PDA

View Full Version : The UFL thread

KeiselPower99
06-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I know its gonna be a minor league but figured what the hell might as well keep yall informed in who is all going to play in it. The "Premiere Season" Draft was held earlier and here is how it turned out. There is a few familer names in there.

San Fransico
FB ARMSTRONG, ODIE (NW OKLAHOMA ST)
RB AYANBADEJO, FEMI (SAN DIEGO STATE)
QB BOYD, SHANE (KENTUCKY)
WR BRACKINS, LARRY (PEARL RIVER CC)
LS BROWN, KAI (BROWN)
QB DIETZ, BRETT (HANOVER)
WR FITZGERALD, MARCUS (MARSHALL)
DE GUNN, MARQUIES (AUBURN)
RB HUTSONA, DARRELL (WASHINGTON STATE)
LB KWATENG, PRINCE (NORTHWESTERN)
TE LEDBETTER, BRANDEN (WESTERN MICHIGAN)
T LEKKERKERKER, CORY (CALIFORNIA-DAVIS)
LB MARTIN, JOE (SAN DIEGO STATE)
QB O'HAGAN, LIAM (HARVARD)
T RIMPF, BRIAN (EAST CAROLINA)
WR SAMS, BJ (MCNEESE STATE)
T STAMPER, BRIAN (VANDERBILT)
NT STEWART, JASON (FRESNO STATE)
DE SUGGS, DAMON (GEORGIA SOUTHERN)
DB TREAUDO, AHMAD (SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY)
DB UNDERWOOD, MARVIEL (SAN DIEGO STATE)
DB UNERTL, JEREMY (WISCONSIN-LA CROSSE)
RB WASHINGTON, JOHN DAVID (MOREHOUSE)
WR WEST, JOE (TEXAS EL-PASO)

Orlando
NT BLEDSOE, FRED (ARKANSAS)
QB BOLLINGER, BROOKS (WISCONSIN)
FB CRUZ, RONNIE (NORTHERN STATE-SD)
DB DOSS, MIKE (OHIO STATE)
DB FASSITT, GREG (GRAMBLING)
WR GESSNER, CHAS (BROWN)
TE HEINRICH, KEITH (SAM HOUSTON STATE)
NT LONG, RIEN (WASHINGTON STATE)
DB MASON, GRANT (MICHIGAN)
LB MCGARIGLE, TIM (NORTHWESTERN)
RB PERRY, CHRIS (MICHIGAN)
T PETITTI, ROB (PITTSBURGH)
OG PILLAR, ZACK (FLORIDA)
DE POWELL, ERIC (FLORIDA STATE)
LB SCHLEGEL, ANTHONY (OHIO STATE)
DE SCHOBEL, BO (TCU)
WR THOMPSON, DOMINIQUE (WILLIAM & MARY)
CB TRIBBLE, DEJUAN (BOSTON COLLEGE)
NT TRIPPLETT, LARRY (WASHINGTON)
DB VINNETT, DARIUS (ARKANSAS)
T WAND, SETH (NORTHWEST MISSOURI ST)
TE WIGGINS, JERMAINE (GEORGIA)
RB WILSON, QUINCY (WEST VIRGINIA)
DB WRIGHT, TJ (OHIO UNIVERSITY)

New York
QB BACHER, CJ (NORTHWESTERN)
DB BROWN, TREY (UCLA)
DB CELESTIN, OLIVER (TEXAS SOUTHERN)
NT CLEBERT, RICHARD (SOUTH FLORIDA)
DE FOUNTAIN, MAURICE (CLEMSON)
TE GHENT, RONNIE (LOUISVILLE)
RB GROSS, TYRONNE (EASTERN OREGON)
T GUTEKUNST, SAM (GERMANY)
C HARVEY, JASPER (SAN DIEGO STATE)
QB JOHNSON, BRIAN (UTAH)
WR KINOSHITA, NORIAKI (JAPAN)
DB LOFTON, DAVID (STANFORD)
LB MAGRO, MARC (WEST VIRGINIA)
DB MAZE, TERELL (SAN DIEGO STATE)
T NORELL, RAY (BUFFALO)
T PRUNEDA, RAMIRO (MONTEREY TECH)
RB RUBIN, JOE (PORTLAND STATE)
WR SANDERS, STEVE (BOWLING GREEN)
RB SAPP, CECIL (COLORADO STATE)
NT SAVE, BRYAN (COLORADO STATE)
DE SPICER, MICHALE (WESTERN CAROLINA)
RB TOEFIELD, LABRANDON (LSU)
LB WILLIAMS, NATHAN (MURRAY STATE)
RB WOODS, SHANNON (TEXAS TECH)

