PDA

View Full Version : Arians coming to Philly in July...

Vidcoor
06-22-2009, 07:41 PM
..BA will be in philly in july attending a fundraiser for a friend and former Asst. Coach. Here's your chance to talk some football with BA, DLine Coach, John Mitchell and Special Teams Coach Amos Jones. You can also bid on several signed Steelers jerseys.

http://spencerprescottfundraiser.web.officelive.com/

Preacher
06-22-2009, 07:42 PM
10 to 1 this becomes another Arians bashing thread.

Psyychoward86
06-22-2009, 08:27 PM

Wait for it.....

fansince'76
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Sucker bet.

LVSteelersfan
06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Hopefully the Eagles see him there and snatch him away from us. There, feel better now?

MACH1
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Fire the bum :rolleyes:

HometownGal
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM

If it does, the "mad bashers" posts will be deleted.

Great to see BA attending a fundraiser to benefit the kidney transplant of a former colleague and friend. :drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Hopefully the Eagles see him there and snatch him away from us. There, feel better now?

:rofl:
Thanks for being the huckleberry.

Seriously, its a good cause and for a guy that has survived prostate cancer, he is a good speaker for the event.

tony hipchest
06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
1st time poster trying to arrange a hit?

seriously (again), philly coach jim johnson is in a tough struggle with melanoma right now (no telling if he will be able to coach this season).

kudo's to arians and get well JJ.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I never knew Johnson had skin cancer!

I cant say melanoma without thinking of Uncle Buck and "moley Russell's wart"

tony hipchest
06-23-2009, 09:13 AM
it was in the playoffs last year when he was diagnosed and had to miss the game(s)?

from peter king's mmqb-

9. I think as I head off on a short break before hitting the training-camp trail, I'd like to wish Jim Johnson, the defensive coordinator of the Eagles, well as he continues to fight melanoma. A year ago, I had a JV melanoma removed from my right arm. I am told Johnson's case is a big-timer, a varsity case, and he's in for a tough fight. Forget what this means for the Eagles right now; Johnson is a defensive mind par excellence and the Eagles won't be the same hard-to-figure, imaginative defense without him. But those who know Johnson know he's as good a man and honorable a person as the NFL employs. I'm sure I speak for everyone who reads this column in pulling for Johnson. And while I'm at it: Max out on the sunscreen this summer. Make this a sunscreen summer. Too many young people are letting the sun beat down on them too much -- or laying in tanning beds too long. Respect the sun. It'll kill you.

LVSteelersfan
06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I commend Arians for getting involved. Getting the word out for early prevention is much needed. Well done coach. Here's hoping that lives can be saved by notable people getting the word out to the masses.

Steelers & I
06-24-2009, 02:41 AM
A road trip may be in order, nah, I'll pass but I do support the cause. Besides, Tomlin, LeBeau, Dick Jauron, Marvie Pooh, and many other Ohio State Buckeyes current and former players will be in Ohio on Saturday June 28th. I have my ticket so I'm truly looking foward to it. A short 1 hour drive from my home. All proceeds from this gathering will benefit The LeBeau Field House that will be constructed in his hometown. YIPPPPPPEEEEEEE! I can't wait.

Vidcoor
06-25-2009, 06:20 PM
The Eagles will definitely feel JJs absence. There was definitley a different feel and attitude to the defense during the NFC Championship game. Taking him entirely out of the equation could cause real trouble for the birds this year. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2009, 11:05 PM
If it does, the "mad bashers" posts will be deleted.

Great to see BA attending a fundraiser to benefit the kidney transplant of a former colleague and friend. :drink:

Even if Arians drives us all up a wall with his play calling sometimes, he's still a class act. :drink:

Vidcoor
06-26-2009, 07:08 AM
More info about event.
http://www.phillytrib.com/tribune/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4798:prescott062609&catid=5:the-philadelphia-tribune&Itemid=6

Vidcoor
07-14-2009, 07:47 AM
less than two weeks til, BA and company comes to philly. we've added a few more items. You can get a picture with the coaches or bring an item and get it signed by the attending staff members.

Prescott Fundraiser (http://www.spencerprescottfundraiser.web.officelive.com)

mmalone
07-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Even if Arians drives us all up a wall with his play calling sometimes, he's still a class act. :drink:

right on...

Vidcoor
07-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Arians is interviewed in this Philadelphia Daily News article,

Daily News Article (http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20090721_Former_Owls_coach_Prescott_grateful_for_s upport_as_he_undergoes_kidney_transplant.html)

Prescott Fundraiser (http://www.spencerprescottfundraiser.web.officelive.com)