PDA

View Full Version : Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Fire Haley
06-18-2009, 05:20 PM
What a doofus

CINCINNATI -- Optimism is running extremely high with the Cincinnati Bengals this offseason.

But leave it to receiver Chad Ochocinco to take the team's optimism several notches higher.

"It's going to be a great year; we're going to the playoffs," Ochocinco guaranteed during Thursday's opening of mandatory minicamp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4269629

RoethlisBURGHer
06-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey Bungals....say hello to 6-10.

Vis
06-18-2009, 05:38 PM
What a doofus

CINCINNATI -- Optimism is running extremely high with the Cincinnati Bengals this offseason.

But leave it to receiver Chad Ochocinco to take the team's optimism several notches higher.

"It's going to be a great year; we're going to the playoffs," Ochocinco guaranteed during Thursday's opening of mandatory minicamp.

I wonder where his seats will be. I hope he's not in my section

NJarhead
06-18-2009, 05:45 PM
The only way the Bengals make the playoffs this year is if the plane carrying the Ravens crashes at midfield while the Steelers are playing the Browns.

AllD
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
A C.O.85 is no George Foreman guarantee.

Psyychoward86
06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Just when we thought he couldnt screw up more...

SteelersMongol
06-18-2009, 11:57 PM
T.J.Whoisyomoma is out of Cinci & the Bengals got better? :noidea:

I wonder where his seats will be. I hope he's not in my section

:toofunny:

The only way the Bengals make the playoffs this year is if the plane carrying the Ravens crashes at midfield while the Steelers are playing the Browns.

:laughing:

Steel-Bryan
06-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Just when we thought he couldnt screw up more...

LOL

Galax Steeler
06-19-2009, 04:52 AM
CINCINNATI -- Wide receiver Chad Ochocinco made a playoff prediction as the Bengals had their first day of minicamp on Thursday.

"I'm back," Ochocinco said. "I can't explain it any other way. Before last year, this is how I was. I was good. I was happy. I'm good. It's going to be a great year. We're going to the playoffs. We're going, man."

Ochocinco, who caught just 53 passes for 540 yards last season after failing to force a trade, skipped most of the voluntary workouts in the offseason, but he showed up last week with a smile and an upbeat demeanor.

It helps that he and quarterback Carson Palmer are on the same page.

"Carson, he's sweet," Ochocinco said. "He's on top of his stuff. As far as the elbow (injury), it's got to be gone because all of the balls had the normal zip. He's on point."

Not quite, but close. Certainly close enough for the Bengals to think that they have a chance to become respectable again.

Palmer missed a dozen games during Cincinnati's 4-11-1 season last year. He partially tore a ligament and tendon from the bone in his passing elbow, and he got conflicting medical advice on what to do about it. He could have gotten reconstructive surgery, but chose to see if it would heal on its own.

So far, it's apparent he made the right choice. Palmer has been throwing informally and during voluntary team workouts, slowly building back his strength.

"It's getting stronger in the sense that I can throw for longer," Palmer said after the morning practice. "I have the same speed on the ball at the end of practice. I'm starting to get to the point now where the ball's not dying at the end of practice."

The Bengals are keeping Palmer on the equivalent of a pitch count, limiting the number of throws he makes in practice until the season begins. After his completion to Cosby in the afternoon session, Palmer removed his helmet, covered his head with a white towel and turned spectator.
"It's going to be a great year. We're going to the playoffs. We're going, man."
-- Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco

Palmer's return to form -- and Ochocinco's return to the fold -- buoyed a team still smarting from its worst showing under seventh-year coach Marvin Lewis. Palmer got hurt in the third game last season, a loss to the Giants in which his arm was hit while he threw. He played one more game, sensed the elbow wasn't right and went for tests that detected the season-ending injury.

To get themselves turned around, they'll have to protect Palmer and get the flamboyant Ochocinco to be more of a team player. During workouts Thursday, everyone wore black shorts or sweat pants except Ochocinco, who ran around in flashy orange shorts.

When he caught a pass down the sideline and went for a touchdown during an 11-on-11 drill, Ochocinco raised both arms in jubilation, let out a scream and did a hip bump with receiver Chris Henry.

Palmer didn't mind the excess enthusiasm.

"I hope it lasts all the way through Super Bowl weekend," Palmer said. "And I think he is sincere. He's excited to be here. He's excited to be back playing football at a high level, at the level he used to play at when he was leading the AFC in yards. He's in way better shape than I've seen him in a couple of years."

But Palmer drew a line at becoming a roommate.

Ochocinco told reporters last week that he'll be moving in with Palmer, his wife and two young children for a week or two in July, giving them a chance to bond and catch up on missed time.