Vegas
DB ARCHULETA, ADAM (ARIZONA STATE)
DE AWASOM, ADRIAN (NORTH TEXAS)
P BAUGHER, DANNY (ARIZONA)
OG BOONE, JASON (UTAH)
NT BRYANT, WENDELL (WISCONSIN-MADISON)
LB BUTLER, EZRA (NEVADA)
DB DADA, WALE (WASHINGTON STATE)
T GAUSE, GEORGE (SOUTH CAROLINA)
DB GAUSE, PAUL (SETON HALL)
K JACAS, ANDREW (FORT VALLEY STATE)
TE JACKSON, NATE (MENLO COLLEGE)
T JOYCE, BRANDON (ILLINOIS STATE)
WR KIRKUS, DAVID (GRAND VALLEY STATE)
TE KUHN, SCOTT (LOUISVILLE)
NT LONG, GABE (UTAH)
LB MOORE, BRANDON (OKLAHOMA)
RB PALMER, RONNIE (ARIZONA)
LB STILLS, GARY (WEST VIRGINIA)
RB THOMPSON, TYSON (SAN JOSE STATE)
WR THURMAN, ANDRAE (SOUTHERN OREGON)
LB TOAL, BRIAN (BOSTON COLLEGE)
DB TURNBULL, NICK (FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL)
DB WILLIAMS, CHAZ (OREGON)
RB WHITEHEAD, TERRENCE (OREGON)

xfl2001fan
06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Mike Doss and Anthony Schlegel. Nice.

Interested in watching:

Gary Stills, Marc Magro, Quincy Wilson also.

Bit surpised, thought I'd see a few Penn State players here.

KeiselPower99
06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
This was the intial list. Each team is gonna sign 30 more guys around July 1 and then when NFL cuts are made around 20 or so a team will be added. Alot of recognizable names on there.

pittsburghp8baller
06-19-2009, 06:05 PM
quite a bit of names i know.

Going by past residency, i guess my team will be Orlando. couple of names i know, first big QB to be cut from the NFL needs to be signed by Orlando

NEPAsteeler
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how this league actually pans out. I live 2 hours away from NYC so I guess I'll root for New York. Definitely a lot of familiar names on those lists.

steelersfanman92
06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Mike Doss was the most surprising to me. I remember that he was a pretty good player in Indy.

lilyoder6
06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
i saw some names on that list i remember playing...

and it will be interesting to see how this will work out.. b/c if they do sign players that get cut...

then whats gonna happen when the nfl team comes in and signs one of those players back b/c of injury or w/e

Godfather
06-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Heard on the Tulane board that Vegas claimed JP Losman. Dunno why because he'll at least be a backup in the NFL and when TO starts his act in Buffalo they'll end up benching Edwards.

KeiselPower99
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
i saw some names on that list i remember playing...

and it will be interesting to see how this will work out.. b/c if they do sign players that get cut...

then whats gonna happen when the nfl team comes in and signs one of those players back b/c of injury or w/e

Good question. I dont think that has ever been brought up.

The Duke
06-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Mike Doss was the most surprising to me. I remember that he was a pretty good player in Indy.

seems like that's what happens when players leave the colts cover 2 scheme

reminds me of jason david....

I knew he would struggle in minnesotta, but all the way down to the ufl. wow

Preacher
06-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I think it would be really good to have a semi pro league in the states. A lot of players that need development would do well there. Imagine Harrison in a semipro league for a couple of years, without having ot go to Europe? He might have broken in quite a bit earlier.

MasterOfPuppets
07-05-2009, 03:15 AM
UFL = Ultimate Failure

4 teams ?:toofunny: .....i just can't figure out why every nfl team don't start a farm / minor league team to develope thier own players just like in baseball . have them play in thier own cities, and expand the draft to 16 rounds, and let the teams move thier players up and down just like MLB does.

St33lersguy
07-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Are these games even going to be televised?

St33lersguy
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
KieselPower99 you are probably one of few people that care.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 09:39 AM
UFL = Ultimate Failure

4 teams ?:toofunny: .....i just can't figure out why every nfl team don't start a farm / minor league team to develope thier own players just like in baseball . have them play in thier own cities, and expand the draft to 16 rounds, and let the teams move thier players up and down just like MLB does.

Why bother when you have college football?

NFL teams already have the practice squads to take care of minor injuries during the season. A few owners (Jerry Jones, Art Blank, etc) have/had Arena League teams to develop some talent. But for the most part, minor league/JV teams would be a big waste of time and money for NFL teams.

MasterOfPuppets
07-06-2009, 04:23 AM
would james harrison have been in the league, let alone the dpoy without a developemental league ? take a gander at some of the names that played in nfl europe that became stars in the nfl.... now players like these may never get that chance.....just think if every team had a team running the same offensive and defensive systems to bring players along...not to mention coaches ...and as far as being a waste of money, if the arena football league can sell tickets, then a minor league team directly affiliated with an nfl team should be able to support itself... i know i'd be interested... i bet them people in europe had no idea they were watching what would be an nfl mvp , an nfl DPOY,and one of the best kickers to ever put on an nfl uniform... they probably thought they were just watching guys not good enough to play in the NFL....

December 14, 1995: San Diego Chargers punter Darren Bennett, an all-league selection for the Amsterdam Admirals in 1995, becomes the first World League player selected to the NFL Pro Bowl

September 1, 1996: A record number of World League players are on NFL rosters as the 1996 season kicks off. In all, 116 World Leaguers appear on NFL rosters during the course of the season.

June 22, 1997: Jon Kitna passes for a World Bowl record 401 yards as the Barcelona Dragons beat the Rhein Fire 38-24 in front of 31,000 fans in the Estadi Olimpic.

January 31, 1999: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami, Florida, with seven NFLEL veterans on their roster.

January 5, 2000: Ex-Amsterdam Admirals Kurt Warner is named MVP of the NFL season after leading the St Louis Rams to a 13-3 record with 4,353 yards and 41 touchdown passes. He is one of 180 NFL Europe League veterans to have appeared on NFL rosters during the season, including 11 quarterbacks who started games.

February 3, 2002: Ex-Amsterdam kicker Adam Vinatieri lands a 48-yard field goal as time expires to give the New England Patriots a 20-17 victory against the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. It caps an NFL season that has seen 217 former NFLEL players on NFL rosters, including 10 quarterbacks who started games during the NFL season. Former Admirals quarterback Kurt Warner won his second MVP award and was one of four NFLEL veterans selected for the Pro Bowl.

February 1, 2004: Ex-Admiral Adam Vinatieri kicks a 41-yard field goal with four seconds remaining as the New England Patriots beat the Carolina Panthers 32-29 in Super Bowl XXXVIII in Houston. Former Amsterdam and Frankfurt quarterback Jake Delhomme starts for the Panthers, becoming the fourth NFLEL quarterback in five years to start in Super Bowl. The game caps a season in which 232 ex-NFLEL players appear on NFL rosters.
PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE QUOTE ABOVE.... but yeah your right...it would be a waste of time jdogg

KeiselPower99
07-06-2009, 09:48 AM
The NFL Europe produced a ton of productive NFL players. The NFL said they was losing close to 25 million a year which I dont believe. It was a successful idea and the NFL could have brought in European owners to help balance their "losses" As for the UFL they are gonna have games on Thursdays on Versus. I dont like the 4 team 6 week schedule at all. I really dont like the fact that the associated themselves with Nancy Pelosi's Husband and they want Mike Vick. But its football.

KeiselPower99
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Here are some of the rule changes they have made for the 2009 season.

JACKSONVILLE, FL (July 8, 2009) – In an effort to make the United Football League games innovative, modern and accessible to the fans, the UFL’s Competition Committee announced today game enhancements and rule modifications for the League’s “Premiere” season.

“The UFL’s Competition Committee looked at the current rules that govern most professional football leagues and determined ways to enhance the overall experience for both the players and the fans,” said San Francisco Head Coach Dennis Green and Chair of the League’s Competition Committee. “Our mission is to provide greater access to traditionally off-limit locations, including the locker room and behind the bench, to better engage the fans and bring them closer to the action. While enhancing the overall fan experience, the UFL took strict measures not to employ any stunts or gimmicks that would compromise the overall integrity and competitiveness of the game.”

