PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

lilyoder6
06-24-2009, 09:49 AM
i saw this last nite at the midnight release down at lowe's in the waterfront..

and i would say, that this movie is the most effing sickest movie i have ever seen..lol

just wondering who else went to go see it or is going to see it

revefsreleets
06-24-2009, 10:01 AM
The reviews pretty much across the board are saying it's the funniest movie of the year. Unintentionally. A really awful POS.

Rotten Tomatoes has it sitting at a lowly 22% right now.
Consensus: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a noisy, underplotted, and overlong special effects extravaganza that lacks a human touch.

Think I'll wait for the DVD release.

Godfather
06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
How often is Megan Fox on camera? If she gets enough face time the movie is worth watching no matter how good or bad the plot is.

klick81
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
How often is Megan Fox on camera? If she gets enough face time the movie is worth watching no matter how good or bad the plot is.

Werd.

Stang909
06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
She gets enough face time, and I also saw it at midnight and thought it was great.

tony hipchest
06-24-2009, 12:19 PM
im looking forward to it (if for nothing else) to see all the scenes filmed locally.

theres an kick ass one in particular with an A-10 firing its cannons and chasing the actors out at white sands.

for those who havent seen, here are some pictures of the prop autobots-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27426&highlight=transformers

KeiselPower99
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Never was a fan ofem and still aint seen the first one.

PisnNapalm
06-24-2009, 11:08 PM
I just got home a little while ago. I took both of my kids to see the movie.

Who knew giant vacuum cleaners had balls!?! LMAO!!

In my opinion they could have cut about 15 minutes worth of unnecessary scenes and it would have been just as good if not better. I give it a solid 4 out of 5 on the action movie scale.

You have to go into the movie with the mindset that you're going to watch a comic book or cartoon portrayed in "real life" so to speak. If you cannot let yourself suspend disbelief during the movie then you won't enjoy it. Me... I still collect comic books, so it's not a problem for me.

The one major inconsistency that bugged me is when they exit the Smithsonian and are now in an aircraft boneyard. A boneyard that I know is actually thousands of miles away from Washington D.C. in the Arizona desert. The rest I was able to easily forget.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-25-2009, 04:24 AM
I am still mad they didn't use the original vehicles. I saw in the newspaper at work that Ebert gave it a 1 out of 5 calling it something to the effect of "Dumb as a box of staples" or something like that.

X-Terminator
06-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Think I'll wait for the DVD release.

I do that all the time, because there is no movie worth 10-12 bucks to see. It's ridiculous what theaters charge nowadays.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I do that all the time, because there is no movie worth 10-12 bucks to see. It's ridiculous what theaters charge nowadays.

What would be a fair price then? To me two hours of good entertainment is worth the $10.

For me the real ripoff is the concessions. $5 for a pop and another $5 for a popcorn? I don't bother with drinks or food usually at a movie anymore.

fansince'76
06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
The Hollywood Formula:

Paper-thin plot + smoking hot chick + really cool CGI and special effects = blockbuster and record receipts.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 11:58 AM
The Hollywood Formula:

Paper-thin plot + smoking hot chick + really cool CGI and special effects = blockbuster and record receipts.

Sadly, you are correct, sir...

I'll pay a buck for it at a Redbox.

fansince'76
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Awaiting the Reverend "Runnin' Dat Bullshit" (Sharpton) along with the rest of the usual cast of characters to pick this up and run with it and a huge baseless lawsuit to soon be filed.... :rolleyes:

Jive-talking twin Transformers raise race issues

By Sandy Cohen, The Associated Press

Los Angeles — Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen introduces some 40 new mechanized characters of all shapes, sizes and even sexes — but it's a pair of jive-talking 'bots that critics are singling out as more than just harmless comic relief.

Skids and Mudflap, twin robots disguised as compact Chevys, constantly brawl and bicker in rap-inspired street slang. They're forced to acknowledge that they can't read. One has a gold tooth.

As good guys, they fight alongside the Autobots and are intended to provide comic relief. But the traits they're ascribed raise the specter of stereotypes most notably seen when Jar Jar Binks, the clumsy, broken-English speaking alien from Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace, was criticized as a racial caricature.

Wall Street Journal film critic Joe Morgenstern described Binks in 1999 as a "Rastafarian Stepin Fetchit," a reference to a black character from the 1920s and '30s that exploited negative stereotypes for comic effect. Extending that metaphor to the Transformers sequel was AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire, who calls Skids and Mudflap "Jar Jar Binks in car form."

And Manohla Dargis, film critic for The New York Times, takes it a step further, writing that the Transformers characters were given "conspicuously cartoonish, so-called black voices that indicate that minstrelsy remains as much in fashion in Hollywood as when, well, Jar Jar Binks was set loose by George Lucas."

Director Michael Bay insists that the bumbling 'bots are just good clean fun.

"We're just putting more personality in," Bay said. "I don't know if it's stereotypes — they are robots, by the way. These are the voice actors. This is kind of the direction they were taking the characters and we went with it."

TV actor Reno Wilson, who is black, voices Mudflap. Tom Kenny, the white actor behind SpongeBob SquarePants, voices Skids. Neither immediately responded to interview requests for this story.

Bay said the twins' parts "were kind of written but not really written, so the voice actors is when we started to really kind of come up with their characters."

"I purely did it for kids," the director said. "Young kids love these robots, because it makes it more accessible to them."

Screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman said they followed Bay's lead in creating the twins. Still, the characters serve no real purpose in the story, and when the action gets serious, they disappear entirely, notes Tasha Robinson, associate entertainment editor at The Onion.

"They don't really have any positive effect on the film," she said. "They only exist to talk in bad ebonics, beat each other up and talk about how stupid each other is."

Hollywood has a track record of using negative stereotypes of black characters for comic relief, said Todd Boyd, a professor of popular culture at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts, who has not seen the Transformers sequel.

"There's a history of people getting laughs at the expense of African-Americans and African-American culture," Boyd said. "These images are not completely divorced from history even though it's a new movie and even though they're robots and not humans."

American cinema also has a tendency to deal with race indirectly, said Allyson Nadia Field, an assistant professor of cinema and media studies at the University of California, Los Angeles.

"There's a persistent dehumanization of African-Americans throughout Hollywood that displaces issues of race onto non-human entities," said Field, who also hasn't seen the film. "It's not about skin color or robot color. It's about how their actions and language are coded racially."

If these characters weren't animated and instead played by real black actors, "then you might have to admit that it's racist," Robinson said. "But stick it into a robot's mouth, and it's just a robot, it's OK."

But if they're alien robots, she continued, "why do they talk like bad black stereotypes?"

Bay brushes off any whiff of controversy.

"Listen, you're going to have your naysayers on anything," he said. "It's like is everything going to be melba toast? It takes all forms and shapes and sizes."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-06-24-transformers_N.htm

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Geezus Effing Christmas Cards

Now the Transformers are Racist?

I'm done listening to any more of that type of nonsense. So they represent a Characture of Urban American. I know WHITE KIDS that talk worse than any "rapper" on MTV. Lord fcking almighty already.

Ok, one time...the Reason the Transformers can speak ENGLISH is because according to the Story Line they have been intercepting OUR radio transmissions for years.

So maybe they were tuned into All the Stations, including the ones that...wait for it...Play RAP MUSIC!

I'm so pissssed that this even came up. Seriously.

I hope the movie is good, I think this may be the movie that forces me to get a Blue Ray player finally to watch on my 46" Sony Bravia....or I'll just buy it from Direct TV Pay Per View in HD. We'll see. I'm a fan of the first movie because it was Wicked Cool...and was rather sad when Jazz (the racist stereotypical black robot) died.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Seriously... the "Twins" could have been left out of the movie and it wouldn't have made a difference. They weren't funny.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
There's also some talk that the movie is overtly misogynistic with all the references to wimpy guys being called pussies, and the "sexploitation" of Megan Fox.

I'm, 100% all for the latter, by the by...if it was up to me she'd be nude in every scene...I could most definitely "suspend my disbelief" for something inexplicable like THAT!

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Megan Fox is one of those newer "hot" actresses that have all started to look the same to me.

You have to say "girl from...insert movie" for me to even realize who you mean.

For the new young ones. I looked at Maxim's top 10, yep, pretty much no idea who they are except the one girl was in that 70s show, and another was in Transformers...that's how I know them. They all look pretty generic to me. Too Skinny for the most part with lots of make up and most these days are Brunettes, guess most are trying to be Angelina Jolie or something.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 06:23 PM
She's a legit super hottie...methinks you're becoming a grumpy old man, Dino!

PisnNapalm
06-25-2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Transformers_Movie_Image/megan_fox_transformers_movie_image.jpg

Case closed... She's smokin' hot!

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 07:49 PM
agreed. shes "keep the lights on" gorgeous.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/chrisjames_71/MEGAMEGAN_280x390_824872a.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/chrisjames_71/Megan_Fox_825297a.jpg

/me picks his jaw up off the desk.

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
nips and thigh... yum, yum.

that eunuch bill oreilly called her a pinhead a few weeks back for saying she would munch some carpet.

In Esquire magazine she commented on fellow actress Olivia Wilde from "House": "I could see myself in a relationship with a girl — Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands."

So far no comment from the mountain ox lobby, but we believe they might consider Ms. Fox, which rhymes with ox, a pinhead.

she can strangle my mountain ox until it chokes and pukes for all i care.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
WTF does she go and ruin it all with the stupid-assed Monroe tat for?

She's gonna HAAAATE that thing when she turns 50.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
WTF does she go and ruin it all with the stupid-assed Monroe tat for?

She's gonna HAAAATE that thing when she turns 50.

I hadn't even noticed the tattoo... I was looking a bit higher or lower.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I hadn't even noticed the tattoo... I was looking a bit higher or lower.

Believe it or not, that's like the third or fourth time I've seen that pic, but the first time I noticed the tat.

Godfather
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
In Esquire magazine she commented on fellow actress Olivia Wilde from "House": "I could see myself in a relationship with a girl — Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands."

Hmmm...she wants to get it on with Olivia Wilde. I wanna get it on with Olivia Wilde.

The obvious solution is for me and Megan spend a great deal of time practicing on each other, then invite Olivia to join us.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
She has a tattoo?

She is so gorgeous it is making me want to cry...that usually happens after 2 or 3 drinks, but I just started sipping my first Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Olivia Wilde has a Square Face...

Look, Megan Fox is pretty, sure, but not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

Just another in shape brunette with nice eyes that draw you in.

How is she any different than the thousands of women that are in shape and have muscular legs and arms. Seriously.

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Heck, 3 years from now, all the Tabloids will have pictures of her having cellulite on her hamstrings, and how she no longer has that "body to kill for" and they'll find someone knew to declare as the "ultimate" hottie.

Hammer67
06-26-2009, 01:05 PM
THis is a rental mainly for Fox.

But, I have to ask, for those who liked/loved it, did you also like Bad Boys 2??? If so, that answers the question of whether or not I would like it. I generally dislike Michael Bay movies and BB2 was the worst ever. But, there are a group of people who love it...and I bet they love this movie too.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Olivia Wilde has a Square Face...

Look, Megan Fox is pretty, sure, but not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

Just another in shape brunette with nice eyes that draw you in.

How is she any different than the thousands of women that are in shape and have muscular legs and arms. Seriously.

Maybe the thousands of women that look like her are in Arkansas. Beauty like that is very rare in my experience. At least where I live, if you find one that isn't a lardo you are in luck.

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Maybe the thousands of women that look like her are in Arkansas. Beauty like that is very rare in my experience. At least where I live, if you find one that isn't a lardo you are in luck.

Arkansas has a lot of blondes. Its SEC Land after all.

But what I'm saying is how is she any different than any of the Maxim Top 100, really? I mean really?

Isn't she just a younger version of Angelina Jolie?

I mean the Chick from that 70s Show, Jackie is a Maxim Top 10. Really?

Look, she's hot, but come on, hotter than an average NFL Cheerleader? Heck, Hotter than an average SEC, PAC 10, or Big 12 Cheerleader?

Just saying.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Arkansas has a lot of blondes. Its SEC Land after all.

But what I'm saying is how is she any different than any of the Maxim Top 100, really? I mean really?

Isn't she just a younger version of Angelina Jolie?

I mean the Chick from that 70s Show, Jackie is a Maxim Top 10. Really?

Look, she's hot, but come on, hotter than an average NFL Cheerleader? Heck, Hotter than an average SEC, PAC 10, or Big 12 Cheerleader?

Just saying.

I'd say definitively hotter that Angelina Jolie and NFL and NCAA cheerleaders. Jolie's lips never appealed to me, and I was never all that into the cheerleader things. I don't know that it is about her, but she has an "X" factor that really works for her.

Stang909
06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
going to the Burgh to see this in IMAX tomorrow, I've already seen it so I can sit back and be awed by giant robots on a crystal clear giant screen

Preacher
06-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Well... I have heard not so good things about the movie. My wife wants to see it in the theater though. . . So I guess we will. I really enjoyed the first one, but for some reason, i don't have as high of hopes for the second one.

lilyoder6
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
well the movie made like 387 mill globally so far...

and how u not like jolie's lips?!?!?!?!?
they are dsl

and i read some reviews complaining that they toss around profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter and bitches.. but what movie does not at least having someone being called a bitch?? and obv, they were working on the sex symbol of fox

hindes204
07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
wow, im surprised at the negative reviews of this movie on this board...i took my wife and stepson to see it yesterday and loved it, it had a good mix of action, drama, and comedy...and whoever said the twins weren't funny, you need to lighten up, those two were hilarious

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 08:32 PM
wow, im surprised at the negative reviews of this movie on this board...i took my wife and stepson to see it yesterday and loved it, it had a good mix of action, drama, and comedy...and whoever said the twins weren't funny, you need to lighten up, those two were hilariousactually, all the "negative reviews" in this thread have come from people who say they will not even see this film in theater based on other reviews they have read.

everyone who has actually seen this, and posted in this thread, has said they enjoyed it quite a bit.

personally i have no use for movie reviews, as i have liked plenty of movies that others have hated. (usually if egbert and roper ..or whatever.. dont like it, i probably will).

if its got plenty of space robots, explosions, and great FX, and doesnt stray to far from the original movie/comic/cartoon it cant be all that bad IMO.

hindes204
07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
actually, all the "negative reviews" in this thread have come from people who say they will not even see this film in theater based on other reviews they have read.

everyone who has actually seen this, and posted in this thread, has said they enjoyed it quite a bit.

personally i have no use for movie reviews, as i have liked plenty of movies that others have hated. (usually if egbert and roper ..or whatever.. dont like it, i probably will).

if its got plenty of space robots, explosions, and great FX, and doesnt stray to far from the original movie/comic/cartoon it cant be all that bad IMO.

oh no........does this mean we agree on something :dang: lol

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 08:42 PM
The only movie I plan on seeing in the theater this summer is Ice Age 3.

My wife and I usually rent because you spend less and can turn it off if it sucks. Just this weekend we turned off He's Just Not That Into You and Tropic Thunder before the 1 hour mark.

On the upside, Hamlet 2 was one of the funniest things I've seen since Borat.

Godfather
07-05-2009, 09:42 PM
The only movie I plan on seeing in the theater this summer is Ice Age 3.

My wife and I usually rent because you spend less and can turn it off if it sucks. Just this weekend we turned off He's Just Not That Into You and Tropic Thunder before the 1 hour mark.

On the upside, Hamlet 2 was one of the funniest things I've seen since Borat.

Saw Ice Age 3 with my nieces this afternoon. Not far from you either--it was at the theater in Gulfport, in the shopping center on Hwy 49 just off I-10. Not a classic or anything but worth seeing.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Saw Ice Age 3 with my nieces this afternoon. Not far from you either--it was at the theater in Gulfport, in the shopping center on Hwy 49 just off I-10. Not a classic or anything but worth seeing.

There aren't that many theaters down here. :noidea:

I saw the first two and liked them enough that I'd like to see the third. Kind of like the Pirates movies.

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
actually, all the "negative reviews" in this thread have come from people who say they will not even see this film in theater based on other reviews they have read.

Oh, I'll see it.........when it's a dollar at Redbox.

J Dogg
07-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Look at it this way.

I'm sitting in my living room right now watching the original Angels in the Outfield (the one in black and white featuring the Pittsburgh Pirates) and I couldn't be happier.

KeiselPower99
07-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Look at it this way.

I'm sitting in my living room right now watching the original Angels in the Outfield (the one in black and white featuring the Pittsburgh Pirates) and I couldn't be happier.

Im watching that as well.

Polamalufan117
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Kinda sad that the only reason people saw this movie is because of Megan fox

and honestly I liked the movie regardless

stlrtruck
10-09-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm with you, I thought it was much better than the first one.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for three.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/16/transformers-3-on-july-1st-2011/

Hines0wnz
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM

I saw it in spite of her. She is nothing special.

Preacher
10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Wife and I are going to watch it here pretty soon... maybe on the plane to Pittsburgh

Slick93
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I, for one, can't wait to see the movie. I bought the first on it's dvd release day. I've heard mixed reviews on the 2nd though. I'll be my own judge soon though.