"He doesn't really have a choice," the receiver repeated on Thursday.

Oh yes he does. When Palmer's wife, Shaelyn, heard about Ochocinco's plan, she wasn't thrilled with her husband.

"I think she got an e-mail or something and as soon as I walked in the door from work the other day, she just gave me that look," Palmer said. "And I was like, 'Whoa, whoa, calm down. It's just media stuff. It's just Chad being Chad. Don't worry.'"
:toofunny::rofl::rofl::toofunny:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810e4004&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=tru

Galax Steeler
06-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Sorry I just noticed that it was already posted.

Fire Haley
06-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Now he wants to fight Golic.

Put them in the ring, I say.

STEELtownHAVOX
06-19-2009, 08:14 AM
i just say let's see them break .500 before they start making bold predictions.

stlrtruck
06-19-2009, 08:45 AM
What a doofus

What's he going to do, buy out a luxury box at Heinz Field during the Steelers run to #7?

TackleMeBen
06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
the only playoffs the bengals will be in is the toliet bowl playoffs..

revefsreleets
06-19-2009, 10:36 AM
More proof that this guy knows he is done. He can't bring it on the field anymore, so he's going to keep himself relevant by calling as much attention to himself as possible via whatever outlet will listen to him and publish his pukedom.

Gawd I hate the Bengals and this titflap CJ...

CargoJon
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Carson Palmer must rue the day he was drafted by this assclown organization.

Cheppy
06-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm not a fan of bold predictions but I don't think the Bengals grabbing the 6th seed is far-fetched. I expect them to have a better year than the Ravens at least.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Now he wants to fight Mike Golic.

Golic said he won't do it, but put that on Pay-Per-View and I bet it would make money. I would plop down the $25 to watch 85 get manhandled.

Dino 6 Rings
06-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Actually, according to my earlier evaluation of their Schedule and that of the rest of the AFC, I can see the Bengals getting into the Playoffs as the 6th seed and losing their first playoff game on the road.

Probably to the Chargers.

Steelers
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Who?
Who?

I mean really, its not that out of the question. Ravens get the Pats and Colts this year, Titans play a 1st place schedule, Jaguars are pathetic still, Broncos have imploded, who's really left?

X-Terminator
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
The only way Ochosucko will get into the playoffs this year is if he buys a ticket.

St33lersguy
06-20-2009, 08:40 AM
The only way Ochosucko will get into the playoffs this year is if he buys a ticket.

:laughing:

Someone should tell ochostinko that a heartless group of thugs and convicts does not make the playoffs. All mouth, no action. They should atleast learn to play real football before talking playoffs

TackleMeBen
06-20-2009, 10:14 AM
lol.. or maybe as a reporter.. didnt he say he was coming after golic's job when he retired?lol:sofunny:

Cheppy
06-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Actually, according to my earlier evaluation of their Schedule and that of the rest of the AFC, I can see the Bengals getting into the Playoffs as the 6th seed and losing their first playoff game on the road.

Steelers
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Who?
Who?

I mean really, its not that out of the question. Ravens get the Pats and Colts this year, Titans play a 1st place schedule, Jaguars are pathetic still, Broncos have imploded, who's really left?

Quality, rational post Dino.

Besides the Chargers there's no team worth mentioning in the West. You obviously have our boys. Then you've got the Pats, Colts & who knows who else in the South. (i could see the titans being a force again or a team that regresses, they're a crapshoot to me.. the texans could surprise but i wouldn't hold my breath) The Dolphins? They won't sneak up on people with the wildcat this year & while Pennington deserves some respect the guy still can't stretch defenses at all. The Jets could be a surprise team but that hinges upon their rookie qb.

I've already said I'm down on the Ravens mainly because I think the losses of Leonhard, Scott & their longtime defensive coordinator are significant blows. And they made no upgrades to arguably the worst recieving corp in the league. Plus, who knows how Flacco's going to be in his second year?

I think if Palmer stays healthy they have a real shot at a playoff spot. Their defense was pretty good last year & should continue to make strides. (i could see maulauga & rivers being a forceful duo) And while their record was lousy they played hard last season & were actually involved in alot of close games. This scenario is not far-fecthed at all.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-20-2009, 06:10 PM

Steelers
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Who?
Who?

I agree with your first four and think that Miami will actually sniff out the playoffs again. Also don't count out Houston, they are my dark horse this year, they were third in the league last year for total yards per game....and their defense is going to be much improved with Cushing/Cato at LB and Free agent Antonio Smith opposite Mario Williams.

Preacher
06-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I agree with your first four and think that Miami will actually sniff out the playoffs again. Also don't count out Houston, they are my dark horse this year, they were third in the league last year for total yards per game....and their defense is going to be much improved with Cushing/Cato at LB and Free agent Antonio Smith opposite Mario Williams.

In that hunt will also probably be the Ravens, Jax, and the Bills, with Miami.

My guess is that the last team to sneak in will raise some eyebrows.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-20-2009, 07:36 PM

I think Jacksonville might be better than we think....alot of addition by subtraction...and I think that Rashard Jennings may end up being a good backup to Maurice Jones-Drew.

Dino 6 Rings
06-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Cincy would raise some eyebrows....but My dark horse this year is really going to be the Raiders...(disclaimer, my dark horse last year was the Rams...so really...it is what it is...just fun in the off season)

Preacher
06-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Cincy would raise some eyebrows....but My dark horse this year is really going to be the Raiders...(disclaimer, my dark horse last year was the Rams...so really...it is what it is...just fun in the off season)

:chuckle:

My darkhorse for a few years in the NFC was the Seahawks, then they actually did it.

fansince'76
06-21-2009, 05:54 PM
When the season rolls around and reality actually comes calling and they get off to a 1-7 start (or thereabouts), he'll start crying again, demanding a trade, dissing Palmer, the coaching staff, the FO, and everyone else associated in any way with the team in the media, etc., etc. In other words, business as usual in Cincy. :yawn:

wqJR7p1b2Io

"We ain't supposed to lose no mo'."

:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

Texasteel
06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
When the season rolls around and reality actually comes calling and they get off to a 1-7 start (or thereabouts), he'll start crying again, demanding a trade, dissing Palmer, the coaching staff, the FO, and everyone else associated in any way with the team in the media, etc., etc. In other words, business as usual in Cincy. :yawn:

wqJR7p1b2Io

"We ain't supposed to lose no mo'."

:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

I never get tired of seeing that. LOL!

stillers4me
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
And I never get tired of seeing this one.........
dgNREzBAnY4

Edman
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
This is the time when everyone (even the losers) have a right to be optimistic.

Reality will come to Cincy when they start out 0-5, and we learn that Marvin Lewis is a bum fraud of a head coach. They lost their best WR and now they're stuck with Ocho.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Still don't understand the hype with the Bengals.

Their first round pick is Andre Smith, a guy whom skipped out on The Combine and was way overweight. I seriously LOL'd hard when they took the pick because I could see it coming a mile away. I'm sure he'll be..eh..but I can pretty confirm he's no Joe Thomas.

They can say what they want about Maulauga, but the fact that the Steelers, Patriots and Ravens three of the most compentant organizations didn't take him, says a hell of a lot about him.

The rest of the draft reads like they read it off of Mel Kipers Draft Board.

They have no ground game, and an okay air attack, Palmer is a good QB, and Chad Johnson while a bit of an idiot can be a good reciever, but I think they lost a great player when Housh left, and their defense, is okay but nothing spectular and sure not good enough to keep them within shouting distance of the Rats and the Steelers.

Their organization is a bit of a mess, Mike Brown makes Randy Lerner looks like he was the last name "Rooney", and the coaching staff I auctaulyl don't think as bad as percieved but I think is sort of hindered by the upper management a bit.

The Bengals missed the boat BIG TIME, 2005 could have probably have been the year to step in and make some noise in the playoffs. But we all know how that turned out.

It's pretty much a two team race in the North Right now between the Steelrs and the other team trying to BE the Steelers in the Rats.

And It'll be like that for maybe, maybe 1-2 years depending on how quickly mangini can get his act together with the Browns, or if the Ravens start to show their age moreso this year.

revefsreleets
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
While the Browns are a pretty classy organization that's just snakebit and cursed, the Bengals are trashy and have failure written all over them. Even back in the day when they put it all together, they couldn't KEEP it together, and still failed on the biggest stage.

6-10ish this year...and I'd consider that success if I was them, all things being equal.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2009, 05:32 PM

That's not a bad call, the Texans. Dolphins should be good as well with the Tuna at the helm still and the talent level there not having a huge drop off from last season. Just not sure they are going to sweep the East and that's what it might take for them to make the Playoffs. Plus they get the First place schedule this year:

at Falcons
Colts
at Chargers
Bills
Jets
Bye
Saints
at Jets
at Patriots
Bucs
at Panthers
Bills
Patriots
at Jags
at Titans
Texans
Steelers

Going to be a rough season for the Phins. Maybe the Steelers will have locked up home field by that final week and we will be resting starters for them to get a crack out our backups. Who will probably beat them anyway.

HughC
06-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Maybe OchoCinco should check with Jon Kitna about how guaranteeing that his team will make the playoffs works out.