PDA

View Full Version : It's official. Brett Favre is a Viking.

Edman
06-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Will report to Training Camp.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/25884/Report_of_Favre_to_Vikes_Confirmed/25884

So I look forward to seeing the Steelers pound the Diva into the ground in 2009.

fansince'76
06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Sad part is he's still about 100X better than any other QB on that roster. This immediately makes the Vikings a far more serious contender in the NFC.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh great...a whole season with all the media talking about him again...then another retirement...and then an unretirement.

devilsdancefloor
06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Does this mean madden is unretiring as well? I cant believe they are throwing all their eggs in his basket! Farve has such a grudge against the packer FO.

benfan7
06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
ive lost a lot of respect for favre these past few years. he loves this attention its pathetic!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Gee I wonder how that is going to work out for Farve.....I mean when he was a Packer and went into Minnesota to play in the dome he couldn't buy a win. I am so sick of hearing about Farve I want to :puke:

revefsreleets
06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Bleep.
Blop.
Bloop.

steelreserve
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't know which upsets me more: The circus going on for another year, or the fact that this actually helps the Vikings quite a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the conference championship this year. Although I also wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. Such is life in the NFC, I guess.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
My predictons from last year will carry over. Favre throws 20 TD's and 20 INT's and the Vikings (last year Jets) dont win a Super Bowl.

I am ashamed for Favre's late father (Big Irv). The man was a hard nosed football man and his son has become a self centered puss.

Psyychoward86
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Being a Wisconsin resident, this should make things much more interesting. That vikings game pretty much looks like the most grueling matchup on our schedule. It better be primetime!!!!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
I like the Vikings, they're a team I usually bandwagon on for the playoffs when the Browns season is done (along with the Panthers, Iggles, and the three other NFC North teams).

I think this move makes them better, I think they'll make it to the Divisional and sort of sputter out, Farve is a short term solution at the moment, but the Vikes seem to have everything else pretty strong around him.

I'm really hoping that they get a QB in the draft next year that can start long term. I'd like to see them get Tebow. Granted he may not be projected to do well in the Pros, but I think that he's like a richmans Drew Brees right now in college.

Psyychoward86
06-24-2009, 01:30 PM
I like the Vikings, they're a team I usually bandwagon on for the playoffs when the Browns season is done (along with the Panthers, Iggles, and the three other NFC North teams).

Lol

revefsreleets
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Tebow will end up playing H-back in the NFL. Regardless of guys like Vick, and some recent prevailing "popular thought", you still, you know, need to actually be able to pass the football to play QB in the NFL.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Does this mean madden is unretiring as well? .

Yes...he signed a multi-year contract with the ravens to be their #2 WR.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Lol

I'm a diehard as they come, but it sucks not having anything to do during the playoffs, and I LOVE football more than life itself, so I adopted a couple of teams just to root on. I admit I have no connection to them, and just pretty much root for them because I enjoy their style of play.

One day the Browns will be good again, and I can't wait for that day. And don't say that'll never happen, as look what the Cardinals did this year.

Anything is possible now with the NFL's parity. :)

The_WARDen
06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Karma will have one of the Packer Dlinemen putting Favre out for the season and FINALLY making this nightmare go away!

He's like the monster in a bad horror movie that just keeps getting back up.

KeiselPower99
06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
For Effs sake. Not again.

arge5809
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is sick and tired of hearing about Favre this and Favre that...blah blah blah !

arge5809
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
He needs to grow up and stay retired!

AllD
06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
He makes me want to puke. Some LB is going to make Favre the poster boy for Scott's Turf Builder.

NEPAsteeler
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Enough Brett Favre already. Any respect I had left for him is officially gone. Just stay retired already!

Steel_12
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
He's not going to be good this year anyway...he needs to maintain his legacy.

silver & black
06-24-2009, 09:50 PM
So what??? Who really cares anymore?Does this really surprise anyone?...... I didn't think so.

steelwall
06-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Excuse my french F farve... I know we have some people here that like him, and I myself used to have respect for him a decade ago. But I am sick of this shit...

PisnNapalm
06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Cripes....

Favre will do like he did last year. He'll start the season ok and do well but then about half way through it'll catch up to him. He'll try to do too much and things will fall apart. He'll also be worn down physically.

I wish he'd just retire already.

TackleMeBen
06-24-2009, 11:23 PM
My predictons from last year will carry over. Favre throws 20 TD's and 20 INT's and the Vikings (last year Jets) dont win a Super Bowl.
you mean like this..lol
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/2741959893_d392deb18c.jpg

PAMillerGrrl83
06-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Im sick of Favre and his drama!

Galax Steeler
06-25-2009, 05:06 AM
And the saga continues.:banging:

Preacher
06-25-2009, 05:24 AM
I think Brett Favre the QB is good for the league. He reminds me of the old guys... Theisman type players who just keep pushing and pushing.

However, I am sick of Favre the person, who cannot make up his mind. If he doesn't know what he wants to do, then keep shut until your decision is final. This back and forth is only doing damage to the legacy of Favre.

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 06:52 AM
I think Brett Favre the QB is good for the league. He reminds me of the old guys... Theisman type players who just keep pushing and pushing.

However, I am sick of Favre the person, who cannot make up his mind. If he doesn't know what he wants to do, then keep shut until your decision is final. This back and forth is only doing damage to the legacy of Favre.

Oh, I think he's known exactly what he was doing all along.

The_WARDen
06-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Is this for real? I can't find any evidence on Yahoo or anything...

fansince'76
06-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Is this for real? I can't find any evidence on Yahoo or anything...

Good point - I just checked the "Sporting News" link that was in the OP and saw that it was actually PFT. Since it isn't even on NFL.com, it's probably a bunch of BS. :doh:

The_WARDen
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Good point - I just checked the "Sporting News" link that was in the OP and saw that it was actually PFT. Since it isn't even on NFL.com, it's probably a bunch of BS. :doh:

I became suspicious yesterday when I wasn't blasted with FavreTV when I got home.

:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
06-25-2009, 04:32 PM
i don't know why people need to get thier panties in a bunch over what farve is, or isn't doing. has zero to do with the steelers, so who gives a rats ass.... geesh if your soooo sick of it, why do you feel the need to read, watch, or comment on anything farve related ???

SteelCityKing
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
the NFC isn't going to be as easy as we thought it was going to be this year. Favre, Cutler, and wait...who are the other two!? haha!

for some reason, Sports Illustrated has Aaron Rodgers as number 2 QB in their Fantasy Football polls! i ask myself, WTF!? but then again, they have Steelers as number one team defense. so, they aren't as dumb as i thought.

Psyychoward86
06-25-2009, 06:20 PM
i don't know why people need to get thier panties in a bunch over what farve is, or isn't doing. has zero to do with the steelers, so who gives a rats ass.... geesh if your soooo sick of it, why do you feel the need to read, watch, or comment on anything farve related ???

It does make that Vikings game all the more interesting. If Favre is starting that game, that game is THE game i have to watch.

HughC
06-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Go ahead and let the Favre "will he or won't he" retirement saga play out on espn every day for another year - what is, five straight years now, or six? Keep the attention on him so the Steelers can prepare with no distractions and maybe even fly under the radar.

Rek
06-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Woo hoo. Brett is back!

http://users.zoominternet.net/~jaketsr/tiger.gif

Godfather
06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
the NFC isn't going to be as easy as we thought it was going to be this year. Favre, Cutler, and wait...who are the other two!? haha!

for some reason, Sports Illustrated has Aaron Rodgers as number 2 QB in their Fantasy Football polls! i ask myself, WTF!? but then again, they have Steelers as number one team defense. so, they aren't as dumb as i thought.

Well, Rodgers is a decent QB and still has a lot of upside. Plus a good fantasy quarterback is only somewhat related to being a good quarterback.

LVSteelersfan
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
I hope Favre is still around by the time the Steelers play the Vikes. He will get pounded into the ground so hard he will retire directly after the game. Meet Mr. Harrison, Mr. Woodley, Mr. Timmons and Mr. Polomolu. Favre is the most overrated choker QB with the most INTs in the history of the league. You are not good if you throw that many INTs. Sorry, he is a joke. He used to be a good QB, but I will never, ever agree that he was one of the greats.

Psyychoward86
06-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Uh yeah, I'm also becoming a bit skeptical now that i cant find this info anywhere else...

The Patriot
06-27-2009, 08:50 PM
It's obviously a false report. ESPN would be all over it.