The rule enhancements that have been approved for the UFL’s “Premiere” season include:

The deletion of the “Tuck” rule which makes a loose ball a fumble if the passer loses possession of the ball as he is putting it away after completion of the forward pass motion.

A fumble into and out of the end zone returns the ball to the spot of the fumble when not recovered in the end zone – making it consistent with other fumble rules.

The Quarterback can legally ground the football if inside or outside the pocket area while under duress.

Tasteful individual and/or group celebrations are permitted ONLY in end zone and bench area.
Instant Replay rulings will be made by the Replay Official in the Replay Booth rather than the on-field referee. Review time will be 90 seconds rather than 60 seconds.

During overtime/sudden-death, both teams will have an opportunity to possess the football during the allotted 15 minutes. Sudden-death rules apply after both teams have had an opportunity to possess the football.

Approved television cameras will be allowed in the locker rooms for the first four minutes of halftime.
Head Coaches will be wired for sound for television broadcasts (no sideline discussions will be aired). Cameras and microphones in the bench area will be allowed during the game to capture real-time emotional moments.

TV audience will hear coach to quarterback communications on tape-delayed basis.

millwalldavey
07-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Apparently they are modeling the kickoff kinda like the Arena League did back in the 80's. Keeping it small and sorta testing the waters. Apparently next year they may add another 4 - 6 teams.

Mike Vick is porperty of the Orlando franchise apparantly.

Im waiting for the new USFL meself. I;d love to see the Maulers come back.

KeiselPower99
07-10-2009, 03:56 PM
The New Usfl is having a press conference July 30th. From what Ive gathered there will be 10 teams and kickoff is Febuary 2010. As for the UFL they want 8 teams next year and possibly even placing 1 or 2 in Europe.

SteelCityMan786
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Are these games even going to be televised?

I thought I heard VS was going to.

KeiselPower99
08-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Alot of annoucements from the UFL the last few days. First up the schedule

Week 1 Thursday, October 8 San Francisco at Las Vegas Sam Boyd Stadium 6:00 PM Pacific VERSUS
Week 1 Saturday,

October 10
New York at Florida Citrus Bowl 7:00 PM Eastern HDNet
Week 2 Wednesday, October 14 Florida at Las Vegas Sam Boyd Stadium 6:00 PM

Pacific
VERSUS
Week 2 Saturday, October 17 New York at San Francisco AT&T Park* 6:00 PM

Pacific
HDNet
Week 3 Thursday, October 22 San Francisco at Florida Citrus Bowl 7:00 PM

Eastern
VERSUS
Week 3 BYE WEEK Las Vegas &

New York

Week 4 Thursday, October 29 San Francisco at

New York
TBA 7:00 PM

Eastern
VERSUS
Week 4 Friday, October 30 Las Vegas at Florida TBA 7:00 PM

Eastern
HDNet
Week 5 Wednesday, November 4 Las Vegas at New York James M. Shuart Stadium, Hofstra

Uniondale, NY
7:00 PM Eastern VERSUS
Week 5 BYE WEEK Florida &

San Francisco

Week 6 Thursday, November 12 Las Vegas at San Francisco AT&T Park 6:00 PM

Pacific
VERSUS
Week 6 Saturday, November 14 Florida at New York Rentschler Field – Hartford, Conn. 7:00 PM

Eastern
HDNet
Week 7 Thursday, November 19 Florida at San Francisco AT&T Park 6:00 PM Pacific VERSUS
Week 7 Friday, November 20 New York at Las Vegas Home Depot Ctr.,

Los Angeles, Calif.
6:00 PM Pacific HDNet
Week 8 Friday, November 27 Championship Game Sam Boyd Stadium Noon

Pacific
VERSUS

Next up the Vegas franchise annouced 19 player signings they are..
TE Bergen, Adam Lehigh

OG Boone, Jason Utah

DT Bryant, Wendell Wisconsin

LB Butler, Ezra Nevada

OG Davis, Frank South Florida

OT Joyce, Brandon Illinois State

WR Kircus, David Grand Valley State

NT Kolodziej, Ross Wisconsin

LB Lehman, Teddy Oklahoma

DT Long, Gabe Utah

LB Moore, Brandon Oklahoma

LB Palmer, Ronnie Arizona

QB Rattay, Tim Louisiana Tech

RB Thompson, Tyson San Jose State

WR Thurman, Andrae Arizona

DB Turnbull, Nick Florida International

LB Toal, Brian Boston College

RB Whitehead, Terrance Oregon

CB Williams, Chaz LA Monroe

QB J.P. Losman Tulane

New York also signed 19 players this week

RB Alexis, Rich Lehigh

QB Bacher, CJ Northwestern

K Barrett, Aaron New Mexico

DB Bonner, Brian Texas Christian

TE Cottrell, TJ Buffalo State

DT Clebert, Richard South Florida

TE Davis, Charles Purdue

QB Gray, Quinn Florida A&M

RB Gross, Tyronne Eastern Oregon

WR Hoag, Ryan Gustavus Adolphus

QB Johnson, Brian Utah

LB Magro, Marc West Virginia

CB Maze, Terrelle San Diego State

OL Norell, Ray Buffalo

RB Rubin, Joe Portland State

WR Sanders, Steve Bowling Green

RB Sapp, Cecil Colorado State

LB Williams, Nathan Murray State

RB Woods, Shannon Texas Tech

KeiselPower99
08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Also Simeon Rice and Koran Robinson are rumored to be signing with the league in the next few days.

millwalldavey
08-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Michael Vick to follow.... Orlando.

KeiselPower99
08-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Michael Vick to follow.... Orlando.

I hope not. It would almost be the worst mistake the league could make.

vasteeler
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
i didnt realize they were going to play the same time the nfl did. I was thinking they would play after the nfl ended

millwalldavey
08-08-2009, 09:15 AM
They plan, apparently, to do friday and saturday nights.

KeiselPower99
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
they have been releasing team names and uniforms the past few days and here they are

California Redwoods
http://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/caliuniform.jpg

Las Vegas Locomotives
http://www.ufl-football.com/content/images/lv11.jpg

Flordia Tuskers
http://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/tuskersuniform.jpg

The Tuskers will have blackpants and a helmet color will match the jersey. New York will be released tomorrow. Rumor has it they will be called the Sentinels.

SteelCityMan786
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Friday-That will hurt them with the High School Football Crowd.

Saturday-That will hurt them with the College Football Crowd.

They'd be better off doing it on a Tuesday or Wednesday night when pretty much no games are being played except for maybe Jr High and some of the Pop Warner level leagues.

KeiselPower99
08-13-2009, 09:20 AM

I posted the schedule there and its Wednesday and Thursday games majority.

millwalldavey
08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I posted the schedule there and its Wednesday and Thursday games majority.

I may have been thinking of the All American League that never started up.

Locomotives is a cool name... but WTF is a Tusker?

KeiselPower99
08-13-2009, 10:56 AM
A tusker is a name for a wild boar.

steelersfanman92
08-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Ex Bucs DE Simeon Rice signed with the NY franchise.

St33lersguy
08-29-2009, 10:31 AM
What will NY's uniform look like?

SteelTalons
08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
What will NY's uniform look like?

http://uflfansite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ny-uniform.gif

KeiselPower99
08-30-2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/sentinelsuniform3.jpg

Theres the uniform.

KeiselPower99
10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Here are the 4 team logos.

California Redwoodshttp://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/redwoods.jpg

Flordia Tuskershttp://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/tuskers.jpg

Vegas Locomotiveshttp://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/locos.jpg

New York Sentinelshttp://www.uflaccess.com/wp-content/gallery/ufl/sentinels.jpg

Season starts Thursday night on Versus. Redwoods vs Locomotives.

KeiselPower99
10-11-2009, 09:21 AM
J.P Losman threw for 2 TDS as Locos were victorious over the Redwoods 30-17

Brooks Bollinger threw for 4 tds as the Tuskers destroyed the Sentinels 35-13

KeiselPower99
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
In Week 2 Flordia led by Qb Brooks Bollingers 310 yd and 3 Tds beat J.P. Losman and the Locos 29-15.

In San Fransico the Redwoods won their first game of the year. Dennis Greens team dominated the Sentinels 24-7. Corey Ross had 124 yds rushing and became the 1st player in UFL history with a 100 yd game.

So going into Week 3 here are the standing.
Flordia 2-0
Vegas 1-1
Cali 1-1
Ny 0-2

Thursday night on Versus the Redwoods head to the Citrus Bowl to battle the Tuskers at 7 pm