PDA

View Full Version : 'Ark of the Covenant' to be unveiled?

Fire Haley
06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
It's a sign!

Ethiopian patriarch tells pope he will show artifact to world

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, perhaps the world's most prized archaeological and spiritual artifact, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.

Abuna Pauolos, in Italy for a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI this week, told the news agency, "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries."

"The Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia for many centuries," said Pauolos. "As a patriarch I have seen it with my own eyes and only few highly qualified persons could do the same, until now."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=102119

Don't look!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/Ark1.jpg

steelreserve
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Well, I think we all know how this is going to end up.

Fire Haley
06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Jesus is coming home?

Bow down heathens.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 11:24 AM
http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/gallery/screens/r34.jpg

Fire Haley
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Interesting...

Chapter Four

Will Islam Be Our Future?- The Mahdi: Islam’s Awaited Messiah

"At the hands of the Mahdi the Ark of the Covenant will be brought forth from the Lake of Tiberias and taken and placed in Jerusalem.”

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/index.htm

It's a sign

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2009, 04:50 PM
[B]Will Islam Be Our Future

To Answer your question. Never!!!

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 06:15 PM
AWESOME! :applaudit: theres lots of theories of what happened or where it was but in ethiopia is one i think i believed the most.

"The Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia for many centuries," said Pauolos. "As a patriarch I have seen it with my own eyes and only few highly qualified persons could do the same, until now."

Ethiopians believe it is destined to be delivered to the Messiah when He reigns on Mount Zion – the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

so will obama be able to bring it back to the white house until he leaves in 2017? that would be cool.

Fire Haley
06-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Ethiopians believe it is destined to be delivered to the Messiah when He reigns on Mount Zion – the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

They might have called it Mount Zion in ancient times, but Mount Moriah is the site of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem today.

Yes - I look these things up. I don't want to be late for the End Times.

Meanwhile, while we wait - here's a handy world timezone clock thingie

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Fire Haley
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
To Answer your question. Never!!!

There's a 50/50 chance when they open it they'll find Obama's real birth certificate.

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
There's a 50/50 chance when they open it they'll find Obama's real birth certificate.hilarious!

i would think this story would be HUGE (like howard carter and king tuts tomb) but see no serious media coverage on google. well except for this from WEEKLY WORLD NEWS (who has batboy in its logo and claims to be the worlds only reliable news source)-

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/9322/ark-of-the-covenant-revealed/

Today, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church boasts that it sits under lock and key in the Chapel of the Tablet, near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion. It is only used occasionally in ritual processions, but almost no one has seen it, let alone gotten photographic evidence.

Said Pauolos, “The Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia for many centuries. As a patriarch I have seen it with my own eyes and only few highly qualified persons could do the same, until now.”

Even UFOlogists are excited, as some believe the Ark is an example of alien intervention in ancient times. They interpret its its supernatural aspects literally, such as that the operator had to wear a special gem-adorned breastplate, or that it could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

The world anxiously awaits his announcement tomorrow. But will it be the real Ark, or just a hoax?

...in other news, Palin bags a Bigfoot

i cant even imagine if it is confirmed as the authentic relic, being in the hands of orthodox ethiopia. thanks for the countdown clock! :thumbsup:

MACH1
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
There's a 50/50 chance when they open it they'll find Obama's real birth certificate.

There's a 100% chance that obaaama's going to tax it.

in other news : obaaama is married to bigfoot.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Really interesting. I remember seeing something on the History Channel or Discovery Channel about it. The priest who watched over the building that the Ark was supposed to be in had never been inside and never seen the Ark. Really interesting stuff.

I hope this turns out to be real. There just isn't enough "magic" and discovery today.

Preacher
06-25-2009, 10:45 PM
For some reason, I find this highly unlikely.

However, if it is true, it will throw the theological liberal OT world into turmoil. There are many things that will be requestioned.

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Really interesting. I remember seeing something on the History Channel or Discovery Channel about it. The priest who watched over the building that the Ark was supposed to be in had never been inside and never seen the Ark. Really interesting stuff.

I hope this turns out to be real. There just isn't enough "magic" and discovery today.yeah, i cant remember which ones, but TLC, History channel, and/or Discovery have had 2-3 specials on this.

all were very interesting. i try to catch all of their biblical archaeology specials.

i hope its true too. i dont need it to confirm what i believe, but its much cooler than the 35,000 bird bone flute they just discovered or, the revealation that the male mummy in nyc museum was really a woman.

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 11:03 PM

However, if it is true, it will throw the theological liberal OT world into turmoil. There are many things that will be requestioned.what do you think? was it carried off by babylonians?

ultimately, i believe it is a superficial item, and a golden box proves nothing. its veracity would be doubted anyways.

it couldve just taken the ethiopians this long to fabricate a believable replica. :hunch:

Fire Haley
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
it couldve just taken the ethiopians this long to fabricate a believable replica. :hunch:

2700 years is a long time to invent a hoax.

Wait - I hear trumpets.....

Muppet13
06-26-2009, 08:06 AM

However, if it is true, it will throw the theological liberal OT world into turmoil. There are many things that will be requestioned.

Good point. I agree.

Fire Haley
06-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Sorry - the aliens got to the Pope

Another Whoraldo moment....

Ethiopia's Orthodox patriarch cops out on revealing plan for public viewing

Hark! Where's the Bible Ark?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=102274

KeiselPower99
06-27-2009, 11:57 PM
If it still exists then it would be a terrific thing.