PDA

View Full Version : Who's next?

pancake
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
With Starks getting a long term deal, what veteran is next?

TackleMeBen
06-23-2009, 04:11 PM
it should be miller. he is a decent blocker and can help ben stay upright.. and besides ben would be upset if miller walked b.c then he wouldnt have his on the road roomy..lol

slashsteel
06-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Hopefully all three. All three are solid players. But for the sake of picking ONE. Heath is my selection as well.

Dino 6 Rings
06-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I say Miller, because he's on the Offense and that is what we need to solidify to make another run this season.

Defense already ROCKS!!!

I'd like to see what we do with Clark.

Preacher
06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
my hope is heath or Clark....

Psyychoward86
06-23-2009, 05:12 PM
It SHOULD be Miller, but i dont think we're going to see anymore extensions this offseason.

Preacher
06-23-2009, 05:25 PM
It SHOULD be Miller, but i dont think we're going to see anymore extensions this offseason.

We probably will.... however, I think they will first focus on getting the rest of our draft picks signed.

BlastFurnace
06-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I think the next two will be Miller and Reed. Both are must signs.

Miller...what else needs to be said. He goes somewhere else and he's catching 60-75 passes a year.

Reed is money. Look how long it took the team to find a guy like this after letting Gary Anderson go. Reed will stay.

I don't see Hampton getting an extension. I still remember how fast Joel Steed declined around Casey's age. We need to get younger here. Hoke can fill in for a year...perhaps not at as high of a level as the Casey/Hoke combo, but it doesn't change
the fact that both men are over 30 and Hoke is productive and much cheaper.

Parker, I could see staying...and I believe should stay. What we see with Mendenhall, how healthy Parker is this season, and how much $$$ he wants... will play into what the Steelers will do here.

I really want to keep Clark...but I'm not sure where this is headed. I'd love to keep him, but it will really depend on how the young guys develop here. He may be a casualty, just because we might have someone very capable of taking his spot.

Keisel - I am a big fan of his. His will strictly come down to how much he wants. He's good and steady, but not great. He's a guy you don't mind having around though.

pancake
06-23-2009, 06:04 PM

Miller...what else needs to be said. He goes somewhere else and he's catching 60-75 passes a year.

Reed is money. Look how long it took the team to find a guy like this after letting Gary Anderson go. Reed will stay.

I don't see Hampton getting an extension. I still remember how fast Joel Steed declined around Casey's age. We need to get younger here. Hoke can fill in for a year...perhaps not at as high of a level as the Casey/Hoke combo, but it doesn't change
the fact that both men are over 30 and Hoke is productive and much cheaper.

Parker, I could see staying...and I believe should stay. What we see with Mendenhall, how healthy Parker is this season, and how much $$$ he wants... will play into what the Steelers will do here.

I really want to keep Clark...but I'm not sure where this is headed. I'd love to keep him, but it will really depend on how the young guys develop here. He may be a casualty, just because we might have someone very capable of taking his spot.

Keisel - I am a big fan of his. His will strictly come down to how much he wants. He's good and steady, but not great. He's a guy you don't mind having around though.

I agree with you on the most of this, but I think you are under selling the importance of Hampton. When any player on the D is asked what the strenght is, they all start with Hamton. Steed had really bad knees his last few years.

BlastFurnace
06-23-2009, 06:42 PM
I agree with you on the most of this, but I think you are under selling the importance of Hampton. When any player on the D is asked what the strenght is, they all start with Hamton. Steed had really bad knees his last few years.

I agree with what you are saying, but I am just wondering if Casey's knee problems...because of his weight...are right around the corner.

tony hipchest
06-23-2009, 06:46 PM

i was wondering if anyone would say this. lets see, we had norm johnson who was good for an old guy. i think chris jacke or someone from green bay, kris brown, and finally todd "shankopotamus" peterpuss. did i leave anyone out?

kris brown just signed for $2.5 mil per season. reed wont be cheap.

Milkman
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Miller...hands down.

Steel-Bryan
06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Clark, its hard to find good safeties now a days, plus, we have next season to dign miller, i doubt he would leave

Galax Steeler
06-24-2009, 03:49 AM
I have to go with Miller he is a big part of the offense.

pancake
06-24-2009, 03:54 AM
I agree with what you are saying, but I am just wondering if Casey's knee problems...because of his weight...are right around the corner.

He could develope bad knees, but with him so important to the D, I say we ride him till he bucks.

Texasteel
06-24-2009, 04:04 AM
I have to go with Miller he is a big part of the offense.

He does seem to be our biggest 3rd down weapon, doesn't he.

HometownGal
06-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Without a shadow of a doubt - Heath. He brings a lot to the position and this team and is a very important cog in the Steelers offensive wheel. Extend him sooner rather than later.

Texasteel
06-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Without a shadow of a doubt - Heath. He brings a lot to the position and this team and is a very important cog in the Steelers offensive wheel. Extend him sooner rather than later.

I'm with you. I do NOT want him becoming a FA.

mulldog24
06-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I also say Miller, if he hits the free agent market teams will throw the checkbook at him. The guy is just to valuable to us,I say get him signed ASAP!!!!!!