PDA

View Full Version : Evander Hood Question

The Definiti0n
06-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Ziggy is listed at 6-3 300 LBs. Big Snack is listed at 6-1 325 LB (at birth :wink02:)

If Hampton is considered over weight does that make Hood better suited to play nose? I just thinking about Hood being able to play every spot on our line. WOW. Who was the last lineman we had that was capable of that.?

I love offseason speculation

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Ziggy is listed at 6-3 300 LBs. Big Snack is listed at 6-1 325 LB (at birth :wink02:)

If Hampton is considered over weight does that make Hood better suited to play nose? I just thinking about Hood being able to play every spot on our line. WOW. Who was the last lineman we had that was capable of that.?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If he can, that would be just so awesome!

mulldog24
06-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Nick Eason plays both NT and DE in the rotation for us and he is listed at about 315.So Hood would have to put on about 10 lbs of muscle to hold up at the point and not lose any speed IMHO. Then again Hoke is listed at 305 at NT so Hood might not have to put on any weight.

steelreserve
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Sounds like Hood is big enough that he could play nose tackle if we needed him to. He's about the same size as Hoke, anyway.

And if you ask me, once you're at 300 pounds or so, that's big enough play just about anywhere on either line ... adding an extra 20 pounds doesn't matter so much as how you carry the weight and how well you know the position. A 300-pound lineman can probably do just as well as a 325-pound or a 350-pound lineman if his style of play matches his size.

Also, last season, I swear I saw Hoke line up as a DE for several games while Keisel was injured. So we've got a couple guys who can do that, although having a young guy who can do it is even better.

Steel Head
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Nick Eason plays both NT and DE in the rotation for us and he is listed at about 315.So Hood would have to put on about 10 lbs of muscle to hold up at the point and not lose any speed IMHO. Then again Hoke is listed at 305 at NT so Hood might not have to put on any weight.

I dont remember Eason ever playing NT.

Hapa
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't think so, they talk about him being extremely agile, but being a bit lacking in lower body strength.

mulldog24
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM

I don't have any film to put on here but I do remember Eason as playing NT and DE in the rotation though he is listed as DE. mainly on nickle/dime situations and while Hampton was hurt spelling Hoke.

Boomerang
06-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Hood is a great addition as he could fill on many areas when needed to.He was a good draft pick for us.

The Duke
06-20-2009, 04:12 AM

Not sure about eason, but I' sure I saw kirshke at NT

As for hood, who knows, it'd be great it he can give every lineman a break

Riddle_Of_Steel
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM

That 325 lbs is what the roster says and what the Steelers put on their webpage for public relations. Last year, Casey showed up to camp sporting jelly-like thighs and was pushing 365 according to the Post-Gazette....although he is officially listed as 325 on the offical rosters...