PDA

View Full Version : Bills Cut OT Joel Bell

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Just saw that the Bills cut Joel Bell to make room for some signings on June 11th. Word is that they plan to resign him and hide him on the practice squad.

An undrafted free agent out of Furman, Joel Bell was one of the more intriguing names available on the free agent market after the draft. Like Buffalo's other Bell, Demetrius, Joel has a lot of raw ability - but the key word is "raw." He's a project - but he's a project with elite tools. Expect him to be stashed on the practice squad this year

Bell recieved pretty good marks at his pro-day...and I had thought that he would have been a better 7th round pick than TE David Johnson.

Do any of you think he would be worth picking up?

Texasteel
06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
As I remember, Bell was a guy that several of us were interested in. I was really pretty surprised that he didn't get drafted at all. I would not mind at all if they brought him in for a look, but I don't think it will happen.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I would like to see them sign Bell and then cut Ramon Foster if needed. They might not even have to with the retirement of Fernando Bryant.

I'd love to see them try and get Bell on the PS for a season like they did with Legursky last year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I would like to see them sign Bell and then cut Ramon Foster if needed. They might not even have to with the retirement of Fernando Bryant.

I'd love to see them try and get Bell on the PS for a season like they did with Legursky last year.

My thoughts also...Cadogen and Bell were the two that I thought might end up being serviceable if they spent some time learning behind some pro's and putting on a little more mass.

BKAnthem
07-05-2009, 06:48 PM
They won't .......dammit...

BehindSteelCurtain
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I dont think they will.