PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's Youth Football Camp Opens

mesaSteeler
06-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Big Ben's Youth Football Camp Opens
MARS (KDKA) ―
http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.Football.2.1054322.html

Nearly 500 children from all over the country converged at Mars High School for the Old Spice Ben Roethlisberger Football Camp.

After some warm-ups and basics on taking snaps and stances, it was time to get the footballs in the air.

Roethlisberger showed the kids some of his techniques.

"When he comes, he's very thorough, he wants to understand everything going on," Gregg Derbyshire, from ProCamps, said. "And if you saw today he makes his way around. We had 460 kids here and he wants to try to interact with all of them."

With just some of the basics down, it was time for them to have some real fun and Roethlisberger was spreading himself around as best he could.

"The thing that the kids enjoy is when he acts like a kid and that's what he does in those games when he's quarterbacking them," Derbyshire said.

"I never thought that would ever happen in my lifetime," said one young participant. "I was impressed."

Stay with KDKA for more from the football camp.

( MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

fansince'76
06-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Roethlisberger showed the kids some of his techniques.

But only to the ones who had boobs! :toofunny:

Galax Steeler
06-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Just another great story about Ben and what he does for the kids.

WeegiesWarriors
06-23-2009, 05:44 AM
I wonder how much money the parents of these rich kids fork over for this

lilyoder6
06-23-2009, 09:32 AM
my brother is helping with this camp this week as one of the helpful coaches...

and hopefully, i get to see part of the camp and big ben tom.. when i borrow my brother's vehicle to move some stuff...

tony hipchest
06-23-2009, 02:11 PM
But only to the ones who had boobs! :toofunny::laughing: everyone knows GodSend hates the kids.

stillers4me
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
:laughing: everyone knows GodSend hates the kids.

I watched the videos and had a smile on my face the whole time watching Ben with those kids! He was having a blast and those kids took away memories of a lifetime! :hatsoff: