PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt picks Bengals to playoffs over the ravens

magoo
06-24-2009, 07:50 PM
He said it http://www.2010-super-bowl.com/afc_north/Bengals2009playoffs.html The Bengals should be better this year, but better than the Ravens?

fansince'76
06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Brandt is almost as old and senile as Al Davis too.

Psyychoward86
06-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I'll bake him some cookies if it happens.

tony hipchest
06-24-2009, 08:15 PM
its not too far fetched. there defense was ranked around tenth last year and they actually improve with the addition of tank, williams, malaluga, and getting rivers back. they were even going after ellis from the cowboys so the commitment is there.

then with palmer healthy, benson was coming on strong near the end of the year, l. coles is a good wr who can keep his mouth shut, and a rookie TE compared to heath, they have talent in place on both sides of the ball.

cowher was the first one bold enough to say it but now (especially after their draft and FA signings) many more talking heads are hopping on their band waggon.

Edman
06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
This is the time of the year when everyone is contender and all the splashers get the love. This year, instead of the Browns, it's the Bengals. They made all the "splashes" in Free Agency, their defense stood out because their offense was crap, and then there's the talking heads' insatiable love for Carson Palmer, who even when healthy, hasn't stopped the Bengals from putting up mediocre seasons after their 2005 fluke. As for Benson "coming on strong" at the end of the year, let's take a gander at what Defenses he faced: Kansas City and the Browns.

Yeah, real murderers' row of Defenses there.

Their "Top 10" Defense was so awesome that the Steelers hung 38 and 27 on them in two games last year. The Ravens put down 34 in a shellacking in Cincinnati.

This has happened before, and it will happen again. Let the Bengals get the hype and let them dream. Reality will set in come September. If the Bengals are contenders, I'll believe it when I see it.

Galax Steeler
06-25-2009, 04:56 AM
I guess we will let our play out on the field do the talking for us. I want to see Palmer get his teeth knocked out this year by our deffense.

Milkman
06-25-2009, 11:37 PM
This is the time of the year when everyone is contender and all the splashers get the love. This year, instead of the Browns, it's the Bengals. They made all the "splashes" in Free Agency, their defense stood out because their offense was crap, and then there's the talking heads' insatiable love for Carson Palmer, who even when healthy, hasn't stopped the Bengals from putting up mediocre seasons after their 2005 fluke. As for Benson "coming on strong" at the end of the year, let's take a gander at what Defenses he faced: Kansas City and the Browns.

Yeah, real murderers' row of Defenses there.

Their "Top 10" Defense was so awesome that the Steelers hung 38 and 27 on them in two games last year. The Ravens put down 34 in a shellacking in Cincinnati.

This has happened before, and it will happen again. Let the Bengals get the hype and let them dream. Reality will set in come September. If the Bengals are contenders, I'll believe it when I see it.

Well put, Edman. :tt03:

TackleMeBen
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
cowher was the first one bold enough to say it but now (especially after their draft and FA signings) many more talking heads are hopping on their band waggon.

i hope they all jump off before it pulls into the prison yard.. that is all the bengals will be .... thugs :wink02: