PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Digest (Does anyone Subscribe)

Carolina Steelers
06-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone subscribes to this, and if its worth it. I live outside PA I was going to subscribe to the online version that comes out every Tues during the season. So maybe I can get some inside info I dont get any where else

Hammer Of The GODS
06-25-2009, 12:59 AM
I had a year sub while I lived in Fla. To me it wasn't worth it, but that was almost 12 years ago.

I'd try again if I didn't have NFL ticket and FSN Pittsburgh.

Stang909
06-26-2009, 01:03 AM
I have a subscription, honestly you can get most of the news in Steelers Digest online before you get your Digest in the mail. However, it is nice to get a newspaper once a week in season that is all about the Steelers. There is some inside info. I really like the articles that follow the rookies, or are done by retired players about their experiences in training camps or as Steelers.

Big7BenHOF
06-26-2009, 04:54 AM
I get it. Just as Stang said, it's nice to get in the mail. And I save all of mine.

Galax Steeler
06-26-2009, 05:04 AM
I subscribed several years back but don't get it anymore.

stillers4me
06-26-2009, 07:29 AM
We got it season before last, and stopped because we could read most of it online.

It was nice to get something Steelerish to hold in your hand, though, especially living in Whodeyville.

stlrtruck
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I use to subscribe to it a few years ago. The main reason for getting it was because they offered a chance at some tickets to games if I got 3 years subscription. The draft issues, training camp issues, and pre-season issues had the most insight. During the season they had some good articles and some good fun stuff but other than that, you can get most of it online at the Steelers website. However, if you like saving newspapers, it's nice to have the Super Bowl Champs issue.

CanadianSteel
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Used to subscribe back in the early nineties but with all the information available on the net I can read similar stuff on-line.
Is a pretty cool magazine though because hey its about the Steelers...

Stang909
06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I get it. Just as Stang said, it's nice to get in the mail. And I save all of mine.

as do I, its nice to have two complete Super Bowl seasons on file

ehlers5
06-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi,
I am a subscriber and have all of the Steelers Digest issues saved going back to issue #1 from back in 1986. I also have all of the old Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly papers from 1978 to I believe 1984. These older papers are really rare and hard to fine anywhere. These issues also offer complete coverage of the Super Bowl 13 & 14 years.

Stu Pidasso
06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I got a 1 year subscription as a Christmas present a few years back, loved it, then found out the price of renewal... too expensive for me.

beSteelmyheart
06-28-2009, 08:25 PM
I had a subscription that ran out last year-I didn't want to renew right away because I knew we'd be moving & possibly short on money...It is kind of pricey, but I looked forward to getting them in the mail...still not sure about renewal.

Stang909
07-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Here is one reason to subscribe, I was reading this article and can't wait to finish it when i get the next issue.

http://news.steelers.com/article/106186/

SteelLloyd95
07-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Again, it really depends on whether you like to have physical paper when you read about the Steelers. If you search around online you can get the same info, if not more. I used to get it about 10 years ago and found the articles were okay did not have a level of analysis worth paying for. Now with the internet, I would not subscribe again.

The Arkansas Steeler
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Got a subscription for Christmas a few years ago, but did not renewal. Normally having a hard copy and something keep is enjoyable. However, it was ALWAYS slow to arrive. I would get the issue with the game 5 preview on the Monday or Tuesday after the game 6.

Pittsky
07-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi,
I am a subscriber and have all of the Steelers Digest issues saved going back to issue #1 from back in 1986. I also have all of the old Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly papers from 1978 to I believe 1984. These older papers are really rare and hard to fine anywhere. These issues also offer complete coverage of the Super Bowl 13 & 14 years.

thats awesome...im jealous :hatsoff: