.

KeiselPower99
06-18-2009, 11:30 PM
This is why my head hurts. Its a fly hippie. Its a pest. It needs to die.

tony hipchest
06-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Ummmm - yes it is

Kingdom Animalia
Phylum Arthropoda
Class Insecta
Order Diptera
Family Muscidae
genus Musca
Species domestica

"In English doc... We aint scientists!".

a bug is anything i would step on, swat, or smash with a shoe (or any combination of the above).

i wouldnt step on a tarantula therefore it is an animal. i would step on a black widow or scorpion so it is a bug. even though crabs and lobsters are nothing but sea-bugs, i wouldnt step on them either = animal.

worms and centipedes- strange bugs.

worms in Dune- animal.

Preacher
06-19-2009, 01:15 AM

a bug is anything i would step on, swat, or smash with a shoe (or any combination of the above).

i wouldnt step on a tarantula therefore it is an animal. i would step on a black widow or scorpion so it is a bug. even though crabs and lobsters are nothing but sea-bugs, i wouldnt step on them either = animal.

worms and centipedes- strange bugs.

worms in Dune- animal.

And western Russia is STILL considered part of Europe. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
06-19-2009, 06:26 AM

I took college entomology classes.

I had to make a bug collection with all the little pinned critters and little signs classifying them.

I had to stare under a microscope for hours counting leg hairs to figure out who was who.

I am offended.

St33lersguy
06-19-2009, 08:05 AM
A more humane act? Like what! It was an annoying fly bugging someone. When a fly is crawling around someone bugging them the normal reaction is to try and hit them! It's the fly's fault for being there in the 1st place. Like Bill O Reilly said this week "The fly was a pinhead."

revefsreleets
06-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Reminds me of an old Bloom County cartoon where the guys are all sitting around and lamenting how much damage they do by simple acts, declaring that even walking crushes ants, and the like. The last panel has Opus (I think) hanging upside down from a tree limb so as not actually damage anything, and one of the other guys exclaiming "You're breathing and killing millions of microbes in the air!" or something like that (It's been a few years).

Point being, some people live in an alternate universe completely out of touch with reality. These are the same types of folks who believe in no war (peace at ANY cost) and a Utopian society. They have every right to their beliefs but should in no way shape or form be allowed to impinge on the rest of us with their idiocy. They are 1%ers and they get a 1% say in things, not a level playing field.

Bunch of weirdos....

Indo
06-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Does everybody know who Ingrid Newkirk is?

She is the Founder and Overlord of PETA and

SHE IS JUST F**KING NUTS!!

check this out---this is her Will

http://www.peta.org/feat/newkirk/will.html

revefsreleets
06-19-2009, 12:51 PM
In effect, it sounds like she'd like to be murdered by Ed Gein...make some lamp shades from her skin and eat her all up, yum, yum!

Yeah, that's REEEAAAALLLLLL normal.

These people are effing freaks.

NJarhead
06-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow. Sick b*tch.

Indo
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
And the most amazing thing about that Psycho-b*tch is that she Runs an Organization that fights for animal rights while at the same time has the highest Kill-rate of domestic dogs and cats in the world!

Check this out---the TRUTH about PETA

http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm